The Muse - 1st Class (Common / Offense / Support) - Page 2 - Muse - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Muse - 1st Class (Common / Offense / Support)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Cure
This is your first healing skill. Don't expect it to be your only healing skill you ever get to sustain yourself. At higher levels, with the right build, it will be a nice spot heal with the ability to also spot remove debuffs. This skill is intentionally not strong enough to support you through combat. For solo combat, use it as an in-between means to quickly get back to full and start your next fight. As a support use, you add a buffer to whoever is actively fighting to keep their HP up while they fight something down.

Stat increasing (INT/Charm) with Cure (and buffs/debuffs)
There seems to have been a bug where the base stat of classes was not affecting buffs correctly. This would undoubtedly have a bad impact to game play testing, but at least it was caught.
What you should have been seeing, with a cure at level 5, would be roughly 1 HP per 3 INT, in addition to Charm's effects.

Dash (MSPD)
With the introduction of mounts, transportation speed was less an issue. The fact that you can't outrun everything in a fight is something we want to be experienced. The consideration to look for more movement speed as a stat becomes a consideration.

MDef
MDef is important when facing a creature that does magic type damage. Yes, there are few monsters right now that do, but that is something we'll be looking to balance out and change in the future. Making more magic based monster will be a content task for us in the future, but doesn't necessarily impact skill balances right now. So for now, if you don't think the skill is useful to you, don't learn it.

Item Mall Buffs
You may have noticed that most of your class skills last for 10 minutes. The support skills last for 30 minutes, which is a nice bump up from normal game play. But you also may have noticed that the skills also have a party version already in-game which may feel like we just undid the point of the IM skills.
What's going to happen is the IM versions of the skills will last for 60 minutes. The skills will require that you have the required skill learned to max, in order to use the 'advanced party' buff. If you reset your skills, the IM skills will remain learned, but you will no longer be able to cast the skill until the requirement if fulfilled.

The point of the Item Mall buffs were originally a means to supply a party version of the single target cast skill. Not a way to gain the max level of a support skill and not need to spend the skill points to learn it.

The Muse Design
Buffs and healing were given a longer range for the sake of not needing to stand in the middle of the fight. You can stay in the back, support your friends while they battle things out and you give them support.

All single target buffs have no weapon requirement, so you are free to try to create any weapon build you want, but it won't be supported via the class.
The class skills that are intended for their unique traits, have weapon requirements. Staffs are required for AoE attacks, Wands for AoE party buffs and more advanced support skills.
Not having the ability to run away, shouldn't be the issue if you keep your distance to begin with. That's why range was extended so far. You don't need to run away anymore, unless you're standing too close to begin with.

I hate how it takes 2 sp to get a passive. At least before I could get it with one, now I have to wait 2 levels before I can get it.

But in some cases, now you don't have to spend 18 skill points either for one skill. The increased SP cost is justified by the fact that the benefits you get are permanent and are always "on."

MP consumption was outrageous at low levels, thank goodness for the Elven Gears offered in Luxom Tower Valley.

MP Recovery now has a more important role, as HP recovery also has an improved impact and effect during combat. Additionally, you could have also spent the 2SP to get MP Recovery as a passive, to which now you wouldn't need to rely so much on the equipment to provide it and choose a gear that might help you better offensively. Perhaps something with INT or attack power instead of MP Recovery. But this is an intended situation we wanted to provoke for players to overcome.

INT Gear (intended for buffing)
INT Gear will affect the buffs the same way as they do now. The difference is, is we're adding charm to the mix. This would be no different than if we added the influence to other stats as well and they all collectively add to buff strengths. We're just focusing it down to a single stat that has no other practical use to combat.

The point of having two stats is to split importance of role and impact of build.
If the buff strength was dependent on a single stat, while that stat already has other effects, it makes the weight of that stat much more important than the others to consider.
Naturally we want to let skills become stronger, not just in offense but also in utility. But some may find it more important to increase utility over offensive output. The utility may even overshadow the offense if done right, but that's a strategic matter for players to devise.

#27 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

INT Gear will affect the buffs the same way as they do now. The difference is, is we're adding charm to the mix. This would be no different than if we added the influence to other stats as well and they all collectively add to buff strengths. We're just focusing it down to a single stat that has no other practical use to combat.

Does that mean that buffs even play a more important roll since they are stronger?

Edited by SlowBob, 17 June 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#28 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

The monsters hurt a lot and some were chasing us all over the place. As much as I loved standing back further, when cure is your only heal and in a party of 6 the group died...then who do you think the monsters chased? The one standing in the back saying "wow I love the distance of my heals and buffs now".....dead. Seriously, even though I got the heals as fast as I could and used them all, I had a party of 6 of us. I tried to stand back but the pary heals are only 15m so I had to stand at least that close. And when all died I could not outrun the mobs. And my chicken kept getting hit so it would run away from me and leave me stranded with just my short legs running like hell.

Oh and don't even talk about the fact that the respawn when you do die, in a number of places, is where higher level mobs are. So as a cleric with short little legs, a chicken that won't stay with me and being squishy I could not get back to my party sometimes. Once I just scrolled to Junon and went in the safer route.

So either we need the mspd buff sooner or we need a bit more speed. The knights and bourgs were having the same problem trying to outrun the mobs and trying to return to the area where we were fighting.

I had an issue with MP in the beginning, once I started healing and all. Then I put the 2 sp in one of the MP recovery passives and never had a problem again. It worked out great. And I can see how adding more to the MP passives will help out later on with using that MP shield skill (forgot what it is called) which I liked very much.

#29 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Cure

Dash (MSPD)
With the introduction of mounts, transportation speed was less an issue. The fact that you can't outrun everything in a fight is something we want to be experienced. The consideration to look for more movement speed as a stat becomes a consideration.

what if the mount expires? newbies will be going from 1 place to another in a super slow pace...

#30 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

what if the mount expires? newbies will be going from 1 place to another in a super slow pace...

Thats a very good point and something I thought of while re-reading this topic. Clerics are support characters and the dash buff is part of his/her basic tool set. The only consolation for me is that I don't need to level a cleric up from 0 since I have a couple at my disposal at high level. Anyway, this is for feedback, and I've given some based on what I've seen so far.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 17 June 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#31 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

me too, i will not be affected by this since i have 5 clerics already but think about the NEWBIES ;P

#32 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Does that mean that buffs even play a more important roll since they are stronger?

Yes, it is one of the reasons they were scaled back further from what's on the live server, to allow for the influence to be greater without causing total game play breakage.

The monsters hurt a lot and some were chasing us all over the place. As much as I loved standing back further, when cure is your only heal and in a party of 6 the group died...then who do you think the monsters chased? The one standing in the back saying "wow I love the distance of my heals and buffs now".....dead. Seriously, even though I got the heals as fast as I could and used them all, I had a party of 6 of us. I tried to stand back but the pary heals are only 15m so I had to stand at least that close. And when all died I could not outrun the mobs. And my chicken kept getting hit so it would run away from me and leave me stranded with just my short legs running like hell.

Oh and don't even talk about the fact that the respawn when you do die, in a number of places, is where higher level mobs are. So as a cleric with short little legs, a chicken that won't stay with me and being squishy I could not get back to my party sometimes. Once I just scrolled to Junon and went in the safer route.

So either we need the mspd buff sooner or we need a bit more speed. The knights and bourgs were having the same problem trying to outrun the mobs and trying to return to the area where we were fighting.

Or perhaps some monsters in the beginning areas need to have their movement speed slowed, so you have the opportunity to outrun them? Not all changes need to be about the characters to fix a problem. :) I can see in the starting areas the need to be able to out run a mob, as you are just beginning to explore and learn the ways of game play. But later levels, there are other means you could use to increase your base movement speed, where as in higher levels, you will have access to your movement speed buff as a Cleric again.

I had an issue with MP in the beginning, once I started healing and all. Then I put the 2 sp in one of the MP recovery passives and never had a problem again. It worked out great. And I can see how adding more to the MP passives will help out later on with using that MP shield skill (forgot what it is called) which I liked very much.

I'm pleased to see that you were able to figure out and foresee the use of how some skills can play in to one another. :D Keep looking, trying new things and keeping things in mind! I had some very intentional skill design combinations setup to cater to certain types of game play. ;)

#33 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thats a very good point and something I thought of while re-reading this topic. Clerics are support characters and the dash buff is part of his/her basic tool set. The only consolation for me is that I don't need to level a cleric up from 0 since I have a couple at my disposal at high level. Anyway, this is for feedback, and I've given some based on what I've seen so far.

If the mount expires, you haven't been playing much. Though in time I'm sure we'll introduce low level permanent mounts through quests, for now 15 days was felt to be more than enough time to be able to get around and get started in to game play.

I understand you guys miss the movement speed buff, but there were more reasons for me to move it than to let it stay and I haven't seen it cause game play to be unstable or unplayable. The few points brought up were not being able to run away from monsters at lower levels, which is perfectly valid, and to help handle that I will be reducing their running speed so most can be outran in those dire moments. But seeing combat be given considerations is something that was being worked towards.

#34 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Everytime I use a attack skill, the other attack skills also go into the "cooldown time". Is this a glitch or intended? Like I have 3 skills in my hotbar. I use one and the other 2 also enter into cooldown time (but with a much less cooldown time).

Also I don't like the fact that the IM buffs are worthless now. If you are putting party buffs in the game (which I think is great), you should remove the IM buffs and give the IM points back, then the person can choose whether buy them again or use the points on something actually useful. I bought them because they were the only way to party buff and now I feel that I wasted money.

#35 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Also it would be MUCH better to test the new skills if we could use our already high level chars. What's the point of the test server if you can't compare the new system with the old one ('cause no one will level that high in the test server)?

#36 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

And I don't like the fact that charm affect healing and buffs. Makes no sense. Even since iRose it didn't work that way. Yeah, I don't like changes (and GOD, YOU GUYS KEEP CHANGING THE GAME SYSTEM).

#37 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised at the changes made. Yes, it will take me forever to find the right int/charm ratio, and a good build for my cleric. But I love the addition of sleep, the party buffs, and the fact that party buffs and heals work on the summons. Yes I said the mp consumption at low levels was outrageous. But I did get the low level Elven Gears offered from the Luxom Tower Valley quests, and they helped a lot. I also feel that maybe, this could create a market for such gears, as well as low level mp recovery items. So I am not too upset by that. Overall I am very pleased, and look forward to the implemetation of these new skills. I will continue testing as long as possible.

#38 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

If the mount expires, you haven't been playing much. Though in time I'm sure we'll introduce low level permanent mounts through quests, for now 15 days was felt to be more than enough time to be able to get around and get started in to game play.

I understand you guys miss the movement speed buff, but there were more reasons for me to move it than to let it stay and I haven't seen it cause game play to be unstable or unplayable. The few points brought up were not being able to run away from monsters at lower levels, which is perfectly valid, and to help handle that I will be reducing their running speed so most can be outran in those dire moments. But seeing combat be given considerations is something that was being worked towards.

As for mounts, yes I don't always play solid for 15 days. I work, do other things, and come back later. But oh wait, the mount has expired in the mean time and I'm now slow as cold molassas in January. Back in the beginning, being able to run buff myself was helpful in getting around. It's still of benefit if I took some time off from the game and the mount expired.

I still see the run buff is BASIC for a muse. To me, losing this basic buff seems like another nerf to a character the "used to" be fun to play and has become less so. I like a little less of "this is how it's going to be" and more of, "well see if we can rethink this". It's part of the "art" of enticing us to spend our hard earned mony on the game if you get my drift, basic business 101 kind of stuff.

Muses need a run buff as part of their support role, they need it so they can keep up with some of the characters they are supposed to be supporting, assuming some of them have a self run buff, and they need it to be able to get around without a mount.

#39 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

As for mounts, yes I don't always play solid for 15 days. I work, do other things, and come back later. But oh wait, the mount has expired in the mean time and I'm now slow as cold molassas in January. Back in the beginning, being able to run buff myself was helpful in getting around. It's still of benefit if I took some time off from the game and the mount expired.

I still see the run buff is BASIC for a muse. To me, losing this basic buff seems like another nerf to a character the "used to" be fun to play and has become less so. I like a little less of "this is how it's going to be" and more of, "well see if we can rethink this". It's part of the "art" of enticing us to spend our hard earned mony on the game if you get my drift, basic business 101 kind of stuff.

Muses need a run buff as part of their support role, they need it so they can keep up with some of the characters they are supposed to be supporting, assuming some of them have a self run buff, and they need it to be able to get around without a mount.

What? They are removing the dash buff from clerics? Really? Is this how they are trying to fix the ultra-high-speed-movement abuse in the game? Removing the dash buff seems to be a really stupid way to fix it. There are other and more efficients way to balance it, like removing the 60/40 status on items and reducing the speed % on hawkers self-buffs. Also the mount system is really nice, but they don't replace dash buffs (you can't attack in a mount, for example). Don't try to "fix" what's not broken, Leonis. Please. Find another solution to that problem.

#40 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

What? They are removing the dash buff from clerics?
Nope they don't. The only change is that they moved it from the muse skilltree to the cleric one.

#41 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

What? They are removing the dash buff from clerics?
Nope they don't. The only change is that they moved it from the muse skilltree to the cleric one.

Well, better than nothing. Still i think they should have it in the muse job...

#42 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Everytime I use a attack skill, the other attack skills also go into the "cooldown time". Is this a glitch or intended? Like I have 3 skills in my hotbar. I use one and the other 2 also enter into cooldown time (but with a much less cooldown time).

This is the global cooldown that goes in to effect to most combat skills. The global cooldown is 1 second and for the most part, doesn't affect skill use too much.

Also I don't like the fact that the IM buffs are worthless now. If you are putting party buffs in the game (which I think is great), you should remove the IM buffs and give the IM points back, then the person can choose whether buy them again or use the points on something actually useful. I bought them because they were the only way to party buff and now I feel that I wasted money.

IM Party buffs will be given a 60 minute timer to them so they can retain their usefulness in length of game play convenience.

Also it would be MUCH better to test the new skills if we could use our already high level chars. What's the point of the test server if you can't compare the new system with the old one ('cause no one will level that high in the test server)?

We're working on trying to allow for a test on Pegasus where we use live server data, however we cannot merge Leonis and Draconis data in to Pegasus without a lot of problems. So we may just do 1 day of Leonis, 1 day of Draconis.

And I don't like the fact that charm affect healing and buffs. Makes no sense. Even since iRose it didn't work that way. Yeah, I don't like changes (and GOD, YOU GUYS KEEP CHANGING THE GAME SYSTEM).

Yes, the game does keep changing, that's part of the evolution of game play. Things will change, be added and altered as needed to incorporate new game play updates.

CoffeeMuse, I gave you the statement to why it was moved. As much as I appreciate the feedback, you're now repeating yourself, as to which I would be doing the same. Other alterations have been made regarding your reasoning behind why having movement is important, however no other class makes these complaints that do not have access to a movement speed buff of their own and I see no reason why Muses' have cause to complain other than they you're used to it. The issue of travel is one everyone faces and deals with in their own way. I personally don't have much of an issue with travel time in many areas and many times I forget I even had the Choropy mount to begin with and not having a buff didn't seem to phase me much either. Certainly it's a difference to game play style, patience and drive, but as a whole, it wasn't a game breaking issue and ultimately had more reasons to move it than to keep it where it was. You can disagree, there's nothing wrong with that, but so far I've not seen enough reason to justify changing the decision of moving it to the Cleric's skill tree.

Though I know I have these forums up for feedback to help improve on game play, this is one of those development design decisions that isn't likely going to change. Sorry to everyone, hate me if you will, but there are several intended reasons why this was done.

#43 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

This is the global cooldown that goes in to effect to most combat skills. The global cooldown is 1 second and for the most part, doesn't affect skill use too much.

IM Party buffs will be given a 60 minute timer to them so they can retain their usefulness in length of game play convenience.

We're working on trying to allow for a test on Pegasus where we use live server data, however we cannot merge Leonis and Draconis data in to Pegasus without a lot of problems. So we may just do 1 day of Leonis, 1 day of Draconis.

Yes, the game does keep changing, that's part of the evolution of game play. Things will change, be added and altered as needed to incorporate new game play updates.

CoffeeMuse, I gave you the statement to why it was moved. As much as I appreciate the feedback, you're now repeating yourself, as to which I would be doing the same. Other alterations have been made regarding your reasoning behind why having movement is important, however no other class makes these complaints that do not have access to a movement speed buff of their own and I see no reason why Muses' have cause to complain other than they you're used to it. The issue of travel is one everyone faces and deals with in their own way. I personally don't have much of an issue with travel time in many areas and many times I forget I even had the Choropy mount to begin with and not having a buff didn't seem to phase me much either. Certainly it's a difference to game play style, patience and drive, but as a whole, it wasn't a game breaking issue and ultimately had more reasons to move it than to keep it where it was. You can disagree, there's nothing wrong with that, but so far I've not seen enough reason to justify changing the decision of moving it to the Cleric's skill tree.

Though I know I have these forums up for feedback to help improve on game play, this is one of those development design decisions that isn't likely going to change. Sorry to everyone, hate me if you will, but there are several intended reasons why this was done.

Global cooldown? I don't want to be rude, but I'm gonna have to: that is the most stupid idea ever. For jobs that spam spells (like a mage), this is a big issue. It isn't for other jobs that can rely on meelee, but for a mage it's gonna be a big thing (can you imagine a PVP between a raider and a mage?). I'm pretty sure that for the biggest part of the players, this will make them unhappy.
As for the IM buffs, buffing doesn't take more than 20 secs. The duration of 30 minutes for the non-IM one is already enough. I don't need to pay extra cash to not be bothered for 20 secs every 30 minutes. And I really feel like I was deceived. If you are going to change the system for that, think about returning the IM points spent to your clients and not pissing them off (ask what the marketing department at your company think about that).
It's hard to have a final opinion without testing the new system on my high level guys. I'm looking forward to test them on Pegasus and have a better opinion about it.

About the dash buff, I've read somewhere that it'll be available for clerics. But I still don't agree on it not being available as a muse buff (which means that mages won't be able to have it either). It's a very basic skill and has been in the game for ages. Doesn't make any sense to remove them. Like I said in another thread, if you are trying to fix the high-speed-movement abuse, there are other more efficient ways.

#44 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

rodolfocm, I don't mean to be rude, but have you played yet on Pegasus? Just curious because if I find out you haven't and you're just going purely off speculation all your input is going to be ignored. Just saying. So far, the only ones I've been seeing complain about the global cool down is people who haven't played yet. Many that used to be against the idea, once they experienced it noticed it really had very little impact to the game play. Though you're welcome to button mash, even on the live server, you have to wait till the skill ends before the next will go off. There are other mechanical reasons why the global cooldown was implemented, but it was kept to a minimal for the sake of non-interference with skill use as it currently exists.

As for the IM skills, opinion noted, my suggestion is, don't buy them then. If you already have the skill, we're considering offering an in-game refund method where you can be given premium points to use to repurchase something else from the in-game Premium Shop. Otherwise, take some consolidation that you've had a great beneficial skill for quite some time.

As for the movement speed buff, no it is not an attempt to fix movement speed issues because the skill still exists. And yes, there are other more efficient ways, which will be addressed at a later date. But this was done for many others reasons, already previously stated and discussed in other threads.

#45 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

rodolfocm, I don't mean to be rude, but have you played yet on Pegasus? Just curious because if I find out you haven't and you're just going purely off speculation all your input is going to be ignored. Just saying. So far, the only ones I've been seeing complain about the global cool down is people who haven't played yet. Many that used to be against the idea, once they experienced it noticed it really had very little impact to the game play. Though you're welcome to button mash, even on the live server, you have to wait till the skill ends before the next will go off. There are other mechanical reasons why the global cooldown was implemented, but it was kept to a minimal for the sake of non-interference with skill use as it currently exists.

As for the movement speed buff, no it is not an attempt to fix movement speed issues because the skill still exists. And yes, there are other more efficient ways, which will be addressed at a later date. But this was done for many others reasons, already previously stated and discussed in other threads.

I wonder why you think that (I see that Genesis think the same). I DID play (check my account on Pegasus). Got a muse at lv28 I guess. And try to solo as a attack muse (mage wannabe) and you'll see HOW annoying the global cooldown is. It may have a small impact in other jobs, but it's gonna be a pain in the a** for mages.

Can you copy-paste the reasons you removed the dash buff? Untill then, I don't see a single good reason for that. Doens't mean I'm inflexible, but being marketing manager in a big company, I don't understand why you want to make changes that will make the experience with the product worse.

#46 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

With the recent addition of the mount system being implemented, traveling was a major issue over movement speed being poor at earlier levels. Aside from this, movement speed can be a powerful tool in combat. To be able to escape with no concern over the situation once you felt it was too much, we want players to better judge if they want to get in to a fight with a slightly higher concern over their chances of escape at earlier levels. For the Clerics, the consideration was on providing support skills that can make a difference in combat to let them be the unique sought out class for such support, not mages.

For Muse Support, which also is accessible by Mages, because of the nature of changes done for the support tree:
  • Attack Power
  • Accuracy
  • MaxHP
  • MaxMP
  • Defense
  • Magic Defense
All very basic forms of combat influence.

For the Cleric
  • Attack Speed
  • Movement Speed
  • Critical Rate
  • Dodge Rate
  • Damage Enhancement
  • Stat Enhancements
We felt are more advanced forms of combat considerations and can have a greater impact to the outcome. As they may be seen as minor, their actual impact can heavily influence damage output and the resolution of engaged combat.

For low leveling, there was initial concern about being able to flee from certain monsters and it was explained to be discouraging at the early stages. Adjustments were made to monsters at such early ranges to help compensate for that situation. Aside from that, as explained above, it was also an intended sting we wanted felt so that the stats of movement speed could be a consideration to combat, not just for zipping around like a monkey on a caffeine high.

If you're having problem with an offensive muse, you may want to consider breaking any existing habits of build and expectancies to how to build a muse, because this entire update is intended to refresh game play. I have tried a muse in both support and offense, in many different builds, none had issues leveling alone or with party, in fact it felt pretty easy I at one point had a consideration of reducing some of their skills, however I was reminded of the offset of their design which was, standing toe to toe with a monster was a bad idea. You are squishy as a muse, your advantages are range and hitting hard from that range. If you're walking up and meleeing monsters, you're not playing the class as it was intended and you will face difficulty. I had no problems with the global cooldown, most skills aren't even finished with their animation before the cooldown is done and the few that are, you now face the same forced pause every other class does.

#47 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

With the recent addition of the mount system being implemented, traveling was a major issue over movement speed being poor at earlier levels. Aside from this, movement speed can be a powerful tool in combat. To be able to escape with no concern over the situation once you felt it was too much, we want players to better judge if they want to get in to a fight with a slightly higher concern over their chances of escape at earlier levels. For the Clerics, the consideration was on providing support skills that can make a difference in combat to let them be the unique sought out class for such support, not mages.

For Muse Support, which also is accessible by Mages, because of the nature of changes done for the support tree:

• Attack Power
  • Accuracy
  • MaxHP
  • MaxMP
  • Defense
  • Magic Defense
All very basic forms of combat influence.

For the Cleric
  • Attack Speed
  • Movement Speed
  • Critical Rate
  • Dodge Rate
  • Damage Enhancement
  • Stat Enhancements
We felt are more advanced forms of combat considerations and can have a greater impact to the outcome. As they may be seen as minor, their actual impact can heavily influence damage output and the resolution of engaged combat.

For low leveling, there was initial concern about being able to flee from certain monsters and it was explained to be discouraging at the early stages. Adjustments were made to monsters at such early ranges to help compensate for that situation. Aside from that, as explained above, it was also an intended sting we wanted felt so that the stats of movement speed could be a consideration to combat, not just for zipping around like a monkey on a caffeine high.

If you're having problem with an offensive muse, you may want to consider breaking any existing habits of build and expectancies to how to build a muse, because this entire update is intended to refresh game play. I have tried a muse in both support and offense, in many different builds, none had issues leveling alone or with party, in fact it felt pretty easy I at one point had a consideration of reducing some of their skills, however I was reminded of the offset of their design which was, standing toe to toe with a monster was a bad idea. You are squishy as a muse, your advantages are range and hitting hard from that range. If you're walking up and meleeing monsters, you're not playing the class as it was intended and you will face difficulty. I had no problems with the global cooldown, most skills aren't even finished with their animation before the cooldown is done and the few that are, you now face the same forced pause every other class does.

Dash isn't used to move great distances. For that we use carts and the mounts. Dash is used in combat: muses can run fast to heal the other players and the other player can move fast to a mob that is attacking someone that is in danger. So removing it makes the game move slow when in a leveling situation. That's why mounts won't substitute dash in all cases (actually in few of them).

As for the global cooldown, that's exactly what I meant: mages should be able to attack hard and from far. But try soloing a monster: the moment you use your first spell, you'll draw the monster attention and it'll reach you before you can send your second spell. By the time you sent your third spell, you already received 1 or 2 hits. It makes the mages attack REALLY slow. And it doens't recharge as the animation ends. You still have to wait like half a second. I'm not sure if any MMORPG use this system, I haven't played many. But it doesn't make any sense and will be a big deal for mages. I have played as muse for years and I'm really annoyed for this change. You can change a lot of things, but this will be a bad thing for sure.

#48 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

muses can run fast to heal the other players

The range of casting was extended greatly to remove the need to have to 'run after' party members. If you have to run after a party member at this point, its the player running away, not the support who's not being considerate of the team.

and the other player can move fast to a mob that is attacking someone that is in danger.

Get a soldier with taunt, that is exactly what the skill is designed for.

So removing it makes the game move slow when in a leveling situation.

Reports thus far, no one's made mention to that, short of not having refines available.

That's why mounts won't substitute dash in all cases (actually in few of them).

According to the situations you've provided, mounts don't apply to any of them.

mages should be able to attack hard and from far.

They do.

But try soloing a monster: the moment you use your first spell, you'll draw the monster attention and it'll reach you before you can send your second spell.

It is becoming obvious to me that you haven't played or you're not applying yourself to the changes. The spell range was extended, I can cast 2-3 spells before a monster reaches me, if cast at the full extent of range. If combined with a spell like cold bolt, I can get 3-4 off, because of their reduced movement speed.

I'm not sure if any MMORPG use this system,

Quite a few do. Various mechanical and control design reasons behind its function, is why it was implemented for ROSE as well.

I have played as muse for years and I'm really annoyed for this change. You can change a lot of things, but this will be a bad thing for sure.

Indeed it does change things, but that's why updates happen. And this is one of the changes we're implementing. I appreciate your feedback and argument against it, but I'm finding a lot of your points to be from a lack of experience in testing the update. As I mentioned, pretty much everyone who's been testing has retracted their initial statements against it after discovering it had minimal impact to skill use, because you're waiting for the skill's animation to finish, not the global cooldown.

#49 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

The range of casting was extended greatly to remove the need to have to 'run after' party members. If you have to run after a party member at this point, its the player running away, not the support who's not being considerate of the team.

Get a soldier with taunt, that is exactly what the skill is designed for.

Reports thus far, no one's made mention to that, short of not having refines available.

According to the situations you've provided, mounts don't apply to any of them.

They do.

It is becoming obvious to me that you haven't played or you're not applying yourself to the changes. The spell range was extended, I can cast 2-3 spells before a monster reaches me, if cast at the full extent of range. If combined with a spell like cold bolt, I can get 3-4 off, because of their reduced movement speed.

Quite a few do. Various mechanical and control design reasons behind its function, is why it was implemented for ROSE as well.

Indeed it does change things, but that's why updates happen. And this is one of the changes we're implementing. I appreciate your feedback and argument against it, but I'm finding a lot of your points to be from a lack of experience in testing the update. As I mentioned, pretty much everyone who's been testing has retracted their initial statements against it after discovering it had minimal impact to skill use, because you're waiting for the skill's animation to finish, not the global cooldown.

I already told you i DID play in Pegasus. If you don't believe me, check my account in it. I'm not a kid that make assumptions based on rumors. And I can't use 3-4 spells before the monster reach me. Something is wrong in the test server then.
If you are making the global cooldown (which I still don't see a reason why), make them only in the same family of spells. For example: muses have 4 families of offensive spells (the thunder one, the ice one, the fire one and the non-elemental one). Each family has 4 spells, right? Make THEM connected. So the global cooldown won't affect the other family of spells. Example: if I use a fire family spell, the global cooldown won't affect the ice family spells. See my point? It's something between your new system and the current one.
By the way I also noted that spells now enter a cooldown only when you actually cast them, not when you press the hotkey button. It's something different that will prevent spells abuse but I agree with it. But adding global cooldown to that will make mages life harder than any other class's life.

#50 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

By the way, is the new skill system scheduled already? Or any idea on when it'll come online?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users