3/19 Yoko Kanno's Birthday Bebop maintenance - Page 6 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

3/19 Yoko Kanno's Birthday Bebop maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
807 replies to this topic

#126 MightyMoo

MightyMoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi Oda,

Regarding the Rudolph hand band, I can perhaps understand why you guys want to nerf it, however, i think that it should be compromise like so many % by the refine lvls, since all of mine our +9. Had I known, this was going to happen, I would not have upgraded them.

#127 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

i had this argument just last night:

"stop using jack frost its useless" -guy using storm gust. (i'm the one jack frosting mobs that are even off the screen)

he dies "omg jack frost noob go quit the game."

please note there was 3 warlocks in party, i was jack frosting, the other guy is crimson rockign while he's using storm gust.

anyways, frozen status is great, its fantastic, it saves lives but when you have members in party that breaks the ice but doesnt one shot kill the mobs, problem comes.

i dont know where i was going with this post but i find it really funny that guy told me to quit the game.

^omg this.

On my SC I would gather, back slide, and then frost nova, which usually worked out great. But then some-_- players would break the ice (and not kill them), and we usually got overmobbed and killed that way -_-

Edited by IsisThump, 19 March 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#128 shpongled

shpongled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Let's see... your snipers could push away the crap that keeps blowing you up with arrow charge. You could use frost diver to freeze and move away (Mind you this succeeds only based on the level you learned). Hunters/snipers can use slide trap.

I'm being completely unrealistic? Or are you not even trying?

There are many solutions to problems. If you've learned one thing in school NOTHING is impossible, however everything and every goal has a challenge to overcome.

If you think I'm being an a-hole well you can think that however I am providing advice and constructive criticism.

Experiment with skills more often, you'll be surprised at some possibilities.

all of your advice pertains to single target killing outside of a TI. in a ti you have hordes of spawns spawning on you and around you. its a completely different ball game, and the 70-85 bracket has it the worst because of their immensely low hp. The mobs should be picked to suit to the fact that pre99 we dont have the uber survivability of 3rd classes (such as the hp to survive a claymore trap to the face). you cant single trap 8 mobs at once and by the time the monster gets close enough to use arrow charge, it has the chance of 1 hit killing you. frost diver? really? lol that spell succeeds so rarely. by the time a sage would even get that off, hed be dead (and who wastes points on getting lvl 10 frost diver anyways) . we can go tit for tat on each spell here, but the fact is that most classes have less then 5k hp in low TIs and theyre putting in mobs that are doing 10k blows (and not even giving compensation in exp or loot)

#129 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Rudolph Headband benefit reduction next week

wait what :v

Time to sell it real quick then :v

#130 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

*cough* 50m pasana card *cough*

again, goodluck new players.

Then do vit build. It's not that everything is limited to gear. -_-

#131 Decimo

Decimo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Server:Chaos.

Hi GM ODA, are the -Rudolph Headband benefit reduction next week does that mean healing effect gotten from carrots will be reduce or gift box stop dropping?

#132 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

-Rudolph Headband benefit reduction next week

Way to go. Another one of those stupid ideas that only serves to -_- over the playerbase with NO benefit.

#133 MasterKnshn

MasterKnshn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Server:Old Loki

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

And if you cant afford a fire armor or pasana card, Fireproof potions are only like 5k each...and last for 30 minutes.

Also another thing you may want to invest in, Increase HP potions, I use them on my hwiz on lower TI and had more HP then the tanks.

Also in terms of potions and their efficiency, perhaps invest in a fish in mouth, or snowier carded accessories.

#134 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Asofhdsfasgahgdsf.

It only took about a year and a half.

So what's this reduction going down to? 50% of the original heal rate? 25%?

I request a buff to the fish in mouth item then. :c

Edited by Senkasa, 19 March 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#135 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hi Oda,

Regarding the Rudolph hand band, I can perhaps understand why you guys want to nerf it, however, i think that it should be compromise like so many % by the refine lvls, since all of mine our +9. Had I known, this was going to happen, I would not have upgraded them.

Yeah I don't mind +7 the headgear as long the effect is not completely gone...

@noobs

Either you spend some $ for VIP/selling KP for 100m zeny or learn to play teamwork. You're not tank, you just have eden equips, then don't act like you can tank or have godly items. At least Rybio can be frozen with SG unlike Injustice.

#136 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Asofhdsfasgahgdsf.

It only took about a year and a half.

So what's this reduction going down to? 50% of the original heal rate? 25%?

You're acting like it had any reason to be nerfed in the first place. You forfeited your upper headgear slot for an item to make healing a little easier. Most of the time your upper headgear is pretty darn important.

This is ignoring the fact that it's an event headgear from two years ago. Why the heck is it getting adjusted now and for what reason? It's not going to benefit anything. The hat didn't magically "break" the economy like some delusional people think.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 19 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#137 PearI

PearI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Why is Rudolph being nerfed? I may not be a new player, but I rely on it extensively for pvm so this really tick me off. IMO not only is this good for killer chars, it helps full parties with sole healers because people can afford to heal themselves. The stories of how people blame deaths to ABs have reduced thanks to this hairband and the Witch hat + alarm mask combo.

For those complaining about agi spam, lrn2gearswitch? I don't understand the logic behind taking away a good thing. :pif:

#138 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Youre taking away our mail and now youre taking away something that allows us to not spend tons of zeny on potions for no reason? Wow, you guys kinda suck.

#139 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

What kind of nerf is the rudolph hat getting exactly? :(

#140 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

No to Rudolf Hairband nerf.

#141 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

If the TI is too hard don't do it.When i first started playing i concentrated on making money and didn't TI at all.

#142 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

At least detail the reduction percentage-wise, Oda. Need to know if it's going down to the same level as fish in mouth with only 25% boost to heal rate or what. <_<

Honestly I'm still keeping all 3 of mine for Novelty's sake but if it gets a boosted heal rate based on refine rate I can take that compromise.

#143 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Because we are well outside of the Holiday season, it will still keep it's Carrot healing power, but will be reduced in effectiveness.

#144 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

We need this info.. Better discuss and give win2win solution for everyone. Really, don't repeat same mistake like *fixing ET/malaya instance without discussing to players so now only GTB users can do it then people quitting instancing*

Edited by Exvee, 19 March 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#145 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Wow GMs, this is your only reason? "since we are pretty long out of the Holiday season" That kinda pisses me off. How long has this hat been in game? If youre going to nerf every good thing in game just for stupid reasons like this you might as well kill everything fun in the game and get along with shutting everything down.

Edited by Yggdrasil, 19 March 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#146 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Because we are well outside of the Holiday season, it will still keep it's Carrot healing power, but will be reduced in effectiveness.

Now the real question? How much will it be reduced by?

Also the above people have a point, Oda. Why wasn't this adjusted last year, then?

Edited by Senkasa, 19 March 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#147 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Oda, stahp q.q

#148 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden

At least detail the reduction percentage-wise, Oda.

#149 kitsunemimimode

kitsunemimimode

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

And if you cant afford a fire armor or pasana card, Fireproof potions are only like 5k each...and last for 30 minutes.

Also another thing you may want to invest in, Increase HP potions, I use them on my hwiz on lower TI and had more HP then the tanks.

Also in terms of potions and their efficiency, perhaps invest in a fish in mouth, or snowier carded accessories.

well i already know that stuff, i'm just putting a voice to new players that are too afraid to speak up :P

anyways, point is, in TIs, you gotta rely on a group effort to survive. sure you can solo the mobs from Ti in their actual maps if you want but that's gonna take so much longer and much more resources and not to mention how boring it will be to lvl by yourself.

anyways, my perspective is for new players who have maybe just enough to pay for a trans/3rd class? which is.. 1.5m for trans, 7 mil if you're paying for a reset stone cuz you dont wanna use your badges so you can get glorious ring and stuff.

and all your suggestion was great up until fish in mouth which cost like... 400m now? not to mention how rare it is to find a seller.

#150 Banjo03

Banjo03

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Glorious tears from rudolf users incoming. :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users