Classic: 2013 patch notes part III: The Revengenance - Page 18 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part III: The Revengenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
476 replies to this topic

#426 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

It doesn't make sense to compare something (mega resist) which is readily available to everyone on the server to OCA's which are almost exclusively handled by large guilds.

I don't really want to compare them, but if you agree that mega resist pots were broken in the first place, I guess I can't understand why you'd push for their release.

If an OCA stockpile is an issue (frankly I have no idea how many OCAs various guilds have), let the old OCAs not provide these new cards and only OCAs that you get from now on. I think you greatly overestimate how many GRs will be added to the server if it was done this way. But I don't see it as much of a problem, honestly. I am pretty sure we have stockpiled OCAs since the start of the server and we barely have enough to get 1-2 GRs if we get really lucky. That's about a year of OCAs for 1 GR, maybe 2, I don't think that is unacceptable.

Edited by Hrishi, 27 June 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#427 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

I never pushed for mega resist.

#428 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

We know which guilds wipe to arrow shower though! Can't handle that. Can't handle GRs.

It was stated at the beginning of the server, because apparently everyone knew about it. If it were a planned change they would have said "pre-trans wont have GR because its too powerful for pre-trans classes to counter. But it will arrive with trans" That would make sense. But since it was never in the game, and stated that it wasn't going to be in the game it shouldnt be expected to change.

In what way is GR not gamebreaking? You can tank an ifrit EQ with it. You can tank valk EQ with it. You can tank bee easier. ET would be a breeze. LKs would not die in WoE. They sometimes don't already, even if you froze one you probably wouldn't kill it!

Edited by Scuba, 27 June 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#429 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

It was stated at the beginning of the server, because apparently everyone knew about it. If it were a planned change they would have said "pre-trans wont have GR because its too powerful for pre-trans classes to counter. But it will arrive with trans" That would make sense. But since it was never in the game. Stated that it wasn't going to be in the game.

http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

Since you've been full of -_- from the beginning regarding this issue, I cared enough to find the topic that the answer was first provided to the server. The topic is dated September, the server opened in June.

So no, everybody did not know about it.

We know which guilds wipe to arrow shower though! Can't handle that. Can't handle GRs.

The relative strength of guilds are not relevant here, stop pulling guild drama into this topic.

Edited by Hrishi, 27 June 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#430 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Our LK's never died last WoE against 3 guilds without GR's.

#431 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

We all know what all this conv is about right?

Certain people want the G & the D =P

#432 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

They really trying to push GR so Xellie won't ALWAYS die with Gfist.. lol

#433 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

[mod]These cards are not on the drop list for the Old Card Album on classic. [/mod]

Im confused. Does this say the cards ARE on the drop list? Oh wait it doesn't. Therefore they are not.

#434 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

It was stated at the beginning of the server, because apparently everyone knew about it. If it were a planned change they would have said "pre-trans wont have GR because its too powerful for pre-trans classes to counter. But it will arrive with trans" That would make sense. But since it was never in the game, and stated that it wasn't going to be in the game it shouldnt be expected to change.

In what way is GR not gamebreaking? You can tank an ifrit EQ with it. You can tank valk EQ with it. You can tank bee easier. ET would be a breeze. LKs would not die in WoE. They sometimes don't already, even if you froze one you probably wouldn't kill it!

How wouldn't they die in WoE? Does frost joke/stone curse / sinx not exist?

We kill ifrit and valk AND BEEZ without GRs, just fyi so that argument is invalid.

Also selling 2x variant shoes as proof. smh

Edited by Xellie, 27 June 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#435 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Im confused. Does this say the cards ARE on the drop list? Oh wait it doesn't. Therefore they are not.

Does it say that they will never be in the drop list? Oh wait it doesn't.

Does the date say June which is when the server opened, since you claimed that everybody knew they would not be in the drop list? Oh wait it doesn't.

Stop projecting, this has nothing to do with a specific guild wanting them, multiple guilds have always pushed for their availability in OCAs.

Edited by Hrishi, 27 June 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#436 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

These cards are not on the drop list for the Old Card Album on classic.

Hmm.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 27 June 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#437 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Stop projecting, this has nothing to do with a specific guild wanting them, multiple guilds have always pushed for their availability in OCAs.

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.

:rice:

#438 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

We kill ifrit and valk AND BEEZ without GRs, just fyi so that argument is invalid.

Also selling 2x variant shoes as proof. smh

He was implying it's easier, not impossible lol. It's not in your best interest to sell the variants IMO.

#439 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Ive really seen no good argument for them. Other than that is what people expected for essentially unfounded reasons. Obviously those mvps are possible without GR. But it makes it a cakewalk to do it even with a bad setup. Why do you want GR other than the fact that it was an unjustified expectation of yours?

#440 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

I hate to say it but some things are changed for the better. Yea originally. they were in ocas because thats how the game was designed. The developers probably had no idea what large impact those cards would have in woe. It's the same thing with GTB. I don't think there is a single person that would disagree with me when I say that that card has no business dropping from arguably the easiest mvp in the game. With an hour or so respawn to boot. Furthermore it is the most broken card in the game for woe. Period. When the developers made that card they did it with PVM in mind. Not woe. The effects that it has in a woe situation are game changing. My point is, in hindsight they probably wouldnt have made that type of card for GTB had they had woe in mind. Just like the removal of the GR/DR from ocas is a good move by the GMs because they have the best interests of classic server woe in mind.

#441 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

It was from my logical understanding that if the OCA's started without these cards, then they will never be added. In what way does it make sense to have OCA's start without GR/DR and then add them later?

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 27 June 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#442 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

He was implying it's easier, not impossible lol. It's not in your best interest to sell the variants IMO.

It is not, but if someone offers something worth it, I'll take it because that is not the last beez my guild will kill.

Likewise it is not in our best interests for the mvps to be easier for everyone else when we are running a trump card making it easier for us than anyone. Do you see that? This is not an argument we are pushing through greed.

Ive really seen no good argument for them. Other than that is what people expected for essentially unfounded reasons. Obviously those mvps are possible without GR. But it makes it a cakewalk to do it even with a bad setup. Why do you want GR other than the fact that it was an unjustified expectation of yours?

Answer the question. The one about WoE. How do GRs make it impossible to kill someone?

#443 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

It also seems very counter-intuitive that you guys desperately insist on having these two cards added to OCA's, yet also claim they don't have a major impact? Why care so much about something if it doesn't matter?

:heh:

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 27 June 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#444 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Answer the question. The one about WoE. How do GRs make it impossible to kill someone?

They don't.

#445 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

I disagree. Plenty of arguments have been made for them, you've just ignored them. I feel having a healthy distribution of miniboss cards in the server is good for the game. Currently GRs are exclusively in the hands of RMTers or the 1-2 people who haven't sold their GRs yet. That is not healthy. If you believe GRs are that strong, they are even stronger at the hands of a few exclusive players.

It also seems very counter-intuitive that you guys desperately insist on having these two cards added to OCA's, yet also claim they don't have a major impact? Why care so much about something if it doesn't matter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if OCA stockpiling is an issue, I would have no issue with only making OCAs from now on provide these cards. At best it adds few GRs a year to the server, which is honestly not very many. I am not pushing for this change with my own interests in mind, but for the long term. When I go to ET, I don't need a GR to deal with earthquake, as I've stated before. Maya does the trick quite fine, I built a full reflect set with this in mind.

Edited by Hrishi, 27 June 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#446 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

You answer mine first.

I've explained a million times that coordinating a nice and need freeze / fist does not always work out so nice in the heat of battle. Not to mention we aren't talking about 1 GR we are talking about 3+

In case you don't know GR reduces damage from bomb / Fist by a significant amount. And reduces all other extraneous damage that is not converted. I shouldn't have to teach you how a GR is good. You can kill a GR user by freezing them gfisting. But that takes a lot longer and a lot more resources / coordination than if they did not have a GR.

GR is not stronger in the hands of a few players. You can know who is using one at all times. You can take out single GR users easy. This change would only escalate the problem 3-4x. You can do things like Xellie suggests. Just freeze and kill. Not as likely to happen when there are a ton of people in your face with them.

Edited by Scuba, 27 June 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#447 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

At best it adds few GRs a year to the server, which is honestly not very many.

A few per year? Are you serious!?

Let's say my guild is getting 15 OCA's per day, that's 105 OCA's per week in ONE GUILD. My ONE guild will get more than a few GR's per YEAR.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 27 June 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#448 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

A few per year? Are you serious!?

Let's say my guild is getting 15 OCA's per day, that's 105 OCA's per week in ONE GUILD. My one guild will get more than a few GR's per YEAR.

I'm not sure if you've played on a server which gave GRs out of OCAs, but I think you greatly over-estimate their drop chances. My guild on chaos held castles for many years and never saw a GR/DR come out of OCAs. We eventually had to sell god pieces to buy one.

Including the fact that my guild was the one who held the asprika econ when Ymir opened up (which was a 100 econ castle) and still never saw a GR/DR drop out of OCAs.

In fact, many people who are currently in your guild used to be part of my guild on chaos/ymir. They could tell you that even a guild as big and old as mine only had 2 GRs accumulated over the course of 4-5 years.

Edited by Hrishi, 27 June 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#449 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

oh snap, more teamwork? Heaven forbid that someone actually has to co-ordinate with another player rather than executing the same pre-planned routine over and over. Why is there any unconverted damage other than gfist and bomb? Immunes exist in rather large numbers.

As for mvping, why? because it's fun and more people should have access to a wider part of RO than just WoE...? It would be amazing for the pvm of the game, it would shake up WoE and make it more interesting.

And RMTers should NEVER be exclusively on top. I'd like to be rewarded for actually playing. GR requires more skill than less to use, so I'd like to be rewarded for being good at the game. That too.

The chances of getting a GR out of an OCA are actually roughly the same as getting a GR card from killing GR! Fancy that!

Edited by Xellie, 27 June 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#450 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

An very tired of this discussion and disgusted with the server it should just close in game money is worthless In purchasing this card the one for sale right now the top offer is a mjolnir set c'mon it here offering a god item set to beat the Rmt shows you how coveted it is am done trying to bring professional level competition to this server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users