Terri's FS priest guide for Dummies. - Page 2 - Acolyte - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terri's FS priest guide for Dummies.

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

My priority has always been cast time > HP/Damage Reduction > Heal power > everything else. Has worked for every game I've ever played, and with how RO2 works my opinion hasn't changed. lol

I know I wont be changing your oppinion at all, in most, if not all cases I'd even agree with you (though I'd personally add mana recovery to the top of the list myself) but isn't cast time sort of a moot point when all Priest/Aco healing skills out side of Heal are instant cast? Heal is a 1 second cast, meaning at Suff 5 you reduce it to a barely noticible 0.9 second cast. While yes, those 0.1 seconds add up, but the bottom line is you'd only ever see that marginal throughput increase if you were sitting there and chain healing with nothing but Heal. The only other abilities that have significant cast times are Res and Sac, and I wont bother getting into them for obvious reasons.

#27 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

I know I wont be changing your oppinion at all, in most, if not all cases I'd even agree with you (though I'd personally add mana recovery to the top of the list myself) but isn't cast time sort of a moot point when all Priest/Aco healing skills out side of Heal are instant cast? Heal is a 1 second cast, meaning at Suff 5 you reduce it to a barely noticible 0.9 second cast. While yes, those 0.1 seconds add up, but the bottom line is you'd only ever see that marginal throughput increase if you were sitting there and chain healing with nothing but Heal. The only other abilities that have significant cast times are Res and Sac, and I wont bother getting into them for obvious reasons.

Well, so far I have noticed it significantly, and i do end up having to use normal heals often in between HHs. Mostly for people not in range of the tank, ot if HH doesn't hit somebody. That fraction you're saying is barely noticeable has kept people alive. Maybe not as good with HoT vs AA or something, but for getting that cure on a person that fraction of a second faster so they didn't die waiting for me to finish a cure on another person.

My time on sea RO with my dungeon static... well lets just say they were pretty reckless ( but we finished stuff extremely fast ) . Setup had only 1 ranged person who got hit about as much if not more than the melee, and we had no sorc either so I solo healed. I noticed the occasional death happened less and fewer close calls. I've only done Dungeons so far, but I don't see a difference honestly as those raids are shelling out heavy damage and if you can't get that one heal out by that fraction of a second your party can lose some serious DPS

Edited by Terr, 26 April 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#28 Loluka

Loluka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm a bit curious, why put any into agi at all? Reno can't crit which will be our main heal. And with Aspersio we're guareented three heal crits. Wouldn't it be better to put the stats somewhere else, like vit?

#29 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

I'm a bit curious, why put any into agi at all? Reno can't crit which will be our main heal. And with Aspersio we're guareented three heal crits. Wouldn't it be better to put the stats somewhere else, like vit?

Because of Highness Heal.
Reno may be our first priority to cast, but we use Highness Heal very frequently, too.

If you were really rich and could afford to boost your agi to say.. 40%, critting HH that often would be pretty fun.
This doesn't invalidate int or int/vit builds though.

#30 Loluka

Loluka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

When using Aspersio before using HH there's a HoT that goes out, is that able to crit or are people stacking so much agi just for the initial heal?

#31 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

The HoT heals the same amount that was instantly healed, just spread out over 10 seconds.
If HH crits though, then the HoT is doubled, too.

#32 Loluka

Loluka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

That makes so much more sense now. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. :)

#33 Candywife

Candywife

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCrystal Tokyo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm new to this game, but I've been fully dedicated to healy types in any and all games I play. I just wanted you all to know how amazing this whole thread is and how excited I am to level up my priestess. Everyone here has had tons of great advice and theory and it's wonderful to see people helping newbies like me! :)

#34 Qpax

Qpax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Location黒猫のタンゴ

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm also new to game and I'll be following this guide. Thanks for sharing your experiences and advices with us *gives you strawberry flavored cookie* O(≧∇≦)O

#35 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Does Gloria affect our highness heals or our bigger heals?

#36 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

Does Gloria affect our highness heals or our bigger heals?

Nope. Gloria only affects Heal and Holy Light.
Renovatio, Highness Heal, Coluceo Heal, and Sanctuary are all instant anyway (although Sanctuary takes a moment to start up).

#37 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I'm not really sure I care about my normal heal being instant cast by a small chance vs. other heals. I think I can manage without Gloria maxed as a full support.

#38 Qpax

Qpax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Location黒猫のタンゴ

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

You can see the skill tree layed out better over here: http://www.ro2skills...okdnOqnadeAborA

Ressurection- Ok this skill. If the CD is normal like kRO2's, you want this maxed. If WP does what seaRO2 did and makes the CD riduculously long ( 30 min for max level wth ) it's not worth maxing. In the event they take the seaRO2 route with this you will be able to leave this at 1, and put the last 2 skill points into maxing Heal with 1 left over for whatever.

Very important question and thanks for making this guide. I'm level 26 priest right now and I'd like to follow your guide but the problem is is it worth giving my skill points to ressurection. It's currently level 1 and it says that I can recast this skill after 40min. So I'm guessing when maxed it will be down to 30min right? Then if it's so I'm not going to give my skill point to this and instead I'm maxing my normal heal skill. My skill disturbition currently looks like this:

Posted Image

I'm also planning to go with 40int and 40agi stats build too. So it's alright if I go with this build right? Lastly and importantly, again about ressurection, the war of emperium is coming. I hope I don't end up reseting my skills for emperium wars because current pvp and war of emperium wars will be totally different in my humble opinion and I wonder what they are preparing for us for WoE -w-''
Thanks for the answers and in meanwhile I'll max my Sacrament skill ^-^''

#39 Kuronca

Kuronca

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Does the priest use any left hand ?

#40 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Does the priest use any left hand ?

No. Only Knights and Rangers have offhand equips (Shield and Quiver).

#41 Celabot

Celabot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Very important question and thanks for making this guide. I'm level 26 priest right now and I'd like to follow your guide but the problem is is it worth giving my skill points to ressurection. It's currently level 1 and it says that I can recast this skill after 40min. So I'm guessing when maxed it will be down to 30min right? Then if it's so I'm not going to give my skill point to this and instead I'm maxing my normal heal skill.

[...]

Lastly and importantly, again about ressurection, the war of emperium is coming. I hope I don't end up reseting my skills for emperium wars because current pvp and war of emperium wars will be totally different in my humble opinion and I wonder what they are preparing for us for WoE -w-''
Thanks for the answers and in meanwhile I'll max my Sacrament skill ^-^''

Yes, Resurrection's cooldown drops to 30 minutes at level 3.

I think you should hold off on maxing Resurrection for now, and save 2 points in case WarpPortal changes the Resurrection cooldown soon. They said they requested the cooldown change, but it's not here yet, so I don't think you should rush it just yet. When you hit 50 and finish with the rest of the skills, you can decide again as to whether or not you'd like to wait for the cooldown change, or to just spend those 2 points.

In other words, concentrate on other skills for now.

#42 sketchyguy

sketchyguy

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Does suffragium affect anything besides heal and ressurection?

#43 Serapheen

Serapheen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Wondering if this build would be viable. I'm looking more towards raids and WoE, where there's almost always going to be another priest to provide Blessing to the group. My 5 mans will just have to suffer. While Gloria was a tough decision, I'd rather not rely on rng to keep people alive.

http://www.ro2skills...odDnOqnabeDrBrA

#44 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

So does Suffragium increase the Haste parameter (and stacks with equipment Haste) or just decrease cast time for HL/Heal by 0.1s? If it increases haste, doesn't that mean skill animation is also shortened?

I would love to minimise the animation lock for HH...

#45 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Does suffragium affect anything besides heal and ressurection?

Any skill that's not instant. So it would also affect Recovery and Sacrament.

Wondering if this build would be viable. I'm looking more towards raids and WoE, where there's almost always going to be another priest to provide Blessing to the group. My 5 mans will just have to suffer. While Gloria was a tough decision, I'd rather not rely on rng to keep people alive.

http://www.ro2skills...odDnOqnabeDrBrA

Viable, as long as you can handle any social stigma related to not having a maxed Blessing. I almost got kicked from a regular party once because the tank didn't like that I only had Lv.4 Blessing at the time (around Lv.30-something). It's impressive how much people won't accept, sometimes.

So does Suffragium increase the Haste parameter (and stacks with equipment Haste) or just decrease cast time for HL/Heal by 0.1s? If it increases haste, doesn't that mean skill animation is also shortened?

I would love to minimise the animation lock for HH...

Suffragium directly adds to your Haste Rate. So if you have 8% from equipment and cast Suff Lv.5, you'll have 18% Haste Rate.

Skill animation is not affected. Nothing I know of affects skill animation/delay.

#46 Serapheen

Serapheen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well considering I usually run with guildies, I doubt they'll kick me for lvl 1 blessing :P

#47 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Skill animation is not affected. Nothing I know of affects skill animation/delay.

I notice bash spamming becomes a little faster when I use guardian. Since bash has no cast time, I assumed it was the 30% Haste/Vigor buff from the guardian summon.

Might be my imagination.

Oh.. thanks for the answer. The world needs more healers.

Edited by Chocs, 07 May 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#48 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

I notice bash spamming becomes a little faster when I use guardian. Since bash has no cast time, I assumed it was the 30% Haste/Vigor buff from the guardian summon.

Might be my imagination.

If it did make you faster, that'd be interesting.
It's not working for me with Renovatio though.
0% Haste/Vigor - 10 Renovatios took 15 seconds to cast (on seaRO2, where I apparently get about 0.5 sec latency per skill).
40% Haste/Vigor - 10 Renovatios still took 15 seconds.

#49 Qpax

Qpax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Location黒猫のタンゴ

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Thanks for the answers guys so I'll keep my remaining 2 skill point in my pocket and will go along with this guide's skill build as it was showed in the first post and I'll use them whether they make the ressurection time to at least 5 or maximum 10 min when it's maxed. Or atleast they should change the skill feature. We could ressurect people like we do in the first game with the help of stones so I sometimes wondering that the hell is point of limiting your cast time to over 30 min once you use the skill. Anyways I like to play with full support priest but it's really hard to grind with it. Usually people like to grind alone to get faster xp but it would be nice to help priest or acolyte's if you see them in need help ^^/)

#50 Smokie09

Smokie09

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Does this mean, FS PRIEST will not be able to kill anyone in pVP?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users