#76 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Yes you're average Heath. I'm the same level as you currently and I'm noticing gear is getting a larger boost on str and AP. I'm assming that values get another couple jumps as we go along which is standard mmorpg setup. So for tank guy at 44 is average.

Something to also note, you start to get accessoys at 40+. Thats 5 slots of stats you're missing right now. So jumping up a bit there is to be expected.

edit: Why isn't your aura strike maxed already?

Edited by SonicTMP, 06 May 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#77 ToddHoward

ToddHoward

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for this guide! Very helpful.

#78 Heathcliffz

Heathcliffz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationRoad of Bless

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

Yes you're average Heath. I'm the same level as you currently and I'm noticing gear is getting a larger boost on str and AP. I'm assming that values get another couple jumps as we go along which is standard mmorpg setup. So for tank guy at 44 is average.

Something to also note, you start to get accessoys at 40+. Thats 5 slots of stats you're missing right now. So jumping up a bit there is to be expected.

edit: Why isn't your aura strike maxed already?

oh i see.. thank you ! i was starting to worry whether my damage is too low for my level. Since all my gear is from the dungeon, it is worrying that each hit only gives 100+ damage.
oh yea, i forgot to put the points in aura strike at ro2base.. i already maxed the aura strike. sorry :heh: btw, thank you for the help :)

#79 Fatherownage400

Fatherownage400

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hey folks,

I would love some feed back regarding my final planned build. I am not sure about mag break at lvl 50 tho, I am just not sure where else to put the 3 points. I am aiming for end game raid tanking.

http://ro2base.com/b...310629.22310629

#80 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

That's pretty much a standard build. You really don't need MB and GC maxed. Heck you really don't even need either maxed in the first place.

You can either move points from aoe skills into Head crush for extra DoT power or put the 2 from MB into battle manual. You won't get a ton of use out of as a tank but the passive int from cards/title will let you crit a little bit harder, which is extra threat of course.

#81 whatsupmonkeys

whatsupmonkeys

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hey guys what do you think of this build? http://www.ro2base.c...310708.22310708

I call it the Riot Knight build because it focuses on controlling the Monster Mob Riot by pumping Magnum break Shield Boomerang and Grandcross to level 3 while sacrificing battle orders for Concentration Aura and Aura Strike. The Reason being is that you focus on getting mobs of 3-6 plus per wave then spam bash MB SB and GC with a few head crushes or Aura heals in between.

Its my Off-tank build for the knight. The cards in the build is for late game purposes only since I pump STR and AGi to high levels to compensate for the stages where you are still farming for your gear.

#82 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

Hey guys what do you think of this build? http://www.ro2base.c...310708.22310708

I call it the Riot Knight build because it focuses on controlling the Monster Mob Riot by pumping Magnum break Shield Boomerang and Grandcross to level 3 while sacrificing battle orders for Concentration Aura and Aura Strike. The Reason being is that you focus on getting mobs of 3-6 plus per wave then spam bash MB SB and GC with a few head crushes or Aura heals in between.

Its my Off-tank build for the knight. The cards in the build is for late game purposes only since I pump STR and AGi to high levels to compensate for the stages where you are still farming for your gear.

That's an interesting build to say the least, but you don't really need to go that extreme if you want strictly off-tanking, even a regular knight guild works just find for off-tank.

I don't recommend it because :
- Aura heal is very weak at the moment, you can argue that it can crit, but it's extremely unreliable and using pots are way better.
- Damage increase for levelling shield boomerang, magnum break, and grand cross is barely noticeable.
- You don't have your main damage skills maxed.
- From the looks of it you want to use concentration then AoE mobs, that's a BIG NO-NO because raid mobs hits hard, if you're tanking more than 3 at once + DEF debuff from concentration. the damage is going to stack up very quick.
- Shield fortress not maxed, this skill is what made knights wanted in raids.
- Battle orders not maxed.

Warriors suits you way better if you want to strictly off-tank, they have very good survivability, higher AoE damage, overall higher damage than knights because their great swords have higher base attack power.

#83 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

FYI, concentration + AoEing isn't too dangerous. However, because you are taking more damage, you must keep in mind that sufficient healing must be available. Not recommended if you're also in the way of a Raid boss AoE. I've dealt with a few of them, healing is a bit of a pain, but not overly painful.

#84 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

FYI, concentration + AoEing isn't too dangerous. However, because you are taking more damage, you must keep in mind that sufficient healing must be available. Not recommended if you're also in the way of a Raid boss AoE. I've dealt with a few of them, healing is a bit of a pain, but not overly painful.

You can argue that it's not that dangerous, but the damage increase isn't THAT huge anyway due to low damage modifier of AoE skills themselves.

Also as a tank you're the backbone of your party, taking more damage is simply something that I don't recommend.

#85 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Concentration + AoEing is simply never worth it in any case. Even as dps spec I can tell you that you still kill far faster single target than aoe spam. And getting rid of 1 add fast is far more useful than slowly chipping all to death. AoE in general is weak in this game.

And as a tank the entire point of aoe is to simply hold the adds long enough for the dps to burn them down or to hold adds on you while the main boss is killed.

#86 Turtly

Turtly

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

One thing I'm wondering about is the focus on damage in the recommendation of the skills. The suggestion is to max bash, aura strike and shield cannon, all 3 of those are damage skills. Plus with your (rollchan) personal build you go for adding extra agi=crit=dmg. Why is that? Is it to make leveling more convenient, is it because the points are not useful somewhere else, is it to gain aggro faster, is it a matter of personal preference or is it needed at the higher levels to keep aggro?

#87 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

One thing I'm wondering about is the focus on damage in the recommendation of the skills. The suggestion is to max bash, aura strike and shield cannon, all 3 of those are damage skills. Plus with your (rollchan) personal build you go for adding extra agi=crit=dmg. Why is that? Is it to make leveling more convenient, is it because the points are not useful somewhere else, is it to gain aggro faster, is it a matter of personal preference or is it needed at the higher levels to keep aggro?

Bash and aura strike are your everyday skills, since you'll be using it 99% of the time why not max it? shield cannon is knight's most powerful skill with no real drawbacks.

Agi is not needed to keep aggro, but it's definitely easier with higher crit, plus it synergies with battle tactics as well (if you decide to take it, even if you're not taking it, more crit is always nice).
It also improves your DPS, and more DPS is always a good thing when you're fighting a boss with enrage timer.

#88 Alewyn

Alewyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

thank you soo much for posting this. my previse knight build was terrible...i tried the dps/tank knight and that want over like a fart in church. i've since re-skilled my knight to your sugguestions; i'm alot better now.

#89 mitilo

mitilo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

40/40/8 (str,agi,vit) or 41/41 (str/agi) for Knight focused on dmg/crit is better?

#90 acroshin

acroshin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

Hey this is a really nice guide and I plan on starting a tank Knight as my first class. I just wanted to know, can I freely distribute my stat points in any order I want? Like for example I want to focus on STR alone to try and blow through the early levels and then once I've reach the cap (40 or 41) switch to either Vit or Agi.

#91 Hypey

Hypey

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

Great guide, I'll have a solid tank thanks to you.

#92 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

40/40/8 (str,agi,vit) or 41/41 (str/agi) for Knight focused on dmg/crit is better?

41/41 is better of course(but less efficient on stat points), but the difference is soo tiny that it won't make that huge difference anyway, just go with what you like.

Hey this is a really nice guide and I plan on starting a tank Knight as my first class. I just wanted to know, can I freely distribute my stat points in any order I want? Like for example I want to focus on STR alone to try and blow through the early levels and then once I've reach the cap (40 or 41) switch to either Vit or Agi.

Yeah, just pick whatever you like first, in this game you can even level without upping your stats if you want and it won't hamper your performance much :P

Great guide, I'll have a solid tank thanks to you.

Glad I could help :)

#93 Blackfield

Blackfield

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

first of all rollchan really nice guide. so thanks.

as far as i understand from the comments and such the following swordman build includes the basic skills for a tank oriëntated build.
http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

as for the tank knight build i believe the following build is the basic knight tank oriëntated build:

as for now i'm planning to be a PVE tank and im wondering if my assumptions about the basic builds are correct and if so
where to put those last 2 points.

and what is recommendable for stats?
i'm looking for a balanced stats set
currently i'm looking at 41 str / 24 agi / 31 vit
or is it better to switch agi and vit?

last but not least what about cards and card set?
is it better to aim for a 5 card set or is a 3 card set (Venom Secrete Bug(Wild Feral Barbaro) / Decalcomanie(ungoliant) Set + 2 other card better

i think titles are a no brainer just take the best you have.

thanks in advance and hope to see a reaction soon.

#94 UndeadZamiel

UndeadZamiel

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

I don't get why nobody likes to max head crush. It's not actually a 3% difference, you have to factor in the over-time damage.

If it goes for the full 20 seconds it does 30% more damage maxed out than at level one. This really adds up during the long boss battles (for every minute that's 90% more damage). Sure it's useless against mobs since you'll kill them before you get your money's worth out of it but tanks are already useless outside of a dungeon/bosses.

#95 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

We have the math done for head crush in the knight/warrior AP/dps topic if you wish to review it. Head crush isn't worth the points. Your auto attack does more. You need to factor in time spend on adds or moving out of ground effects.There's also the problem of the DoT not stacking from multiple knight/warriors.

Better places to spend your points no amtter what your spec.

Edited by SonicTMP, 18 May 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#96 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

first of all rollchan really nice guide. so thanks.

as far as i understand from the comments and such the following swordman build includes the basic skills for a tank oriëntated build.

as for the tank knight build i believe the following build is the basic knight tank oriëntated build:

as for now i'm planning to be a PVE tank and im wondering if my assumptions about the basic builds are correct and if so
where to put those last 2 points.

and what is recommendable for stats?
i'm looking for a balanced stats set
currently i'm looking at 41 str / 24 agi / 31 vit
or is it better to switch agi and vit?

last but not least what about cards and card set?
is it better to aim for a 5 card set or is a 3 card set (Venom Secrete Bug(Wild Feral Barbaro) / Decalcomanie(ungoliant) Set + 2 other card better

i think titles are a no brainer just take the best you have.

thanks in advance and hope to see a reaction soon.

You can put it in battle tactics for more overall damage, since you got your core skills already.

It's hard to say for the card sets, because it depends on what stat you want the most.

#97 Lochnessc

Lochnessc

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

I'm working on a Kight 41 Str / 41 Agi

Not sure to set the 4 last points in my talent build: http://ro2base.com/b...310726.22310726

#98 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

I'm working on a Kight 41 Str / 41 Agi

Not sure to set the 4 last points in my talent build: http://ro2base.com/b...310726.22310726

Are you sure you want 4 points in shield bash? you'll only use it to get 2 auras quickly, the damage % increase isn't worth the points IMO, you can put the rest of your points in aura shield, shield charge if you like colosseum, and/or battle tactics for more overall DPS.

#99 Lochnessc

Lochnessc

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Are you sure you want 4 points in shield bash? you'll only use it to get 2 auras quickly, the damage % increase isn't worth the points IMO, you can put the rest of your points in aura shield, shield charge if you like colosseum, and/or battle tactics for more overall DPS.

Still have 3 pt free... http://ro2base.com/b...310726.22310726
If Aura Heal been good i probely put rest in there...

Yes i do colusum but only for the gear...

Edited by Lochnessc, 22 May 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#100 Forsaken90745

Forsaken90745

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

what do I lose by trying to go INT/AGI for the crit/battle manual. Base dmg ? Would that even matter if I were crit'ing all the time ? Also, Wouldn't all the gear adding vit / str make up for the base stats you are distributing whilst leveling ? I am all about being a tank.. not so much DPS to kill but to maintain threat.

Edited by Forsaken90745, 22 May 2013 - 08:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users