83 replies to this topic

#26 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

i was just wondering when the trade function for the production is fix how would that work. what I mean by this is that in the old profession the lvl 3 and 4 mat. that are gather can be turn to a lvl 3,4,5 and 6 after process and in this new profession the lvl 3 and 4 gather mat are more common and it doesn't equal the value to the mat in the old profession. I have a lot of lvl 3 and 4 gather mat and if those are treated as the lvl 3 and 4 mat in this new profession when traded, it be a rip off. Edit: I cant accept the trade off for the old un process mat. lvl 3-4 to the new mat in the new profession, the value for those 2 are not the same. like I said when process the old mat can give u a chance to get lvl 3-6 but in the new profession the lvl 3 and 4 are easier to get and those does not equal the value of the old one.

Edited by dango, 05 April 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#27 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

A question: Is it just me or did this latest "fix" update remove the element Elga weapon exchange from the game? I've checked the Gwen NPC in PoW and Kazeura and neither of them have element Elga weapons available on my end. The Dark Soul-->element weapon exchange is available, but not the Elga-->element Elga exchange.

Is this an intended change, and if so, what exactly is being done with regards to elements and these weapons? Obviously, removing the exchange and providing no new way for players to obtain them is going to create further imbalance in PvP.

#28 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

Why do you all sitll hold on, its dead jim.

#29 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Getting Grade 2 mats (new) for both Grade 1 and 2 mats (old) was not very satisying. Getting Grade 3 mats (new) for Grade 3 mats (old) was even worse. But what's done is done, I suppose.

Anyway, I think it would be nice if all the Useless mats (Lumber, Weed, etc.) were removed as drops from the lucky spots, if not all the gathering spots. It's bad enough that the drop rate of Grade 6 mats is extremely low from all spots and that we're getting drops for recipes which weren't useful even during the THQ days -- getting pure NPC fodder 10% of the time is just ridiculous. Either give the Useless mats another use or remove them completely as drops. Personally, I would prefer if we could trade them in to Midas for Grade 5/6 mats. That idea is probably not going to be entertained, but I have nothing to lose in mentioning it. =P

Why do you all sitll hold on, its dead jim.

Whether you're right or you're wrong is irrelevant. I find this game much more enjoyable than the rest of the crappy games being released right now. Just because a billion people like clicking on a mob and spending the next minute watching their avatar fight that mob while their index finger rests on their potion hotkey does NOT mean that such is fun -- it just means that there are at least a billion lazy people in the world.

#30 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

Whether you're right or you're wrong is irrelevant. I find this game much more enjoyable than the rest of the crappy games being released right now. Just because a billion people like clicking on a mob and spending the next minute watching their avatar fight that mob while their index finger rests on their potion hotkey does NOT mean that such is fun -- it just means that there are at least a billion lazy people in the world.

If you believe it or not, there are actually non-tab target games out there that are F2P and are actually fun as well.

DS isn't a bad game in itself. Gravity just makes questionable decisions, that take away the features that made this game what it is (F7 mode, the pally/ninja-flavour of the month/year/5eva thing, the element attack debacle, stealth nerfs and a lot more).

#31 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Getting Grade 2 mats (new) for both Grade 1 and 2 mats (old) was not very satisying. Getting Grade 3 mats (new) for Grade 3 mats (old) was even worse. But what's done is done, I suppose.

Anyway, I think it would be nice if all the Useless mats (Lumber, Weed, etc.) were removed as drops from the lucky spots, if not all the gathering spots. It's bad enough that the drop rate of Grade 6 mats is extremely low from all spots and that we're getting drops for recipes which weren't useful even during the THQ days -- getting pure NPC fodder 10% of the time is just ridiculous. Either give the Useless mats another use or remove them completely as drops. Personally, I would prefer if we could trade them in to Midas for Grade 5/6 mats. That idea is probably not going to be entertained, but I have nothing to lose in mentioning it. =P

the only reason the drop rate is low because they added the non related mat to gathering, if those are remove the drop rate will go up because the gathering will only focus on the related profession mats.

#32 TzOverTime

TzOverTime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

is there going to be a new profession guide?
im not able to get over 199 to 200 so i can have lvl3 farm...
if not a full guide then at least tell me what to do for getting to the next stage...

#33 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Is your character the right level? Pretty sure the new professions system still abides by the old rules regarding what level your character has to be to get to the next profession level (the level required increases every 100 profession points, at 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500).

#34 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

just get your character to lvl 50 and u don't have to worry about it, unless this update change the requirement lvl for profession or a bug.

#35 Luckyin

Luckyin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

if not a full guide then at least tell me what to do for getting to the next stage...

if im not mistaken,
what it used to be is

100 area = req lvl 20
200 area = req lvl 25
300 area = req lvl 30
400 area = req lvl 40
500 area = req lvl 50

about the new profession guide, I personally think it's not necessary
just have to check the tomes in "item production" from the NPC Midas and
you can get the idea what are needed to mke them

#36 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

There is no need for a new guide. The old guides would suffice, providing that one ignores everything about processing. As for your issue, if you hover your cursor over the icon of your related skill, then the tooltip should tell you that you're lacking the necessary character level to increase the cap on your profession exp.

#37 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

By the way, the latest patch did not fix the bug with the Easter Event pets. When an Easter Event pet tries to auto-attack, the game client crashes. Not everyone can afford the Car pets, so it would be really awesome if this bug could be fixed.

#38 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Pretty sure that bug is occurring for all pets with Auto Attack as a skill, not just Easter pets. Car pets have the Auto Attack skill too. It's a toggle skill so you should be able to set it so your pet doesn't attack to prevent the crashing. Car pets can be set this way, too.

#39 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

after months of waiting the market search is finally fixed.

#40 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Pretty sure that bug is occurring for all pets with Auto Attack as a skill, not just Easter pets. Car pets have the Auto Attack skill too. It's a toggle skill so you should be able to set it so your pet doesn't attack to prevent the crashing. Car pets can be set this way, too.

I wasn't aware that the bug existed for all pets. That's even worse. Anyway, turning the skill off isn't the problem; the problem is that I want the skill activated. I find the skill very useful in certain situations.

#41 g1327866192

g1327866192

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Locationsecond to the right, and straight on till morning
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

after months of waiting the market search is finally fixed.

it's better but not fixed. just tried it out

#42 kenken12

kenken12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

proffession is waaaaaay, slower now, tho its gotten simpler, its gotten waaaaaay slow, because previouse proffession, while you gather you can also process, you can do 2 things at the same time, now, everything is in 1 long afk mode, with alot of crap interfering with gathering.,. before this proffession changes i can manufacture 20-30 card boxes a day, and now, 2days to gather 10-15 card boxes.... waaayy slow, just to let you guys know how the new system of proffesison is going...

Edited by kenken12, 08 April 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#43 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

proffession is waaaaaay, slower now, tho its gotten simpler, its gotten waaaaaay slow, because previouse proffession, while you gather you can also process, you can do 2 things at the same time, now, everything is in 1 long afk mode, with alot of crap interfering with gathering.,. before this proffession changes i can manufacture 20-30 card boxes a day, and now, 2days to gather 10-15 card boxes.... waaayy slow, just to let you guys know how the new system of proffesison is going...

for me it faster and I don't have to spend time going back and forth in myhome to put stuff in machine. it feel slow to u cause u not getting lvl 5-6 at a higher rate due to the non related profession stuff being gather and interfering with the drop rate. if they remove the non related stuff the drop rate will go up.

Edited by dango, 09 April 2013 - 12:42 AM.

#44 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

I don't see how taking out a step put that could take anywhere between 1.5minutes to an hour could possible make new Proffessions slower, there's no down time.

Edited by StormHaven, 09 April 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#45 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

I don't see how taking out a step put that could take anywhere between 1.5minutes to an hour could possible make new Proffessions slower, there's no down time.

Well there is one thing:

The shared fatigue bar for both gathering and production. Originally there were separate fatigue bars for these things. Now it's shared by both.

Gathering drains at the same rate being 10 per time gathering (1 time using your gathering tool) but productions takes a large chunk each time (1000ish when i make oil or socket card boxes per time). So if you wanna level cooking, you're limited to so much experience a day cause you're gonna drain the entire fatigue bar just to gain X number of experience.

If anything, leveling the production skills (Cooking, Alchemy, etc.) have become slower in a sense but gathering skills itself have remained unchanged. This must be to compensate for the 2nd step, which was the most time consuming, being removed.

#46 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Well there is one thing:

The shared fatigue bar for both gathering and production. Originally there were separate fatigue bars for these things. Now it's shared by both.

Gathering drains at the same rate being 10 per time gathering (1 time using your gathering tool) but productions takes a large chunk each time (1000ish when i make oil or socket card boxes per time). So if you wanna level cooking, you're limited to so much experience a day cause you're gonna drain the entire fatigue bar just to gain X number of experience.

If anything, leveling the production skills (Cooking, Alchemy, etc.) have become slower in a sense but gathering skills itself have remained unchanged. This must be to compensate for the 2nd step, which was the most time consuming, being removed.

that why we have alt for a reason use one to gather and the other to produce simple as that. u can use the whole bar to gather or the whole bar to produce so lvling the skill is faster if u know how to use your fatigue and alt at the same time. the only problem I see with this new profession update is those 24 useless item that added in gathering that have nothing to do with profession. if those are removed the drop rate of the gather mat will increase.

Edited by dango, 09 April 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#47 Buckcherry

Buckcherry

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

what a dev time totally wasted, changing something that already works. Just dont ve sense.......

#48 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Now if only they'd revert some of stealth Proffession nerfs.

Edited by StormHaven, 09 April 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#49 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

that why we have alt for a reason use one to gather and the other to produce simple as that. u can use the whole bar to gather or the whole bar to produce so lvling the skill is faster if u know how to use your fatigue and alt at the same time. the only problem I see with this new profession update is those 24 useless item that added in gathering that have nothing to do with profession. if those are removed the drop rate of the gather mat will increase.

I've always been too lazy to have an alt except for the seperate professions. If I need a miner, I'll have a miner. But not everyone uses separate characters with professions. My fishing and cooking are already @ the 300+ area together, so making an alt that does nothing but produce will be very time consuming. However it's not a major problem, using a whole day to gather hundreds if not thousands of items then waiting for a bar to fill to use em all isn't bad.

Like you said if those other useless misc items from the event were removed. I'd have a much easier time.

Edited by Coolsam, 09 April 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#50 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I've always been too lazy to have an alt except for the seperate professions. If I need a miner, I'll have a miner. But not everyone uses separate characters with professions. My fishing and cooking are already @ the 300+ area together, so making an alt that does nothing but produce will be very time consuming. However it's not a major problem, using a whole day to gather hundreds if not thousands of items then waiting for a bar to fill to use em all isn't bad.

Like you said if those other useless misc items from the event were removed. I'd have a much easier time.

tell me how is it time consuming when u done gather on one character, and after u done u can just send the item over to the other character to produce, with this new profession processing is already done for u after u gather which save time, so it just gather, mail then produce. After u max out the production skill lvl u can use that character to gather so u can lvl it gathering skill. it not hard to afk when u gathering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users