#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:01 AM

This thread is based in a thread of the old forum: New Weapons

A few weeks ago we were talking, in the general section, about the drop rules, and was mentioned that was unfair that from 13 weapons in the game, warriors and defenders have 6 of them and mages only have 2 for all the 4 1st jobs.

Now, as always is better to have more instead of have less. The idea is suggest new weapons for each job: no matter if is mage, melee or ranged.

Weapons

First lets go to the most important, that is to add more weapons for mages: since they must share 2 weapons between all of them.

Mage Weapons

Mages should have a specific weapon for each 1st job and wand and staff. The specific class weapon should have the same dmg as the wand or the staff depending on if it is 1h or 2h.

Templars

Polearms: 2h magic weapon. Always have the idea that templars could use this kind of weapons: still, they should have a 1h weapon, not only to balance with the others but also because they have a shield pasive skill (even if is useless): but dont have any idea of wich weapon could be.

Soul Hunters

Whips: 1h magic weapon.

Shamans

Scythe: 2h magic weapon.

Battlemages

Fist Weapons: dual magic weapons, similar to the knuckles but class specific and with dmg similar to the staves and rise the magic dmg with the reinforcement.

Other ideas

Dual Wands: dual magic weapons. Why use a shield when you can use one wand in each hand? 1h wands are for old school mages, the moder ones want more risks and firepower.
Dual Whips: an alternative to the whips.

Physical Dmg Weapons

General

Dual Bludgeons and Dual Axes

Defenders/ Warriors

Dual Throwing Bludgeons and Dual Throwing Axes: very slow attack speed weapons, with dmg lower than a launcher, that let melee characters to have a chance to attack at distance: over all good for raids, when the melee character cant take the bosses dmg at melee range.

Rogues

Bows: faster than the xbow but slower than the launcher, the dmg is also in the middle of both.
Throwing Knives: could be a fast attack speed ranged weapon but with much less dmg than the xbow or the bow. Or could be a very slow attack speed and low dmg ranged weapon but the player can move while they shoot.

Hunters

Dual Guns: faster than the launcher but with much less dmg. Or could be a very slow attack speed and low dmg ranged weapon but the player can move while they shoot.

Ammo

Xbows should use arrows like the launchers use bullets. To make this change, the xbows should lose dmg, but that dmg would be the one that goes to the arrows.

This open a wide number of posibilities: arrows and bullets could have elemental dmg, maybe make ammo compoundable with elemental xeons (the consumption ones) to give a tipe of dmg to that stack of ammo. An alterantive could be to be able to enchant the ammo with xeons.

Also, if the ammo could be compounded, there could be shells with more dmg but that decrease the attack speed (to change the launcher to shotgun mode) or a coumpound that throw 2 bullets at the same time but decrease the dmg and acc.

Related thread: Ammunition Hunter/Rogue

#2 EphraimWitchwood

EphraimWitchwood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAt my computer. Like, all the time.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

Gravity needs to hire you, Nadesh. You have some EPIC ideas. :3

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

This were ideas from here and there from the old forum. The idea of the thread is mostly to retake the conversation about them. Pluss, i think that mages are starting to need more and more their own weapons, maybe not class specific but a few more than we have now: 2 weapons for half of classes in the game, while the other half have the other 11, isnt enough. Is ok that defenders, warriors and rogues have more weapons than the others, but mages are in the other extreme, all of them together have less weapons than one of this classes alone.

#4 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:49 PM

dual hammers/axe for mystic druid tempest. something that has a bit less than half the physical attack of a normal hammer but more narrow range magic attack like a knuckle. id like for them to be equipped as separate weapons....so u could swap to shield if u wanted. with just physical crit/additional and skill crit/additional stats. more skill critical chance for hammer and physical for axe. this could allow a lot larger range of hybrid type chars that ppl could make out of these classes. allow mystics an tempest to be melee chars if they wanted & give druids the weapons they should be wearing. i been wanting this for a long time just for the sake of trying something new. their attack speed would have to be a bit more than half of the normal weapons. set it at 1.0-1.3 and id be happy with that.

ì? ë¹?주ì? ë??루이ë?? ë??ì??ë?ì?ì??í?? ë??ì?¼ 망ì¹?ë?? / ë?끼. í??ì§?ë§? ì ?ì?ì ì¸ 망ì¹? ì?½ê°?ì? ì ?ë°? 이í??ë¡? 물리적인 공격ì? ê°?ì§?ê³  ë­?ê°? ì?ê°?락 ë§?ë??를 ì¢? ë? 좁ì? ë²?ì??ì? ë§?ë²? 공격. ì²?ë?¼ ê·¸ë?¤ì? ì??í?´ IDë?? ë³?ë?ì? 무기ë¡? .... ê°?ì¶? ì?? ì??ë?록 uë?? uë?? ì?í??ë?¤ë©´ ë°©í?¨ë¡? ì?¤ì?? ì?? ì??ì?µë??ë?¤. ë?¨ì§? 물리적인 critê³¼ /ì?? 기ì?  crit / ì¶?ê°? í?µê³? ì¶?ê°?. 망ì¹?ì?? ë?끼ì? ë??í?? 물리적 ë? ì?¤í?¬ ì¤?ì??í?? 기í??. 이ê²?ì? í??이ë¸?리ë?? í??ì?? 문ì? ë§?이 ë? 큰 ë²?ì??ë?? pplê°? 이ë?¬í?? 클ë??ì?¤ ë§?ë?¤ ì?? í??ì?©í?  ì?? ì??ì?µë??ë?¤. ì? ë¹?주ì? ì?ë?¤ì?ê²? ê·¸ë?¤ì´ ì?í??ë?¤ë©´ 40 ë¶? & 문ì?ë¡? ë??폭 í?ì?°ë¥¼ í??ì?© ì?¬ì ?ë?¤ì?ê²? ê·¸ë?¤ì´ ì°©ì?©í?´ì?¼ 무기를 ì ?ê³µí?©ë??ë?¤. ë?? ì?¤ë?«ë?ì?? ì??ë¡?ì?´ 무ì?¸ê°?를 ì??ë? ì??í?´ì?? ë?¨ì§?이 ê°?길. ê·¸ë?¤ì? 공격 ì?ë?를 ì¢? ë? 일ë°?적인 무기ì? ì ?ë°? 이ì? 될 ê²?ì??ë??ë?¤. 1.0-1.3 ê·¸ê²?ì? ì?¤ì ?í??ê³  ì¢? ~ ì??라 IDì??ë??ë?¤.

#5 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

Other Idea for Battle Mage could be Normnal Shield and Sword could be interesting for a Druid Tank. But the best idea is if each
class would have there own weapon. Warlord with a 2H Bludgeon Mastery could be very interesting.

#6 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:59 AM

druid can already wear 1h sword and shield no? im pretty sure throny wears 1h sword and shield

#7 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:20 AM

damn nice ideas...i would like scythes for defi ^^ like a death god

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:58 AM

Yes, could be for soul hunters, i would said that would fit more, and also whips would fit good for them. I put it based in what people said in the wiki, etc.

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

Hunter Weapons:

The most common guns in the games are:

Sniper rifle: Rangers have a buff to emulate this weapon, so, no need to add it.

Shotgun: the launcher itself could be taked as a shotgun, but Avengers could get a buff that reduce the range of the weapon to 20m but give it more dmg.

Machine gun: with the speed buff, the launcher become in some kind of machine gun, so, dont need to add it.

Dual guns: was suggested in this thread, i think it would be a good addition.

Flame thrower: i think that one way to add it could be with an Avenger skill: a buff like the range extention of the Rangers but this buff make the launcher throw fire. It would give lower dmg but higher speed. An alternative could add another kind of ammo that make the launcher shoot like if it was a flame thrower.

#10 MeCCa

MeCCa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

shotgun sounds fun with 15m-20m range. dual guns sounds fun also, but doesnt make sense about the speed with low dmg, since launcher has 1.0 speed with buff. maybe a 1h launcher

#11 CyberGod

CyberGod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

Do you have ideas on improving close range melee classes Nadesh? I know that this is a caster class weapon discussion, but I was just wondering.

EDIT: I liked a previously mentioned idea of rangers losing accuracy and attack speed with distance. Maybe something could be implemented someday.
Also about avenger traps, it would be nice to have some sort of defense against them. Maybe a sort of "trap defense."

Edited by CyberGod, 26 August 2010 - 01:52 PM.

#12 kayman

kayman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationLima - Perú
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:57 PM

That's Sound fantastic! whit thats duals my zerker can raid too.

Posted Image

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

shotgun sounds fun with 15m-20m range. dual guns sounds fun also, but doesnt make sense about the speed with low dmg, since launcher has 1.0 speed with buff. maybe a 1h launcher

Well, the original idea was that they could shoot and move at the same time with dual guns equiped (of course, the range extention and other skills wouldnt work). But the higher speed would be because they would be shooting 2 bullets at the same time instead of one.

Do you have ideas on improving close range melee classes Nadesh? I know that this is a caster class weapon discussion, but I was just wondering.

EDIT: I liked a previously mentioned idea of rangers losing accuracy and attack speed with distance. Maybe something could be implemented someday.
Also about avenger traps, it would be nice to have some sort of defense against them. Maybe a sort of "trap defense."

Besides of dual blusgeons, dual axes and polearms weapons (like the ones used by the guards in the game), dont have much more ideas. I remember someone suggesting dual shields in the past but that wouldnt be a weapon.

The discussion about the avengers traps is in this thread: http://forums.warppo...system-changes/

#14 DanteLucian

DanteLucian

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

Dual axes/bluds are usually VERY FAST weapons in other games, but they lack dmg compared to close range classes main weapons. I think spears and lances would fit better with the low speed you are proposing.
Also, I think Warriors should be able to use bows + arrows (not crossbows), kinda like fire emblem warriors that use axe + bow haha, however, just like rangers, they can't move when using a bow, plus having a low attack speed, and a high dmg to compensate the lack of dex warriors have, still, very low compared to a close range weapon.

#15 MeCCa

MeCCa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

zerks need bazookas

#16 kayman

kayman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationLima - Perú
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

Bazooka Rulez ... Or maybe like a Inka Weapon (Huaraca) ... search in wikipedia ... is not a joke!

#17 kmprins

kmprins

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

with just a quick glance at the weapons.. i find it very odd that most of the suggested weapons for mages are usually considered heavy dmg dealing for malee class and the weapon u suggested for the melee ppl, they are all ranged.

now lets break it down in a little different way.

Polearms= halbreds or poleaxe= usually used by big strong ppl to take out Calvary<-- Melee

Whips= decent idea

scythes= these are a type of polearm weapon

fist weapons- noted to be useless,, u already have knuckles and claws of which bother are deemed unnecessary and useless.

dual wands would look stupid and then would have to make it so that ur not stacking wands EX: 2x ruans competence.. thats a little absurd.
duals whips would look neat.

dual bludgeon<-- (somebody wants to be a sin?)

throwing axes would be pretty sick but throwing hammers at ppl would just be silly.

throwing knives would be an odd twist, but is a neat idea for a secondary weapon.

Bows are also neat. i feel like that should be used in conjunction with arrows (like how rangers have to have bullets, they will have to have some sort of defining attribute about them to make them worth while. like less attck speed need but also less dmg etc etc or pl will stick to the xbow.

dual guns.. ehhh secondary at est and yet again would need to be used in conjunction with ammo

#18 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

As for Crossbows, why not add Repeating Crossbow and Multi-Shot Crossbows?

And split the dual swords to 2 different swords.

#19 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:41 AM

Dual axes/bluds are usually VERY FAST weapons in other games, but they lack dmg compared to close range classes main weapons. I think spears and lances would fit better with the low speed you are proposing.
Also, I think Warriors should be able to use bows + arrows (not crossbows), kinda like fire emblem warriors that use axe + bow haha, however, just like rangers, they can't move when using a bow, plus having a low attack speed, and a high dmg to compensate the lack of dex warriors have, still, very low compared to a close range weapon.

No, i didnt said that melee dual axes/bluds should be slow, i said that throwing dual axes/bluds should be slow. Spears could be slow but also could be fast, it depends on the kind of spear and how is used.

In any case the throwing axes/bluds should be to give a ranged option to melee classes, mainly not for pvp but for raids, or a siege map, or other special pvp maps. And of course, those could be fast, but the idea was to make it balanced and not necessarily realistic: those weapons could look heavy, that way it would be justified the speed.

The bows for warriors could be also a good idea, if they had a special one or just they could use it. Usually the no-specialiced classes use the ranged weapons at lower speed, because they werent trained for that.

with just a quick glance at the weapons.. i find it very odd that most of the suggested weapons for mages are usually considered heavy dmg dealing for malee class and the weapon u suggested for the melee ppl, they are all ranged.

The thing is that most melees dont really need new weapons, and the only they lack is of some kind of ranged weapon: those weapons should be slow and maybe dont deal as much dmg as the ranged classes ones, just because isnt the main function of the melee classes.

Polearms= halbreds or poleaxe= usually used by big strong ppl to take out Calvary<-- Melee

Yes, i know and i said that i didnt had idea of wich could be the best weapon that could fit with the Templars. But still, if we look the Turan's ranks, the Templars are the ones that resemblance more to the infantry: they have light armor and in the origin they were a hybrid melee class. And all depends on wich polearms we are talking about, some can be used in a fast way.

light armor + polearm = infantry, heavy armor + polearm = cavalry

scythes= these are a type of polearm weapon

Yes, when i said polearms before i was talking mostly about the spears and halberds type, apart from the shythe type. If they wanted to implement shythes to shamans and shythes are polearms, then i dont see the problem in implement another kind of polearm for templars.

fist weapons- noted to be useless,, u already have knuckles and claws of which bother are deemed unnecessary and useless.

Yes, my first suggestion was to fix the knuckles but since other classes may be using it (some players could had them reinforced and would be unfair to force them to lose it with a class change). That is why i suggested a new type, but this time class specific. The stats wouldnt be the same, and would count more like a 2h weapon or something in the middle, similar to a staff but with int (maybe) instead of mnd.

dual wands would look stupid and then would have to make it so that ur not stacking wands EX: 2x ruans competence.. thats a little absurd.

There would be a weapon called dual wand, it wouldnt be able to equip an individual wand in each hand: it would be more like a wand version of the dual swords. About if that is absurd or not, that can be discussed: dont know if is more absurd than use a 1h wand and shield. As a side note, one also need to be strong to use a shield.

#20 netsniper

netsniper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

adding for prots dual shield would be a nice idea
its very well known that tower shields and kite shields in the past could be used as a wep to shield slam ppl and getting a strong slam from 1 was 1 heck of a concussion ..that way a diffrent play style could be added to prots with crit block option and more shield skills like Shield Stirke like maybe a ranged boomerang throw skill...

#21 Archangel92

Archangel92

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

or could be one shield that would have high defence and block and the second shield to hold would be a spiked one or imbued with razors with lower def but better dmg ^^ and shiled strike from protector would stun for double time ^^

Edited by Archangel92, 09 September 2010 - 03:35 PM.

#22 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

A little variation of the mage weapons previously suggested:

Elemental Weapons

Mages should have a specific weapon for each 1st job and wand and staff. The specific class weapon should have the same dmg as the wand or the staff depending on if it is 1h or 2h.

The elemental weapons wouldnt have physical dmg and magical dmg but only magic property dmg. When is used to cast magic, it affect the skills just like the wand, staffs, knuckles, bludgeons do; but when are used to in a melee attack, instead of apply the str modifier, it apply the int moddifier and instead of get reduction with the defense, get reduction of dmg with the resistances to that element.

Instead of change the visual effect over the weapon when is enchanted, this kind of weapon change the visual effect depending on the element of that weapon.

Templars

Haldbeds: the element of the halberds would be electric.

Soul Hunters

Dual Whips: would have a curse effect. The effect could be green like if was poison.

Shamans

Scythe: with a fire effect.

Battlemages

Fist Weapons: same as the templar ones, could have an electric effect.

Edited by Nadesh, 06 October 2010 - 03:09 AM.

#23 Krimmy

Krimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRl'yeh

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

Soul Hunter should get scythe, not shaman. I don't know many who would disagree. It fits flawlessly.

#24 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

Yes, i agree, but for some reason it always was asociated with shamans in this game. It would be a nice discussion, and would be a nice one to define wich could be good for shamans.

#25 Krimmy

Krimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRl'yeh

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

Never heard someone mention shamans with scythe's before you. I'm not attacking or anything, it's just 100% a soul hunter thing. Even the name.... Soul Hunter... Grim Reaper.... Scythe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users