Classic: New Patch Notes thread for a New Year - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: New Patch Notes thread for a New Year

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2607 replies to this topic

#101 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

QFT and we want Boxter

I guess you can't read f5 the patch notes.

#102 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

The following items drop in tradable form (essentially like a box), but when you double click to equip it, become account bound.

Fricco Shoes
Morpheus's Ring
Morpheus's Armlet
Magni Cap
Fricca Circlet
Morpheus's Hood
Morrigane's Helm

..... The beginning of the end of classic server this makes no sense account bound gear is useless

#103 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

reminds me of that family guy episode where peter destroys a theater play just because he wants to be ~creative~

since gms dont get anything we say: You are Peter and the play is Ragnarok Online

#104 Iboo

Iboo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

So this will also be the case for ValkMant,ValkArmor, Etc? Way to go on ruining sellable stat enchanted gear (when it is introduced to classic) in the future and upgraded gear you were fortunate not to have broken when prepared to upgrade. No payoffs :thumb2:

#105 Elitesttttt

Elitesttttt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

I guess you can't read f5 the patch notes.

I'm sorry, I was busy listening to beat it

#106 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

The currency of zeny only exists to buy warpportal energy.

you guys didn't know?

#107 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Twin pom santa still can't be carded

#108 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

I think we need to invade the renewal patch notes in order to get a reply =p.

The account bound gear is a superdumb idea. Even as a bussiness POV, you want to have people who buy your kafrapoints to have things to upgrade and sell.

If you think that account binding gear more people will buy enriched because they would have to upgrade more, then lol.

I hope that your renewal server lasts alive long time. Given the attention and new 'ideas' like lots of account bound gear classic gets, If I understand correctly, you don't need your classic players...

#109 B0mb3rMan

B0mb3rMan

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Honestly,
Account bound gear is just ridiculous -

I just don't even understand why this change is taking place.

Gm's really need to listen to what players are saying.

God damn.

#110 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

i dont think its a very good idea neither,

BUT...

its reversible anyways, and the only way to try it without hurting anybody is doing it out from the beggining.
i can live givin it a shot

#111 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

The boxes are tradable. Not a big issue that is worth much attention.

#112 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Selling upgrades is a HUGE part of the market that is going to be hurt by this move.

#113 oanoan

oanoan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

oh no,doble exp remove..
:p_sick: :p_sick: :p_sick:

#114 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Selling upgrades of those gears is ruined.
Sharing gear with guildies or making gears to share between alts is ruined.

While in the other hand, ??? is gained. I'm eager to know what is that ??? gained :p_swt:

#115 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I don't get the point at that account bound gear story at all.
I am not able to use my Orc Archers Bow (which is way more then 50m) on all my accounts, but i can freely trade my pikes (not even 20m ea) between my knights and level each one equally good with endgame pikes.

There is like no point in that at all when its not equally done. And tbh, you can't "punish" every class equally. What's next? Pike [4] being account bound when +10? So i have like the same problem i have with my hunter for my knights?

#116 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Selling upgrades is a HUGE part of the market that is going to be hurt by this move.

These gears are mainly important for their effect, the upgrade is a minor issue beside there are already better gears ingame for most of them.
A set could be worth something and in general there will be more demand for it because they can't swap them.

#117 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:The Titanic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I thought you said HIGH TIER GEAR. These AREN'T high tier gear...
Posted Image

#118 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

These gears are mainly important for their effect, the upgrade is a minor issue beside there are already better gears ingame for most of them.
A set could be worth something and in general there will be more demand for it because they can't swap them.

pretty sure full set useage was kinda rare in the general scheme of things.

In the case of Magni's... upgrading is a HUGE issue. People only use that FOR defence.

#119 RavenCyde

RavenCyde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCT, USA
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

http://forums.warppo...rs-maintenance/
Renewal has a different section for patch notes. :)

Thanks, didn't see the Renewal one ^^

#120 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

damn i wanted to get a few +9 magni's cap :(

#121 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

TKM would be cool too m8, there alrdy 99 h class players
so its time to get him in too.

Heim hates leveling, so we won't see these until at least 50% of the population is already level 99 trans, and they'll probably be without the heat skills too. :3

I thought you said HIGH TIER GEAR. These AREN'T high tier gear...

Honestly, I don't know what you were expecting, but most the people I know figured this would happen. I mean, OAB will be is account binded, after all. If you expected anything half-way intelligent to come from this idea of boxing "high end" gears, all you have to do is remember we're talking about people who don't even play their own game, and so are COMPLETELY out of touch with their playerbase, and what "high end" actually means to the vast majority of us.

On that note when is the freaking OAB being put back in?!?!?!?

I don't get the point at that account bound gear story at all.
I am not able to use my Orc Archers Bow (which is way more then 50m) on all my accounts, but i can freely trade my pikes (not even 20m ea) between my knights and level each one equally good with endgame pikes.

There is like no point in that at all when its not equally done. And tbh, you can't "punish" every class equally. What's next? Pike [4] being account bound when +10? So i have like the same problem i have with my hunter for my knights?

That's an awesome idea! They'll probably account bind anything that is +9 or +10 next. I mean, superior shoes are very obviously end-game gears right?! So that makes perfect sense! +9 and 10 violins and jurs, pikes, etc are all far better than most of this armor they just account binded, so it all needs to be bound so it can never be passed on to a new player or used to level alts, obviously!

Edited by Kuropi, 03 January 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#122 DorianGray01

DorianGray01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

And I am back again to post in this most glorious thread!

Oda is always bringing me back to post on this very distinguished forum, but please this time you went a little too far, boxing those items that you posted... seriously? ONLY THOSE ITEMS SHOULD BE BOXED? Please Oda HEAR MY PLEAD, please box all cards on this server that would really raise the level of competition to an all time high! I think it is so unfair that other players are allowed to buy cards from other players, why are they not yet account bound, can't you see how lazy everyone gets when they do not have to work for their own cards??? You should also and most definetly box godlike items, because guildleaders put so much effort into all the organization of a guild that only they should deserve the right to use those godlike items, it would make the game so incredibly interesting... oh but if you think what i am thinking right now oda... we should make a huge PRE-QUEST to enable all the seal quest... one Pre-quest for EACH single seal that takes at least 3 weeks, that would be such an original idea!

I think Gravity is doing such a great job currently, the extreme success that the launch of Ragnarok Online 2 faced so far is really and literally representing upon every single action you guys have done for us on iRO classic so far.

If you keep up like this the only thing left for us to do is to find a giant box where we can deliberatly gather the huge amount of happiness all of your decisions granted us and send it back to iRO Gravity headquarters.

P.S.: Comments: Reading all those insanely accurate posts always fills my heart with utter delight! So since we can all agree on the fact that Not Even Trying has been always been "best" guild at leveling and mvping (without competition and always in totally legit ways), they have not yet faced an enemy that is able to take them on in any sort of "race"! Oh glorious N.E.T.! Praised be the days that we will fight vs. pure AI-guilds (well or we might just play single player games any way).

#123 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'm so relieved those equips are account bound no one will ever steal my Morrigane's Helm.

#124 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Serious question to whoever was the driving force behind account binding "higher tier" gear: Are you retarded? How you manage to trashcan your enriched elu/ori sales and simultaneously piss off your entire consumer base (the people who pay you money) whilst continually making below average IQ decisions for the server and managing to stay employed at the same time is a truly impressive feat. Seriously, my hat is off to you.

#125 killthebeast

killthebeast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

The following items drop in tradable form (essentially like a box), but when you double click to equip it, become account bound.

Fricco Shoes
Morpheus's Ring
Morpheus's Armlet
Magni Cap
Fricca Circlet
Morpheus's Hood
Morrigane's Helm

one of the dumbest things implemented on classic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users