Ymir is Heavily Botted - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Ymir is Heavily Botted

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#76 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

375 third party programs perished this morning in what is being described by coalition authorities as a "buttkicking". Bots interviewed in Prontera refused to comment.

The Friends with Benefits wouldn't work so well if you Ymirians couldn't get your friend to join you on Ymir.

I do not like the side effect of some bots getting in, but without any influx of characters this campaign would do nothing for Ymir.

I don't think 375 really qualifies as "some". But thanks for trying to keep up with it.

#77 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

I don't think 375 really qualifies as "some". But thanks for trying to keep up with it.

That's the numbers from valk, to which we can add 134 spammers to that sum.

The numbers from ymir were 47, including yesterday. The issue on ymir is not nearly as severe.

#78 urbanusatph

urbanusatph

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

one ring to rule them all!!

diabolous ring...

or probably ring of flame lord. ^^

#79 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

That video is crazy. Well from what i have seen, they are farming the spooky machine. There have been hordes of them going and standing in like three spots all around the same time in the middle of the night, upgrading then logging. So I am guessing someone is using a ton of free characters and getting a ton of free -_- to give to thier main account. Sad huh?

Spooky machine only vip from now on???? I am hoping

#80 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

That's the numbers from valk, to which we can add 134 spammers to that sum.

The numbers from ymir were 47, including yesterday. The issue on ymir is not nearly as severe.

So when will you all give the communities notice of who and how often people get the axe?

#81 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Most of them are nameless bots. The actual plays that get banned rarely actually stay banned long enough to bother mentioning they got banned.

#82 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

mods dont care abot the bots... i play yagg and its about that bad.. seems all they care about now is the money making thru kaffra points, after this re-release of the spare card my faith in them plumeted to a alltime low, i stood up for them and now this? botss everywhere.. and breaking a silent promiss no other game has done before for risk of losing the credability. thiers no such thing as any "event" items anymore, they friggen released the skull cap event 4 diffrent times within wut? two months. yet still called it event...

#83 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

You should check out Amatsu Dungeon. lots of bots running through there /no1

#84 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

Not to mention flooding the server with +7 crap.

+7 is the new +4.

People go "+7 rwh and +0 rwh? what's the bloody difference?"

+9 certs will be out this christmas.

#85 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

nothing is really worth anything gangsta not +9 certs this xmass but a xmass lucku box that can give mvp cards or something... and im not talking about mystic card albums. thats what the rate of things are going flooding the game with golend theif bugs this xmass or the next, i was first ticked off by the 4 time event of skullcaps, then certs which are sorta nice if your rich off your batooty to buy them but still... kinda makes enriched useless. now thier re-releasing old event items... next up will be the next rarest thing... god items.. or worse mvp cards

#86 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

Not to mention flooding the server with +7 crap.

+7 is the new +4.

People go "+7 rwh and +0 rwh? what's the bloody difference?"

+9 certs will be out this christmas.

i miss + 7 meaning something ;.=.;

#87 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

Same. I used to +7 Buckler[1]s pre-renewal. Now its all "ohhh +7 valkyrian shield don't mean ;) to me, only +10/12 is worth talking about".

#88 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

There's an influx of Thief bots in Ant Hell currently.

#89 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

Prontera- Coalition forces are reporting that 517 automated insurgent forces (AIF) have been identified and killed in a skirmish during intense street fighting this morning.

#90 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

It's amazing what affect these bots have on certain areas. The familiars in Ant Hell keep spawning in my face to kill me, and the large egg spawn is completely stuffed full of monsters of all types, completely inaccessible to anyone in the level range. Bots are dying left and right when they enter that area.

#91 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Well...botters be hurting, they did make some great changes over the last two weeks, they are really feeling it.

So can we keep the pressure on them?

#92 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

Great... gold spammers in Prontera on Ymir :dunno: Can only imagine just how much zeny they farmed to be able to start spamming.
I hope today this free character crap will be disabled forever.

Edited by Kuwano, 01 November 2011 - 07:15 AM.

#93 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

I logged on and thought I picked the wrong server when I got hit with the gold spammers

#94 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

Great... gold spammers in Prontera on Ymir :dunno: Can only imagine just how much zeny they farmed to be able to start spamming.
I hope today this free character crap will be disabled forever.

Actually very little. See when you do advertisement like because You're not moving product due to:
1.) A lot of over stock- to many suppliers.
2.) Not enough buyers.

In all, they have nothing to lose to advertize for those sites. They're prices are already up and down the charts... (go google it)

For the most part it's like any other advertizement, it's plastered around like "horse sh*t" if it's either because sales are down or it's a limited time offer.

Gravity must be going something right :)

#95 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

:dunno:

Spoiler

#96 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Actually very little. See when you do advertisement like because You're not moving product due to:
1.) A lot of over stock- to many suppliers.
2.) Not enough buyers.

In all, they have nothing to lose to advertize for those sites. They're prices are already up and down the charts... (go google it)

For the most part it's like any other advertizement, it's plastered around like "horse-_-" if it's either because sales are down or it's a limited time offer.

Gravity must be going something right :dunno:

Don't really understand what are you trying to say. Spam bots demonstrates a progress in fighting against bots? Yeah, right. These ideas about advertisement have a whole different meaning in present days, when we see a lot of advertising from Microsoft, Apple, Sony, etc. So, not enough buyers? Well, yeah, they're never enough. Doesn't mean they don't have a lot, only means that they want more. More than their competitors, more than last month, or just MORE.

Anyway, I don't give a foot about why they're advertising their gold (and they do have a lot of it, because it's not difficult to see how much stuff they're farming and actually selling out), for I'm not here to do the research about this, I just know that spammers do cause an inconvenience to me and to other players, and I know that I don't like to see someone selling 50 underpriced vitata or hunter fly cards or any other stuff, after people spending a month to farm just 1 and expecting to sell it for adequate price, yet these expectations getting ruined by botters with their underpriced goods in crazy amounts and with filling market by not so legitimate zeny. This is neither good nor right in any way.

Edited by Kuwano, 01 November 2011 - 12:05 PM.

#97 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

there is one way to fix this. Since our address is given upon signing up in WP site, we should track them down and kill them by first slit their throat then cut off their hands then their legs then head, decapitate them by any means, then cut their balls and stick them in their mouth, then cut out the eyes and switch them w/ their balls. lol so harsh.

#98 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

when you see bots in leveling spots please report them.

Seriously it will cause the whole group of them to get blocked, and it only takes 1 report. I know reporting is annoying, but it is literally impossible for us to patrol every map at all frequently. I wish we did have the staff to make the patrolling the regular thing rather than the "when time allows" thing, but that is why reporting feature exists.

#99 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

when you see bots in leveling spots please report them.

Seriously it will cause the whole group of them to get blocked, and it only takes 1 report. I know reporting is annoying, but it is literally impossible for us to patrol every map at all frequently. I wish we did have the staff to make the patrolling the regular thing rather than the "when time allows" thing, but that is why reporting feature exists.

I'd like to add its also impractical to patrol every forum rant post about it too and that by submitting a ticket you are assured something will be done because the workflow can be tracked and properly allocated among other things.

#100 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

Seems like most players really don't bother to report them. It should work well at least on Ymir where fields and dungeons is not filled by countless bots, but rather by single ones. I'm always reporting the ones I meet at the place where I'm farming or leveling, and they do disappear after report, which I'm really grateful for. But every new place I go has a freaking bots, so it looks like majority of people not doing anything about them. It's not their job, of course, but since in current situation GM's can't handle all of the bots alone, why is it so difficult for us to take a few minutes to report them whenever we meet some. It'd be far more useful than useless topics on forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users