Will this be Region Locked? - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Will this be Region Locked?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#101 iamDNL

iamDNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

It's almost CB now guys! Client isn't up though :(((((

#102 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

It's almost CB now guys! Client isn't up though :(((((

Three more days. Let's start a countdown to people getting disappointed in 3...2...1...

#103 silverogre

silverogre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

True. But still, they said on their FB page that for "services" functions so does that mean other region can still play without cash shops and stuff? :?

I hope that is it, because we here can still play RO1 from warpportal.

#104 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

I hope that is it, because we here can still play RO1 from warpportal.

I don't mind playing with services ripped of on me as long as I can play the game it's fine, right? :
)

#105 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

So their official stance went from

Posted Image

to

"Officially we are North America, Europe, Oceania. Places that we do have to limit access is Brazil, and SEA territories. If you are blocked though that is a fair indication that there is someone that wants you to play on their soon to announce server."

Other regions that's not mentioned are neither limited or supported and may subject to change in the future.

#106 mitxgg

mitxgg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationUnknown
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

This thread is answered. Go to RO2 facebook to check the latest post.

#107 DHeartz

DHeartz

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Posted Image

#108 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Posted Image

This made my day.

#109 RonRawn

RonRawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

This made my day.

Ph will blocked ryt?

#110 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

Ph will blocked ryt?

I think not on the Beta days. Except for the service. But after Beta maybe they will block PH. At least a try of the game will be nice. Again.

#111 RonRawn

RonRawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

I think not on the Beta days. Except for the service. But after Beta maybe they will block PH. At least a try of the game will be nice. Again.

Okay, i really want to play this game And ofc i can use vpn but if my account will be block that will force me to quit.

#112 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

Okay, i really want to play this game And ofc i can use vpn but if my account will be block that will force me to quit.

You are welcome to try. No one doesn't want you to do that. Lol.

#113 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

True. But still, they said on their FB page that for "services" functions so does that mean other region can still play without cash shops and stuff? :?

Probably not. Think of it this way: Warpportal NEEDS the cash shop to make money and fund itself, they'd be foolish to let in a bunch of players who could never possibly give them any money. It's just bad business.

#114 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Probably not. Think of it this way: Warpportal NEEDS the cash shop to make money and fund itself, they'd be foolish to let in a bunch of players who could never possibly give them any money. It's just bad business.

I think, and this is just a shot in the dark, that when it comes to "services" you can probably play and buy things in the shop if you have a credit card, but they can't take your currency so you'd have to pay paypal or whatever a conversion fee, and you probably can't get official support by email or for things as a direct result of being where you are.

That's just my theory though.

#115 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

I never played for games before so I don't feel you much guys..

#116 tekkenshu7

tekkenshu7

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

And so the official announcement has finally been released: SEA will be included in those blocked IPs. (Probably Philippines will also be included in the blocked list)

I'm from the Philippines and though it is saddening that SEA will be blocked it is actually understandable since SEA should have been covered by PlayPark. It is also actually understandable why Philippines was blocked in RO2SEA since LevelUP games should/will be the one providing RO2 to our region (hope they get to implement it soon). But anyway, we will all get to play this game eventually - no use complaining, I'm pretty much busy at work nowadays anyway.

Edited by tekkenshu7, 15 April 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#117 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

And so the official announcement has finally been released: SEA will be included in those blocked IPs. (Probably Philippines will also be included in the blocked list)

I'm from the Philippines and though it is saddening that SEA will be blocked it is actually understandable since SEA should have been covered by PlayPark. It is also actually understandable why Philippines was blocked in RO2SEA since LevelUP games should/will be the one providing RO2 to our region (hope they get to implement it soon). But anyway, we will all get to play this game eventually - no use complaining, I'm pretty much busy at work nowadays anyway.

Sigh LU..

Home of corrupt and poor company staff and owners..

#118 tekkenshu7

tekkenshu7

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Sigh LU..

Home of corrupt and poor company staff and owners..

Well they're not all bad but yeah, they really didn't do anything new in their game administration.
Everything got pretty boring after some time and I actually forgot about pRO and joined a private server after (that was almost a decade now).
I actually wish they didn't carry the RO game (wish there was another company that did), now we'll have to wait for them to bring the game to us again and we'll be feeding from their hands again soon :(

#119 mitxgg

mitxgg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationUnknown
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

One thing that i'll never understand from Gravity is that why do they even have so many distributors in the first place, and if so why IP block some regions. Shouldn't players have the freedom of choosing which region to play in? The idea of IP blocking some region just because of another rival company hosting the same game at that particular region is just stupid. Sometimes companies just like to f--- games up for profit's sake and players will certainly not want to play that game. Not because the game sucks but because of the company hosting it. A perfect example would be seaRO2.

#120 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

Well they're not all bad but yeah, they really didn't do anything new in their game administration.
Everything got pretty boring after some time and I actually forgot about pRO and joined a private server after (that was almost a decade now).
I actually wish they didn't carry the RO game (wish there was another company that did), now we'll have to wait for them to bring the game to us again and we'll be feeding from their hands again soon :(

That just makes the quote "Enjoy the little things." Cause the big ones might not come. Or better yet. Ignore you. Lol. Anywho, let's just wait for our respective servers in our regions. Like we can do anything about it.

#121 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

For those players who play from countries IP banned from playing RO2 can use the following methods to bypass IP ban and enjoy the game.

The basic principle behind this method is to make use of VPN.

You can use the famous VPN Hotspotshield to play but many people who used it complained of Lag.

So the best way is to use WTFast. WTFast is specially made for gaming purposes and comes under a free 30 day trial period for which you have to register with your e-mail id.

But in Trial version you will be disconnected for every 20 minutes if you use your email and password to log in.

So in theory this should work, we'd just need someone from SEA to try it out.

#122 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

For those players who play from countries IP banned from playing RO2 can use the following methods to bypass IP ban and enjoy the game.

The basic principle behind this method is to make use of VPN.

You can use the famous VPN Hotspotshield to play but many people who used it complained of Lag.

So the best way is to use WTFast. WTFast is specially made for gaming purposes and comes under a free 30 day trial period for which you have to register with your e-mail id.

But in Trial version you will be disconnected for every 20 minutes if you use your email and password to log in.

So in theory this should work, we'd just need someone from SEA to try it out.

Not worth the risk, I bet WP will ban people using VPN/proxy/whatever to bypass their block.

#123 silverogre

silverogre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

Not bad at all? Man, you need to pay to post in levelUP forum. And i dont want to pay monthly fee for something F2P outside my country.
I know it is not mandatory to pay monthly fee, but i just dont want to stay in a server full of gold spammers and hackers because we are into free server, while paied server is all shiny, clean and sweet.
Even TERA is F2P Now. TERA. Maybe the best mmo made so far.
LevelUP is going to charge for this? yeah, right...

One thing that i'll never understand from Gravity is that why do they even have so many distributors in the first place, and if so why IP block some regions. Shouldn't players have the freedom of choosing which region to play in? The idea of IP blocking some region just because of another rival company hosting the same game at that particular region is just stupid. Sometimes companies just like to f--- games up for profit's sake and players will certainly not want to play that game. Not because the game sucks but because of the company hosting it. A perfect example would be seaRO2.

They are not Rival companies, i think. They are partners =/

That just makes the quote "Enjoy the little things." Cause the big ones might not come. Or better yet. Ignore you. Lol. Anywho, let's just wait for our respective servers in our regions. Like we can do anything about it.

Lu? like i said before, NEVER in my life.

#124 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

im so lucky i live in canada>_>

#125 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

lol down for a week after beta....... That just makes me sad haha. I thought they would simply go from open beta > launch and fix things as times went on unless a major bug was found =(.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users