#27 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Warrior will still have higher parry compared to monks in very very end-game raids.

However, Monk have a more balanced stats, which is makes them one of the best MT in the game (high defence and parry (55% - ish), and decent dodge (20%-ish). You should not run out of SP though :p_sad: despite our low sp.

Anyway priest love monks due to lightning walk (teleport back to reaggro mobs) and protection ki (buying extra time for priests to stabilize the situation, eg. boss aoe).

Still, bring along some mana pots with you when you arena, 1 of the bosses there have the ability to sap your SP.

#28 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

And thus the flaw of Monks :<

Every class has its flaws, Monks' aren't that bad.

#29 Ryouichi

Ryouichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

Ahhh, Monks can break the cap, then? Interesting. Or are we just pointing out Monks hit the cap sooner?

Either way, it's irrelevant. A cap is a cap, unless Monks break it. And even then, Parry isn't as good as Dodge.

I think this will be my last post on the parry debate considering I don't know where in the world you are pulling your info from.

1) You just debunked your 1st argument with your following post. If there is a "cap", then what's the point of saying Warrior has better parry rate?

2) There is NO cap. Please link the source on where a "cap" is found on any stats. The formula for all stats are the following:

rate % = (Stat Value / (400 * (1.05^(character level - 1)))) * 100

Source:

http://forums.playpark.net/index.php?/topic/211150-crit-rate-formula-for-level-50/

I have ran all my stats with this formula and it come out exact with no error.

3) Monk gets high Parry from their equipment. Monk gets INT instead of AGI on their gears. This is to offset the low attack they get from their weapon. They get 2x the parry with the skill Spiritual Cadence. Unless Warrior's Defender is 200% increase in parry instead of 30%, it cannot catch up to Monk's parry rate. A full parry Monk can get up to 80%+ parry rate. While the highest I seen on Warrior is close to 68%.

For a Monk to get 80% parry rate, they will need roughly 874 STR and INT. (Excluding parry gear/food/buffs)

#30 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

warrior gets more str than monk gets int+str on gear, check a database

#31 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

*too afraid to post because stat discussion*

#32 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

What I love about Monks is their capability to utilize every stat in their defense window.
They can increase their dodge raw by using their Flee skill.
They have high defense via Iron Palm and
They have high parry.

Dang, and they can be secondary DPS too!

Edited by rzevidz007, 15 May 2013 - 03:29 AM.

#33 Shneibel

Shneibel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

in desperate, they can be 2nd dps but really, dps are not hard to find

also 10% crit is worth it ?

#34 Reppu

Reppu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

I think this will be my last post on the parry debate considering I don't know where in the world you are pulling your info from.

1) You just debunked your 1st argument with your following post. If there is a "cap", then what's the point of saying Warrior has better parry rate?

2) There is NO cap. Please link the source on where a "cap" is found on any stats. The formula for all stats are the following:

rate % = (Stat Value / (400 * (1.05^(character level - 1)))) * 100

Source:

http://forums.playpark.net/index.php?/topic/211150-crit-rate-formula-for-level-50/

I have ran all my stats with this formula and it come out exact with no error.

3) Monk gets high Parry from their equipment. Monk gets INT instead of AGI on their gears. This is to offset the low attack they get from their weapon. They get 2x the parry with the skill Spiritual Cadence. Unless Warrior's Defender is 200% increase in parry instead of 30%, it cannot catch up to Monk's parry rate. A full parry Monk can get up to 80%+ parry rate. While the highest I seen on Warrior is close to 68%.

For a Monk to get 80% parry rate, they will need roughly 874 STR and INT. (Excluding parry gear/food/buffs)

I thought there was an effective 70% Parry "Cap"? Guess everything I've been told from SEA is wrong, then. Wouldn't surprise me.

Either way, it's irrelevant. Parry is the Bad Alternative to Dodge.

Feel free to be right, but Monks are gimpy no matter how you slice it by high-end, with no raid utility and inferior MT and OT options compared to Warriors.

Edited by Reppu, 15 May 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#35 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Feel free to be right, but Monks are gimpy no matter how you slice it by high-end, with no raid utility and inferior MT and OT options compared to Warriors.

Except for Maya Purple, I've been told by another forum member (Hongaun) that Monks are the only class that can truly tank that beast due to its high def and high HP. That alone speaks A LOT about Monk's utility.

Edited by JustGabe, 15 May 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#36 Tastey

Tastey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

@ Reppu u forget skills! Not only Stats are important to mentain as a good tank but also your skills and well monks got one of the best tank skills out there, i mean 50% protection, steelbody buff, flee...and a instant cooldown reset? And u wann tell me they are inferior to other tanks? Boy if u only think to favor stats, than this game is not your playground.

#37 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Survivability wise, I would prefer Monks with their much higher HP if built equally.

Edited by rzevidz007, 16 May 2013 - 08:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users