Classic: New Patch Notes thread for a New Year - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: New Patch Notes thread for a New Year

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2607 replies to this topic

#76 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

N>Kiel dungeon, thanatos tower, and lighthalzen!

Also - Abyss lake sucks without spawn increases, only makes sense to increase spawns so it's on par with the current maps with increased spawns.

Edited by Aaronnn, 03 January 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#77 Tripped

Tripped

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Update OCA's if you're implementing new areas.

#78 Moonshades

Moonshades

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Also - Abyss lake sucks without spawn increases, only makes sense to increase spawns so it's on par with the current maps with increased spawns.

Unless they messed up during maintaince and Hydro mob will continue to give exp. Then increases spawn rate isn't needed =D

#79 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

The following items drop in tradable form (essentially like a box), but when you double click to equip it, become account bound.

Fricco Shoes
Morpheus's Ring
Morpheus's Armlet
Magni Cap
Fricca Circlet
Morpheus's Hood
Morrigane's Helm

But... why? What is the point of making these items untradeable? I simply don't understand the logic behind a decision like this. All you are accomplishing is making these items less desirable to own, and making it harder to gear alts and new players. Particularly the magni's cap, which is really the only useful item out of that list, is only a useful item when you can make or buy a highly upgraded one, and then use the set bonus across various characters. Making the item account bound makes it lose most of it's value, as well as making it impossible to sell or trade after upgrading.

I think making random items account bound is a really terrible idea, it isn't fun for players who play in groups, and making group play more annoying seems like the opposite of what design goals should be for an MMO. I really don't see what the problem with these items being normal and not customized is.

#80 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

The following items drop in tradable form (essentially like a box), but when you double click to equip it, become account bound.

Fricco Shoes
Morpheus's Ring
Morpheus's Armlet
Magni Cap
Fricca Circlet
Morpheus's Hood
Morrigane's Helm

What is the reason for this change?

#81 iDanii

iDanii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Valkyrie ~ Classic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

• Double drops and exp remove

That means im gone, bye. BTW, i hate you :)

#82 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Yay to Green Ferus Card!!

#83 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Ruin the game some more with this account bound bull-_-.

#84 iDanii

iDanii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'll give you a dollar to keep double EXP in. :(

Or just double the effectiveness of manuals. Cashmoneyyy.

Double exp!
RO original exp is a joke. Most of us can't spend that much time lvling anymore.

#85 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

January 3 1pm PST maintenance

• Expanded class job level limit raised to normal
  • Fixed description for Evolved Drooping Bunny Headgear
  • Double drops and exp remove
  • Juperos map type fixed
  • Abyss lake being added, must walk from Hugel.

Fricco Shoes
Morpheus's Ring
Morpheus's Armlet
Magni Cap
Fricca Circlet
Morpheus's Hood
Morrigane's Helm

+10 foods will be leaving the store next week
Classic Boxter arrives next week

Why do you hate upgraders? They pay more in KP than most people for enriched. I'd rather be able to break this crapola when my storage inevitably gets full of it and stand a chance of getting rid of it, than just npcing it. Ingame economy is a really good thing and part of whaty makes RO, RO.

Also, this isn't exactly high end gear. Aside the Fricca circlet /magni cap most people keep that crap at +4 for a reason. Instead of putzing around changing RO into a new game (the clue is in the fact that people came back to CLASSIC RO) - why not go fix some real issues or handle some cheaters?

Edited by Xellie, 03 January 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#86 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Yea, I dont see the point. It's not like you can card them like the valk sets.

Edit: They must be planning on slotting these things. :p_idea:

Edited by krossfire, 03 January 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#87 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Short term memory strikes again, it's like noone remembers what was said on the forums before the classic server went online:

Highest Tiered Gear will drop from monsters in Tradable Boxes. Once the box is opened the gear will be account bound. This is to keep those high tiered items limited to those high Tiered characters capable of acquiring them rather than being taken/shared among many. This also will keep them valuable in the economy for a much longer period of time. This feature will not be noticed for a very long time as those monsters that have the items will not be available at the start.

#88 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

So why is the Chaos server down if all of these fixes are for Classic? Are there going to be things done to Chaos as well during this time?

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/101817-13-jrr-tolkiens-birthday-new-years-maintenance/
Renewal has a different section for patch notes. :)

#89 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

account bound items makes no sense in a game like ro.
you should be going the other way around and making the contents of the september boxes tradable, not introducing new gears into this retarded box form. and those arent even high end gears.

seriously, whoever makes those decisions not only know nothing about the game/its economy, also know nothing about pleasing your customer base.
good job pissing off even more people.

#90 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Short term memory strikes again, it's like noone remembers what was said on the forums before the classic server went online:

Was against it then. Still against it.

This is high tier gear? el oh el.

Anyway, if I wanted to play international Ragnarok-pretending-to-be-world-of-warcraft Online, I think I'd be playing RO2.

edit: also yes, unbind the stupid pencil, pirate dagger. rideword hat etc. I'm tired of explaining to newly returned veterans why they have to be subpar to other players until the next p2w event.

Edited by Xellie, 03 January 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#91 sighhro

sighhro

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Care to point out which item on that list is "Highest Tier Gear"?

Hint, if you think any of them are, you are bad.

#92 iDanii

iDanii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

The best part is staff don't care and won't read our posts

#93 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

milking players with more than 1 VIP account

#94 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

I like and dislike account bound items. It makes it so that you are encourage to play one account. But also you cannot sell them to other players :(

#95 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Morph set is highest tiered gear? News to me.

Edited by Hrishi, 03 January 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#96 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

You forgot Morrigane's Helm

#97 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Morph set is highest tiered gear? News to me.

IT MAKES YOUR CAST UNINTERRUPTABLE. THIS IS MOST DANGEROUS CHAMP GEAR.

Seriously. Shooting yourselves in the foot and screwing over lucky and unlucky players. What of all the people that buy guy to overup them with Enriched Ores? (People not like me) Or the people who trade Kafra Crap to buy overupped gears because their luck sucks? (Like me!)

You've essentially doomed people to have bad gear. The solution to the saturation of high tier equipment is to not give people 9x drop rates versus MvPs, not screw them out of gear. Now I have to cope with my horrible luck versus the Stat Enchanter? Balls.

#98 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

You've essentially doomed people to have bad gear. The solution to the saturation of high tier equipment is to not give people 9x drop rates versus MvPs, not screw them out of gear. Now I have to cope with my horrible luck versus the Stat Enchanter? Balls.

This pretty much. Some people like upgrading their own gear and some do not. Why are you taking away the choice of getting someone else to upgrade the gear for you and paying a higher price? I don't understand why you seem to like shooting yourself in the foot.

People want classic RO, we don't want world of ragnacraft or whatever customized game you are trying to make. Stop trying to improve on a game that we already like. We liked the game back then, we want to play the game as it was. We don't want these changes. I don't understand why you are so stubborn.

#99 Elitesttttt

Elitesttttt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

This pretty much. Some people like upgrading their own gear and some do not. Why are you taking away the choice of getting someone else to upgrade the gear for you and paying a higher price? I don't understand why you seem to like shooting yourself in the foot.

People want classic RO, we don't want world of ragnacraft or whatever customized game you are trying to make. Stop trying to improve on a game that we already like. We liked the game back then, we want to play the game as it was. We don't want these changes. I don't understand why you are so stubborn.

QFT and we want Boxter

#100 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

January 3 1pm PST maintenance

Fricco Shoes
Morpheus's Ring
Morpheus's Armlet
Magni Cap
Fricca Circlet
Morpheus's Hood
Morrigane's Helm

WHY, BUT WHY? THESE ITEMS ARE NOT EVEN PWRFUL, I CAN UNDERSTAND SOMETHING LIKE VALK ARMOR AND SM GEAR IN BOXES, BUT THIS IS NOT EVEN GOOD STUFF????

YOU MAKE ME SO M@@@@@@@@@@@D, WHY SO INCOMPETENT GM'S, WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Edited by Aaronnn, 03 January 2013 - 01:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users