The Muse - 1st Class (Common / Offense / Support) - Muse - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Muse - 1st Class (Common / Offense / Support)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Please use this section to discuss any balance ideas you may have that you feel could help the class benefit from.

Keep in mind that we are not looking to create overpowered situations and not all suggestions will be considered valid if they are outside the design scope of the class.

#2 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

wish we have access to dash early on~ its so slow to move

ill post more...

#3 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Dash would be great early on.
Cure at level 1-5 does not heal enough, I can't keep one person healed while fighting 1 green mob, even with they using bananas as they can. The cooldown seems ok but the amount of HP in the heal is way too low. And if trying to heal me and a party member we die before I get 3-4 heals off. Even with 2 clerics healing a level 21 outside of Zant we had a hard time keeping our members alive even focusing our heals on one member. I have a lot of Int for the level but have not added charm yet, not sure if that would help but at these low levels we don't have enough points to add charm in my opinion. I have con to my level a little str from early levels and the rest in Int atm.
Focusing my sp on heal, buffs and one atk skill from the offensive tree. No passives yet. Oh, also have sword.

#4 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

my heal increases 1 point/charm (the first heal in the tree)

#5 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:Draconis / Leonis

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

I agree with Bendersmom on the healing. Sometimes you can't out heal low level mobs. CHA helps: heal lvl 1 and 60 CHA gives 215 HP. I am gaining only CHA atm and keep INT at wand level. This will give better buffs and heal. So far so good.

#6 Kitt

Kitt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

I noticed the same thing with the healing, so I'm banking points to max out Cure all at one time before relying on it to see if that helps at all. It's hard to solo given the animation and cool down to do anything but run away instead of beating the monster down, even with the Phantom Swords. They aren't doing much damage on their own, so I have to help with wand or damage spell attacks. It's a bit novel to be playing a Muse who relies so heavily on food instead of self-cures, but that's how it is at the moment.

#7 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

int doesn't increase heal amount or buff amount what so over only CHARM.. booo!

#8 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

I think I am confused on int and charm still. Will have to see how it goes. I thought int would give us decent heals and buffs and then charm would enhance them some. If all stays as is then you will max charm instead of int, which means we have no good gear. No gear has int and charm and I think running around in a Leprechaun outfit is ridiculous. Int should give us good heals and buffs and then if we want better ones for all classes add charm. People will rage if their high int gear is worthless.

#9 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

What I noticed is the bigger range (distance) the skills got. This is an advantage for healing people. Especially because there is only one healing skill that can be used. In this case you don't have to run around alot.
The bigger range also counts for buffing people.

#10 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

I have some doubts about some buffs in the support tab; why seperate hp and mp buffs? You always want them both. And why is the mdef buff in the support tab? You don't need mdef during pvm. And with INT on cleric, you dont need the mdef your self. What is the reason to implement this buff on a muse?

Edited by GilGrissom, 16 June 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#11 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

I think mdef should be in the 2nd class jobs, you don't need it at low levels. And instead add mspd to the 1st class buffs. You are so slow you can't get away from the mobs if you need to. And I love the range of our buffs and heals.

#12 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

plus the worthless mdef passives they have~~

the party buffs are ok since they can buff the summons too but what will happen to the IM party buff that we bought??????

#13 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

I believe we will still have all of our IM buffs and passives, but we might have to have all the in game party buffs to keep the IM buffs. not sure until second job and it goes live...unless leo will explain what will happen.

#14 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

wish we have access to dash early on~ its so slow to move

ill post more...

Absolutely. I was looking for dash in the skill while testing and was sure I'd find it and was shocked that it was missing. Dash has been a part of basic support skills on the muse since the beginning and has always been present since, even through out all the many upteen skill updates. Please put dash back. I couldn't imagine playing a muse without the dash support buff.

#15 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

I must admit i was surprised to see Movement speed Buff gone for lower lvls.
Due to the Support role that alot of Clerics choose, we need to be nimble on our feet and have the reflexes of a Ninja,
We need to be able to reach those who are in need of heals, buffs, res etc.
Please reconsider and place the Movement speed back for lower lvls.

p.s There's a Dunkin Donut in it for ya <3 Maybe a bottle of Beer....but due to supply, that's not a certainty -.^

#16 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Posted on the thread about us leveling. I don't think we need so much mdef when we are such low levels. It would be nice if some of the int gave us def and less mdef or something. Unless it will pay a part when the elemental part comes in.

#17 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

And int does increase your buffs and heals some I think but charm does a lot more.

Also the heal icons for the first 3 heals is the same.

#18 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

0 int = cure spell (lvl 5) heals 121 hp
50 int = cure spell (lvl 5) heals 121 hp
100 int = cure spell (lvl 5) heals 121 hp *other heals didn't increase too

10 charm = cure spell (lvl 5) heals 121 hp
11 charm = cure spell (lvl 5) heals 122 hp
12 charm = cure spell (lvl 5) heals 123 hp *other heals increased by 2 or 5 per 1 charm

for the buff i noticed that for evry 10+ int in gives 1 point
but for every 3 charm it gives 1 point

so charm boosts your heals and buffs while int does nothing to the heals and gives a pathetic increase to the buffs

#19 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yeah that is why I reset a number of times. If that is how it is going to change then we definitely need new gear. And people will rage about their int gear. I can't run around in leprechaun gear. I think Int needs to be a bit more worthwhile. And charm just a slight added benefit.

#20 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

Need mspd sooner for sure. Don't need mdef yet unless it is part of some master plan. Mages need summons!! Arties and bourgs both have summons and mages are squishy. I think they should have a summons. I love the skill mana shield, that is great.

I think I remember Leo saying that with the changes we will have to keep our in game party buffs to have our IM buffs. Which kind of wants to make me return them to Gravity. Why would I need them if it doesn't save SP? I hope the IM buffs will be a bit better at least than the in game ones, or it is a complete waste of real money. Guess we will have to wait and see. But i do love that to get in game party buffs it doesn't take sp. That is cool.

#21 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

or just remove charm its a waste of sp hahaha ---- wishful thinking

#22 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

I also tried out the muse skills for this session. I went strictly heals at first, seeing as how you get boosters early in the game if you do the quests. I didn' t have too much problems keeping my ppl healed thanks to that. I do agree mdef is really not needed at low levels, but dash would be nice. I do like the party buffs being available, and question what will happen to the IM buffs? Charm has too much of an affect on the buffs, we will all have to get rid of our int gears and go full charm. I hate how it takes 2 sp to get a passive. At least before I could get it with one, now I have to wait 2 levels before I can get it. MP comsumption was outrageous at low levels, thank goodness for the Elven Gears offered in Luxom Tower Valley.

#23 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

I've lvled my muse in a party and focused on fs. I have to agree, dash would be a nice thing, since it's impossible to help another partymember who is running away from a mob, the mob is simply too fast. However the m-def helped a lot vs ghosts (which seem to go for muses first). I think it's a pretty good thing that there is charm + int, it will allow a lot of different builds. Maybe you should scale down the effect of charm on buffs a bit, my solider (200)ap got 300ap with the maxed buff and a pure charm build. Since it takes ages to get bonfires i would like to see them to last longer+ be stronger.

lg bob

#24 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Charm has too much of an affect on the buffs, we will all have to get rid of our int gears and go full charm.

It was found that INT (and other base stats depending on class) were not influencing buffs correctly (it used the target's base stat instead of the caster's base stat). This has been corrected for the next testing session.

#25 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

to be honest i don't get the point of having 2 stats which got an effect on buffs, it will make stat builds less transparent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users