A Guide to Full-Support Archbishops - Page 2 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

A Guide to Full-Support Archbishops

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#26 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

does diabolus ring really give 15% more tolerance to freezing? 0:

#27 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

does diabolus ring really give 15% more tolerance to freezing? 0:

From iRO Wiki:

- Increases physical damage against Satan Morrocc and Wounded Morocc by 10%.
- Increases resistance to [Frozen] status by 15%.
- Increases the recovery power of the user's healing skills by 5%.
- Set bonus with Diabolus Robe [1] or Diabolus Armor [1]:
- Increases physical and magic damage by 3%.

Def 0
MDef 0
Max HP +100
Max SP +100

If the Wiki is accurate, then yes, it gives 15% resistance to the Frozen status effect. Useful, isn't it? =D

#28 tedba

tedba

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

ummm. for status immunity. base stats is required.

does that mean your gear bonuses and job bonuses are not included for immunity?

#29 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Not quite sure how to explain this, but my understanding is the stats and the gear bonuses stack multiplicatively and not additively, Or if you have 100% on either the stats or the gears, then you will be immune.

#30 ParkWonJae

ParkWonJae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Skills
[ . . . ]
- Increase SP Recovery 4
[ . . . ]

Why Lv. 4? >.< Meditation require Lv. 5 SP Recov

Chibi Pope + Blush or Dress Hat or Ygg Crown? >.<

#31 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

Why Lv. 4? >.< Meditation require Lv. 5 SP Recov

Chibi Pope + Blush or Dress Hat or Ygg Crown? >.<

The skill build I posted does not have Meditatio. Assuming that you know how to manage your SP efficiently, it's not really much of a loss; for people who like a little insurance, they can leave off mastering out some of the less important buffs (Suffragium, Imposito Manus) in order to get SP Recovery 5 and as much Meditatio as they have the spare points for. I just prefer to have as many buffs at my disposal as possible, because you never know what situations you'll end up in in the future and it's good to be prepared. The build I posted is just a suggestion, if you want to change your point expenditures around you can. :3

Chibi Pope [1] + Blush/Blush [1] is pretty much the best headgear combo for healing, with the +7 Benevolent Guardian + high upgrade Holy Stick [1] combo being second best. A +7 Dress Hat or a Yggdrasil Crown would be a good choice for ABs of limited means; which one of those would be better depends entirely upon how high the upgrade level is on the Yggdrasil Crown and what card you put in the +7 Dress Hat. A +7 or higher Yggdrasil Crown would outperform the +7 Dress Hat [1] under normal circumstances, but if you get a Rhyncho card a +7 Dress Hat [1] wouldn't be a bad substitute. Both the +7 Dress Hat and the +7 Yggdrasil leave the middle slots open, meaning you can get a slotted middle headgear (Black Frame Glasses [1] would be nice) to put in a Archangeling card or something.

#32 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

what, you don't get meditatio on a FS build? that's one of the best passive skills ingame. 10% more SP, 30% SP recovery and most important 20% more heal. instead you get things like slow poison? that's (no exaggeration) the worst skill in the whole game. should you ever end up in situations where you should need to cure people of poison after all (which is extremely rare) you just wear a poporing accessory, or alternatively tell people to bring green pots.
sanctuary is also pretty bad now because it scales horribly and heals way too few HP for third classes to actually have any proper use other than keeping undeads out of a certain area, but for that purpose sancturary lvl 3 is more than enough.

Edited by Agahim, 25 February 2013 - 03:54 AM.

#33 highspeed00

highspeed00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

I dont know for what kind of eq i should buy.
I think im going with +9ygg crown and Glorious Cure Wand.
Maybe Dia Robe and Dia rings i think thats the best?
But what Manteau and Boots are an good choice Nid garb+ Dia boots?

#34 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Nid is pretty nice, yeah. I usually prefer valk manteau for the p.dodge. Some people like using heal enchanted arc angel wings.

Any hp / sp boosting footgear is ok. I find it hard to recommend anything other than variants though as both the hp and sp is very helpful for an AB.

#35 Zauly

Zauly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hey, figured I'd pop in here with a few questions from an old-time player that returned to RO about 2 months ago and is just about to 150 his AB. :p_love:

I'll try to sort it as best I can. :)

1) That high Agi? Luk higher than 77? The Agi, from what I've read anyway, only helps you save on cure frees. Is there anything I'm missing and why would you use so many stats just to replace the use of some potions? :(

2) Skills: Suffragium? Slow Poison? Isn't Suff redundant once you have sacra? I figure something like this would be pretty decent for a pure-PvM/MVP AB, wouldnt it? http://irowiki.org/~...skill4/acb.html Please try to explain with as much detail as you can if I'm missing something, I used to play a damn lot back in 2004 but quit shortly after they nerfed my beloved LoD so it's been a while and I hardly know about any MVPs besides the real oldschool ones anymore. :)

3) Is Chibi really any better than Ygg? Putting aside the sheer disgusting looks of Blush, I've been under the impression that MATK does very little for Heals and Ygg seems to offer more healing%, at least if you take the irowiki database at face value:

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18580/ - 1. (upgrade+1)% 2. refine above +7 x2, so at +12 that'd be 28% + an additional 13% on self as opposed to
http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18673/ - 1. upgrade >6 +1% 2. 10% from blush, so at +12 that'd be 16% + 12% MATK

Yea, you get to use 2 cards so if you have access to White Lady I can easily see where Chibi would be better, but unless most of us win the lottery that's just not going to happen and we'll mostly be sticking an Ungoliant Card in there. Which leads me back to why sacrifice anything just to save on some cure frees? :D

I'll certainly have more questions as time goes on anyway, but for now it would be great and very much appreciated if someone could help me with these questions. :p_love:

#36 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

You don't need really high AGI if you have an ungoliant card. AGI has some WoE purposes for status / other skill resists, and reduces skill animation delay (you will be able to use skills slightly faster, especially under strings).

I personally don't ever really recommend LUK over 77 unless you have a lot of spare points to use. Really you don't tank MVPs often for your party so Coma isn't a huge concern for you.

Suffragium works on variable cast so it's different from Sacrament and they stack as a result. However, it only works on the one next skill so it does have quite limited uses. Most ABs don't get this skill. Slow poison I don't really recommend getting either.

You'll have to use the "URL" link from the top of the skill simulator page to show us your skills. Currently by linking to that address it will just bring up the default Arch Bishop page.

Using the Chibi set allows you to use Parus Card (not implemented yet, but is coming soon) or Rhyncho Card. Also you can use Arc Angeling card, Ungoliant Card, Nightmare Card or other useful cards that you may want to use two of. The other option is probably to use Holy Marching Hat along with any mid headgear, but it won't heal as well as Chibi set. Once Parus card is implemented Chibi Pope + Blush should beat Ygg Crown by quite a bit.

#37 Zauly

Zauly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

Ah, I'm sorry about the skillsim-thingy. Here's the real deal: http://irowiki.org/~...abkfdsrChfqnIn1

Thanks for the reply! :)

I'm talking Agi without the use of Ungoliant card though. I just don't see why you couldn't just bring cure frees? Or are there any MVPs that spam it like once per second if you don't resist it? Since once every 30ish seconds or something hardly even matters as it's so easy to cure. :o

Luk vs. Coma huh? Are there potions that cure it? Or are you not able to use any potions anyway so all you can possibly do is have Luk?

This is what I found for Parus card, from a private server though so I'm not sure on the accuracy:
  • Heal effectiveness + 3%.
  • If used by acolyte types, each 2 refine adds 1% heal effectiveness.
  • Compound on: Headgear
So at +12 that'd be +9% heal, which still leaves the Chibi 3% behind the Ygg (not counting the selfheal% but not counting the +12% matk either).
I never knew you could stack AA ... hmm, that'd certainly be interesting. I can surely see where not having to bring a single SP item would be better than +12% healing. :)

Thanks again for replying, it's so hard to find information on anything tbh with so few people still playing. :(

#38 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

the cure for coma are yggdrasil leaves. meaning coma is an instead kill.

#39 Zauly

Zauly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

Oh what, hah, can't say I saw that one coming. :D

Figured Coma was like Sleep just that it'd persist when taking damage ... so basically just a different version of stun. It being an instant kill sure doesn't sound like a coma at all. :)
And that's only done to the tanks, yes? And on which MVPs, if I may ask? :3

#40 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

it actually "only" reduces your HP to 1HP instead of killing you completely. dark lord has it for example.

#41 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

If the tank ever drops, it usually falls to the AB to grab aggro long enough to raise the tank so that you don't end up with a TPK. That's why coma is a concern for ABs; if something uses coma on the tank, there's nothing keeping it from using the same status effect on you.

#42 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Solution to coma is quite simple... make sure you AOE kill everything in sight so that only the MVP is left alone. When the MVP puts coma onto the tank, there is a cooldown before the MVP will attack it. Just quickly pot up to a reasonable amount of HP to survive. Normally Coma is only an instant kill because of the MVP's mobs or other monsters in the area that attack the tank while it's at 1 HP.

I know Dark Lord and Pharaoh have it out of the ET MVPs. There might be a few more non-ET MVPs that have it but I don't remember offhand.

Also, how are you getting 28% from +12 YGG crown? Something doesn't seem to add up right there.

Cure Frees do work but they are quite expensive (65k avg right now). Certain PVM situations and ET situations will make it so that you are almost bleeding 24/7. Only ungoliant or AGI will really help you there as you will probably bleed again before your SP regen even ticks.

#43 Zauly

Zauly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well I see the point about Coma, I'll check it out on Irowiki I guess, thank you. :)

I've outlined the math behind the 28% up there mate, but as I said it's just taking the irowiki-db values at face value, I'm not sure if they stack the way it's worded there. :)

Cure Frees are only 65k due to ragial. They're 10-15k usually, but they haven't been in shops lately so ragial takes the only value it has received in the last 7 days as the average, which was one very crazy dude listing them at 65k. :) At 10k each, it'd take 10.000 Cure Frees just to equal the cost of 1 Ungoliant Card. :D

#44 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

I'm only calculating 18% or 23% from +12 ygg
  • Increases the recovery power of the user's healing skills by (12 + 1)%. == 13%
  • Each refine above +7 increases healing and recovery bonuses by 2% per upgrade. == an extra 5%? or 10%? Somewhat ambiguous
Okay yeah, I didn't look at the ragial prices, just glanced at the average price. You could use cure frees but you'd probably be spamming your cure free hotkey at certain turn ins or at ET. Of course they are your best bet though if you don't have ungoliant and the party doesn't have a sorc. I personally share the ungoliant card with my other characters, like my genetic which I'd be crazy to get 100 agi for, so it's still a nice investment.

FS ABs really do get a ton of stat points though, and AGI is one of the nicer "leftover" stats to spend the points on. 120 INT isn't really worth it for the crazy number of points required, any VIT over 105 or 110 is wasteful really, and extra DEX doesn't boost your cast time by a whole lot. Most of the important skills like lex and pneuma are insta cast too by nature. As mentioned in the guide you can consider STR for woe purposes. But yeah you still have a lot of points leftover.

#45 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Unless you have the means to produce your own Cure Free, you'd be better off either saving up for an Ungoliant card or just putting points into AGI. It's easy to go through restoratives really quickly at the higher levels, and it's better to not have to experience a status effect at all anyway.

Of course, if you have a Geneticist that can reliably create Cure Free, then it's probably not that big a deal to you.

#46 Zauly

Zauly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

Yea actually, I'm sorry about that, it should be 23% I guess. :) So that's +2% for Chibi with that Parus Card, provided the stats I found are accurate. 2% is not enough to convince me personally to wear a hideous pair of headgears compared to an Ygg Crown + BFGs, but to each his own and 2% is small enough for me to pretty much be nonexistant. :)

Zeny is not really an issue for me right now. I can't afford a White Lady Card or something of the sort just yet, but some zeny for consumables really doesn't hurt me all that much. The gf is making her own Gen right now (only 114) and will soon enough brew all the cure frees we need I guess. I suppose we can skip the agi then? As of right now I have 100 Vit, 120 Int, 70 Dex and 77 Luk with some leftover points, I could throw those into Agi though to resist it at least a little bit? :)

What about the skillbuild I provided though? It has HH 5, Sacra 5 and Silentium 5 and I don't know if I'm missing anything of importance? Both Laudas and Clearance at 2, is more than that in either one of them really necessary?

Another question though: I have a +3 Vit Diab Robe sitting in storage and would like to make it as good of an alround-armor as possible (for PVM/MVP only). GR or Angeling? From what I've been told, GR doesn't really do much in PVM anymore these days, but I'm unsure. :(

Thank you all for the advice you've given so far, greatly appreciated. <3

#47 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

I just realized I did TI with you earlier on my gene. @__@

You would have enough points for 26 AGI, I don't know if that really is enough for you to notice at all for resisting, but you could put it in if you want to. Assuming you are doing a pure PVM / MVP build, STR probably is a waste too, especially if you have heavy lifter box.

The build is fine I think, and is a pretty standard build. Most PVM / MVP ABs I know rarely use Silentium though. One thing you can consider is maxing Epiclesis for more HP boost to buff DB RKs (the SP you get back with max Epiclesis is really nice too!). This depends how much you play with DB RKs, although DB RKs are kind of a must for clearing ET.

More points in Lauda would just be a small boost for buffing potters / brewers (they use dex / luk / int). Probably isn't worth it. Clearance 2 is okay too I think.

Both GR and Angeling are not terribly useful in PVM / MVP. GR doesn't reduce regular monster melee attacks but should reduce their neutral element skills like sonic blow, and reduces Earthquake. Angeling for an AB I'd say is not terribly useful, especially since you get Robe of Affection (natural holy element) basically for free! Angeling would just be a "lazy" mvp-ing armor since it reduces all 4 elements a little, but you really should be wearing fire when fighting an MVP with meteor, wind when they use LoV, etc. instead of using Angeling. Certain MVPs like Detard do use skills of different elements though.

#48 Zauly

Zauly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

Oh yea ofc, that was you! Hey again :D

Well I wouldn't really know where else to put em anyway, either just throw them into Luk or Dex or something ... guess it makes no difference either way. :)

Good point about Epiclesis! I guess I might consider redoing it once I'm done with TIs ... I do find Silentium very useful there at least.

Man I never even noticed the Laudas did that ... never used it when potting with the gf. Boy oh boy, thanks. :D

So what would you put into the robe then? It seems like such a waste to put a Pecopeco or something into it ... and I really do love the -cast delay on my AB. Guess I could Agav it and use on my WL, but then I'm not too sure how good that Robe is for em anyway. I never knew that about Affection Robe though, thanks a lot for that! :)

#49 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

Yeah, pecopeco might seem like a waste on a VIT+3. I don't really know what I'd recommend. Pasana is used very often in MVPing and is very expensive at the moment, but then you might also do Lucius [1] with Marc Card instead as some MVPs freeze and also use meteor. The VIT+3 enchant is kind of a luxury that doesn't really seem worth it to me.

#50 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

VIT +3 on a Diabolus Robe [1]... /rice

I do use a Peco Peco card in mine, but I don't have a VIT +3 enchantment so the card is actually useful in that case. I really don't know what to recommend for an all-around card, because I default to Peco Peco and then switch to elemental armors as necessary. I guess if you have the funds for it, Ghostring would be nice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users