Tips on using Rogue's Treasure? - Page 2 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Tips on using Rogue's Treasure?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

Crit Sins are easy to play, require little support, don't need to keep up with SP... I don't see what your issue with them is, Azzy.

While their DPS may be lower, they're a good class to play solo without having to rely on others.

#27 Tomberry

Tomberry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

As for tanking, yes, I was able to at ~75 and could kill 2-3 with maybe 10 white pots before I left, at that stage I only went to test it out as I didnt have all of the gears I needed. During the event I was online for all of a day, simply because I dont have the internet at home and I only went for a brief test, I like my job xp too much. It is also quite a good spot for a Crit Sin/Priest Duo in the 90's Ive found, all you need is an appropriately carded jur and Enchant Poison/Cursed Waters for endows and a bit of experience.

Not denying that Crit SinX's can be squishy as hell compared to other characters but their high DPS and not having to wait 1-2 seconds between SB's if you dont kill your opponent makes it alot easier, assuming youre not trying to drop someone while tanking another couple people. But 13k HP with 300+ flee, even taking into account flee reduction is pretty decent IMO. I find that having a link up all the time in WoE is a total pain in the behind, but for some people it is par for the course, I play and build my characters such that if I get buffed/linked then great, thats a bonus, but dont expect to have them that often, as such I am somewhat reliant on gears and job for my bonuses, which can be somewhat restricting. On the flipside though with a small amount of dex, in my case ~20 at the end and the +20 hit of 2x Rogues Treasures SB/GT are still quite viable options, GT especially so due to the agi requirement of the rings giving you a decent ASPD to utilise.

Ive heard alot of people say that Crit is outdated, but after trying SD/SB and DD builds Ive settled with crit, it is expensive (200m+ on my accessories, my main katar is looking to cost 300m+) and quite gear reliant but Ive found it quite versatile and surprisingly easy to get into, but each to their own, however you go, best of luck.

#28 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:32 AM

Killing a few monsters is very different from being able to grind there consistently. I don't doubt that a crit sin (or a DD sin with a dragon killer, who'd probably be doing better damage) could kill a few goldies solo. The question is whether they could kill there for hours and not die all the time. I suspect this would be a good deal harder (as it always is).

I really disagree with you regarding PVP/WoE though. I've been 2x woe active with a credible guild for over 4 years. I don't EVER recall dying to EDP crits from a sinx, yet EDP SB is one of the four things that kills me (EDP SB, Strings AB w/GR off, GF w/GR off, packet loss). All that an EDP'ed crit sinx has ever done to me in woe by critting is force me to use more pots and hitlock me like a sniper (only without the range). Even if the DPS is the same, it's easier to deal with if its coming in continuously rather than being a few spikes.

A very common situation is for me to be taking damage from something else, and while I can outpot it, i'm not always at the top; a strong EDP SB from the shadows can take me out if timed right, because i'm not at full hp, whereas if you come up and start critting me, i'll just pot more.

Though, i'll admit that they're better for GTing than a normal sinx build, and GT is one of the main sources of AoE DPS for a modern precast.

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 August 2010 - 07:33 AM.

#29 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

Killing a few monsters is very different from being able to grind there consistently. I don't doubt that a crit sin (or a DD sin with a dragon killer, who'd probably be doing better damage) could kill a few goldies solo. The question is whether they could kill there for hours and not die all the time. I suspect this would be a good deal harder (as it always is).

I really disagree with you regarding PVP/WoE though. I've been 2x woe active with a credible guild for over 4 years. I don't EVER recall dying to EDP crits from a sinx, yet EDP SB is one of the four things that kills me (EDP SB, Strings AB w/GR off, GF w/GR off, packet loss). All that an EDP'ed crit sinx has ever done to me in woe by critting is force me to use more pots and hitlock me like a sniper (only without the range). Even if the DPS is the same, it's easier to deal with if its coming in continuously rather than being a few spikes.

A very common situation is for me to be taking damage from something else, and while I can outpot it, i'm not always at the top; a strong EDP SB from the shadows can take me out if timed right, because i'm not at full hp, whereas if you come up and start critting me, i'll just pot more.

Though, i'll admit that they're better for GTing than a normal sinx build, and GT is one of the main sources of AoE DPS for a modern precast.

I have to agree with Azzy on the fact that EDP Crit SinX's don't kill people as often as people take it to be. My point behind this build though, is that I'd rather go in without having to worry/wait on buffs. The only way a str/vit/dex SinX can ever kill anyone is if they have a link. In many situations, unless you're in a well organized guild, you're not going to immediately get a link, especially if you've just died and had been recalled without having gotten a prior link. And I'm not going to marry my linker with my future SinX. >_> Though I really like the idea of being an emp breaker. I don't mind that at all. xD Yes, I'm aware the link only gives a 1.25x boost in WoE. The extra 25% helps SinX's finish people off though. If not linked, they'll never ever kill anyone with their slow SB's.

#30 mseifer

mseifer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

yo azzy is not right both rings give the bonuses

#31 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.