Anyone here from other versions? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Anyone here from other versions?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Share here your experiences in the other versions of Ragnarok 2 (LoTS), and also give tips to new players. xD

I'll start off. I played KR since like 5 or 6 months ago, but didn't play much on there. I witnessed the Noel race release, but had issues with the quests and ended up bailing on it.

I then went to SEA version since its CB, and played a Swordman to about 24. I got so bored of the delay and the slow class (planned to go Knight), that I bailed on that too and waited patiently for RO2 NA (Warpportal).

Soon enough I'll get to play with no delay, and I can't wait.

What version(s) have you played, and how far did you get? Do you have any tips for new players to the game?

#2 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Well the only version of RO2 i played was the SEARO2, and i reached lvl 40 and then i stopped due to the delay on the game :/ Now i have returned to the WarpPortal version to see if they can do better :p_sad:

#3 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server::LOtS - Odin

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Keep your fingers crossed, Remuss, I know I am. We can't assume the game's gonna suck just because Asiasoft/Playpark botched the SEA release. *huggles* :p_hi:

#4 urghh

urghh

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

i played SEA, i stuck through all the bs delays and got to 50... i played a monk/chef and was main tank most of the time... i was able to do all raids in hard mode... but the delay eventually got too unbearable so i quit.

#5 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Most likely the WarpPortal one would be better, SEARO2 made so many mistakes like amount of channels, CD on skills, the delay and many more which i wont list :p_swt:

#6 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I have a tip. USE DAT CHARA SYSTEM. Free experience and zeny? Yes please!

Also, there are quite a few less than useful skills in RO2, so ask around in the forum for build as well as stat suggestions!

#7 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm just hoping they don't nerf sorcs like they did in the SEA version. They made us pretty much useless, ALOT of people were upset and flaming the facebook page hardcore. Lost my love for it after they screwed us. -____-; :sob:

#8 iamDNL

iamDNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I have played SEARO2, Level 50 Sorcerer.Well it's fun doing raid in RO2 especially the level 50 raids.
Level progression is entirely quest based. Gears are attainable through craft or tokens (there is 1 token for 1 piece of armor e.g glove token can be exchanged for gloves. LOL.) which is why it's not that hard to gear up in the game. BTW don't miss out the free for all pvp the gears you get from the pvp points are extremely strong so prepare urselves to pawn your fellow players. Kafras are hot too :P

#9 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm just hoping they don't nerf sorcs like they did in the SEA version. They made us pretty much useless, ALOT of people were upset and flaming the facebook page hardcore. Lost my love for it after they screwed us. -____-; :sob:

Looking at how the Sea Version of RO2 nerfed the Sorc, there is chance they will do it here just not as bad as the SEARO2 did :p_ang:

#10 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Looking at how the Sea Version of RO2 nerfed the Sorc, there is chance they will do it here just not as bad as the SEARO2 did :p_ang:

In a way, it is kind of sad that in kRO2 sorcs replaced priests in almost every situation, so I definitely don't mind a minor bit of nerfing to bring balance back. I think that priests have a better chance at higher single target heals, while sorcs were preferred for everything because of their superior party heals. Even in a WoE situation, sorcs would probably still be preferred. A little rebalancing with moderation would be nice so you priests don't feel unneeded.

#11 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

In a way, it is kind of sad that in kRO2 sorcs replaced priests in almost every situation, so I definitely don't mind a minor bit of nerfing to bring balance back. I think that priests have a better chance at higher single target heals, while sorcs were preferred for everything because of their superior party heals. Even in a WoE situation, sorcs would probably still be preferred. A little rebalancing with moderation would be nice so you priests don't feel unneeded.

I agree with that much, yes. But Sorcs should be able to keep their heel. Perhaps a little 'buffing up' of the Priests's skills/percentages would seem more feasible. Priest class still has actual buffs that are quite useful, things that Sorcs can't do. I wouldn't call them unneeded, but yes. A little tweaking and balancing would be in order. But I did like being able to do decent backup heals during dungeon runs. *le sigh* :hmm:

#12 iamDNL

iamDNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Sorcerers should have more summon skills rather than heal skills. That'd be way cooler.

#13 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Share here your experiences in the other versions of Ragnarok 2 (LoTS), and also give tips to new players. xD

I'll start off. I played KR since like 5 or 6 months ago, but didn't play much on there. I witnessed the Noel race release, but had issues with the quests and ended up bailing on it.

I then went to SEA version since its CB, and played a Swordman to about 24. I got so bored of the delay and the slow class (planned to go Knight), that I bailed on that too and waited patiently for RO2 NA (Warpportal).

Soon enough I'll get to play with no delay, and I can't wait.

What version(s) have you played, and how far did you get? Do you have any tips for new players to the game?

I played both KR and SEA RO2 versions, and boy were they slow! I only stayed because I was playing with my couple at that time. I'm going to play this version because of the community.

#14 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I played in all betas of KRO2 and SEARO2 wasnt happy with SEARO due to lack of anything they even used an outdated hackshield which ppl used hacks to cheat ingame. I played Sorc,Wiz,Monk and Rangers the res cd on SEARO was 30 min so wasnt even worth it and i had maxed the skill so hoping they dont repeat. Best way to lvl is when in lvlign range use Monster quest scrolls as well as Main quests and Khara quests alot of them are dbled up so you should lvl rather fast when i started on SEARO i was 2nd to 50 in the CBT took 3 days to 50. Mind you i have been on medical leave for over a year now so not much else for me to do with my time.

Ill see ya all there

#15 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

I played in all betas of KRO2 and SEARO2 wasnt happy with SEARO due to lack of anything they even used an outdated hackshield which ppl used hacks to cheat ingame. I played Sorc,Wiz,Monk and Rangers the res cd on SEARO was 30 min so wasnt even worth it and i had maxed the skill so hoping they dont repeat. Best way to lvl is when in lvlign range use Monster quest scrolls as well as Main quests and Khara quests alot of them are dbled up so you should lvl rather fast when i started on SEARO i was 2nd to 50 in the CBT took 3 days to 50. Mind you i have been on medical leave for over a year now so not much else for me to do with my time.

Ill see ya all there

Hehe, I never bought dem monster quest scrolls. I got to lvl 50 just fine without doing the last two normal dungeons (Sandstorm and Sandarman.) I did all my Khara Quests though and sold a lot of Grooming Scratch/Poisona cards. At that time Colosseum was kind of broken and getting into a decent raid party was always a rarity, so I made a priest to kill some time and help people.

Edited by Moonlepsy, 12 April 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#16 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

I didnt get into monster scrolls myself either i knew a priest that did and he even got 50 way before i did >_< and we were in the same party for awhile

#17 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

I didnt get into monster scrolls myself either i knew a priest that did and he even got 50 way before i did >_< and we were in the same party for awhile

I can relate to that, I have a lvl 50 priest in KR RO2 and it took me like 2 - 3 days to get there. Me and a friend of mine spammed a couple of dungeons for several hours. We only did main quests and at that time Monster Scrolls were non existent.

#18 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

KRO2 was good for dungeon exp SEARO2 gave crap dungeon exp so couldnt do that there hopefully the exp in dungeons are good on IRO2 so we can do dungeons

#19 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I played SeaRO but the whole thing seemed really lazy, they changed so much stuff in it while not doing a good job at getting the game running smoothly or even translating properly.

Buffed normal mobs,Bad dungeon exp,rediculous res cooldowns,no english voice overs on a servers that advertised itself as ''The first english RO2'' and the list could go on.

#20 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

Played both kRO2 and RO2 Sea @ lv 50. Ask me any questions you have! :)

#21 Heathcliffz

Heathcliffz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationRoad of Bless

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hi,
I am new here.This is my first post too xD Have been played searo2 and went through hell to max the sin n ranger to lvl50 :D I hope the na version will be much a better version than sea. Asiasoft/playpark screwed up searo too much that it is dying now. Anyway, nice to meet u all and i wil be happy to answer any question especially about sin class. hoping to meet u guys in game!

#22 Tsujiko

Tsujiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:waiting for Ro2 launch

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

I played a while on the Sea server.... But it was awful. The lags, the position-lags, the bugs, the hackers, the rediculous changes on Monsters and skills @.@ and finally the sorcerer nerv ( just as I bought the reskill to be a hybrid -.-) Got to lvl 45

I hope Warpportals does a better job ^-^ And hopfully it's not that laggy here.

Well, see you in game ;P

#23 chigau

chigau

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Played both kRO2 and RO2 Sea @ lv 50. Ask me any questions you have! :)

Which role was more in demand at endgame, tank or healer?

#24 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Not sure because i didn't really reach end-game but i would say Tank.

#25 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Which role was more in demand at endgame, tank or healer?

Both classes are in demand. All compositions require the same amount. (Dungeons - 1 Tank 1 Healer, 3 DPS ; Raids - 2 Tanks, 2 Healers). However, there are more classes capable of tanking then there is for healing. Even a FS Sorc can't replace a Priest, whereas tanks can be played by multiple classes.

Judging from experience, I would say healers are slightly more in demand than tanks. I've been in more situations where we were missing 1 priest, than in situations where we were missing a tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users