Classic: 2013 patch notes part III: The Revengenance - Page 19 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part III: The Revengenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
476 replies to this topic

#451 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

It's RNG, 5-10, or 0 could come in 1 month.

#452 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

same as if you killed 2000 GRs. Hmm.

#453 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

oh snap, more teamwork? Heaven forbid that someone actually has to co-ordinate with another player rather than executing the same pre-planned routine over and over. Why is there any unconverted damage other than gfist and bomb? Immunes exist in rather large numbers.

Stop bringing up your WoE tips, it's very cringe-worthy, and off-topic.

#454 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

The cards would exist on the server RMTd or not. If they were sold with Z would you have the same issue?

#455 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

An very tired of this discussion and disgusted with the server it should just close in game money is worthless In purchasing this card the one for sale right now the top offer is a mjolnir set c'mon it here offering a god item set to beat the Rmt shows you how coveted it is am done trying to bring professional level competition to this server

Aura's mjolnir set? That guy is in 2ez isn't he now? DAAAAAAYUM.

#456 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Which is the same as going out and hunting GR for yourself. This is why I don't understand why people believe GRs will suddenly flood the servers. It won't. A server as old as chaos did not have everybody wearing GRs (and believe me, plenty were RMT'd) and getting one 6-7 years after the server opened was still difficult.

#457 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

I don't understand how 20 GRs would get added to the market.

The point I was trying to make is that assuming adding x GRs will be the same on Classic as it was on Chaos is stupid. 2 GR cards is 1% of the population. Even if we only generate 20 in a year, that's 10% of the WoE population per year.

I'm not worried about GR users. What I'm worried about is the life of the server. Chaos/Loki eventually ended up with a stupid number of GR users. Now we wil end up with at least as many GRs spread across 1/10th the people.

Even if the GR cards came out in a perfectly uniform distribution, 30 castles at 0 econ is 120 treasure chests, 60 of which contain OCAs.

560 OCAs per week is pretty close to 1 GR/week, assuming no forts are econned. And the OCA drop rate is so damn close to 100% anyways. That's be 41 a year, which is 20% of the WoE population. (4 chests/castle 2 of which have OCAs in them, rite?)

If we didn't have 1.5x server drops AND if HEGum did not effect castle loots, I'm perfectly fine with it.

But we don't have that. It's a problem.

#458 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

same as if you killed 2000 GRs. Hmm.

Except it takes a large amount of time, and effort to kill 2,000 GR's, and anyone can do it - it's not exclusive to large guilds.

#459 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

The cards would exist on the server RMTd or not. If they were sold with Z would you have the same issue?

!!!!
NO! because at the time when I had 10bil zeny (which afaik nobody else had that much at the time) The THREE GRs I bid on were all beat out by cash offers! Isn't that sickening?

THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT HERE.

#460 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

I've always said that gum should never have worked on treasure boxes. Which is where the problem lies in the first place. You do say that GRs will flood the server because of low population. But isn't that happening with god pieces already? This is not a specific problem to GR/DR, it is a universal problem because of gum working on treasure boxes.

Edited by Hrishi, 27 June 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#461 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Aura's mjolnir set? That guy is in 2ez isn't he now? DAAAAAAYUM.

I don't know who Aura leader is, but some people do join us for WoE, because it's fun.

#462 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Say you couldn't get a GR from OCA's, got mad and then sold god pieces to try to get one.

Well RMT > you trying to buy it. Zeny is worth money, ergo, you wouldn't like those odds, sure you'll get one eventually but atm, RMT is at little to what it can become.
Wait, Xell's just already prove that point...... LOL

Edited by Ramen19, 27 June 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#463 Zeddy

Zeddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

The point I was trying to make is that assuming adding x GRs will be the same on Classic as it was on Chaos is stupid. 2 GR cards is 1% of the population. Even if we only generate 20 in a year, that's 10% of the WoE population per year.

I'm not worried about GR users. What I'm worried about is the life of the server. Chaos/Loki eventually ended up with a stupid number of GR users. Now we wil end up with at least as many GRs spread across 1/10th the people.

Even if the GR cards came out in a perfectly uniform distribution, 30 castles at 0 econ is 120 treasure chests, 60 of which contain OCAs.

560 OCAs per week is pretty close to 1 GR/week, assuming no forts are econned. And the OCA drop rate is so damn close to 100% anyways. That's be 41 a year, which is 20% of the WoE population. (4 chests/castle 2 of which have OCAs in them, rite?)

If we didn't have 1.5x server drops AND if HEGum did not effect castle loots, I'm perfectly fine with it.

But we don't have that. It's a problem.

if you're concerned about the life of the server....i think you should be more concerned about the fact that only "200" people WoE and not about GR/DR in OCA's

Edited by Zeddy, 27 June 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#464 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Maybe you should hunt GR then. Its not the game's fault you don't have one. And its not the sellers fault for wanting a car instead of fake money. Just because they obtained it and don't want to sell it doesn't mean you are entitled to their business.

#465 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Just sayin, that's the mjolnir set that is trying to be sold for $$$$. So I mean trading up a hammer set for a GR is nigh on the same for that guy as just buying it for cash.

#466 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Okay sure instead of worrying about something we can easily influence lets discuss how Gravity has enough money to advertise this old game.

#467 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

if you're concerned about the life of the server....i think you should be more concerned about the fact that only "200" people WoE and not about GR/DR in OCA's

Yeah thanks for pointing that out. These people are acting like the server will be here in a year. Not at this rate it won't anyway.

#468 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Maybe you should hunt GR then. Its not the game's fault you don't have one. And its not the sellers fault for wanting a car instead of fake money. Just because they obtained it and don't want to sell it doesn't mean you are entitled to their business.

Their "business" as it were, is against the rules and should be ban-worthy. Unfortunately getting evidence for something like that is nigh impossible.

#469 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

I take huge objection to being second place to a BUNCH of cheaters.

It's supposed to be illegal, but its not. You care about balance? Lets talk about the people who ebay every mini and mvp card in to their collection so they're running stacked. The only way to beat that is to make it fairer and more feasible for everyone else to play catch up.

OCAs are gained by actually playing. The rate is pretty darned low and you guys are blowing it way out of proportion. We know you guys hate playing the game outside of WoE. We GET that.

Edited by Xellie, 27 June 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#470 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Yeah thanks for pointing that out. These people are acting like the server will be here in a year. Not at this rate it won't anyway.

Last WoE was the best WoE of the entire server.

The server(s) have always had too many castles open anyways.

#471 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Watch out for those people. At least you know who they are.

Anyone with the cash to RMT deserves what they get. A couple pixels and a round of laughter from me.

Edited by Scuba, 27 June 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#472 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

It's supposed to be illegal, but its not. You care about balance? Lets talk about the people who ebay every mini and mvp card in to their collection so they're running stacked.

RMT is in every game, you can limit it, but you can't prevent it - reality.

Who are all these RMT'ers you speak of? I don't even know lol.

#473 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

You damn well do know. And you know I can't name them here.

#474 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

I know a couple in Valhalla. Call me a Liar.

#475 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

I got that $15 VIP thing. Sold some Kafra boxes and bought some gear. Get @ me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users