What bothers me the most... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

What bothers me the most...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#1 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

What really bothers me the most is that apparently, using cheats like the god item exploit that has been floating on the forums for the past couple of days, have been reported and caught before.

What happened though was a 1 week ban (or so) and no items were broken. Does that mean we can all cheat at god item creation and only get a little slap on the wrist? The items are being sold for over $1,000 each, apparently. A 1 week ban for a thousand dollars...you've gotta be kidding me.

It's an exploit. It was used to create god items, ninja seal rolls, and cheat. It has led to RMT and use in WoE. Things may be different on Ymir if it weren't for these god items. Whether they have been transferred to new owners or not, break the items. Ban them all. I'll keep this alive on the forums until justice is served.

http://forums.irowik...&postcount=3364

Edited by Lambor, 31 May 2011 - 06:25 AM.

#2 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

Gm's. Please do not remove this thread. People have rights to know what's going on in game.

Edited by Estancia, 31 May 2011 - 06:43 AM.

#3 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hi Valk =)

#4 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

What really bothers me the most is that apparently, using cheats like the god item exploit that has been floating on the forums for the past couple of days, have been reported and caught before.

What happened though was a 1 week ban (or so) and no items were broken. I'll gladly take that. Does that mean we can all cheat at god item creation and only get a little slap on the wrist?

Break the items. Ban them all. I'll keep this alive on the forums until justice is served.

http://forums.irowik...&postcount=3364

I heard it was 4 weeks that time and only if he would tell them what he did. Either way, I'm sure they'll take care of it.

I used to lose against this all the time. Back then they used a more outrageous variant and joined the chat from one of the seal of sleipnir quest rooms, bypassing the dwarf completely. I'd spawn first and enter the chat room first, only to see K**** or T**** make a god item seconds or minutes later, despite no one having seen them.

At first I thought they were just faster than I was. Then one day, they slipped up and we got a lucky break. By comparing the timestamps of the seal release message and the dwarf telling you to hurry up (10 second delay after joining room), we determined that the winner had joined the room BEFORE the seals had even rolled, and that was when we realized something shady was going on. (Incidentally, that was also when I gave up on competing.) It took a little more grunt work to eliminate all the other possibilities and establish that what they were doing was a long range chat join.

By that time I'd already discussed the issue at length with Xellie (who's a GM informant, for all intents and purposes :(), and the GMs had certainly become aware of the problem anyway, so I never felt the need to report it publicly. They'd apparently devised a countermeasure--I heard multiple second-hand reports of the last dwarf warping people to jail when they tried this. (Whatever they did wasn't perfect, though; on at least two occasions it sent people to jail even though they hadn't done anything wrong.) Guess not. Maybe it never worked as I'd thought or they took it out because of all the problems it caused.

Still, you should be careful about whom you accuse. We've seen the video evidence that Ham cheated. It's very convincing to me and probably to others who are familiar with the issue. However, you haven't shown any evidence that anyone else cheated recently, and I do have information that directly contradicts some of the things you've said.

Edited by renouille, 31 May 2011 - 06:57 AM.

#5 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

It was a 1 week ban for some of them. People were also grabbing treasures out of castles with a similar program.

I would be pissed if I were Lambor, because I don't see how the crime justifies such lenient punishment.
It's really demoralizing to play by the rules and see cheater after cheater get slapped on the wrist from making a plea bargain with the GMs by showing them how it's done.

#6 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

I go by what I hear. Unifan has bragged up a storm numerous times ingame and on vent that he was on character XXX and made them a god item. (I heard that he was on D).

Tor has run the hallway several times, but there are times where nobody sees him either, and that's usually after he loses a couple in a row. However, I've heard Tor first-hand (vent spy) admitting to using packet editors to flood the dwarf and be sent into the hallway almost immediately. That's where his head start comes from. That could be verified by the GMs by looking at packet logs (assuming they keep them). I'd target situations where packets are arriving in order, but 1) too fast, and 2) before the server told the client what to do.

D may be the most innocent out of them all. Who was on D's character though? That's where the problem comes in.

Edited this late*

Edited by Lambor, 31 May 2011 - 07:10 AM.

#7 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

It was a 1 week ban for some of them. People were also grabbing treasures out of castles with a similar program.

I would be pissed if I were Lambor, because I don't see how the crime justifies such lenient punishment.
It's really demoralizing to play by the rules and see cheater after cheater get slapped on the wrist from making a plea bargain with the GMs by showing them how it's done.

We know what they're doing. The only type of lenient punishment that would be acceptable would be...3+ month ban, all items ever created by that character/user/ip broken (sets destroyed as well), item/zeny wipe. And that's if they say what they've been doing. Other than that, all gone.

#8 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

I go by what I hear. Unifan has bragged up a storm numerous times ingame and on vent that he was on character XXX and made them a god item. (I heard that he was on D).

lol? now thats the biggest load of crap. you should ask one of your guild member more information about me, before making up crap on forums lol!

#9 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

We know what they're doing. The only type of lenient punishment that would be acceptable would be...3+ month ban, all items ever created by that character/user/ip broken (sets destroyed as well), item/zeny wipe. And that's if they say what they've been doing. Other than that, all gone.

I agree for the most part, but I think this should be a perm ban.
This goes way beyond the leveling exploit that Insur was caught using. If the GMs don't take action, the community needs to keep this issue relevant.
You shouldn't be able to cheat people out of their hard work and determination.

#10 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:11 AM

lol? now thats the biggest load of crap. you should ask one of your guild member more information about me, before making up crap on forums lol!

I've heard you on vent and I'm sure PM logs ingame will verify. GMs will make the final decision.

You've played Delight's recaller as well. I forgot that one.

Not going to respond to you anymore. I don't want this to turn into a troll thread. I'm just seeking justice. And by justice, I don't mean a slap on the wrist. I want reimbursement and the appropriate bans in place.

Edited by Lambor, 31 May 2011 - 07:13 AM.

#11 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

I've heard you on vent and I'm sure PM logs ingame will verify. GMs will make the final decision.

You've played Delight's recaller as well. I forgot that one.

Not going to respond to you anymore. I don't want this to turn into a troll thread. I'm just seeking justice. And by justice, I don't mean a slap on the wrist. I want reimbursement and the appropriate bans in place.

and which vent would that be lamb? i never talk you on vent lol! but meh up to GM i guess, they can check the IP's, and always welcome to. the only thing is that this is going to bother you, the rest of your life when the GM cannot find a hard evidence that i "unifan" cheated making god items.

#12 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Lambor look, do you think they'll do anything to this guy? He used a legal program, to do something illegal in a game. I know exactly how he did it, and it is possibly one of the easiest cheating things you can do. Just by watching the video you can tell. The cheat is about 6 bytes long and it takes like 15 seconds to set it up.

GMs ban 3rd party program users. But not this guy. He uses 3rd party programs, but will be exempt from their favoritism. The way I've seen it, watching certain people get banned, while others get to slide, (LOL INSURRECTION IS BACK) If you dont pay 150 dollars a month then you are expendable. This guy obviously has nothing better to do than play RO and cheat, while paying out for kafra shop items to give them a reason to let him slide.

This is not slander. This is the truth. I am NOT the first person to talk about it. Ham Sin Cross needs permanently banned, and IP blocked. PERIOD.

Edited by veteran2003, 31 May 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#13 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

This is very sad that people are doing this. My guild are in the works of getting things organized to rolling the seals. Now I am not sure if I want to put in the effort seeing people are cheating and I dont want my efforts to go to waste. I dont mind being beat the right way but if we are going to get our efforts stoleing like this why even try. I have read wiki here seen the video, heard alot of things from alot of people about whats going on. All I can say is I hope the GM team will fix this issue but fixing up the way the items are made.

#14 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

I need your help here. On the one hand, callout threads are not something I want to have on the forums. On the other hand, you guys are all adults and shouldn't need me to be having to unapprove your posts and lock flame threads. Heim and the GMs are investigating the reports we have been receiving, but it takes time to sift through the data logs we have requested from the IT/database department.

You guys want to see immediate action on this and want to see some heads rolling. This isn't really something we can do through the forums, we'll be in contact through PMs and the tickets on this but threads on this are just going to cause issues and in the end, we wouldn't be allowed to comment on an investigation's progress here anyway.

I'm sure Heim's going to want to comment on this issue when he comes in, but for the meanwhile give the GMs some room to work please.

#15 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

Tor has run the hallway several times, but there are times where nobody sees him either, and that's usually after he loses a couple in a row. However, I've heard Tor first-hand (vent spy) admitting to using packet editors to flood the dwarf and be sent into the hallway almost immediately. That's where his head start comes from. That could be verified by the GMs by looking at packet logs (assuming they keep them). I'd target situations where packets are arriving in order, but 1) too fast, and 2) before the server told the client what to do.

D may be the most innocent out of them all. Who was on D's character though? That's where the problem comes in.

Edited this late*

The GMs do not have packet logs, but they DO have the ability to read them Live. For example, they get a report that someone was using this known program to cheat, the Gms would have no proof, and would have to come into the game and read the packets as it is happening for full proof. In this case though, not even that is needed. They can check the timing on it.

#16 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

I can answer that. I was on D[][][].

Posted Image

You'd be surprised at what one can do with a safe GD, a blazing fast computer, single digit ping, ... and speed potting through the last room too, for good measure.

That's not very interesting though. Obviously I don't have a screenshot of myself in the hall. One would have to be nuts (or possess the confidence of a cheater) to try to take a screenshot during a race. What's more interesting is the other run I did recently.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This time the race was over, so I didn't have any reservations about taking screenshots. It would have been hard not to notice me with the Guild Recruiter hat. So here I was, legitimately in the chat at the end of the hallway. Note the ASPD icon at the right. That's the boost from the EDP I accidentally consumed (@#$% you BM), which slowed me down by at least a second, but despite that I was still able to beat everyone else to the chat room (except Ham, *cough*). With a speed pot, you can easily cover 16+ cells in a second. A player's sight range is only 14 cells. Bottom line: it is very possible for someone to go in without cheating and without being seen as well.

I've no doubt that Ham cheated, however.

P.S. I'm as shocked as anyone to hear that Unifan was "hiring" people with zeny. And I thought I was doing a favor... now I'll have to pester him until he coughs up the dough.

P.P.S. When I made the item on D[][][], the seals had mostly been pushed by Unifan et al. I haven't been trying for items much (for other people, because I don't have anything of my own to make) not because of this drama, but because I don't like to "steal" others' hard work, even if it is FFA.

#17 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

I need your help here. On the one hand, callout threads are not something I want to have on the forums. On the other hand, you guys are all adults and shouldn't need me to be having to unapprove your posts and lock flame threads. Heim and the GMs are investigating the reports we have been receiving, but it takes time to sift through the data logs we have requested from the IT/database department.

You guys want to see immediate action on this and want to see some heads rolling. This isn't really something we can do through the forums, we'll be in contact through PMs and the tickets on this but threads on this are just going to cause issues and in the end, we wouldn't be allowed to comment on an investigation's progress here anyway.

I'm sure Heim's going to want to comment on this issue when he comes in, but for the meanwhile give the GMs some room to work please.

Very reasonable request. I think there needs to be a thread for the community to view and see what's going on, though.
If you could keep this thread unlocked, that would be great.

#18 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

No offense to your policy, because I actually like it. But in this very specific case, I am extremely glad that someone pointed/called him out. I think that an example should be made of a player like this publicly, along with a private harsh punishment. This way people will be too scared to do it or copycat him. This is one of the easiest things you can do to cheat in RO.

#19 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for the reply. My only request is that this stays open so people can know what's going on. I feel as though Insurr's initial ban, which wasn't cruel or unusual...just what was needed, was a result of the fact that it had became public knowledge.

An investigation is certainly needed. The data is there though.

+1 me if you want this pinned =D

#20 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

I'm much happier with Valkyrie having the bots while Ymir has this garbage. I've been at the seals on Valkyrie for every seal roll since 1 before the change to the system( cept for the one on sunday). I've never seen anything strange and everyone seems to be legit in the race for the chat room. Hopefully it stays that way.

#21 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

Ren, who are you on in your second batch of screenshots? I'm at work and those images are blocked. =(

EDIT: Heard from PM. Delight recaller. Nvm.

Tor is a cheater though for sure. :) I've heard it with my own two ears. We're always on Genji and Yoink vent. He uses (insert program name here - Thanks vet) :(

Edited by Lambor, 31 May 2011 - 07:43 AM.

#22 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:40 AM

Ren, who are you on in your second batch of screenshots? I'm at work and those images are blocked. =(

EDIT: Heard from PM. Delight recaller. Nvm.

Tor is a cheater though for sure. :) I've heard it with my own two ears. We're always on Genji and Yoink vent. He uses *(@)*($)*@($*#@$()*@#$ :(

Please remove the name of that program in your post. We all know its a known program but delete it please. We dont need 100% of people to know it.

#23 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

Cheaters gonna cheat.

#24 Uruwashii

Uruwashii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

Please remove the name of that program in your post. We all know its a known program but delete it please. We dont need 100% of people to know it.

yay I guess I'll be cool and edit my post too lol

Edited by Uruwashii, 31 May 2011 - 07:49 AM.

#25 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

I had to look it up to see what (whateverprogramtheyused) is. Lol

Edited by Estancia, 31 May 2011 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users