Patch Notes (6/5/13) - Page 34 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes (6/5/13)

• Please log in to reply
868 replies to this topic

#826 Wuhh

Wuhh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

this is why GOOD modern mmos release with multiple leveling areas within same level range. only bad mmos have linear leveling. hell even 10 years ago smart devs knew this was key to making their playerbase happy(EQ, WoW, FFXI) shame there are companies that still haven't learnt a thing in 10 years.

WoW isn't 10 years old. And the choices when leveling weren't really that much fun. As for the Alliance side, either do the extremely grindy Kalimdor quests or switch over to Azeroth for a less annoying leveling experience (which most of the players did). That was pretty much the choice back then.

#827 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

WoW isn't 10 years old. And the choices when leveling weren't really that much fun. As for the Alliance side, either do the extremely grindy Kalimdor quests or switch over to Azeroth for a less annoying leveling experience (which most of the players did). That was pretty much the choice back then.

did i state WoW was 10 years old first off? i said 10 years ago, but its not like i was being 100% literal 10 years exactly going back from today. Also WoW is 9 years old, close -_- enough to 10 years ago, and i also listed other games, EQ is definitely 10 years old. Same for FFXI, also over 10 years old.

And Fun is subjective. I get it, you're a WoW hater its okay for you to not like WoW. But if you're gonna quote my post then speak with some god damn sense. The only thing i said is smart devs from 10 years ago realized the key to a successful game was to have multiple leveling areas because obviously people are going to play alts eventually, so its smart to have multiple leveling areas rather the same monotonous linear as-_- leveling path. Doing the exact same thing 5 times over with no different options is not fun at all. Whether WoW's leveling areas were fun or not, i guarantee you 100% people would pick WoW's multiple leveling areas(and EQs and FFXIs) over ro2's singular leveling path any day. to say otherwise is to be willfully ignorant.

#828 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

It isn't very fun post-job change either, when the quest system has already gone completely stale.

Eh, I dunno, it usually gets more interesting to me when I start getting to really play with skill sets and start getting prettier equips. I'd rate the fun of RO2 in tiers based on levels. Here's Flora's RO2 Scale o' Fun:
  • 1-25: Getting disappointed looks from your parents
  • 25-40: Road trip
  • 40-48: Road trip where you have to pee really badly
  • 49-50: Watching bad movies with your friends
  • Raids: Gordon Ramsay
  • Colo: Trying and failing to implement The Turtle Man's animal catching techniques

#829 Rockyx

Rockyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationEville
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

Post this stuff in the suggestion area... I'm not a mod and its burning my eyes to read this stuff...

#830 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Eh, I dunno, it usually gets more interesting to me when I start getting to really play with skill sets and start getting prettier equips. I'd rate the fun of RO2 in tiers based on levels. Here's Flora's RO2 Scale o' Fun:

• Colo: Trying and failing to implement The Turtle Man's animal catching techniques

i'd agree with that, but i think what Nereida was on about is for alts. It then becomes
1-25: Getting kicked out by your disappointed parents
25-40: That disappointing feeling when you bounce from place to place as you cycle through your list of friends and family that'll let you stay for a few days to a week before getting passed around.
40-48: That moment when you realize you have to sell your body for money to eat and you can't remember when you last showered.
49-50: Get a missed call from your parents and your hope shoots through the roof to call them back thinking they'd let you come back but they just tell you they're throwing away your things and if you want to keep them then you need clear them out by the 1st.

....or something like that.

#831 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

"You call yourself a ****ing raider and you didn't bring any ****ing spinels. You're WORTHLESS YOU ****ING, STUPID, FAT DONKEY!"

Gordon Ramsey as a raid leader would be extremely intimidating. I saw a player with the name Ramsey not too long ago sporting his chef job (obviously) costume.

#832 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Eh, I dunno, it usually gets more interesting to me when I start getting to really play with skill sets and start getting prettier equips.

I wouldn't know about that. I got my last skill as I started Mapple Forest, so from there it's just lineas progression for me. And about the middle of Mapple I got my best armor set thus far (after that I got a confusing-sides-revealing armor and a cool looking plate paired with a miniskirt).
The only good things about Divided Plains have been the gunslinger NPC, falling off the scar of despair and surviving (i ended up using that path as a shortcut for daily quests) and the boxing ring near the entrance of Hell of Deadly Poison.

"You call yourself a ****ing raider and you didn't bring any ****ing spinels. You're WORTHLESS YOU ****ING, STUPID, FAT DONKEY!"

Gordon Ramsey as a raid leader would be extremely intimidating. I saw a player with the name Ramsey not too long ago sporting his chef job (obviously) costume.

Fun fact: There's a "Chef Experrt Gordon" in Bouquet Village. Although he doesn't sound even a tenth as angry as the artisan expert. He seems to be pretty happy to make za best dishes in the world.

#833 i7thSlayer

i7thSlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:- out of order

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Oh God! xDDDDD
Posted Image
xD Well people, I can only say: "Welcome to Gravity, where nothing of what they say is a joke!" What else did u people expected? xD
I played RO2 only the first week after its official launch and quit. "Why?!" Because it's run by Gravity. Already learnt, more then enough, not to trust this company, during my time playing Requiem. Still coming to forums just for the lolz and this is one hell of a lol. Though, I feel sorry for u guys for all the effort u put in this "event". =( But this is what this company does best. Anyway this is still better then watching drama xD

#834 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Ragnarok 2 US Patch Notes – June 5, 2013

C. Munil’s Costume Random Box II Through July 3 Alibaba, Goth, Rabbit/Cat

D. Munil’s Accessory Random box III Through July 3 Alibaba, Goth, Rabbit/Cat

B. Set effect through July 17: Set effect for Alibaba set items (+10 STR/AGI/WIS/INt/VIT, +30% item drop – when equipped both Alibaba hat and Alibaba costume)

In the end we made a mistake in oversight weeks ago, and we are doing all we can now to make it right.

I'd like to ask...
  • Do you plan on introducing those "thief pots" from SEARO2? That increase the drop rate for a while?
  • Do you plan on nerfing the normal drop rates down the tube to make players want to try for the alibaba costume, and/or buy thief pots, if you implement them?
I will not play if you do (nerf the normal drop rate), which is why I'd like to know.

#835 AyKalaam

AyKalaam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Title item: will get a level restriction of 40. The title itself will keep stats you all saw in the window. So consume the title item NOW to avoid the lvl restriction.

This does not make sense to me at all. I do not see why some should be able to use it before lvl40 and others not, based on when they happened to log on. There is no logic to there being a separation between those who were able to use the item before maintenance and those who weren't. If some could use it before lvl40, ALL who earned itshould be able to use it before lvl40. In the end, the distinction was meant to be made between those who supported the game during its initial stages by joining it early and those who didn't, not those who were on the boards before maintenance and those who weren't. I hope this is looked into and sorted. Thanks and kind regards.

#836 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

This does not make sense to me at all. I do not see why some should be able to use it before lvl40 and others not, based on when they happened to log on. There is no logic to there being a separation between those who were able to use the item before maintenance and those who weren't. If some could use it before lvl40, ALL who earned itshould be able to use it before lvl40. In the end, the distinction was meant to be made between those who supported the game during its initial stages by joining it early and those who didn't, not those who were on the boards before maintenance and those who weren't. I hope this is looked into and sorted. Thanks and kind regards.

The logic is that they need to enter maintenance mode to be able to apply the restriction.

#837 Rockyx

Rockyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationEville

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hurts more that I didn't get the full amount of titles and to top it off now my Ranger and Sin cant use them until 40 even if I get them /sob. Well still better than 5/5/0/4/5 or 12/12/12/12/16.

Edited by Rockyx, 05 June 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#838 MikoMew

MikoMew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Its really not fair for people who has to go to work and didn't get a chance to log on... please just let everyone use it.

#839 tabernacle

tabernacle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Founder title now gives +14 (was +30) to Wisdom. Is this intentional?

#840 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

It was always +14 to WIS. The +30s were to STR, AGI, and INT.

#841 AyKalaam

AyKalaam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

The logic is that they need to enter maintenance mode to be able to apply the restriction.

That technical part isn't what I don't understand. It is why that after they have decided to keep the stats as is, which is great, not all who earned it can use it equally. Some non level 40s get to use it and others don't. What is the logic behind applying the restriction at all then? How is that fair? And what would be the problem in letting all who earned it use it regardless of when they happened to be able to log on? You already know that many were able to use it, just don't apply the restriction. Quite upsetting. It creates and imbalance more than solve a problem.

#842 MikoMew

MikoMew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

That technical part isn't what I don't understand. It is why that after they have decided to keep the stats as is, which is great, not all who earned it can use it equally. Some non level 40s get to use it and others don't. What is the logic behind applying the restriction at all then? How is that fair? And what would be the problem in letting all who earned it use it regardless of when they happened to be able to log on? You already know that many were able to use it, just don't apply the restriction. Quite upsetting. It creates and imbalance more than solve a problem.

I exactly agree with you at first the event was for all those who are lvl 30 and i've achieved it with 2 char of mine but none of them got to use it since I was busy with work. Now you are saying that i spent all that time trying to lvl up my char is for nothing?! Where as other people can use it on their lvl 1 char... It really isn't fair.

#843 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

It's a mistake on their part that they had to patch with band-aids unfortunately, it's not fair... but you'll have to make due with it. After all the commotion caused and the fact that they didn't bother checking the title stats in-game, I don't really blame you guys for getting upset about it.

#844 tabernacle

tabernacle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

It was always +14 to WIS. The +30s were to STR, AGI, and INT.

Oh yea, my bad.

#845 MikoMew

MikoMew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

It's a mistake on their part that they had to patch with band-aids unfortunately, it's not fair... but you'll have to make due with it. After all the commotion caused and the fact that they didn't bother checking the title stats in-game, I don't really blame you guys for getting upset about it.

but seriously what difference does it make you already gave a limited amount of titles anyways even if I do use it all on my lvl 1 char the worse senario would be I lvl up quicker... so? If there was a problem then they should just take it away fully... Like seriously cause of this event I've been leting my computer sit while I was sleeping wasting so much money on energy bill and youre now telling me its for nothing?! I work in the Hospitality Service Industry IRL if the company made a mistake like that on the website they will honor that.

#846 Ser1ka

Ser1ka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

LOL QFT!

#847 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

but seriously what difference does it make you already gave a limited amount of titles anyways even if I do use it all on my lvl 1 char the worse senario would be I lvl up quicker... so? If there was a problem then they should just take it away fully... Like seriously cause of this event I've been leting my computer sit while I was sleeping wasting so much money on energy bill and youre now telling me its for nothing?! I work in the Hospitality Service Industry IRL if the company made a mistake like that on the website they will honor that.

backlash of them doing the bold would spell doom for the game.

#848 MikoMew

MikoMew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

backlash of them doing the bold would spell doom for the game.

Might as well they are screwing 3/4 of the community anyways I'd probaby get better service in a PS... and cheaper premiums too...

Edited by MikoMew, 06 June 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#849 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

Might as well they are screwing 3/4 of the community anyways I'd probaby get better service in a Private Server... and cheaper premiums too...

more bang for your buck f2p wow-like game = runes of magic. better in every conceivable way, except its just missing the anime graphic style and the ro1 nostalgia factor.

#850 MikoMew

MikoMew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

more bang for your buck f2p wow-like game = runes of magic. better in every conceivable way, except its just missing the anime graphic style and the ro1 nostalgia factor.

What are you talking about? I was talking about RO2 PS theres tons that you can get a peitit for free and much more...

Edited by MikoMew, 06 June 2013 - 08:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users