83 replies to this topic

#76 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I notice that as well but u have to agree that if u take out those 24 extra mats the normal gather which sometime get u 2 item will give u related profession stuff instead of one of those extra 24 mats, same things for the aided gathers. beside those extra 24 items is a waste of space and the misc inventory only have 24 spot and once those are fill u can lose item if u don't pay attention especially people that afk while gathering.

I agree with you on the inventory issue. However, as for getting more mats, that's not really the case. A normal gather gives the character just 1 mat. That hasn't changed. When the event ends, then we'll be receiving at most 1 item from a normal gather once again. Also, notice that when you receive 4 items from an aided gather (lucky spot or not), 3 of those items will always be mats while only 1 is an ingredient. I have NEVER seen a case where I received 2 ingredients at the same gather. That is because they are slated as bonus items. They are pretty common bonus items since they show up on most failed gathers, concealing the frequency of those failed gathers, but they are bonus items nonetheless.

#77 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

I notice that as well but u have to agree that if u take out those 24 extra mats the normal gather which sometime get u 2 item will give u related profession stuff instead of one of those extra 24 mats, same things for the aided gathers. beside those extra 24 items is a waste of space and the misc inventory only have 24 spot and once those are fill u can lose item if u don't pay attention especially people that afk while gathering.

I agree with you on the inventory issue. However, as for getting more mats, that's not really the case. A normal gather gives the character just 1 mat. That hasn't changed. When the event ends, then we'll be receiving at most 1 item from a normal gather once again. Also, notice that when you receive 4 items from an aided gather (lucky spot or not), 3 of those items will always be mats while only 1 is an ingredient. I have NEVER seen a case where I received 2 ingredients at the same gather. That is because they are slated as bonus items. They are pretty common bonus items since they show up on most failed gathers, concealing the frequency of those failed gathers, but they are bonus items nonetheless.

Basically put once this recipe events over, we'll see the full extent of professions new gathering system. :)

#78 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Basically put once this recipe events over, we'll see the full extent of professions new gathering system. :)

Yep. Right now, I can only gather on one char, and that's really annoying. I have chars with Lv 3+ gathering skills who can't use them because of their limited inventories. I wish I made more chars during the THQ days when they started with 40-slot invos. :p_sick:

#79 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

This is all assuming that the "bonus" items collected while gathering are actually tied to the current recipe event. For all we know, the developers added those items as a way to "fool" the player into thinking the success rate of gathering had increased, building off of what Charles was pointing out -- perhaps they won't simply be removed once the event ends.

#80 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

when will this events end they never mention anything about it in the patch notes?

#81 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

This is all assuming that the "bonus" items collected while gathering are actually tied to the current recipe event. For all we know, the developers added those items as a way to "fool" the player into thinking the success rate of gathering had increased, building off of what Charles was pointing out -- perhaps they won't simply be removed once the event ends.

I will NOTbuy invo expansions just to accommodate NPC fodder. I would be fine with keeping the food items as drops, but the ingredients are pretty much pure NPC fodder. It's true that you can cook them, but, with the exception of Spider Stews and Grilled Baby Dragons, the buff foods aren't really worth the effort and space.

#82 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

I will NOTbuy invo expansions just to accommodate NPC fodder. I would be fine with keeping the food items as drops, but the ingredients are pretty much pure NPC fodder. It's true that you can cook them, but, with the exception of Spider Stews and Grilled Baby Dragons, the buff foods aren't really worth the effort and space.

Two? I'm at max Misc. inventory size with at least 20-30 free spaces (It's about halfway full) and leaving my dude fishing afk for a short while takes quite a few spaces. This event will end and these item drops will go away. The misc. items interfere with experience, fatigue, and durability anyways.

#83 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Please remove the ingredient drops during tonight's maintenance. I beg of you....

#84 Fredtehsalvi

Fredtehsalvi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationPort Of Winds

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Also put back the Elga weps element exchange! Ty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users