General Ninja Guide [Updated on July 02th. Kage/Oboro guide soon] - Page 6 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

General Ninja Guide [Updated on July 02th. Kage/Oboro guide soon]

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#126 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

main skill is shadow warrior.. but cross slash is a valuable secondary skill.. a Grimtooth with EA enchants and an ice pick work really well with this build since for some reason the icepick works with cross slash... and its also considered a ranged attack...

#127 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Eh? So Cross Slash is considered as ranged attack? I always thought it was melee. How good is the damage if it only done with 1 people?

Cross Slash and ctrl+click... so weapon swapping is a must?

If Cross Slash is ranged, I plan on using Sucsamad [1] with EA enchant in main hand. I think it is good substitute for Grimtooth, since it slotted and enchantable.

#128 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

weapon swapping isnt essential but its always good to have options... the single player damage is pretty decent around 10-14k or so at max level... its kinda like the bridge between Shadow Slash and KS.... and in fact the 3 skills can be used in combo with each other... ninja aura>mirror image>ninja aura>CSS> Shadow hide> shadow slash> Xslash> KS> Pure Soul....

#129 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

Thank you Okamimaru, now I have some insight about the skill build. The problem is balancing stats. If Shadow Warrior is main skill, high AGI is a must then. 

#130 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

agi, str, vit and dex all to 100... then balance out luck and int with the remaining stat points... that will give great damage and survivability

#131 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Quick question, does increasing dex increases damage from xslash, KS, KE, and SS?

#132 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

Quick question, does increasing dex increases damage from xslash, KS, KE, and SS?

Dex affects minimum damages, but not sure on KS tbh, 

#133 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

hm... another quick question...

the first page mentioned about 4x kingbird mg vs kvm gladius...

how bout 4x kingbird mg vs kingbird ice pick with ea enchant? i'm talking about maxing not just KS damage, but xslash, KE, and SS. and the main hand would be an ea grimtooth.

#134 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

hm... another quick question...

the first page mentioned about 4x kingbird mg vs kvm gladius...

how bout 4x kingbird mg vs kingbird ice pick with ea enchant? i'm talking about maxing not just KS damage, but xslash, KE, and SS. and the main hand would be an ea grimtooth.

I don't think EA effects XSlash, but if you're talking about Pvp, you wouldn't be using KE much. if its pvm however, High ATK matters the most for the main hand, and 2race/2elemental works the best for sub. so highest KE damage output would be +12~14 Grimtooth with 5/5~6/6EA. and appropriate sub weapon depending your target.

#135 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

quick question too
so,what skill u can rely on pvp for kunai build? beside over throw
and still grimtooth ea for the best weapon on pvp?

#136 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:23 AM

For PvP, I think Rapid Throw is still best imo, otherwise, i'd go with KS, KE is unreliable for pvping, which also makes throw kunai useless. I don't think grimtooth is best because of previous reasons.

#137 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

I don't think EA effects XSlash, but if you're talking about Pvp, you wouldn't be using KE much. if its pvm however, High ATK matters the most for the main hand, and 2race/2elemental works the best for sub. so highest KE damage output would be +12~14 Grimtooth with 5/5~6/6EA. and appropriate sub weapon depending your target.

since elemental advantage could be gained via converter (tho it wouldnt be a lot) wont a 4x race or maybe size works better?

and afaik, ice pick procs with xslash... cmiiw, because i thought it is, so im concerned if it would work with KE and SS too

#138 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

since elemental advantage could be gained via converter (tho it wouldnt be a lot) wont a 4x race or maybe size works better?

and afaik, ice pick procs with xslash... cmiiw, because i thought it is, so im concerned if it would work with KE and SS too

They deliberately made big change to KE, which at first, Ice Pick did worked with KE, but later on, they thought it was too op, so they changed it to not work with KE. Shadow Slash however, should work with Ice Pick.

About the Card, its been long since they changed mechanics of how modifier works. either way, unless you're dealing with pvp, 2x2x works the best, part of it is because they applies seperately. You could test it out, if you like to. 

#139 PsycheHiker

PsycheHiker

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPersonal Payon hideout
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

Hi people. I'm new at iRO and Renewal (and the forum too, although a frequent consultant), and I'm having lots of doubts within which kind of Ninja should I use.

I was going to try the Throw Kunai build, but I saw people talking about a nerf/fix on the skill that made it definitely unviable. Other hand, the message at the beginning of the guide says that it's still the more viable build. Should I still follow the guide literally, disregarding the fix? Are the stats (related to the Throw Knife build) suggested on the guide (little or no DEX, lots of STR and VIT) still the best option?

Sorry if I'm asking something dumb, but as a newcomer it's hard to follow which fixes have been made on the server. I tried to figure by reading some threads, but the EDIT made on the beginning of the guide is confusing me as it shows a different perspective than the ones commonly stated on the replies of this and other threads.

#140 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

ninja start with essentially throw or magic builds... but as a kagerou/oboro there are at least 6 or 7 viable builds... 0 dex is a bad idea unless youre rich and go instant cast magic build... only kunai skills and KS dont need dex to hit but kunai explosion benefits from dex to help reduce its cast time... the amount of time youll spend as a ninja compared to the time youll spend as a K/O is very short... if you havent played ninja during the period between renewal balance patch and the post kagerou balance patch you the nerf/fix wont effect you in any way... people got spoiled by a broken mechanic... throw kunai was doing insane amounts of damage and could one shot monsters... now its much more balanced and make take you a few hits but its still fast... and once you start getting Kagerou/oboro skill you most likely wont even use kunai anymore...

#141 PsycheHiker

PsycheHiker

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPersonal Payon hideout
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

Hmm, got it! Thank you very much!
I think I'm Going to do a Throw Ninja then (is it cheaper than the magic one?), and plan what to do after get Oboro ^^

#142 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

throw costs more in consumables but is fairly cheap to gear as a ninja... but good magic gears tend to cost more... remember Oboro are female and Kagerou are male and they have 3 skills that are different so plan accordingly...

#143 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhilippines/Guam
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hi guys, i wanna try to make a ninja(oboro) and i want a pvp/pvm build that is a hybrid one but more focused in pvm, is this good http://irowiki.org/~...4bnrkqNaqdBdBqn ill just use a smokie card to cover the absence of shadow hiding. Thx sensei

#144 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Hi guys, i wanna try to make a ninja(oboro) and i want a pvp/pvm build that is a hybrid one but more focused in pvm, is this good http://irowiki.org/~...4bnrkqNaqdBdBqn ill just use a smokie card to cover the absence of shadow hiding. Thx sensei

not too shabby... other than Rapid throw which is kinda a waste of zeny in PVM... if you cant kill it with KE, SP, or magic spamming youre prolly not going to kill it with rapid throw... you could drop RT drop 2 off of flame petals and get shadow hiding and cross slash...

#145 inujisan

inujisan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

I'm getting confused here. I'm actually new to this, and love the idea of playing as a ninja. First off, is Oboro/Kagerou a 2nd skill class for ninja or just a description on ninja? 

I want to do a hybrid of strength and magic.

Also, are shuriken and kunai only purchasable in Amatsu? Or can they be dropped and crafted with the combination kit?

I'm really hesitant to spend 10,000 zeny just to get to Amatsu from Alberta and find out that I'm short on money. I'm pretty low level so hunting near Amatsu is suicidal for me (level 15 currently).

I'm getting mixed ideas on building stats here. Do I follow the one on the first page of this forum? Or is there a more updated version in some of the other pages? 

Sorry, if this seems redundant.

Also, for dual wielding, can ninjas dual wield 2 different weapons? Or does it have to be a dual-wield weapon?

#146 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Kagerou and oboro are teh 2nd class for ninja.. you cna buy shuriken in prontera as well as amatu but you have to make kunai in amatsu... just save in amatsu and use a butterfly wing to get back as needed... much cheaper... there are no guides for building hybrids as most go pure builds.... dual wielding allows you to use 2 different dagger...

#147 inujisan

inujisan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

thanks for the help, Facekiller. Though I'm not sure which npc I'm supposed to find who sells shuriken. Do you mean to say that merchant players sell them?

#148 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

there is a NPC behind the Prontera Weapon shop called Amatsu Trader... he sells shuriken, spell stones, and kagerou items...

#149 inujisan

inujisan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for that tip, I'll be sure to check it the next time I go there (in Payon now). By the way, is there any way to increase my movement speed other than food or scrolls? Any armor, accessories, items that will help? In fact, I recall somewhere in the IRO wiki that there's an item called the Shinobi Sash that helps with AGI? I'm not sure if it's attack speed or movement.

Edited by inujisan, 30 August 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#150 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for that tip, I'll be sure to check it the next time I go there (in Payon now). By the way, is there any way to increase my movement speed other than food or scrolls? Any armor, accessories, items that will help? In fact, I recall somewhere in the IRO wiki that there's an item called the Shinobi Sash that helps with AGI? I'm not sure if it's attack speed or movement.

AGI does not affect movement speed. These gears might help with movement speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users