Kagerou/Oboro: Caster/Magic Build Discussion+Info - Page 5 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kagerou/Oboro: Caster/Magic Build Discussion+Info

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#101 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

if your cast time is that fast and youre pure magic even with a phen card it should be close enough to instant cast to not matter... 1v1 leveling get really slow later but you should be fine with your high damage fast casting... i dont think youd need to worry about dex unless for some reason you get divested.... then that would suck for your casting speed...

Oh, I have a Phen card in my accessory now, that's why I always have 16th night on, without it, the +25% cast time with the fixed cast time is unbearable, especially when using Flaming Petal. Now I want to take it off, but there's really no way to keep the accessory if I do that, and it'd cost a fortune to reroll a new RWC pendant, again.

And divested only happen if I go to WoE or PVP I guess ? xD, I'm not really into those things, since there are rumors flying around that ninja classes doesn't perform well in those areas, which is, the main reason I'm still guildless. 
And I know, but I prefer picking on a target at a time I think, and that's why I've been doing repeatable quests as much as possible to avoid grinding.

#102 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

you dont need dex with that kind of reduc...unless  you wanted to go hybrid. I had a similar set up to you and after a certain amount of mobs jumped me as noted by Facekiller was impossible to cast anything.....since you just doing eden boards and killing 1v1 you are fine.

#103 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Oh, I have a Phen card in my accessory now, that's why I always have 16th night on, without it, the +25% cast time with the fixed cast time is unbearable, especially when using Flaming Petal. Now I want to take it off, but there's really no way to keep the accessory if I do that, and it'd cost a fortune to reroll a new RWC pendant, again.

And divested only happen if I go to WoE or PVP I guess ? xD, I'm not really into those things, since there are rumors flying around that ninja classes doesn't perform well in those areas, which is, the main reason I'm still guildless. 
And I know, but I prefer picking on a target at a time I think, and that's why I've been doing repeatable quests as much as possible to avoid grinding.

caster ninja Kagerou can do fine especially if they get Empty Shadow... not only does it strip physical reflect it also strips magic reflect from skills/gears.... unless they have INSANE mdef or GTB you can hitlock them enough to whittle their HP down... lesser geared players can be dropped with just a good release ninja spell.... outside of PVP there are a few MVPs like Moonlight Flower who will full divest and a many of them have Break armor/helm/shield ect skills.... this week i will be clearing some inactives out of our guild and youre more than welcome to join us

#104 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

you dont need dex with that kind of reduc...unless  you wanted to go hybrid. I had a similar set up to you and after a certain amount of mobs jumped me as noted by Facekiller was impossible to cast anything.....since you just doing eden boards and killing 1v1 you are fine.

Oh :\ I thought almost Istant cast can't be cancelled ? since well, it'd be way too quick, unless those attacks stop you from casting, like stun or silence.

caster ninja Kagerou can do fine especially if they get Empty Shadow... not only does it strip physical reflect it also strips magic reflect from skills/gears.... unless they have INSANE mdef or GTB you can hitlock them enough to whittle their HP down... lesser geared players can be dropped with just a good release ninja spell.... outside of PVP there are a few MVPs like Moonlight Flower who will full divest and a many of them have Break armor/helm/shield ect skills.... this week i will be clearing some inactives out of our guild and youre more than welcome to join us

Oh, right, I was wondering which skill to take as I lv higher lol, I always thought the only useful K/O skills for magic ninja when they become ones are the elemental charms, 16th night, Pure Soul,and to some extent, Release Ninja Spell since it'd consume all the charms, the rest look kinda throwing or melee-ish for me :\. I was considering putting some points in ninja skills too, like right now I didn't even have the Ice Aoe, Ninja Aura and Mirror Image.
And wow thanks, well if you have a slot, just throw me a PM when you get onl, IGN : Daehyun, though I don't think I can help with MVP or any PT involved things , since I don't have any experience when it comes to those matters, at all.

Edited by iDaehyun, 25 November 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#105 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Server:Chaos/Clandestine Society

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Dex helps a lot with magic damage on a Kage.

#106 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

Dex helps a lot with magic damage on a Kage.

. Though LUK give more MATK , so if you have high cast speed, you can consider putting points into LUK first then DEX later.

#107 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

. Though LUK give more MATK , so if you have high cast speed, you can consider putting points into LUK first then DEX later.

Luk only up to a certain point, the information on irowiki is not completely accurate. from my tests 100 int 100 dex 40 total luk your damage will grow at a constant rate, going to 110 dex/int both the rate your magic damage increases since to start to have a diminished return but still increases above that it seems very negligible. 
I have only been able to test this with 2x +7 magical mikatsukis and 2 +7 spell 2/2 spell4/2 bazeralds. 

Edit: to address your post more directly. in my theory LUK increases the damage based on how much int and dex increases it by, lets say 100 int/dex is only affected by up to about 40 something LUK 110 is up to 63 LUK going over that point, yes your damage does increase but there is a diminished return.

Am not sure if it is only true for Kages or for all classes but I have ran out of eden badges/magical stones to continue my tests.

Edited by BloodlessChrome, 27 November 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#108 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:47 AM

Theorically you would need 1 dex for 100% cast reduction. BloodlessChrome brings up a decent point, but I don't think you need to micromanage your stats that much.

From what I understood, the Phen Card is inside the RWC Ring you're wearing? That's a pretty bad combination. You can fix this issue by carding your CoD with a KK Card, and getting another 3% cast reduction *somehow*. You could overefine your CoD, or get a better set of Bezerals. That way you'll have 125%, or 100 with the Phen. That way you can wear the RWC Ring and still keep the instant cast. Or you could get another RWC Ring, which just seems a more viable option if you ask me.

#109 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

so the 16night is reduce variable cast 50% on the duration right?

ihave, RWC pendant spell 33 and 32, and bazerald 4-4 (total 50%)
so with 1dex, can i have instacast?? (K/O patch has not been release on my server,idro)

because, in my server CoD didnt have special effect from overupgrade :(

if it can,maybe i didnt need to save money for buy, keyron and AAW spell

#110 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

so the 16night is reduce variable cast 50% on the duration right?

ihave, RWC pendant spell 33 and 32, and bazerald 4-4 (total 50%)
so with 1dex, can i have instacast?? (K/O patch has not been release on my server,idro)

because, in my server CoD didnt have special effect from overupgrade :(

if it can,maybe i didnt need to save money for buy, keyron and AAW spell

No some reason it seems like either 16th night description is wrong of the variable cast part reduction is broken

Edit: but even with that set up with 60 dex you ill have a very fast cast time

Edited by BloodlessChrome, 12 December 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#111 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

From what I can tell, 16th Night's variable cast reduction doesn't stack with your other variable cast reductions and instead will halve whatever cast is left. So if you have 50% reduction from gear, 16th NIght will halve the remaining 50% for a total cast reduction of 75%.

#112 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

No some reason it seems like either 16th night description is wrong of the variable cast part reduction is broken

Edit: but even with that set up with 60 dex you ill have a very fast cast time

From what I can tell, 16th Night's variable cast reduction doesn't stack with your other variable cast reductions and instead will halve whatever cast is left. So if you have 50% reduction from gear, 16th NIght will halve the remaining 50% for a total cast reduction of 75%.

ohhhh,i see
hahaha its make me confuse to allocate status
from the start, i think 120int,119vit,77luk for arch angeling and minor matk

if i didnt wrong, matk on left hand didnt affect in damage? so, some people pick bazerald with spell option
if it posible if i use maingauche (+10% race magic damagex4, like zakudam&bradium golem) on left hand for deal more magic damage? 
maybe with, int 110,vit1 100,dex100, luk77, it will have more damage,and more fast cast than int120,dex1 with avarge spell option equipment

#113 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

I've tested +4 Mikatsuki Pinguicila, +6 Bazerald spell 44 and Main Gauche 3x Pinguicula just now...it seems Mikatsuki rt hand and Bazerald have higher average damage compare to any combo from that 3 weapon.

edit*

tested on Hornet

Edited by weaseI, 22 December 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#114 TwinDragon

TwinDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:05 AM

Was trying out some things yesterday, and I can't properly discover the relationship between 16th Night and magic damage. Is it known yet how much mAtk it's supposed to give? I was not seeing a noticable damage increase (testing using flaming petals on fabres) with 16th night on or off. 

It's currently at level 3, and if the mAtk boost isn't significant I'm reluctant to level it to level 5 since the CD and duration match up so nicely at the moment, and Kage skill points are fairly scarce.

Cheers

#115 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

Was trying out some things yesterday, and I can't properly discover the relationship between 16th Night and magic damage. Is it known yet how much mAtk it's supposed to give? I was not seeing a noticable damage increase (testing using flaming petals on fabres) with 16th night on or off. 

It's currently at level 3, and if the mAtk boost isn't significant I'm reluctant to level it to level 5 since the CD and duration match up so nicely at the moment, and Kage skill points are fairly scarce.

Cheers

The formula for MATK increase of 16th Night is unknown atm, and it's recommended to leave your 16th Night skill at lv 3 cause

• Recasting the skill before the skill still inflicts the cooldown, but does NOT reset the duration.

#116 TwinDragon

TwinDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

Gotcha, that's exactly what I was thinking. From a usability standpoint that's actually pretty bad design, lol.

#117 aikokun

aikokun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

http://imgur.com/a/Bc17E

Used Flaming Petals on some Karakasa with/without 16th Night lvl 5 and also without MATK equips in order to keep the damage constant. 

I have no idea how to interpret it into a value for 16th Night's damage increase, but the damage does go up (probably not enough to warrant the two extra points unfortunately).

Bonus pic of 16th Night lvl 3, because I forgot you can select the skill level to use: http://i.imgur.com/K0Cvfqe.jpg

#118 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

Well the MATK from 16th night doesn't make that much of a different anyway, people only get it for the cast time reduction, so no need to scratch your hair out for that, the charms are the only skills that will make big difference out of your magic dmg.

Edited by iDaehyun, 24 December 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#119 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

with the cast time reduction alone and the way charms boost damage differently for different skills its better to area spam flame petals that use exploding dragon

#120 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

hey :D can give me advice for
skill build?
long time ago i made magic ninja, and it make me frustate after renewal
hahaha even blazing shield cannot use in woe

could oboro make for support in woe? because i think, shield is vital point, and with 2 dagger and i read, the damage only good on pvm

http://irowiki.org/~...f3qo5qnaqdBdBqn

how i allocate the skill point in ninja?
i think i only need fire skill for lvling
but for support, is watery invasion reduce -50%movement penalty in woe?
or i took the shadow slash route for shadow hiding?

and, what oboro skill can i use for support in woe?
i still confuse, how illusion-skill ,distorted cresent and moonlight fantasy work
for distorted crsent, it will work, increase atk/matk if i know hp/sp is even right?
but how to decrease enemy?so its lucky chance? because we didnt know target hp/sp

#121 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

I Have 1 Question,please answer me t.t

If i Have 70% Time cast reduction from stuffs and 16th Night can i get Insta Cast without dex?

I really want  1 dex in my stats...

#122 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

I Have 1 Question,please answer me t.t

If i Have 70% Time cast reduction from stuffs and 16th Night can i get Insta Cast without dex?

I really want  1 dex in my stats...

yes you will

#123 Majikero7

Majikero7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:52 AM

But 16th night only reduce variable cast by half and removes fixed. Doesn't that leave you with 15% left?

#124 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

But 16th night only reduce variable cast by half and removes fixed. Doesn't that leave you with 15% left?

Nope, 70% cast time reduction is only mean for variable cast time, 16th Night remove fixed cast time, reduce 50% var cast time, so he/she'll have 120% var cast time reduction, and that's overkill. Though if you get hit-locked or mobbed, you can still be interrupted, or won't even be able to cast.

#125 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Nope, 70% cast time reduction is only mean for variable cast time, 16th Night remove fixed cast time, reduce 50% var cast time, so he/she'll have 120% var cast time reduction, and that's overkill. Though if you get hit-locked or mobbed, you can still be interrupted, or won't even be able to cast.

but some people say, it cant stack with 16th night?
like if i have 70% cast reduction gear, 16th night, will reduce the the remaining fixed cast (30%), so it will add 15% reduce
so which are true?
70%+ (30%:50=15%) = 85%
or 70%+ 50% = 120% variable cast reduction

if the skill didnt have more than 1s fixed cast time, its mean we can insta cast or no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users