New Throw Kunai formula? - Page 3 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Throw Kunai formula?

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#51 GreatMajah

GreatMajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

ive been playing the same character since ninja class came out... just one single ninja... and now they have made that character pointless... all the time and money ive put into this game and its all wasted now...

+1

These stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID yes men at Gravity. When will you morons finally tell Korea that their version of the game does not necessarily apply to the "western" players? OH YEAH, thats right. Its been EIGHT FRELLING YEARS and you're still doing it.

I could see if it was a real nerf. This isn't a nerf. They broke the skill, plain and simple.

Nice job, pinheads. Oh well, I guess that'll free up a character slot. It was already hell to level that kagerou, now its simply murder and there's no point continuing.

#52 gicko

gicko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal- Chaos

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

lol, I want to refund my 2 week remaining VIP (IF I CAN) lol, leveling kag/ob is waaaay harder now and i hope that they revert back the AoE of KE plssss? All of the 3 main skills of Kunai ninjas are nerfed and its waaay more balanced than other classes primary skills

Edited by gicko, 03 April 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#53 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

i think a more pressing problem is that Ninjas now lack a skill to level with.
throw Kunai was a last resort with magic being double nerfed in renewal.
RIP ninjas. I hate the sound of more loyal players quitting.

#54 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Indeed, the TK nerf was needed but 1/10 just made the skill completely useless.

KE and SP being nerfed is the worrisome thing. It's way too hard to be useful now.

I am glad I made this Kagerou into WoE Support.

#55 shpongled

shpongled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Swirling petals damage has been reduced went from a respectable (But not by any means good) 40k damage on spores to 25k. Meaning your screwed at he early levels.

uhhhhh.... last i checked, spores dont have 40k hp :heh:

all joking aside though, does this mean that all STR based aoe attacks as kagaru have become useless now? or is the class still worth making? (i got a 90 ninja that im debating on deleting or finishing).

imo if they were going to do this nerf, they shouldve rebalanced Magic builds and put some new magic boosting items in game for ninjas. our options for mATK bonus gear is really abysmal

#56 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Soooo I was going to make a +12 RWC dagger to card my drake into. GUESS THATS PRETTY POINTLESS NOW
Even though I haven't been playing I've been keeping my eyes out for K/O gear, +9 Spell enchant baz, +12 RWC, MVP cards, Bryn, Quad kingbird dagger. Good enchanted RWC accessories.... I even got a +9 WoE set. I was almost ready to start playing again. I had the perfect setup

uhhhhh.... last i checked, spores dont have 40k hp :heh:

all joking aside though, does this mean that all STR based aoe attacks as kagaru have become useless now? or is the class still worth making? (i got a 90 ninja that im debating on deleting or finishing).

imo if they were going to do this nerf, they shouldve rebalanced Magic builds and put some new magic boosting items in game for ninjas. our options for mATK bonus gear is really abysmal

I was so let down that there wasn't a single offensive magic skill on K/O. Like really?!! Theres over 50 magic skill points in ninja class and 0 on k/o?

Edited by Scuba, 03 April 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#57 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

yeah im not even bothering anymore... im just afking in Amatsu... and guess how many ninja k/o im seeing... not very many...

#58 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Wait... This actually makes me sad the more I think about it. K/O was the first potentially good thing to be implemented since renewal and now its no good :(

I know its silly like I don't even play but I was kinda hoping one day I would come back and play some kickass K/O character. Like the more I think about it it was kinda the whole point of my decision to play again.
I've waited to see how things blow over with them. Pros and Cons and all that. Turns out they just got Con'd

I like playing niche characters that would make people go O.O you can do that? I mained Soul Linker Pre-renewal, and Ive even cleared PvP on ninja before they even had Kagerou. It was funny to see such a lil guy taking out 3rd class. All gone

Edited by Scuba, 03 April 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#59 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

im right there with ya... ive been only playing one character (my ninja) since ninja class came out... and now my choices are play this gimped excuse for a class, play another class, or most likely find another game to play...its sad that its come down to this... theyre acting like Throw kunai was some huge game breaking skill when in reality its slower and does alot less damage than GoH does and the gears we can use are all weak compared to the gears of other classes... its not like K/O classes are taking over the whole game and ruining woe and pvp and whatnot... hell even SC use rapid throw better than k/o do... magic is weak, kunai is weak, KS is kinda a joke now, RT needs stupid stat point distribution to be effective (and its expensive as hell) Huuma skills are weak, and most of the illusion skills are not even worth mentioning... way to introduce a class and kill it all within the first few months of its existence.... it makes me want to punch somebody in the mouth... hard... hard enough to relocate their jaw.... out the back of their friggan skull... once my VIP runs out im done with this game.... and im advising everybody else to do the same.... there are hundreds of games out there that are far better handled... i know a few other paying customers who are leaving with me...

#60 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

At least they did a nice job on the sprite...

#61 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

yeah except the alt colors...

#62 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

10k damage to 2500 on stapos, really??? And can they even bother to put a formula out to see if there is anyway to get the damage up? No!
I don't complain in forums because I think it's pointless, RO is at the point where priorities are: 95% let's get money and 5% make a game that everyone will enjoy. They forget that if they have no costumers they won't get any money. Perfect example is the 4 different kafra shop boxes that come out every month.

i know a few other paying customers who are leaving with me...

I started by not renewing my VIP, next step, sadly, will be to find another game, only have a few friends that still play and they only WoE or do ET.

#63 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

I don't know why I even bothered to come back to this game. They are still running it as moronic as ever. That's like buying a brand new car just to destroy it. Why introduce a class and make it complete trash? Why waste the time and effort to bring something new to the game if you just plan to destroy it and make it a joke right out of the gate?

There is absolutely 0 reason to play ninjas or this game for that matter. I'm out again. I'm just glad this all happened before I get paid tomorrow. You just saved me quite a bit of money Gravity, thanks.

#64 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

I was considering making a ninja for fun, and not that motivation is out the window.

I said it on several threads already but why is there no damn feedback thread for all of these stupid chamges. Are they afraid of hearing more people rage or something? As much as I love this game, it's getting so hard to play when we're being forced to follow in the footsteps of kRO, while they're not paying any sort of attention to how the playerbase over here might be.

What upsets me more is that iRO obviously have some control over skills, but they're seemingly not willing to say, "hey, this doesn't seem right." isntead they apply that power to disabling skills left and right because of people using exploits, and not getting around to actually fix them.

I have the utmost respect for the GM team, but come on.

#65 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

if they were going to nerf the AoE on KE then they should have made it single target and not ground target.... there is no way i hell youre going to hit any fast moving monsters... its really a joke to call it an AoE anymore.... the dmage is decent but it doesnt matter when monsters can walk a step to the left and be out of range of the blast... its less of an explosion and more of a pop... none of these nerfs make any sense AT ALL... and i love how the GMs just kinda weep the whole thing under the rug... not one comment at all... all because ninja players are a niche class of players...

#66 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

if they were going to nerf the AoE on KE then they should have made it single target and not ground target.... there is no way i hell youre going to hit any fast moving monsters... its really a joke to call it an AoE anymore.... the dmage is decent but it doesnt matter when monsters can walk a step to the left and be out of range of the blast... its less of an explosion and more of a pop... none of these nerfs make any sense AT ALL... and i love how the GMs just kinda weep the whole thing under the rug... not one comment at all... all because ninja players are a niche class of players...

I used to see more people actively playing Ninja that playing performers.

#67 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

theyve started deleting my comments on FB and the forums... starting to feel like they care less and less about this game in general let alone the community... but i will NOT stop fighting for the ninja class... my whole guild is ninja class... they are all suffering and i cant let this go on.... even if i get banned from the forums i will continue to drive this issue... i have nothing else to do...ive spend most of the last X amount of years (when did ninja class come out?) playing this game 4-12 hours a day 4-7 days a week.... now that i cant play properly i have nothing to do but fight for ninja justice...

#68 Sesshoseki

Sesshoseki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Wow. just wow. I take a 2month break to come back and find my ninja is gimped. Was bad enough when renewal hit now this happens. I love my ninja hell I had made a few when I started iro(13 lol) but now this just blows. I miss the days I use to mvp with nix on my ninja outside of south pront with a magic type. Oh well I guess its time to retire Oni Kaze again. Way to ruin the class I liked the most out of my roster.

#69 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

i know this thread has generated alot of QQ posts, but the original question still has not been answered yet, what is the new throw kunai forumula????
if this balance patch has been out on kro for over a year already, i am sure one of the kro ragnarok fansites should have figured it out by now. Could someone who knows korean, find out please? thank you <3

#70 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

its prolly based on something stupid now like luck or level of shuriken throwing mastered....

#71 GreatMajah

GreatMajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

I said it on several threads already but why is there no damn feedback thread for all of these stupid chamges. Are they afraid of hearing more people rage or something?

No, they're too busy with their lips firmly attached to Gravity Korea's hindquarters. Its always been Korea says "Jump", the Automatons here in the "west" say "How high?".

#72 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Well, I could give you guys a simple answer. kRo recieved all this patch during nov 2011~ dec 2011. ever since then, no changes have made into the game at all apart from including "all expanded classed" upon release of new gears. Unless iRo decides to create their own balancing patch, which will draw LOT MORE PLAYER IF THEY DID, current ninja will stay with 3x3 aoe Kunai Explosion, and Throw kunai with no atk modifier(core problem was that they were still using modifiers and fomula from pre-renewal with the change of how elemental dmg and dmg spliting formula was so they had to forcefully dumb down the kunai formula).

#73 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

ive sent out my first (of possibly many) Emails to kRO about this... i sent it in both english and korean just to be safe...

#74 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

ive sent out my first (of possibly many) Emails to kRO about this... i sent it in both english and korean just to be safe...

well. we(as kro players) have tried multiple ways of "contacting" them. never worked at all. for almost 2 years. thats why i was playing kage in iro cause kunai wasnt nerfed for a bit. it was enjoyable for a while but i knew it coming. kinda sad. if you are familiar with my guide or post, i embraced a lot about how Kunai Explosion gets nerfed and stuff.

Edited by CharAznable, 04 April 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#75 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

i will spam them so hard they will either reply or shut us down... i would rather burn the server down than deal with this insane nonsense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users