Anyone here from other versions? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Anyone here from other versions?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 chigau

chigau

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

Judging from experience, I would say healers are slightly more in demand than tanks. I've been in more situations where we were missing 1 priest, than in situations where we were missing a tank.

I have been leaning towards a monk tank. If you had fresh start on Kr/Sea server along with everyone else, do you recall anything resembles discrimination towards a certain tanking class in dungeons? In some new games/expansions, players tend to accept nothing but the stereotypical class+role combination for awhile (i.e: Only knights tank, only priests heal, etc), until all classes which can also fullfill those roles were widely recognized. Was this the case to your experience? (I am aware of the different areas of expertise each of the four tanks are competent in)

Thanks for answering these questions.

Edited by chigau, 14 April 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#27 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

I have been leaning towards a monk tank. If you had fresh start on Kr/Sea server along with everyone else, do you recall anything resembles discrimination towards a certain tanking class in dungeons? In some new games/expansions, players tend to accept nothing but the stereotypical class+role combination for awhile (i.e: Only knights tank, only priests heal, etc), until all classes which can also fullfill those roles were widely recognized. Was this the case to your experience? (I am aware of the different areas of expertise each of the four tanks are competent in)

When it comes to tanking it's infinitly more important to pick somebody that knows what they are doing then what class they are, all of the tank classes are viable.

#28 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Which role was more in demand at endgame, tank or healer?

On any part of the game you'll see anyone asking for a Priest/Healer class. Sadly this game is very dependeny of Healers and tankers wouldn't survive that long without healer so I guess that's your answer.

#29 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

On any part of the game you'll see anyone asking for a Priest/Healer class. Sadly this game is very dependeny of Healers and tankers wouldn't survive that long without healer so I guess that's your answer.

Healing shouldn't be that big of a deal if we get the Kro sorc stats and not the sea ones, seaRo2 sorc healing is basicly nerfed by half whit LOD only healing for 11% per tick instead of 22% like it should and deluge being massivly nerfed as well.

#30 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Healing shouldn't be that big of a deal if we get the Kro sorc stats and not the sea ones, seaRo2 sorc healing is basicly nerfed by half whit LOD only healing for 11% per tick instead of 22% like it should and deluge being massivly nerfed as well.

IF we get the nerf removed. I got sucked big time when SEA version hit the nerf and I just... WTF I'm quitting this sorc then I made a new class.

#31 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

I played sea servers for abit and got several lvl50s, but didn't really play seriously since I knew WP's version would be out soon. ( Still laughing at all the people who I told who didn't believe me that itd be out april/may lol ) Just really tested out jobs, learn the dungeons so we could breeze through em, and little stuff like that so we'd be ready for WPs release :>

Just hoping that res CDs arent retarded and theres no sorc nerf. I know WP has always stuck to the kRO timers/patches/nerfs for iRO, so figured RO2 would be no different. When I saw asiasoft doing their own thing to make the game even more cash-shop dependent we didn't even consider staying if they didn't IP ban NA lol

#32 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

Got to level 50 Rogues in SEA version. Got tired of the delay and the glitch abusers.

#33 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

No, I don't think so. From Normal Dungeons (1-49) to Random Hard Dungeons (50) and to Raids, any tank is generally accepted. The only exception would be warrior tanks, as some people are weary having a warrior as main tank. As a person who mained a warrior would could main tank anything up to AoD, I sorta understand where people are coming from, since pre and fresh lv50 warriors are a little fragile compared to the others. However, I've found through experience that parties tend to give any class a chance (due to them not wanting to wait anymore for that last member xD).

The one thing you did mention that remains true throughout the game, is that "only priests can fill the healer role". Theoretically, Full Support Sorcs should be capable of healing, and thus being able to fill the role of healer. However, this has never been the case for me. Raids/Dungeons etc, the priest is generally irreplaceable.

#34 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

I played the SEA version from the moment it launched till I/we as north Americans got ip blocked T_T......*cries*. I enjoyed ragnarok 2 but the Sea version was terrible lol. The Pandora boxes ruined the gameplay imo. As for Tips for any new player I only have one thing to say.... THIS IS RAGNAROK 2 NOT 1 GET USE TO THE CHANGES!!! haha. So many people compare RO2 to RO1 and its not even close to being the same =p...

#35 Ahjussi

Ahjussi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFany's Lips

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

@Stryfe I remember you from RO2 SEA, Freyja server am I right? xD

Gonna go hardcore on this version. <.>

#36 StryfeK

StryfeK