Rune Knight Build Guides - Page 2 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Rune Knight Build Guides

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#26 KKWL

KKWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:42 AM

I took at look at your revised Hybrid build and man what an overhaul. I was wondering if I wanted it to be more PVE oriented could I take out the points in Dragon Howling and put them back into Sonic Wave? I still prefer swords over spears since most of my funds were spent on that gear lol

The HS/DB build looks awesome though but I can't afford to do it atm.

#27 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

Further testing done and the guides will be updated to better reflect the new gear available.

#28 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

Minor updates to the guides.

#29 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

My RK is now 150/50. My build is a IB/BB build and I have yet to make a rune or even walk into pvp with him lol. I am about to reset to a hundred spear / dragon breath / crushing strike build. I see a lot of people post about making a Hybrid. Does hybrid basically mean they want to have atk speed with 2h sword but still do good with skills(HS, DB)? If I am really not interested in breaking or melee atk for woe/pvp, how important is AGI. Seems like I could maximize skill dmg(HS, DB) if i ditch AGI. At least make AGI my leftover skill to put points into.

Seems like STR/VIT/DEX/INT are the most important. Leaving AGI/LUK as leftover skills. How low can I get by with as far as the leftover skills? Am I going about this all wrong? Is there many 1 AGI RK's out there or is that just silly?

#30 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

Actually, I'm willing to bet that most RKs have 1 agi, at least on valk server. There have been a lot more agi-RKs recently but I think you are pretty much right on the dot with your ideas. If you are going full hybrid RK with 80+ agi, you would probably need quite expensive gears to compensate for the stat points you lose elsewhere. Some people are calling the HS/DB build "hybrid" since you have strength and full DB build doesn't need any, but without any strength you really are missing out on a lot and DB really wuld be the only skill you use. You can maybe call the HS/DB build a "semi-hybrid" build and the build with agi as well a "full-hybrid" build I guess.

Either way, go 80+ agi or just stick with 1 agi I guess.

You can consider adding some points into luk as well since it gives atk and hit as well and for much cheaper than str/dex for a low amount of luk.

#31 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

Pure hs/db builds for pvm you don't need agi. For pvp you probably don't. For woe it depends on who you're up against as your dragon will pobably run away the second it sees a half decent chaser. For most scrub guilds probably not though

So yeah it's viable to have a 1 agi rk. However it's very context specific. A hybrid type might yield marginally less damage but you gain more in versatility.

#32 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

'hey Budd was asking for the balance IB DB build Why do u get Spear mastery if its mainly 2 hand sowrd and y the kvm spear

#33 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

'hey Budd was asking for the balance IB DB build Why do u get Spear mastery if its mainly 2 hand sowrd and y the kvm spear

I just got done leveling my RK to 150/50 with a red twin edge and 3 sword guardian cards. That setup let me use a shield to level. I didn't have spear mastery. I actually got sword mastery 10 for one handed swords. I don't actually know if it was needed? I never used a spear to level the entire time.

#34 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

It's really because it's the balanced hybrid build is what I'm actually using and I use the KVM spear for WoE. For straight up PVM if you're using a 1h naght sieger sword you might as well get 1h mastery. I actually don't use 1h swords that often anymore. It's either full on 2h sword or switched over to a 1h spear+shield for woe and MVP killing (lower tier mvps I can go 2h sword but for MVPs that hit harder, the shield is nice). For what I use my RK for, I have no use for 1h sword mastery but that's just my playing style. In earlier revisions of that build, I actually got both 1h sword, 2h sword and spear mastery but I opted for parry later on.

Having a KVM weapon does help if you plan on leveling at Rachel and Biolabs and you can still endow it for the fire element bonus with IB, but you don't need to follow any of my builds exactly. It's best used as a guideline and then refined to what best suits you really.

Edited by MrBudd, 13 March 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#35 Darkslayer27

Darkslayer27

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

Hi,

Great guide you got there. By the way, I just started playing RO and my first character is a swordsman. Do you think an agi swordsman is a good way to start in RO? And what do you think will be a good build for a knight for PVM?

#36 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Agi swordsman/knight should be easier to level with less funds and equips. Single target whacking and skills would be your forte, like bash and two hand quicken.

Vit oriented builds may try to mob and use magnum break / bowling bash. You should have enough skill points to get all of the above however, for both agi/vit builds. Some vit builds may also use spears and pierce for leveling too, and go for brandish spear instead of bowling bash.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Knight has some good information for leveling a knight but please do note that some of this might not apply after you rebirth, where you may be focusing on the Rune Knight skill tree more.

#37 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hi,

Great guide you got there. By the way, I just started playing RO and my first character is a swordsman. Do you think an agi swordsman is a good way to start in RO? And what do you think will be a good build for a knight for PVM?

I vote STR/VIT/DEX build and just us Bash until you get Bowling Bash.

#38 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hi,

In most cases, an agi based knight is the way to go when you're short on funds and don't want to shell out real money for woe supply boxes for woe whites and blues or light blues. If you're willing to spend a few bucks on kafra shop supplies, then going str/vit/dex and using magnum break and bowling bash on things is really fast.

#39 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Updated the rune knight guide on my guild site. Nothing new on the RK side. Just added some stuff on non-trans knights and lord knights to help out those who haven't quite gotten to Rune Knight and need some info.

Here's the guide.

http://www.valkplaye...om/?page_id=296

and yes... I know the Lord Knight section is totally redundant but for some reason people still wanted some sort of direction to follow so I put it in there.

#40 Darkslayer27

Darkslayer27

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

In most cases, an agi based knight is the way to go when you're short on funds and don't want to shell out real money for woe supply boxes for woe whites and blues or light blues. If you're willing to spend a few bucks on kafra shop supplies, then going str/vit/dex and using magnum break and bowling bash on things is really fast.

I see..so vit knights level up faster than agi knights. Is that what you mean? I just changed job recently to a knight and I put my stats mostly on AGI. My current stats are STR=50 AGI=65 DEX=30. I still don't have much zeny to buy decent equips so I just used equips provided by Eden group. Should I continue putting my stats to AGI, STR and DEX or should I put some on VIT or LUK?

#41 Darkslayer27

Darkslayer27

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

Agi swordsman/knight should be easier to level with less funds and equips. Single target whacking and skills would be your forte, like bash and two hand quicken.

Vit oriented builds may try to mob and use magnum break / bowling bash. You should have enough skill points to get all of the above however, for both agi/vit builds. Some vit builds may also use spears and pierce for leveling too, and go for brandish spear instead of bowling bash.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Knight has some good information for leveling a knight but please do note that some of this might not apply after you rebirth, where you may be focusing on the Rune Knight skill tree more.

Does this mean that my current build with my knight is good enough? It's really hard making zeny in RO. I can't buy decent equips for my knight. Do you think I should go put some stats on LUK? My current stats is STR=50, AGI=65 and DEX=30. I'm still very confused what's a good build for my knight. I'm still focusing on PVM.

Edited by Darkslayer27, 23 March 2012 - 01:12 AM.

#42 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

I see..so vit knights level up faster than agi knights. Is that what you mean? I just changed job recently to a knight and I put my stats mostly on AGI. My current stats are STR=50 AGI=65 DEX=30. I still don't have much zeny to buy decent equips so I just used equips provided by Eden group. Should I continue putting my stats to AGI, STR and DEX or should I put some on VIT or LUK?

Vit builds *can* level faster only if you're blowing up mobs with bowling bash. If you can't afford the supplies used then stick with an agi build. Stat wise is really depends on what direction you want to go.

#43 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Does this mean that my current build with my knight is good enough? It's really hard making zeny in RO. I can't buy decent equips for my knight. Do you think I should go put some stats on LUK? My current stats is STR=50, AGI=65 and DEX=30. I'm still very confused what's a good build for my knight. I'm still focusing on PVM.

Yes, your build seems quite fine to me. Knight has always been my starting character where I have no funds or anything and I chose the agi route too. Eden equips will do the job fine and you can maybe start looking into what kind of equips you want when you are a lord knight.

I might recommend getting at least 10 or 20 luk since it will be cheaper to add luk compared to str and dex later on (adding 1 -> 20 luk compared to adding 60 -> 65 str for example). It will give you ATK and HIT for a pretty cheap cost and it's a good idea to get a little bit. Going full 99 agi for the really fast attack speed might be tempting though, and adding some vit for more survivability is nice too though.

You could probably try going the VIT build after you rebirth.

#44 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Going 99 agi on a knight is not really recommended. Pure agi is nice early on but not so much later in the game.

#45 Darkslayer27

Darkslayer27

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

Vit builds *can* level faster only if you're blowing up mobs with bowling bash. If you can't afford the supplies used then stick with an agi build. Stat wise is really depends on what direction you want to go.

I see.. I think I'll go with agi build then.

Yes, your build seems quite fine to me. Knight has always been my starting character where I have no funds or anything and I chose the agi route too. Eden equips will do the job fine and you can maybe start looking into what kind of equips you want when you are a lord knight. I might recommend getting at least 10 or 20 luk since it will be cheaper to add luk compared to str and dex later on (adding 1 -> 20 luk compared to adding 60 -> 65 str for example). It will give you ATK and HIT for a pretty cheap cost and it's a good idea to get a little bit. Going full 99 agi for the really fast attack speed might be tempting though, and adding some vit for more survivability is nice too though. You could probably try going the VIT build after you rebirth.

I would like to apologize but I'm kinda confused with your stat suggestion. Is it really worth adding LUK up 20? The critical rate seems to be very low. I might be adding a little VIT but I'm still not so sure what direction to take. If you would mind posting a sample stats build for an agi knight I would really appreciate it. I tried the iRO stats calculator but I'm not confident enough on the results.

#46 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Luk is a general purpose stat that kinda buffs other attributes a little. I would only put in low amounts of it since you need a few points to get a very small boost in things like atk.

#47 Darkslayer27

Darkslayer27

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Luk is a general purpose stat that kinda buffs other attributes a little. I would only put in low amounts of it since you need a few points to get a very small boost in things like atk.

So it's not really that important to a knight if your not going to a critical build. I would like to get your opinion regarding these stats that I simulated at iRO stat calculator :

Knight Base LVL99 Job LVL 50
STR=82+8
AGI=80+2
VIT=44+10
DEX=54+6
LUK=6+4
INT=1

ASPD = 188.38 (w/ Berserk Potion + Two Hand Quicken)

Please note the additional stats came from job bonuses.

Do you think this will be a decent stat to my knight? I would also like to get you suggestion on a good build for a knight.

By the way, I read you guide again and I think I'm decided to take BB+IB path. I really like the build and I can't wait to be a LK/RK.

Edited by Darkslayer27, 24 March 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#48 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

If you're a regular knight right now you'll need higher dex. 70 is a safe number to aim for. While the build could work you'll miss a lot without hit boosting gears.

#49 Darkslayer27

Darkslayer27

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

If you're a regular knight right now you'll need higher dex. 70 is a safe number to aim for. While the build could work you'll miss a lot without hit boosting gears.

Thanks for your feedback. I modified my build based on you suggestion and came up with this:

STR=72+8
AGI=83+2
VIT=44+10
DEX=64+6
LUK=2
INT=1

All stat points allocated. I sacrificed 10 points of STR and put it to dex. It has a decent 185 aspd and hit of 346. What do you think about this?

#50 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

I've got a Novice going Swordclass towards Rune Knight, but haven't started her yet. I have no funds so I was going to go for a Agi/Str/Dex build. Would that mean that I put my main points into Agi, then into Str and the leftover into Dex?
If so, should I focus on a specific number to get in a Parameter before adding points into a different one?

I don't use Swordclasses that often cause they tend to be rather expensive. Mages are easier, I learned to shove Int up to about 70 before going into Dex...

C-A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users