New renewal server? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New renewal server?

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#51 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

I am levelling chars to 150/50 Thank you very much and I understand your point of view that it would take longer to 150/50 without TI's However no other official server has these TI's in place and they don't have issues getting to 150/50.

#52 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

However no other official server has these TI's in place and they don't have issues getting to 150/50.

100% true :) why can't iRO just be like the other official servers minus the extreme issues regarding their cash shop? Why do we have so much custom changes like backslide in woe, turn ins, etc etc. Anyway just to stay on topic, why not make a separate server without all these iRO only changes? Who knows it might be a success.

#53 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

I'm happy I don't have to leech my support and unwanted characters all by myself, so for one, I appreciate iRO's team initiative to give players a chance to be able to party anytime, regardless of your class n_n

Also, I believe there's not enough of a playerbase to justify more than one renewal server anymore...

Edited by meli, 23 June 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#54 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

I dunno why they couldn't have just merged YG with the pay server and kept valk out of it. Valk was the bot haven and the home of most cheater/hackers/glichers/whatever of this game.

I think the merge pretty much ruined the low bot numbers because if they made a new server and even if they named it YG again the bots would like go in mass like they did to the new classic.

Valk server was fine by itself, it was the only server with robust population despite having bots. Valk's problem was the dirty zeny that caused gross inflation in its markets. The bot problem has plagued RO since the beginning of time. Clearly it is a problem to the economy but what screwed everyone over is Ymir. Ymir's overabundance of all items is likely more problematic than botted items. Ymir is the home of the most cheaters (I mean really? We've all seen Xellie.com; the server died because of cheating). The markets of the three servers were also very incompatible, Ygg having the least amount of items and zeny. The idea of a three-way merge was better theoretically than it was realistically. Taking WoE guilds from different servers and putting them all into one for the purpose of revamping the WoE scene proved to be too much for the server to handle. Management post-merge went on a downwards spiral (overcrowding in Eden, lag of all kinds, bugs and glitches, obscure nerfing), though I will say this community is impossible to satisfy. Yeah this server's pretty bad and there are lots of reasons to it. Ygg seems to have been the cleanest and healthiest server of them all.

#55 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

they worried about poulations of each server to much.... ygg seemed to like their low population... ymir did not... gravity sees numbers... they dont look beyond that... like what did people on ygg like and what did people on ymir NOT like... valk just kinda got dragged along for the hell of it... they didnt really think about what the effects of merging all three servers would be... they just saw that the population would be bigger... i would like to see what the population would look like if they made dual clienting impossible for a week... to get a better idea of how many players were ACTUALLY online at a time...

#56 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

I remember from time to time I used to look at the other servers on Choobs prior to the merge and I remember telling myself "well that's pretty sad" because it was pretty much the same guilds getting all the castles, now I look at Chaos and see the same exact thing. People like to dis Valk server but fail to realize that while it certainly had its issues, the WoE scene was probably the most healthy. I remember it being really rare to see a guild holding more than 2 castles per WoE and there were so many up-and-coming sort of guilds playing and competing too.

Now you see several guilds pulling that off and it's not even impressive anymore.

Edited by Alaska, 23 June 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#57 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

omg, f-c-k o-f-f with the TI hate whatever.

if you already have either tons of maxed characters or want to stick to one class forever...

I suggest you shut up, because that mean, you are not one of the peoples who are levelling to 150/50 with renewal exp mechanic

Lol your butt must be really hurting for that TI to stay. Your opinion vs theirs. You want the voice to shut up so it gets louder instead of scream foul and hurtful words to get negative attention say something intellectual for once and maybe some one will listen to u excluding me.

(Breathes)................................

OK now i got that outta the way , I agree we should take out Eden all together but if not for ^ guy up there, we could change it around and remove gramps and place other npc's around the Ragnarok maps and give Turn in's like we did in pre ren. You would still be able to lvl 100- 150 you just have to move ur char a bit more and maybe have the game look alive instead of a cluster (Sensor) you know what i was gonna say :) well this game does have good content provided that people wants to do them and have FUN. ^.^ End Game is to over rated i say. But I Digress, Just change it around and bring back BB to the maps of Ragnarok. YEA THAT'S RIGHT I WANT MY BLOODY BRANCHES BACK ON THE MAPS.

(HMPH)

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 23 June 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#58 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

At this point, taking out TIs wouldn't solve anything imo. Leveling is a part of an MMO, and so is getting to play with actual players by partying. Everything from recruiting to the actual questing involves party play. Guaranteed that if TIs were taken out, parties will only be small guild parties. Experienced players will never play with the less experienced, making leveling even more exclusive.

#59 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

i wouldnt mind another ymir again. i really hate free servers.

#60 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Lol your butt must be really hurting for that TI to stay. Your opinion vs theirs. You want the voice to shut up so it gets louder instead of scream foul and hurtful words to get negative attention say something intellectual for once and maybe some one will listen to u excluding me.

(Breathes)................................

OK now i got that outta the way , I agree we should take out Eden all together but if not for ^ guy up there, we could change it around and remove gramps and place other npc's around the Ragnarok maps and give Turn in's like we did in pre ren. You would still be able to lvl 100- 150 you just have to move ur char a bit more and maybe have the game look alive instead of a cluster (Sensor) you know what i was gonna say :) well this game does have good content provided that people wants to do them and have FUN. ^.^ End Game is to over rated i say. But I Digress, Just change it around and bring back BB to the maps of Ragnarok. YEA THAT'S RIGHT I WANT MY BLOODY BRANCHES BACK ON THE MAPS.

(HMPH)

look at yourself bro. i just wrote 3 sentencessssss but you... (calculate yourself)

all the intellegence is in the words "renewal exp mechanic"

this is a international server not just a national server

p/s: to the mods that delete the posts read here : mods life

#61 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

look at yourself bro. i just wrote 3 sentencessssss but you... (calculate yourself)

all the intellegence is in the words "renewal exp mechanic"

this is a international server not just a national server

p/s: to the mods that delete the posts read here : mods life

Lol Butt hurt and giving concise explanation are two different things. ^.^ Giving 3 sentences is all u need to make a butt hurt :) But ill stop since you cant comprehend the meaning of explain your self oh well ! Guess some people just cant explain except scream a little and expect everyone to understand you. Bravo my friend you made your point ^.^

#62 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

my issue is with the huge lack of endgame content why race to the end? why do we need TIs just to hurry up and get to the end to have no choices other than PVP oriented activities or simply make new characters? meanwhile we get people who get to 150 very fast on multiple characters who get bored and quit because they dont want to pvp/woe... but if you ask those same people have they been to this place or that they have no idea what youre talking about... so many players have no idea where stuff is anymore because they start the game are directed to eden group to level then to TIs ... they use this as the sole way to level and end up having no idea about the rest of the world... they dont know how to farm gears or materials... they dont know how to use their skills... they dont know anything... then they start looking online to get info and they get info from private servers which is either out of date or completely wrong... this is not really helping the game stay alive... look how many threads pop up about new level caps... look how many 150 auras you see everywhere... maybe a slower pace to the game would give more people an appreciation for what this game is...

#63 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

my issue is with the huge lack of endgame content why race to the end? why do we need TIs just to hurry up and get to the end to have no choices other than PVP oriented activities or simply make new characters? meanwhile we get people who get to 150 very fast on multiple characters who get bored and quit because they dont want to pvp/woe... but if you ask those same people have they been to this place or that they have no idea what youre talking about... so many players have no idea where stuff is anymore because they start the game are directed to eden group to level then to TIs ... they use this as the sole way to level and end up having no idea about the rest of the world... they dont know how to farm gears or materials... they dont know how to use their skills... they dont know anything... then they start looking online to get info and they get info from private servers which is either out of date or completely wrong... this is not really helping the game stay alive... look how many threads pop up about new level caps... look how many 150 auras you see everywhere... maybe a slower pace to the game would give more people an appreciation for what this game is...

Couldn't have said it better than my self actually. That's why i was requesting to move Turn ins to the outer maps of the game. Make people explore like in pre ren. Remember Ice Titans, Or Dragons where u have to actually find a way to get there

#64 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

I miss when TIs were conducted on the actual maps where monsters spawn, I honestly really hate the instance maps with a cluster of random mobs. I remember one of the reasons they turned them into instances was to prevent parties from KSing solo-levelers, but honestly how many people are actually out on maps grinding? >_>

#65 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

im out on maps grinding...

#66 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I said "how many", not no one is doing it. A lot of the counterpart maps used in turn ins aren't used in the actual game.

#67 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

yea sadly i wish they return it back to the point u have to do Turn in s where u go to places lol

BRING BACK BB but not on TI maps to be fair?

#68 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Its true...YG was liked because most maps were just you and mabye 1-3 people. When some places on valk were absolutely impossible due to the bots like alligators, pyramid, to the point you'd want to pull your hair out. And on YG almost no shop had 10 of any card in it. It doesn't take 5 minutes on valk/chaos to find a shop you can tell 100% was botted since its overflowing with cards all from a botted area. GM's know those dead branch shops outside pront are botted, EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE, but are they ever banned? NOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE. Its not going to go away until Db's have so little value its not worth the bots time.

That event vending machine could be giving out dead branches as a reward right now with a super rare chance it accidently gives you a BB. BUT!, instead its giving out gingerbread cookies for a pet that not only we CAN'T use since it has no pet food even after being in game for ages. But recently was getting people in eden killed due to more brokeness of it. The event could even take medals for battlegrounds badges instead of a broken thing...Or really anything, I wouldn't mind purple boxes to try and gamble a HF. I don't need a hat since I'm not those classes so gingerbread cookies are the only option for me to buy or the noodles. And Isis isn't worth much plus I already got a max loyalty one.

Its true on YG most rare items you needed to hunt yourself, back on YG I self hunted a lot of my cards. But, that was pat of the fun and cards had way more value. Only reason I hunt cards on chaos (Which I almost never do with decreasing values due to bots) is because I'm bored. Unless a card is worth 30+ million on chaos its no worth my time because I make more greeding. Most random cards I pick up on chaos are worth 1 million or less which is so low I might as well just npc it.

I remember one item I was hunting a lot on YG, I got in like under a week on chaos due to all the people changing things up. And since i've gotten like 5+ more.

Idk about others but the orc dungeon low TI since there is so many people and that location is so small. That area can be hard to use at times. Like I was using earth deleter for sp and there wasn't enough mobs to kill to make up for the sp spent. If I was still on YG that wouldn't be a problem.

#69 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

I would gladly trade in the Eden crap for the return of repeatable TIs. At least the old TIs didn't have dumb cooldowns, you could keep doing it as often as you wanted and it encouraged people to get out into lesser used maps. I love exploring the RO world, but there's little to no incentive in-game to do so.

#70 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

They need to get caught up on tickets before doing anything else really..... tons of people waiting for weeks is a joke.

#71 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

I like the TIs, although when I first started out I didn't even know it existed since all i know was the Eden Boards, not Gramps. I did know people who had no idea what is Gramps and leveled until 102 at Stapos, and thought the server was dead because they don't see actual players in actual map, just botters. When they found out TIs, they realize how much more active the game really is and started making more friends through it, getting recruited into guilds and leveling faster kept them playing more.

The other way to get players to go to actual map to play again is to increase the spawn. I myself did used to level in Noggroad a ton because it was probably as fast as Turn ins or sometimes just faster when TI is bad.

I'm not sure if I would start on a new server all over again however. A;though I really did missed Valk server. WoE then really isn't as imbalance as how it is right now.. And at the rate it's going I am seeing another Ymir WoE Scenario that will kill the server again. =p Nobody really like to play on a server that is imbalance that way, where small guilds don't even stand a chance against big guilds with 10 years worth of highend.. end game gears and cards, as well as huge population of members.

Edited by WarlockFier, 23 June 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#72 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Aside from the points made by Meli, chiyo, and Alaska...it doesn't help that certain players are claiming that latency issues aren't a big issue during major guild fights in WoE either. "You were lagging? I wasn't lagging at all!" *Even though 90% of the server says it is.* It's still a problem in today's WoE ever since the merger. You just don't see it as much because the battles aren't as big as it was just out of the merger.

edit: And I noticed Kieri is supporting the removal of TI's. That is not going to help things at all. In fact, it's going to be detrimental to any potential growth the server can have in the future. It would open a gap between older players and newer players by an insurmountable means. It doesn't just mean slower leveling for players that don't already have higher leveled characters, but it also means slower means of getting KVM gears. KVM gears are essential to certain classes for WoE. Partying in Renewal for shared Exp without TI's isn't going to make things any faster either. Leveling to 150/50 solo is pretty simple and easy for many classes, but not all of them. Good luck getting that Wanderer to 150/50.

Edited by GuardianTK, 23 June 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#73 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

I can't even imagine how TERRIBLE the price of some needed 3rd class items will be like pile bunker when there's only 1-3 on the server.

dude, getting a pile bunker right NOW is TERRIBLE. are you kidding? the mechanic class is the biggest joke in the game. look at these ragial sales for pile bunker:

June 13
May 30
may 25
April 14
April 4

and Brocca sales are hardly any better. the price of brocca has tripled in the past 5 months because of players actually expressing interest in playing mechanics again. they come up with this awesome idea for a mecha class, and then screw ALL of us over by only making 1 viable weapon thats impossible to get and even making a skill completely reliant on having this weapon.....WTF. Sure you can use an overupgraded enchanted hurricane fury (which is also very hard to get), but the damage is nowhere near pile bunkers damage and you have to lose a shield. They offered us no comprible weapon to use until getting Pile Bunker, or even a set to help us out. Mechanics and performers are the most neglected classes in the game. At least warlocks and priests and RKs and a couple other classes would have Mora sets to buy. Mechanics would be just plain useless (even more so then now).

my point is that one of the biggest-_- ups in this game is not having sets for every class that are accessible by quests.

I am levelling chars to 150/50 Thank you very much and I understand your point of view that it would take longer to 150/50 without TI's However no other official server has these TI's in place and they don't have issues getting to 150/50.

they also have way more population than we have, have gotten updates way before us that help with leveling, get items that we dont get that make soloing easier, have leveling quests that we dont have, and have 10x more bots then we have because more people bot to 150. we didnt even get homunculus till like 5 years after they were already in kRO.

because the game would be insanely boring without TIs. not only is there no endgame, there is no midgame either. the game just sort of dies at lvl 99. no quests, only a few classes have sets to look forward to (which makes doing places like Mora completely pointless other then for money farming), and most of the leveling maps are either too empty to level at a reasonable pace (plus the low exp sucks) or are too hard for most classes to handle and require 100s of millions in healing items or rare healing hats (like seriously who the hell can level in thors volcano?). players have no idea where stuff is because theres no point in going to those places. why should i ever travel to jawaii? why would i ever go to dewata. most of my classes cant solo scaraba so whats the point of ever going there? exp sucks and there is no incentive to party up outside of TIs. partying up just means even less exp per hour and even slower leveling speed.

dont blame the TIs or the players that want them. the problem is warp portal and gravity. theyre too -_- lazy to add in new content, so they came up with TI as an easy bandaid to shut people up that the leveling in this game sucks. the funny part is, im on your side. i think having 1 turn in is the stupidest thing ever. there should be like 30 different turn in maps and a que system to find parties for them built into the interface instead of just 1 guy that sends you to 1 dungeon.

slowing the pace of the game is not the answer. it would just lead to the complete and utter final death of the game. its 2013. nobody wants to play grindfests anymore. we want a game packed full of content to give us our monies worth. gravity/warp portal need to seriously stop everything theyre doing, and work on a big fat content patch to add in:

-100s more leveling quests (every town should have like 10-20 quests to do) with cash rewards to help new players get started. people should be able to quest exclusively from 100-150 without ever once entering a TI (although having a final quest for each town that leads into a TI would be awesome)
-ALOT more dungeon instances for different level brackets (TIs)
-MORE endgame dungeons like ET. There should be like 5 dif versions of ET to keep maxed out players entertained (not saying they all have to be spiraling towers lol)
-a MASSIVE increase in KVM badge rewards for doing battlegrounds to encourage players to start doing them again. Theyre fun as hell but the measly reward you get makes it just another lame grind.
-SETS FOR ALL CLASSES! AND! sets for different level brackets. there needs to be a set for 100-125 and a set for 125-150. This would open up opportunities for them to also fix alot of the classes that are broken right now (such as RKs not having a leveling spell) and make classes that are currently dead, far more inviting to players (like having a set weapon for mechanics so that EVERYONE can play them)

was to prevent parties from KSing solo-levelers

people still do this now in TIs. ever try to solo a ti? god the ksing.....

I would gladly trade in the Eden crap for the return of repeatable TIs. At least the old TIs didn't have dumb cooldowns, you could keep doing it as often as you wanted and it encouraged people to get out into lesser used maps. I love exploring the RO world, but there's little to no incentive in-game to do so.

The cooldown is utter crap. its supposed to be a limiter cap to slow our leveling down, but all it does is make people lazy and leave the party as soon as their kill count is done. parties last like 15 minutes in high TI because noone wants to grind just to grind. it really sucks if you love your character and want to just keep playing (especially for priests who cant just go out and solo). i agree with you. id rather have repeatable TIs that give less exp then just 1 turn in with a huge cooldown.

I like the TIs, although when I first started out I didn't even know it existed since all i know was the Eden Boards, not Gramps. I did know people who had no idea what is Gramps and leveled until 102 at Stapos, and thought the server was dead because they don't see actual players in actual map, just botters. When they found out TIs, they realize how much more active the game really is and started making more friends through it, getting recruited into guilds and leveling faster kept them playing more.

The other way to get players to go to actual map to play again is to increase the spawn. I myself did used to level in Noggroad a ton because it was probably as fast as Turn ins or sometimes just faster when TI is bad.

I'm not sure if I would start on a new server all over again however. A;though I really did missed Valk server. WoE then really isn't as imbalance as how it is right now.. And at the rate it's going I am seeing another Ymir WoE Scenario that will kill the server again. =p Nobody really like to play on a server that is imbalance that way, where small guilds don't even stand a chance against big guilds with 10 years worth of highend.. end game gears and cards, as well as huge population of members.

i couldnt save a damn penny before i knew about tis. i was trying to play a hunter and went completely broke from spending all my money on white potions. it got to the point where I COULD NOT LEVEL because i couldnt afford anymore healing items. like literally could not level at all anymore. then someone showed me TIs and it was a godsend because i no longer had to take hits and completely rely on healing myself. this helped me finally save up money and start being able to afford gear other then the eden set i was wearing. this is why i complain so much that quests dont reward ANY MONEY whatsoever. there is no way for a new player to get started up and its the #1 reason this game is going bankrupt. no new players = dead game

#74 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

yea sadly i wish they return it back to the point u have to do Turn in s where u go to places lol

BRING BACK BB but not on TI maps to be fair?

hahaha this guy... if you want me to explain more coz you dont want to use your brain... okay

about renewal exp mechani: read tk guardian post + there is exp penalty based on level difference

international vs national server: players from varities of playtime (work/sleep/collage/gaming time)

turn in at regular/real map: do you know the power of bots? The reason TI use special duplicated map is to get privacy from bot the exploiter. (i know coz i used to bo levelling real map TI in valk- a long past history)

Bloody branch in field- wanna troll the south pront afker?

#75 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

they also have way more population than we have, have gotten updates way before us that help with leveling, get items that we dont get that make soloing easier, have levelling quests that we don't have, and have 10x more bots then we have because more people bot to 150. we didn't even get homunculus till like 5 years after they were already in kRO.

My example would be fRO, and those items you're talking about people still 150'd without them before, i'm not trying to come off as someone who hates turn in's, they're here now and will stay so i'm not against them staying, what I was trying to put across is that people can level to 150 without TI's while this takes longer more content is explored within the game, It happens on every other official server with or without these "new items" that make levelling faster. Also about the Bots thing, I will again point at fRO it's very rare to see a spam bot or any kind of bot and kRO even less. However I can't speak about the others as I have no experienced them.

Edited by Kieri, 24 June 2013 - 02:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users