2/26 Tex Avery's Birthday maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2/26 Tex Avery's Birthday maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
236 replies to this topic

#51 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well you do know how RO going, kRO still not fixed some exploits here and there so their solution is disabled that completely. At least for iRO we need something for alternative even if it's not replacing mail's role completely. Let's see what's mail role: zeny storage, alt storage, can deal something while we offline/afk. Permanent extra storage just one of many ways. We can deal items with 100m+ with mail, so upgrade vending feature also another way to go...

idRO did that after mail disabling with same no reason like how it's done today.. At least for iRO they can use something for alternative so we don't feel mail is gone completely. Permanent extra storage is one way I can think.

Kind of, but not quite, at least not for me. I use the mail to transfer zeny between my storage accounts. :p_swt:
It's a lot easier than dual clienting, which amplifies the already present lag tenfold.

Edited by Alaska, 26 February 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#52 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Dear mom,
This will be my final mail to you!
I'm sad because you can't mail me sammiches anymore.

#53 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

We are working on an internal solution to specifically address the issue of guild leaders supplying their members.

#54 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

i use mail to mail pots to my supplies, to mail supplies to my potter, to mail zeny to party members that participated in ET runs, mail items to people who purchase things via forums and i don't have time coordination with them, mail myself zeny when playing a diff character, mail myself items when overweight but far from a storage, receive mail from people for potting supplies, and zeny for items as well

......... :p_swt:

You can do most of that face to face.

What I'm curious about is, "mail myself items when overweight but far from a storage," because, as far as I know, there's a mailbox near every kafra so...

#55 Derps

Derps

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

guild storage?

#56 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Though sending mail will be disabled on existing maps, we are creating a "Postal Annex" area that players can access through the WoE map Kafras where they will be able to create new mail messages.

#57 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Well this sucks. I use mail to unload myself when I'm in ET---I can't really keep stopping and going back to storage in order to do that.

If they disable mail, I'll really have to watch what I bring into ET now because I can't afford to go overweight. Although, people will prolly just say I need to start buying KP just to buy kafra cards now /sigh That's pretty much the only time I ever really need to unload like that though, and it's often since I'm on a class that can't carry that much weight /pif

#58 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

guild storage?

I like this. This is a good idea.

#59 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

you can do it face to face, sure, it's just a lot more convenient to be able to use the mail. judging from the responses on this thread, it's pretty clear a lot of people make use of the mail system.

#60 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Though sending mail will be disabled on existing maps, we are creating a "Postal Annex" area that players can access through the WoE map Kafras where they will be able to create new mail messages.

Just one thing Oda, make sure to disable vends & chats in there, otherwise it'll end up like the Eden Group area.

#61 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

you can do it face to face, sure, it's just a lot more convenient to be able to use the mail. judging from the responses on this thread, it's pretty clear a lot of people make use of the mail system.

Well it's pretty clear a vocal minority uses the mail system at any rate.

#62 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Good solution for mail, approved.

For TI, nothing to complain but careful for high TI. 1 KK can wiped noobs Gwing lol...How about at least Margaretha or Bio2 for next week TI for variation?

Edited by Exvee, 26 February 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#63 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Out of topic question, any news on expanding summoner mvp list? it looks like it was completely forgotten that gm said it would be updated with more mvps after some time passed by.

#64 magiccircle

magiccircle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Ive noticed you guys have been putting monsters that drop useful gears for Kagerou/Oboro to use. It's really nice. I think it was like Humma Calm Mind one week then Gladius [3]/Rogue's Treasure and now Vidar's Mants/Falcon mufflers. Flame Skull cards make a nice addition.
A Shinobi/Assaulter TI for low level might be pretty awesome.

RE: The Mail System Removal

Sigh.., I know a certain guild leader who will be really unhappy about this... He devotes most of his Friday night and Saturday morning just to supply WoE for his guild of 60+people. The mail system definitely makes supplying easier but there are some things you can probably do to substitute for the lack of it. I like the term "Server Stability" and I've already come to terms with not being able to use my Whisper pet for "Hide" and my costumes to mask my headgear choice in WoE. Which for the most part has improved WoE lag. (At least to me..)

Some suggestions to make the "Supply" problem a little easier to deal with:

* Increase the max items a storage can hold. 30k is a lot but our guild hands out over 200k slims a WoE. Without the mail system we'd need
like 5 accounts or something just to hold the amount of slims we hand out for WoE.

* Request a higher "Ranked" Blue Potion creation method from KRO. From what I understand this is the longest part of the process, slims are easy enough to pot but blues take hours. *less time potting means more time to supply.

* Maybe later down the line request a "Send to" storage to storage system. Were you basically right click an item in your storage and a "send to" option pops up which prompts a "Character/Amount" window that sends items directly to the named players storage. You could even have it bounce the items back if there storage is full. It'll take some time to bulletproof this but if it does exist the supply problem will pretty much be non existent, with a lot less server instability to boot. Increasing the amount of items we can place in storage from 600 to 999 or something would help as well.

Edited by magiccircle, 26 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#65 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

You can do most of that face to face.

What I'm curious about is, "mail myself items when overweight but far from a storage," because, as far as I know, there's a mailbox near every kafra so...

Time is money. I don't have time to wait for people to get on just to give them zeny. A lot easier going down the list and mailing it to them yea? Same with guild WoE supplies.

Lol You're very mistaken. I don't use the mailbox to mail items, there's a function on the friends list to mail items/zeny and whatnot. You don't have to be near a mailbox to do any mailing at all.

Maybe you don't do as many transactions as I do, as you don't understand the inconvenience of a face to face transaction.

Just because YOU don't utilize the mail system to its fullest doesn't mean the rest is a minority.

Edited by KamiKali, 26 February 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#66 Magmag

Magmag

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Just because YOU don't utilize the mail system to its fullest doesn't mean the rest is a minority.

I wanted to say that like a hundred times over. I remember when they disabled it the first time... and how excited I was when it came back... and now I am gonna pout about it again... such a shame..

Edited by Magmag, 26 February 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#67 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Will the post annex be put in this maintenance?

I have to deal our potter 120k WSS, 15k Blue Herbs, and then deal everything off of it when I'm done. And I have to spend about 4 hours standing in town dealing players supplies. If this isn't the most ridiculous thing in the world, I don't know what is.

Server could handle more than 2k players back in the day with mail fine. I don't think the problem here is mail, pets, or costumes.

#68 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

... ok seriously first you get rid of the costumes. Then you get rid of the pets (PETA would be angry at that), then you got rid of the kafra for one siege, as well as the monsters in the dungeon. Lag is still here.

Then you're gonna get rid of the mail system, which is one of the more useful things in this game, a system that some guilds depend for "server stability"

whats next? D=

#69 Necropile

Necropile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Is there a guide for "Tear in time" quest?

#70 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

PLEASE MAKE SURE THE NPC IN NORTH PRONT THAT YOU CAN EXCHANGE WPS TOKENS IN AND A KAFRA ARE IN THE POSTAL ANNEX PLACE

#71 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

bye-bye easy way to dump loots to an alt :(

#72 Astelost

Astelost

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIceland
  • Server:Poring

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I hope they don't mess up and accidentally wipe the existing mails because I still have some Zeny, loots, and pots in my mailbox. :p_swt:

#73 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Soooo what about getting those rafflesia's changed, Oda?

#74 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

^ :)

Question: will we still be able to send mail via our friendlist? Or is that out as well?

Edited by Alaska, 26 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#75 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thank you for the double exp and drops. With last weeks bio TI it was really handy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users