General Ninja Guide [Updated on July 02th. Kage/Oboro guide soon] - Page 5 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

General Ninja Guide [Updated on July 02th. Kage/Oboro guide soon]

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#101 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

if youre counting novice as a class then yes K/O is 3rd class but then a sura would be like 4th class.... if you dont count novices then kagerou/oboro is ninja 2nd class...

#102 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

I have a question, hope it's okay to ask here...

I was thinking of making a Ninja/Oboro character. Is the Ninja "easy" to level overall? Looking at this guide, I probably will go for the Kunai Build if it brings me to 99/50 fast, although I do like the idea of a Magic Build. But I have my Mage-Sage and my main, a Wiz, for that I guess.

I always seem to have trouble making money in RO, even if I focus on keeping things like Stems, Maneater Blossoms, etc, to sell to players later on. I have a Merc that basically is a Vend/Money Slave, but even she doesn't have all that much money. I'm mostly a Solo player, too, and I do not do WoE, just PvM. so I will mostly Solo unless I go into the TIs.
Unless a good Ninja is so good that a party isn't required for the TI...

C-A

#103 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Blazing shield and Exploding Dragon makes Magic ninja good AoE for the Turn in. and ninja is something you can invest small amount of money, and do a lot of stuff for fun. even tho throwing kunai got nerfed, skill that costing 15 sp(with ninja suit+shinobi combo) is really powerful to level with. magic ninja early on isnt really great, but once you get to oboro, its totally another story. i've seen people doing 30k from blazing shield, and 30~40k on exploding dragon. they're really powerfull end game character. as magic ninja early on, get blazing shield, and exploding dragon. they'll help the party a lot. 

#104 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Ah... technically I could do a Kunai Build for Ninja and then, when I switch to Oboro, I could use a Neutralizer/Reset to switch to a Magic Build, right? Like I said, I'm mostly a Solo player, so until I reach Level 70ish, I'm not going to get into a party or anything.

C-A

#105 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Ah... technically I could do a Kunai Build for Ninja and then, when I switch to Oboro, I could use a Neutralizer/Reset to switch to a Magic Build, right? Like I said, I'm mostly a Solo player, so until I reach Level 70ish, I'm not going to get into a party or anything.

C-A

You could do that, but you also talked about you're budget in game. so i auto disgarded option to spend zeny to reset the character. But yes. If your zeny allows, you can reset stat/skill after hitting 85 comfortably. then you can start to lay down skills and stat for magic oboro. 

#106 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

I could be wrong, but can't I get a Neutralizer and such through Eden Merit Badges? I know that my Wiz has about 9 now.

C-A

#107 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

I believe only Reset Stone is avaliable for grab with EMB. Neutralizer is Kafra Store item, which u have to spend 400kp. 

#108 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

theres also the hybrid route you could always take as well... it generally starts with throwing and adds magic in later... its good for soloing and can handle almost any monster you encounter (including new world, bio, and MVPs)... its much trickier to build properly but def fun and rewarding in the end... good for pvm not so good for pvp

#109 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

I don't like the Hybrid very much, because I'm never too sure where to focus my points.

By the way, this may sound really weird but... how do I equip Kunai?

I have Throwing Kunai at Level 1 right now and I read that I equip the Kunai just like Arrows.
But when I try to, it says "You can't put this item on"

C-A

#110 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

I don't like the Hybrid very much, because I'm never too sure where to focus my points.

By the way, this may sound really weird but... how do I equip Kunai?

I have Throwing Kunai at Level 1 right now and I read that I equip the Kunai just like Arrows.
But when I try to, it says "You can't put this item on"

C-A

try to drag kunai into you're equip window. 

#111 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

I did. It says "You can't put this item on"
I put it onto a Hotkey, hit the Hotkey to equip it and it says the same thing.

I don't think it makes any difference, but I am using Explosive Kunai, cause they were the cheapest.

It's really annoying because of this new Newbie Academy thing, I felt lost and job changed at about 5/10 and have been trying to get to Level 12 with Spores.

C-A

Edited by CatMuto, 24 September 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#112 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Ohhhhhhh thats why. You have to use different kind of Kunai. You can't use explosive kunai to use Throw Kunai. 

Check this, http://irowiki.org/wiki/Kunai

#113 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

puppy! I hate manufacturing stuff... That means I have to waste another 10.000 to get to stupid Amatsu and buy that stuff. I'm already low on cash.
Goddammit, let me use my Merc to buy that stupid things, she has more cash AND can use it. She's most likely only a Vend slave, anyway.

C-A

#114 astrogildoboy

astrogildoboy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

Cat, what's your ingame char name?

I recall having a few kunais on storage and since I don't use them anymore I'm willing to give them to you so you can start playing :)

#115 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Quick Question: I dont have a ninja but theres a novice in Einbroch looking for the "seal"for ninja jobchange.

Wiki guide says it's on the red tree, so I took him there. But he said he couldnt find the seal. I have no clue how to find it coz the tree says something different to him("I remember this as first step I took": or something like that)

Will he get the "seal" in his inventory? Coz I told him to keep clicking but he says theres still no seal. 

#116 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Cat, what's your ingame char name?

I recall having a few kunais on storage and since I don't use them anymore I'm willing to give them to you so you can start playing :)

I got to Amatsu and basically spend 90% of the 30k I had left on making Kunai... I have 50 Earth, 200 Ice and I think 100 or 200 Fire ones right now. (Also started the Amatsu quest for the Freudal Permit, but the stupid Kapha got me when I was about to reach the Kitsune Mask) I think my ninja is in Prontera right now, but I'm going back to Payon to get that last level so I can do the eden quest.
Her name is Gong Zhu.

Will he get the "seal" in his inventory? Coz I told him to keep clicking but he says theres still no seal.

The seal can only be grabbed by someone who is doing the Ninja Jobchange quest as only someone doing that can "see" the seal.

C-A

#117 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

^

Maybe he didn't notice any dialogue saying he got the seal already.

Anyway, I didn't think it would take a lot of clicks to get the seal, so I just told him to go back to the NPC in Einbroch and see what's up.

It turned out he already got the seal, so I just gave him the ores/phracon, and I believe he is now a Ninja. Yay!

#118 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

By the way, which way should I up the Skills with the Kunai build? Up to now, I Dagger Throwing Practice 2, Throw Shuriken 5, Throw Kunai 5 and Flip Tatami 1. Should I focus on getting DTP to 7 or get Cicada Skin Shed first? Or even Ninja Mastery?

C-A

#119 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

ninja mastery to 5 will help alot right out of the gate with sp consumption.... css can be pushed back til dealing with more agro monsters... getting dagger throwing to 7 i take it youre planning on getting KS? or just setting it up to get DTP10 for kunai explosion later? dagger throwing on its own only increases damage from shuriken (tho i think it should be changed now to include kunai as well)

#120 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

I dunno. Majority of my Parameter points are going into STR with VIT on the side. I guess I'll focus on Ninja Mastery now.

And to anyone new Ninjas like me... there is an Undead Pirate close to the wolf for the first Eden Equipment Quest... have fun getting there and getting killed before you can talk to the damn wolf.

C-A

#121 astrogildoboy

astrogildoboy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

I agree with Facekiller on getting Ninja Mastery to 5. You'll find yourself without sp pretty often at lower levels, at least I did back on the day.

Imo you should leave DTP at 5 and get all the other skills before leaving it at 10 (CSS, then work on Huuma/Throw Coins [I think you don't want that due to not being really rich or anything] or Blaze Shield depending on what you want to do)

I'mt not sure you're familiar with this skill tree planning, but here is the link: http://irowiki.org/~...skill4/obr.html

Edit: Got rid of the three undead pirates at Morroc, should be safe now :)

Edited by astrogildoboy, 24 September 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#122 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Edit: Got rid of the three undead pirates at Morroc, should be safe now :)

Thanks. Must be a quest there, because I saw another one floating around - got away, though.

C-A

#123 astrogildoboy

astrogildoboy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

It's the Pirate event that's going on since last maintenance. Someone must be either getting to the point where those Pirates spawn and getting either killed or just trolling around and leaving them there to kill the weaker players. 

#124 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Blue Lotus Clan in now recruiting new ninja... http://forums.warppo...lue-lotus-clan/

#125 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

@Facekiller

I'm bit curious with melee Kagerou you mention on other thread. What is main skill for it? It is Cross Slash or Shadow Warrior?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users