Warlock's MATK (Balance Breaker?) - Page 4 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 6 votes

Warlock's MATK (Balance Breaker?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic

#76 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

heh, somehow, i kinda jealous of you, you know. those teamwork and coordination sure did took a lot of hours to build it up..10 vit is ok, i even thought to go <10 VIT if not for food shortage /gg

total matk is ok since i can reached if not same, but its comparable to your matk. only left is the extra buff from other classes/bit higher equips/more scrolls XD since we are 2 different guilds, each guild's requirement will be different too. heh, so glad you can go full atk mode 90% of the time..im so jealous, QQ

BTW, yeah, ppl need to suit their stats, skills and roles if they are in the woe guild. Not trying to determine what role you gonna be, and then you screw up your guild due to less dmg released/premature wiped out. Coordination is gem to success, just saying :p_smile:

#77 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Indeed.

Yes, team work sure took a while to build... but after each of us have the experience need it to perform, we can get use to any team member as long as we fulfill our roles.

Experience and practice is the key to success... that's the main reason why I'm able to switch from full attack to full defense in question of seconds depending on the situation... there are other variables as well as calculating the timing for the damage to kick in so you can be able to go back on forward on gears faster... switching gears takes practice as well... I have different set of gears for most spells I use, hence I have to know when to switch between the sets depending on the situation.

Lastly, not sure if you have notice already and since I've been posting lot of videos doing it. There's no reason to hide it but as you may have realized already, I don't use amp scrolls as much as before anymore... the reason behind it, other than lag that is, is my +MATK that I've been able to reach... once you past the 3rd stage of MATK (1.1kmatk barrier), there's no requirement to amp anymore since the damage will be enough to deal around 25k in WoE against WoE Sets and w/o any MvP. If I ever Amp, the output damage increases in quite a lot but I'm fine w/o it as well as long as I keep my matk in 3rd stage.

#78 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Well... just bumping cuz today I came out with a way to increase MATK even further...

I shall test it tomorrow if I make it for WoE, but looking forward to this =)

#79 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

lol...post up ur next matk then :p_smile:

#80 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

haseo, i think you should be able to reveal some of the gears that might help others to reach that 1.1k matk barrier, since Im guessing that Comet hasnt been popular nowadays..only some of us still in the server that play Comet build. Might be a good time to re-introduce the potential of the build back again, no?

#81 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'll think about it.

#82 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

looking forward to it ^^

#83 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

I'm just going to leave his here since people have been asking: there's really no such thing as a "matk barrier". There are rumors going around about matk magically plateauing at a certain number; this is false. Any "barriers" are just arbitrary numbers defined by individual people to describe a max limit they have/are trying to break.

#84 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

nothing but hype because haseo thinks he's an anime character and wants to feel important.
truth is i think braska's comet does more. should ask him about the path to unlocking your chi or whatever.

#85 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

nothing but hype because haseo thinks he's an anime character and wants to feel important.
truth is i think braska's comet does more. should ask him about the path to unlocking your chi or whatever.

There are no mexicans in anime.

#86 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

http://science.nbcne...he-century?lite

better watch out lul

#87 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

There are no mexicans in anime.

roflmao

#88 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I'm just going to leave his here since people have been asking: there's really no such thing as a "matk barrier". There are rumors going around about matk magically plateauing at a certain number; this is false. Any "barriers" are just arbitrary numbers defined by individual people to describe a max limit they have/are trying to break.

The barrier I'm referring to is as its name said, the minimum requirement for something to kick in without the need of another external influence.

In any case, min barriers are not something that you see but more of a fiction "break point" in where once you reach it, external factors became irrelevant. By mere maths (and probabilities thanks to the misc matk), once you pass the 1100matk mark, there will be not need of increasing regular +MATK (equipment) anymore but to increase your %MATK since the Percent value will increase the MATK even further than focusing on +MATK.

That concept is pretty much the same one in where the DEX and LUK gets a "Balance point", in which even if you increase your DEX, it will be kinda pointless because the amount of points invested will be higher than the MATK you will obtain from it, therefore, finding a balance in where points are not wasted is another way to see a Balanced Build.

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 19 March 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#89 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'm sure Afrost knows how to balance skill points and understands how percentages work. You're the freaking weeaboo who keeps trying to put people down and making a simple thing sound more complicated in order to establish a sense of superiority. And no one needs your sympathy. You act like you're some kind of god. And you act intelligent. Please. Grow up.

#90 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I'm sure Afrost knows how to balance skill points and understands how percentages work. You're the freaking weeaboo who keeps trying to put people down and making a simple thing sound more complicated in order to establish a sense of superiority. And no one needs your sympathy. You act like you're some kind of god. And you act intelligent. Please. Grow up.

Wow, someone is mad??

If Afrost knows how to balance skills and understand percents is beyond me... I never made a reference pointing otherwise lol, but hey, thanks for the input. =)

Freaking weeaboo?? wow, you sure like to categorize people by their choice of hobbies and such huh? So it seems that if someone does not share your "line of hobbies" or have a different perspective of the world, he sure is a freaking weeaboo right? I can tell that much by what you wrote =)

I don't act like I'm kind of god or something... I'm just pointing the obvious and making an example of it... Unlike you that is making a direct reference and trying to make fun by using a hobbies as ground point. Talking about acting intelligent when you can't even accept everyone else's point of view that differs from your own... I do feel pity of you even more =S

Its common for regular people that, after knowing the difference of level (IQ, intelligence, success, etc), try to make fun of the other person since they know that there's no other way to counter their arguments. As I said before, I have seen your "kind" since I was in middle school... I mean, what else can you aim for? attack the person if you can't beat their arguments... I do really hope that you learn something at school... because it seems you are kinda wasting your money there =)

Edited by Wizard, 19 March 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#91 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Wow, someone is mad??

If Afrost knows how to balance skills and understand percents is beyond me... I never made a reference pointing otherwise lol, but hey, thanks for the input. =)

Freaking weeaboo?? wow, you sure like to categorize people by their choice of hobbies and such huh? So it seems that if someone does not share your "line of hobbies" or have a different perspective of the world, he sure is a freaking weeaboo right? I can tell that much by what you wrote =)

I don't act like I'm kind of god or something... I'm just pointing the obvious and making an example of it... Unlike you that is making a direct reference and trying to make fun by using a hobbies as ground point. Talking about acting intelligent when you can't even accept everyone else's point of view that differs from your own... I do feel pity of you even more =S

Its actually simple maths and probabilities really... I don't see why people have hard time understanding this, but it seems that when you don't understand something, the need to make fun of it is the best way to hide your impotence... I do understand the need of make fun of something when they don't understand... in fact, I do sympathize withyou guys... If I were stupid and have no need to use my head besides supporting my hat, I 'd probably act like you guys do... I'm quite familiar with your kind and I do pity and feel sorry for your guys... really I do, I mean, you gotta feel sorry for people who the only thing they have to expect in life is wake up, work or play and then wait for things to happen knowing no one will expect more from them... just like my basset hound.

You quoted him and then started calling everyone stupid.

And are you serious with that last line? "Talking about acting intelligent when you can't even accept everyone else's point of view that differs from your own... I do feel pity of you even more =S" You just did that.... /facepalm

#92 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Wow, someone is mad??

If I were stupid and have no need to use my head besides supporting my hat, I 'd probably act like you guys do...

^ reference pointing otherwise.

Yes, your actions/ hobbies indicate you are a weeaboo. Or maybe otaku is more relevant? Whatever. And there is nothing in the definition of intelligence that says I have to be tolerant of other people's view points.

Point is you're freaking condescending as crap and try to make yourself look like king warlock. Congrats that you spent hours using iro wiki stat calculator and congrats on the hibrams. Don't put others down and intentionally try to be mislead others because of it.

I mean, what else can you aim for? attack the person if you can't beat their arguments...

- >

I do really hope that you learn something at school... because it seems you are kinda wasting your money there =)

->

attack the person if you can't beat their arguments...

Posted Image

Edited by Azyrk, 19 March 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#93 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

You quoted him and then started calling everyone stupid.

And are you serious with that last line? "Talking about acting intelligent when you can't even accept everyone else's point of view that differs from your own... I do feel pity of you even more =S" You just did that.... /facepalm

I did quote him for the first paragraph... hence the point at the end.

"You" refer to several people, hence why I did mention it quite often... sorry, I don't see the relevance of it as well as the meaning behind the quote. I don't remember making fun of him by their hobbies or being bias by the way he talk, race, ideas and such... I'm just pointing the obvious on how people have the feeling of impotence while dealing with someone that can't argue back. I mean, we are civilized after all right? Jordan claim for me to grow up, but I have yet to see an argument towards my reasoning or my idea of break point beside trying to make fun of my hobbies... sorry, but that doesn't look too "adult" for me at all... perhaps am I missing something there?

Its rather simple, if you wanna go and prove me wrong or promote another point of view, be my guest... In fact, I will support/argue with the data I have collected in the past months... but once you start attacking the person instead of its arguments, well, you know what kind of person is... sadly I do feel the same respect towards them as if they were insects or pets since they are not productive at all. Hope you see my point there =)

^ reference pointing otherwise.

Yes, your actions/ hobbies indicate you are a weeaboo. Or maybe otaku is more relevant? Whatever. And there is nothing in the definition of intelligence that says I have to be tolerant of other people's view points.

Point is you're freaking condescending as crap and try to make yourself look like king warlock. Congrats that you spent hours using iro wiki stat calculator and congrats on the hibrams. Don't put others down and intentionally try to be mislead others because of it.

- >

->

Posted Image

^ my point there.

Thanks Jordan... you sure never let me down when I'm making a reference of you =)

#94 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

And guess what guys, another way to raise your MATK is to show off your ego on the internet.

#95 VolunteerMod05

VolunteerMod05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

The truly intelligent around these parts would know to make reports instead of insulting others. Discussion over.

#96 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

The truly intelligent around these parts would know to make reports instead of insulting others. Discussion over.

I do agree with this.

Just to not be off topic.

The +MATK from Oborou buff DOES NOT show up in your stat screen... but its quite there.

From what I've been testing, its safe to assume that its consider as "Misc. MATK" same as the other food buffs (cake thingie, box of drowsiness, etc).

It does have its pros and cons, but it doesn't affect balance with base MATK that much and by not having a great gap between them, recog spell will do the trick.

Forgot to add... trying to limit %MATK around the 50% (middle value) will be the best you can do... its by statistics, the best way to increase the MATK (the closest to the curve, the better... please, don't make me post my graphs and such >_<).

Edited by Wizard, 19 March 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#97 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm not going to point fingers; I like arguing math with math.

The barrier I'm referring to is as its name said, the minimum requirement for something to kick in without the need of another external influence.

What is this "something" and what is this "other external influence"?

I'm not aware of any MATK bonus that is reliant on some sort of external influence while being achievable with more MATK. It doesn't even make sense.

It would basically require a card that said "if you have more than 1100 MATK, or have external influence X, +100 MATK."

By mere maths (and probabilities thanks to the misc matk), once you pass the 1100matk mark, there will be not need of increasing regular +MATK (equipment) anymore but to increase your %MATK since the Percent value will increase the MATK even further than focusing on +MATK.

It is this kind of sketchiness which causes a lot of confusion in people, leading to my earlier post. 1100 (stat, I presume) MATK is irrelevant to whether or not %MATK or +MATK is beneficial, but it depends on the actual bonuses in question. I can imagine that for your build and your stats 1100 MATK is your magic breakpoint at which this happens, but no math or proofs have been posted as to why this is so.

I politely request the "mere maths" you speak of.

And that is why people are getting confused. Even if that 1100 MATK barrier turned out to be universal, your point is moot without proof as to why it exists.

That concept is pretty much the same one in where the DEX and LUK gets a "Balance point", in which even if you increase your DEX, it will be kinda pointless because the amount of points invested will be higher than the MATK you will obtain from it, therefore, finding a balance in where points are not wasted is another way to see a Balanced Build.

That is an entirely different concept. DEX and LUK are bound variables in a very well-defined system. It is mathematically simple to determine an optimal amount of matk from any given stat points, distributed between dex and luk. And because I like proofs:

Benefit = floor(DEX/5 + LUK/3)
StatCost(DEX) + StatCost(LUK) <= N
For Stat < 100:
StatCost(Stat) = ∑(Stat,k=1) [Floor((k-1) / 10)] + 2
For Stat >= 100
StatCost(Stat) = (∑(99,k=1) [Floor((k-1) / 10)] + 2) + (∑(Stat-99,k=1) [Floor((k-100) / 5)]*4 + 16)

More or less that (it's not exact, and I probably missed a few points here and there since I didn't test it, but that's the gist of it). From there it becomes a two-variable system. Or you can do it iteratively.

What you're describing as a "barrier" is as much a barrier as a car has a "60MPH barrier" because it's the point where it stops going faster when you push the pedal. There may very well be a reason for it, and there very well may be a solution, but - without proofs - it's relative to that car and shouldn't be pushed around to other people without justification.

Forgot to add... trying to limit %MATK around the 50% (middle value) will be the best you can do... its by statistics, the best way to increase the MATK (the closest to the curve, the better... please, don't make me post my graphs and such >_<).

I assume this is your justification for your 1100 MATK number. Please, do post your graphs, I'd love to see them. I'm not sure I understand this paragraph at all, because I'm not sure how statistics factor into this. You're a scientist, please back up your claims. I'd simply like proof as to why you call this 1100 MATK point special and, from the way you say it, universal.

:p_smile:

Edited by Rirezz, 19 March 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#98 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

#99 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

In any case, min barriers are not something that you see but more of a fiction "break point" in where once you reach it, external factors became irrelevant. By mere maths (and probabilities thanks to the misc matk), once you pass the 1100matk mark, there will be not need of increasing regular +MATK (equipment) anymore but to increase your %MATK since the Percent value will increase the MATK even further than focusing on +MATK.

Thanks.

#100 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Please, kindly, define what you mean with "min barrier", "break point", and "external factor." And "fiction" - does that mean "not real" or "not precise" or "not defined" or what?

Repeating what you said without any clarification is terrible form in any sort of discussion.

I politely requested your math which you refer to in determining the 'barrier' you defined about at 1100 MATK.

Edited by Rirezz, 19 March 2013 - 07:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users