Kagerou/Oboro: Caster/Magic Build Discussion+Info - Page 4 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kagerou/Oboro: Caster/Magic Build Discussion+Info

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#76 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

I get instant cast with a 110 int + 110 dex + RWC pendants (spell 6 total) + 16th night + +12 KK CEB.

try with 1 dex. if you have two 3/3 spell pendants(32%), and two 4/4 spell bazes(40% form baze) + 16th night +12 KK CEB might be able to reduc 115%? dont forget the spell 3 AA

#77 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

and now lets make suggestions for players who DONT have a billion zeny to spend on high end gears...

#78 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

and now lets make suggestions for players who DONT have a billion zeny to spend on high end gears...

http://forums.warppo...h-or-die-tryin/

#79 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

what im saying is you cant expect new k/o to have +12 KK ANYTHING... comparing what some of yall have gear wise to what a newer player really has access to is a bit ridiculous... it would be more helpful if advice was given based around what is cheap and available with ease.... instead of suggesting double spell enchant bazeralds double mikatsuki will work just fine for the average player... i have a guildie (pretty much hopeless) who reads these guides and takes them as gospel... now hes running around with eden gear still as a Kagerou cuz he thinks he NEEDS to save up for these OP gears (despite what i tell him)... alot of these posts are "Hey look at my awesome gears" and not really telling the average player what gears they can get cheap and use effectively right away... maybe assisting players in actually getting to that level would be better than saying these are the gears to have...

#80 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

what im saying is you cant expect new k/o to have +12 KK ANYTHING... comparing what some of yall have gear wise to what a newer player really has access to is a bit ridiculous... it would be more helpful if advice was given based around what is cheap and available with ease.... instead of suggesting double spell enchant bazeralds double mikatsuki will work just fine for the average player... i have a guildie (pretty much hopeless) who reads these guides and takes them as gospel... now hes running around with eden gear still as a Kagerou cuz he thinks he NEEDS to save up for these OP gears (despite what i tell him)... alot of these posts are "Hey look at my awesome gears" and not really telling the average player what gears they can get cheap and use effectively right away... maybe assisting players in actually getting to that level would be better than saying these are the gears to have...

How about this? I never replied to you on that matter nor i targeted other people besides who i was quoting to. This thread isn't "Newcomer Guide" nor "Help the noobies." Its thread to discuss about Caster Magic Build. It would be nice of you to not forget what this thread is for. If you'd like to give a new comer more constructive, and helpful information on whatever its being asked, Please quote that person and say so. 

P.S. By giving High end gear as a goal actually helps people better than just spreading down cheap gears. 4/4 Spell Bazerald means good casting so alternatively, they can choose to use Mikatsuki which who questioned already is using atm. Same thing goes for +7 CoD. +12 KK CEB(12 % reduc) actually has lower casting reduc then +7 CoD(-15%) He was just giving a hindsight of what could be done. 

#81 bayuazni

bayuazni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

maybe eden gear is good enough for ppl who dont have much money... still good... i've been try that and work good too without charm and 16th

#82 Pabian

Pabian

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

hey guys im kinda confuse.. would like to ask some question about the equipment.. anyone can tell me what is the full name of the equipment?

and also what does the spell 3 spell 4 mean??

sorry for the noob question.. just came back to ragnarok after 6 years ago...

+9 KK CoD 

AAW spell3
Bazerald x2 spell5/3 & spell4/3
Chambered RWC 2012 Pendant spell3/3

#83 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

AAW= Arch angel wings

CoD= Crown of Deceit

Spell 3 spell 4 are enchantments you can get for certain gear increasing matk and decreasing cast times

#84 Pabian

Pabian

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

i see... where can i enchant the spell? i mean which npc i should look for? somewhere around eden?

#85 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I believe I wrote a tiered weapon list at one point if anyone wants to find it and link to it. it gives a clear understanding of a path to trade up to. telling someone to be happy forever eith mitusuki or only save up for bazeralds are both the wrong answer. a path of advancement is necessary. :)

#86 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

i see... where can i enchant the spell? i mean which npc i should look for? somewhere around eden?

High level weapons: Center of Malangdo. Each enchant costs certain number of coins depends on the quality of the coins. Reset costs 1 Silvervine fruit from kafra shop.

AAW: East of Malangdo, inside a house. Each enchant costs 1m. 3 Silvervine Fruits are used in order to reset.

RWC gears: Eden 2nd floor. Enchants are free, but you use RWC reset tickets from kafra shop to reset enchants.

Btw I just enchanted my Bazerald yesterday and I got 2x int+4. The enchants seem to be good, so I feel bad if I reset it. Still, should I strive for spell 4 enchants? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Yomihime, 16 August 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#87 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

I got double spell 2 enchants on my +6 bazerald and its slightly better than a +4 mikatsuki....

#88 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

High level weapons: Center of Malangdo. Each enchant costs certain number of coins depends on the quality of the coins. Reset costs 1 Silvervine fruit from kafra shop.

AAW: East of Malangdo, inside a house. Each enchant costs 1m. 3 Silvervine Fruits are used in order to reset.

RWC gears: Eden 2nd floor. Enchants are free, but you use RWC reset tickets from kafra shop to reset enchants.

Btw I just enchanted my Bazerald yesterday and I got 2x int+4. The enchants seem to be good, so I feel bad if I reset it. Still, should I strive for spell 4 enchants? Thanks in advance.

I'd go with Spell Enchant. 30% from FAwing/32% from RWC, 40% from weapons makes you insta cast with 16th night. or, you can use one RWC knife(has to be 12) and one 4/4 spell bazerald, and use +9 CoD to insta cast also. 

#89 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

Build question :3 I'm planning to make my Oboro a no dex build. I especially need some advice for a good weapon and accessory card. I don't have all the required gears and refinement yet, but I'm slowly building up. Thanks in advance.

http://irowiki.org/~...HSqo5rAasdBdBqn

http://calc.irowiki....aaaaaundefineda

#90 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Build question :3 I'm planning to make my Oboro a no dex build. I especially need some advice for a good weapon and accessory card. I don't have all the required gears and refinement yet, but I'm slowly building up. Thanks in advance.

http://irowiki.org/~...HSqo5rAasdBdBqn

http://calc.irowiki....aaaaaundefineda

Your skill build actually resembles what i use on kagerou so i don't see a problem with it. you can lower your 16th night to level 3 which will make more efficient(60 sec duration, and 60 sec cooldown which makes it easier to keep it up all the time.) 

For your stat, I always keep my vip buff for granted, but since you didn't mention about it, please do next time so i could give you more idealistic stat. 

My suggestion on stat

You only need total vitality of 100 including your job bonus, so I'd just give 96 base vitality. so with job bonus, you will achieve 100 vit point for stun immunity. I'd give 80 agi so you could get 180 aspd(188 is probably optimal for fastest spam that your finger allow so if that's something you're looking forward to, feel free to adjust it.) I gave 30 dex so that if you need ur hp to be in certain set up, you can just put all those stat to vit to adjust. otherwise, 30 dex should give more matk than 20 something luk. 

For the gear, RWC pendant is always the best choice. +3 int 3/3spell for both is always optimal choice. If you can afford ent card, that could be alternative for bryn, but if you have bryn, that works better imo. If you're looking are some cheap alternative, farm kvm point to get glorious suit. other wise, those two are the probably most optimal set up.

Since we have FA wing, you are most likely will have insta cast. 30% from FA wing, 32% from double pendant, and 20% from 4/4 spell bazerald, and 20% from +9 CoD. That is total of 102% variable cast reduc, and since 16th night will remove all your fixed casting on all of your ninja skill, you wont ever need Phen effect.(within provided information with +12 RWC dagger/4/4 bazerald) 

KBC card is definately one of the best option for accessory card for pendants. When FA wing gets slot, you can go with Raydric, or Deviling. Thats totally up to you. For the shoes, I personally use Vidar's Boots because its cheap, and  give me SP also. 

I personally prefer free headgear slot rather than using CoD, so I went with 2x +9 4/4 spell Bazerald, But if you have money, and doesnt care about two headgear slot being used with CoD, you can always go with +12 RWC Knife. Although, Bazerald will still offer more base matk. 

Edited by CharAznable, 18 August 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#91 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

I Have a question

The RWC Dagger, 10% Damage bonus are functional on Kagerou Magics?

Anyone can post a ScreenShot with the dagger and without?

*Sorry for any gramatic error :P

#92 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Where can i get rwc items?

#93 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

Where can i get rwc items?

http://www.playragna...aspx?id=285&p=1

Unfortunately they're already taken out last week, now you can only get them from other players while the price is skyrocketing. I don't know if they will ever return.

#94 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

they will prolly be back next year again... or if enough players QQ about it... like they did last year...

#95 WhiteMeow

WhiteMeow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

So... is it possible to survive without leeching, till max lvl with minimum set up ?

well at least till hit mid TI

i mean like random (not)cheap headgear, eden set, eden dagger, mikatsuki after 100, phen?

#96 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

its surprisingly easy to make a viable and cheap k/o of any build... with 5 builds and countless sub builds available its really easy to build strong characters based on what you have access to... keep in mind many of the players are after MAX damage but not whats needed to level... i use double mikatsuki when i am in magic mode and use a moon rabbit hat with tower keeper and i tear through Scaraba and Bifrost monsters.... im not even a pure magic build...

#97 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

I have few questions regarding cast time reduction, currently my gears are like :
_Spell 3/3 Bazerald (16%)
_Spell 3/4 Bazerald (18%)

_ + 9 CoD ( 20%)

_ Spell 5/6/7 FAW ( 30%)
_ 2 Spell 2/3 RWC Pendants ( 28%)
Those equips give me a total of 112% Cast Time reduction, with 16th night up, I have almost instant cast. The thing is, with all that reduction, do I need to put points in Dex at all ? and do I need a Phen card ? 
I want to ask this since well, If I don't then I can dump all the points in LUK cause 3 LUK = 1 MATK , when 5 DEX = 1 MATK. And can spells crit too ? or only auto attack ?
Thanks for reading.

#98 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

depends on how badly you get mobbed... im fine with my cast time until the mob gets to much or im getting hit too much... thats when i switch to phen.... for me tho i have high dex so my cast reduction isnt too bad... plus i have the added bonus if the mob is too big or a bad element for magic i can switch modes to throw mode and wipe the mob in one go....

#99 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

depends on how badly you get mobbed... im fine with my cast time until the mob gets to much or im getting hit too much... thats when i switch to phen.... for me tho i have high dex so my cast reduction isnt too bad... plus i have the added bonus if the mob is too big or a bad element for magic i can switch modes to throw mode and wipe the mob in one go....

Oh I'm more about 1v1 grinding, so I just have 16th night on and spam the skills. If I get mobbed, I can just use Cicada or pure soul and tank them all, I use the single target skills most of the time since they have little to no delay at all, pretty amazing with use with 16th night. the Aoe skills are so bad, and the dmg are way too low, especially the ice skills, so I just use the single target skills. Though my question is if I have 112% reduction, do I need dex at all ? since it's already over 100% and it's overkill when I use 16th night ( extra 50% variable cast time reduction), and I tend to have it on all the time.

#100 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

if your cast time is that fast and youre pure magic even with a phen card it should be close enough to instant cast to not matter... 1v1 leveling get really slow later but you should be fine with your high damage fast casting... i dont think youd need to worry about dex unless for some reason you get divested.... then that would suck for your casting speed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users