Localization: Skills! - Page 2 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Localization: Skills!

56 replies to this topic

#26 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Renovatio

Cleanse the targets wounds to recover 22% HP every 2 sec. for 12 sec.

Should say "Cleanse the target's wounds to recover HP equivalent to 22% of your magic power every 2 sec. for 12 sec." also, the skill is named incorrectly in the buffs section, it shows as Renobatio.

#27 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Meditatio

Effect increases when healing skill applies as critical hit by 340% exceeding 95% of Hit Rate.

First, I suspect that the acolyte skill is named wrong and was supposed to also be called Meditation. Second, same confusing effect and poorly worded description as the sorc skill.

#28 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Highness Heal

Instantly recover HP equivalent to 44% of your Magic Power for both you and 2 surrounding 2 allies.

Asperio: Increases the recovery amount of Highness Heal by 50% and an additional HP recovery identical to the original recovery amount of Highness Heal for 10 sec.

Should be something like "Instantly recover HP equivalent to 44% of your magic power for your target and 2 nearby allies." as it only heals you if you are the target, or one of the 2 nearby allies. Also the Asperio effect is somewhat poorly worded as it doesn't explain that the additional HP recovery is a heal over time that heals every 2 seconds.

#29 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Ray of Genesis

Cast Gods Wrath to an enemy to inflict 95% Magic damage

Should say "Cast Gods Wrath on an enemy to inflict 95% Magic damage."

#30 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Sacrament

Carry out a holy ritual to change to an appropriate state capable of handling healing. Increases Healing 2% but decrease Attack by 10%.

The description is over complicated and slightly poorly worded, I suggest "Carry out a holy ritual changing to an appropriate state for healing. Increases Healing effects by 2%, but decreases attack damage by 10%."

#31 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Throw Spirit Sphere

Fire an Energy Bullet at a long range enemy to inflict 17% Attack damage. Also receive a 10% Attack damage bonus for all Monk attack skills for 15 sec.

I'm not really sure why the part about a long range enemy is in there, but I don't think it should be. I suggest rewording to "Fire an energy bullet at an enemy to inflict 17% damage and receive a 10% damage bonus for all Monk attack skills for 15 sec."

#32 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Spiritual Cadence

Increases Attack Power by 2 for each Intelligence, and allows to obtain Spirit while using attack skills.

Pretty simple here, change "allows to obtain Spirit" to "allows you to obtain Spirit" and I suggest changing Intelligence to INT for consistency with other skills that reference stats.

#33 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Steel Body

Focus all of your Spirit to increase HP 7%, Defense 40% and Threat Value by 60%. Attack Power is reduced by 10%, however Spirit is not consumed when self Protection Ki is used while in this state.

The "however" is not needed, just end the sentence about attack power and start a new one. I'm not sure why it says "self protection ki", as it's a self buff, you can't use it on anyone else anyway, so change the last sentence to "Spirit is not consumed when using Protection Ki while in this state."

#34 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Rage Controlling

Learn to control your Rage by no longer obtaining Aura but instead Rage of 5 to 20. this effect can accrue up to a max. 50 Rage.
10 Rage is equivalent to 1 Aura.

The description sounds a little weird, I suggest rewording to "Learn to control your Rage. Obtain 5 to 20 Rage instead of 1 Aura. You can obtain a max. of 50 Rage. 10 Rage is equivalent to 1 Aura." or something similar. The description is also inaccurate, at level 1 you can obtain a max of 50 rage, but at level 2 (max level) you can obtain 100 rage. The description doesn't change to reflect this when you put the second skill point into it.

#35 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Bowling Bash

Obtain 2 Aura
\Leap to attack the enemy and inflict 15% damage.

First, this is a warrior skill, which requires rage controlling as a pre-req, and as such should say obtain x to x rage, not obtain 2 aura. Second, the "\" needs to be removed from the begining of the skill description.

#36 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Tension Relax

Suppress Rage and loosen tension to recover HP by the amount of overlapped Rage remaining. Max 40% for 20 sec. This skill consumes any remaining Rage.

Its not really that clear just how much HP is going to be recovered based on the description.

#37 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Other than the errors with numbers that I specifically pointed out any numbers/percentages in my posts are simply what the current skill levels on my characters are and it was faster for me to just type what I saw than to replace them all with the min/max level amounts or with X's. So other than what I specifically pointed out as incorrect values the current values per level are correct, to my knowledge.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I looked over every skill in the game and those posted are all the ones I found errors with. There may be a few with incorrect descriptions of what the skill actually does still though because I haven't actually used every skill in the game.

Edited by CloudySkys, 31 May 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#38 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

I believe there should be a skill description fix going in sometime this week/early next week. You may want to wait for that before listing the proposed changes.

#39 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

I believe there should be a skill description fix going in sometime this week/early next week. You may want to wait for that before listing the proposed changes.

Too late, as I said in my last post I already went through every skill in the game lol. If there's gonna be changes next week I'm sure there will be new issues with skill descriptions though.

#40 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Ah well, I didn't want you to go through the current skill descriptions and end up having to do it all over again in the next couple of days. Oh well.

The skill description *shouldn't* contain any typos or Engrish texts, but some of them may be missing few details. If this is the case let Njoror know by posting the details here.

Edited by zr0rieu, 31 May 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#41 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Bowling Bash

Obtain 2 Aura
\Leap to attack the enemy and inflict 15% damage.

First, this is a warrior skill, which requires rage controlling as a pre-req, and as such should say obtain x to x rage, not obtain 2 aura. Second, the "\" needs to be removed from the begining of the skill description.

Posted Image

The description makes no sense. You don't even leap towards the enemy to attack them. Also, I think the 2 Aura obtained is fine since the Rage controlling skill already says 1 aura = 5~20 rage. Bash's description would have to change as well if you were to change bowling bash.

It should say:

Bowling Bash

Obtain 2 Aura.
Strike the enemy multiple times and inflict 15% damage.

Also... something about the Knights' skill "Concentration" bothers me. There's already a Concentration skill that Archer's have so why do we have two skills that have the same exact names?

I think it should be changed to "Aura Focus" or "Aura Zeal".

Edited by Varunax, 31 May 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#42 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

The description makes no sense. You don't even leap towards the enemy to attack them. Also, I think the 2 Aura obtained is fine since the Rage controlling skill already says 1 aura = 5~20 rage. Bash's description would have to change as well if you were to change bowling bash.

It should say:

Bowling Bash

Obtain 2 Aura.
Strike the enemy multiple times and inflict 15% damage.

Also... something about the Knights' skill "Concentration" bothers me. There's already a Concentration skill that Archer's have so why do we have two skills that have the same exact names?

I think it should be changed to "Aura Focus" or "Aura Zeal".

It does make sense actually, you do leap to attack them, just not from a distance, you jump straight into the air and hit the enemy once as you land back on the ground and even though the rage controlling skill says that 10 rage is equal to 1 aura it would still make more sense to list the rage amount on warrior skills, as its not possible to get that skill without taking rage controlling first, so you can't possibly still be obtaining aura and have that skill.

What's wrong with the description of Bash? Your character does exactly what the description says and if you're refering to the Aura/Rage thing I think its fine to have Bash say aura because its a swordsman skill and as a swordsman you gain aura, but you literally cannot put points into bowling bash without first taking rage controlling and thus no longer gaining aura.

I do agree with your point about the knights concentration skill I guess, but you're wrong about there being 2 skills with the same name. Archers obtain concentration points, but they don't have any skill called concentration.

#43 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:fRO1 Chaos - iRO2 Odin

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Rage Controlling

[...]The description is also inaccurate, at level 1 you can obtain a max of 50 rage, but at level 2 (max level) you can obtain 100 rage. The description doesn't change to reflect this when you put the second skill point into it.

Thank you Cloudy, I was trying to explain that on another topic ^^'

To illustrate that:
Posted Image

#44 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

It does make sense actually, you do leap to attack them, just not from a distance, you jump straight into the air and hit the enemy once as you land back on the ground and even though the rage controlling skill says that 10 rage is equal to 1 aura it would still make more sense to list the rage amount on warrior skills, as its not possible to get that skill without taking rage controlling first, so you can't possibly still be obtaining aura and have that skill.

What's wrong with the description of Bash? Your character does exactly what the description says and if you're refering to the Aura/Rage thing I think its fine to have Bash say aura because its a swordsman skill and as a swordsman you gain aura, but you literally cannot put points into bowling bash without first taking rage controlling and thus no longer gaining aura.

I do agree with your point about the knights concentration skill I guess, but you're wrong about there being 2 skills with the same name. Archers obtain concentration points, but they don't have any skill called concentration.

Posted Image

It's called Attention Concentration. Knights skill is called Concentration. Even the Archer's say "Concentration!" when they cast it.

And no, bowling bash doesn't leap. Leaping is jumping a long distance. That's the definition of leap. Plus, when my Warrior uses Bowling Bash, my warrior does a jumping spinning uppercut.. not jumps up and hits the enemy while landing. I think you mistook that for Magnum Break.

Edited by Varunax, 31 May 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#45 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Posted Image

It's called Attention Concentration. Knights skill is called Concentration. Even the Archer's say "Concentration!" when they cast it.

And no, bowling bash doesn't leap. Leaping is jumping a long distance. That's the definition of leap. Plus, when my Warrior uses Bowling Bash, my warrior does a jumping spinning uppercut.. not jumps up and hits the enemy while landing. I think you mistook that for Magnum Break.

I guess I've never watched that closely while using bowling bash, but the char does jump in some way, so leap is an adequate term. In the interest of being as exact as possible let's change the description to "Attack the enemy with an uppercut slash to inflict X% damage."

Also, minor argument here, but what the archers actually say when casting Attention Concentration is "Attention Concentrate!" not "Concentration!", which really doesn't make a lot of sense either, but w/e that's a whole different issue from skill descriptions. I don't see any need for either skill to be renamed, but if they were to rename them the archer's skill should probably be named to something relating to agility.

#46 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Sacrament

Carry out a holy ritual to change to an appropriate state capable of handling healing. Increases Healing 2% but decrease Attack by 10%.

The description is over complicated and slightly poorly worded, I suggest "Carry out a holy ritual changing to an appropriate state for healing. Increases Healing effects by 2%, but decreases attack damage by 10%."

First, good job going through every skill in the game :D

Though I've noticed one of my friends was confused about this skill, and I haven't studied its effects, so I'm not sure but...
Shouldn't there be some clarification in the Description as to whether or not it affects your MATK or PATK? I'm pretty sure my friend thought it was Physical attack and put points into it thinking it wouldn't affect his attack skills.
I'd say "Perform a holy ritual to alter your state for healing. Increases Healing effects by 2%, but decreases Magic attack damage by 10%."
At least, I'm assuming matk. like I said I don't have the skill yet.

#47 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

First, good job going through every skill in the game :D

Though I've noticed one of my friends was confused about this skill, and I haven't studied its effects, so I'm not sure but...
Shouldn't there be some clarification in the Description as to whether or not it affects your MATK or PATK? I'm pretty sure my friend thought it was Physical attack and put points into it thinking it wouldn't affect his attack skills.
I'd say "Perform a holy ritual to alter your state for healing. Increases Healing effects by 2%, but decreases Magic attack damage by 10%."
At least, I'm assuming matk. like I said I don't have the skill yet.

It doesn't effect your physical or magic attack power, it lowers the damage done by your attack skills by 10% and increases the effect of your healing skills. It does this directly, not by affecting any of your stats.

#48 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

How about Adoramus? Does it really use ATK instead of MATK?

-----
Sanctuary's healing range of <5m whereas the desc. says 10m.

Edited by RevLoveJoy, 01 June 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#49 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

How about Adoramus? Does it really use ATK instead of MATK?

-----
Sanctuary's healing range of <5m whereas the desc. says 10m.

I have no idea about Adoramus, my preist is FS and I don't have the skill, but I would assume it's based on matk.

I forgot about the range on Sanctuary, should either change the value in the description or change the skill effect so that it actually covers a 10m range.

#50 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

Adoramus is based on MATK. Pretty much all skills on a mage/healer class will be MATK. Anything else is just a typo/translation error.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users