New renewal server? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New renewal server?

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#26 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

new renewal without eden and turn-ins. i vote.

that sounds incredibly boring. noone would play that server and it would fail. if you like playing boring games so much go play some backgammon with the other jaded old people in the park.

#hipster@idontlikefun#toocool4quests

Try getting past level 125 without TIs ;D

^this. most classes cant hold their own in pvm after 125. the monsters hp is too high for solo leveling. Exp wouldnt be so bad if monsters died faster. i blame balancing issues for that problem though. most of our spells become so weak vs monsters all because theyre trying to balance them with PVP and MVP at the same time

#27 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

I did like TIs a bit more when there was some variability in location and monster level range -- as of now you don't benefit much from grind xp if you are past the middle level point of your tier. It is a bit more "fair" but eh.

Nevar Forget, Vanberk/Isila TI of 2012.

o>

#28 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

The server is not the problem, you just need to learn how to make money better. I'm a returning player. Quit before renewal and I was on loki. I came back a few weeks ago and I am having no problems making money and filling my gear needs. I new server isn't the solution. Here is the solution. http://forums.warppo...h-or-die-tryin/ Enjoy.

It's not that people don't know how to make money and stuff. But who would be encouraged to do that really, when they can just buy a few WPE and sell for 150mil/1k? But that is not the real problem here, people have been doing wpe->zeny for ages anyway. It's just that the prices of things are so ridiculous and obviously those who have been on the server have a lot of advantages over the new ones, mainly because of items they released before which aren't readily available anymore. Well TO NEW PLAYERS at least. You gotta find people willing to sell you the stuff you need and sometimes it's just hard to do that when everyone else got what they want/need (items and zeny), and you don't.

#29 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:36 AM

^this. most classes cant hold their own in pvm after 125. the monsters hp is too high for solo leveling. Exp wouldnt be so bad if monsters died faster. i blame balancing issues for that problem though. most of our spells become so weak vs monsters all because theyre trying to balance them with PVP and MVP at the same time

You're not meant to be soloing, RO has always been a party game.

Edited by Kieri, 20 June 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#30 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

im doing just fine leveling solo without TIs at 128 currently... ive been solo farming ET over and over and over.... get the exp sell the loots buy a reset stone repeat... a level a day aint bad...

#31 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

No one wants to start new on a renewal server. The reason a lot of people don't want to move to the better server (classic) is cause they don't want to lose there gods/mvps.
GMs needs to give some incentives for Renewal players to move to Classic.

PLAY RAGNAROK NOT RENEWAL!!

#32 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

No one wants to start new on a renewal server. The reason a lot of people don't want to move to the better server (classic) is cause they don't want to lose there gods/mvps.

I feel the same except the other way around... I suppose classic brings in money for them to pay for updates though.

What ever happened to letting people ghost their 99/70 characters onto renewal to "try" it out? etc

#33 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

I would be probably playing a good renewal server without turn ins/eden mvp summoners/vip buffers/everything and KVMs capped at +10 upgrades/Dragon Breaths reduceable by demi gears. Or maybe a new classic server like we had in 2010.

I play both classic loki and renewal chaos [Id give an honest opinion renewal>classic because of woe hacks-endless cycle of bad players getting banned/acct binding craps/slow updates which really keep on killing this server] renewal got tons of dirty zeny/real cash bought mvps/gods, but well the server is still the main one and keeps getting new changes/updates and there are options for you if you wana play this play-2-win or earn-2-win mode. Ive got mvps/gods which I earned for hardcore 4 yrs gaming but that doesnt stopped me from playing/moving to classic, I liked pre-renewal because I missed playing champ/TKM and I could care less about WOE already for alot of reasons.

Ive tried bringing 11 ppl from renewal to classic but well, 7/11: they went back/still main renewal after quitting classic for the same reasons I posted above. You cant just simply push ppl or force them to move in Loki. The only ppl who really liked pre-renewal and dedicated ppl can only endure playing this dead server.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 21 June 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#34 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

I prefer Renewal to Classic, what I dislike I realizing I need 50billion zenny's worth of gear to be at the average level of competition with everyone else, the majority of which are old KP items.

Classic is neat but it's absolutely painful to level through (and I am not fond of HAVING to spend KP or earn millions to get reset stones just to job change a character) -- it's probably why so many pservers amp the exp rate by at least 3x.

Edited by mikayel, 21 June 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#35 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

I would play a new renewal server. I don't like Chaos at all and I wish I had played pre-merge Ygg server.

#36 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

renewal and classic systems are both broken in diferent ways :l

#37 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

True. Most people dont want to lose their gods, mvps, overupgraded items, etc. but I'm pretty sure there are also a lot of people wanting to start on a fresh server, especially those who were against the ygg/ymir/valk merge.

On another note, there are also people who don't want to go play Classic just because they're already well established on renewal. Sometimes it's simply because they don't want to go play a version of the game which has a fixed number of updates. Keep in mind that renewal is the main RO right now, it's the one being currently developed and Classic is just a thing of the past that people want to experience again. Nothing new to look forward to, no updates which would make you figure out how to handle NEW stuff in the game. Everyone knows what's gonna happen there so it's just like replaying a game you've finished a couple of times already.

I would be probably playing a good renewal server without turn ins/eden mvp summoners/vip buffers/everything and KVMs capped at +10 upgrades/Dragon Breaths reduceable by demi gears. Or maybe a new classic server like we had in 2010.

KVM capped at +10 is just plain stupid. Renewal's max upgrade level is +20 and kvm weapons get bonuses up until +14, so having them at +10 max is just....ugh. Let me just say that this is not Classic we're talking about. I agree with not having turn ins and all the eden stuff which kinda made iRO a "really easy mode" version of renewal RO. :)

#38 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

1 thing they could do to fix balance on chaos is to lower the cost of KVM pvp gear to 1/100th of what it costs now or change the exchange rate of EMB to KVM DRASTICALLY. i mean seriously how the hell do they expect anybody to be able to farm 2000 badges just for a weapon (thats like 400 merit badges) without joining matches....which means you have to join matches in non pvp gear and get completely slaughtered, and even then its still A MASSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE GRIND due to the extremely low amount they give as a reward for a match. no thank you. plus all of the 1 shot skills kind of ruined pvp. they should program them to have completely different mechanics in pvp or just disable them completely (gates of hell/guillotine fist im looking at you), but i suppose that would take too much effort on gravity's part, when all theyre interested in these days is finding new ways to milk the kp system.

#39 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

I do miss playing on yg...Few bots, a less screwed up economy due to bots, most people I saw were people and not bots. Finding mobs wasn't hard on all maps, most mvps would be around too/ People weren't usually placing DB/BB branches here and there on low level maps to kill bots/newbies.

More than just starting over being the reason I don't play classic, besides more grindy. I don't want to be locked out of having third jobs and knowing new content will dry up. And classic most time I hear its bot city and you can't buy many item already upgraded because the item lock. The early reset stone requirement as well, just is better for high spending cash shopper than lower spending/free.

I took a long break, came back and saw everything was merged. The reason I picked yg in the first place was it wasn't bot city. Dunno, why I didn't quit again right away because of that. Seeing bots, especially lvl 99 ones ticks me off still. If there ever was a new yg, I'd actually miss some things if I played smith again(lol, I'd have to like self torture to get one to mechanic again!) like orc dungeon 2. But I sure wouldn't miss a laggy chat room spammed eden over one where people were talking about things.

Uncrowded/unspammed eden was the best.Things being more expensive doesn't mean much when most things sell for more without the bot economy.

I dunno why they couldn't have just merged YG with the pay server and kept valk out of it. Valk was the bot haven and the home of most cheater/hackers/glichers/whatever of this game.

I think the merge pretty much ruined the low bot numbers because if they made a new server and even if they named it YG again the bots would like go in mass like they did to the new classic.

Edited by Lunebeam, 23 June 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#40 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

Well if Battle Grounds was active it wouldn't be an issue, I would love for battle grounds to be active I would be in there lots not just for the badges but for the enjoyment of it, KVM, Flavius Tierra I miss doing them all.

#41 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Well if Battle Grounds was active it wouldn't be an issue, I would love for battle grounds to be active I would be in there lots not just for the badges but for the enjoyment of it, KVM, Flavius Tierra I miss doing them all.

^this
and then they just changed to that lame ass Classic style with antiafk, so you cant even force matches to get started anymore using dual clienting because itll afk check the afk chars

#42 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:44 AM

I prefer Renewal to Classic, what I dislike I realizing I need 50billion zenny's worth of gear to be at the average level of competition with everyone else, the majority of which are old KP items.

This is what i meant by it's hard to keep up with older players if you're a new guy on the server. They basically have 5+ years worth of items on them already. More fun if we all start equally. Even though at some point some people will definitely be richer and have better gears than you, at least the gap wouldn't be years.

plus all of the 1 shot skills kind of ruined pvp. they should program them to have completely different mechanics in pvp or just disable them completely (gates of hell/guillotine fist im looking at you), but i suppose that would take too much effort on gravity's part, when all theyre interested in these days is finding new ways to milk the kp system.

IMO not really, all skills have drawbacks/counters. I actually prefer renewal over Classic as there isn't as much diversity in pre-renewal as there is when playing renewal. Champs just gfist. Suras can CC, GOH, gfist, etc. WOE biochems either bomb 24/7 or slim pitch 24/7. Genes use howl, crazy vines, hell plant, bomb, etc. Sinxs edp-link-sb to death or just spam grimtooth on the enemy's stack. GXs use CI, RC, CRS, and different poisons like leech end and oblivion curse, depending on the situation. Renewal woe's repetitive stasis/CC/SD is another thing but you get the picture. More involvement on renewal than on classic. People get to do more stuff than just press one key.

#43 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

Pointless to start a new server at this stage of the game's life. Honestly, anyone who puts in the effort and tries to catch up can do so. Just lots of time or money and knowing where to go in the game.

Making one's first characters the types that can be used in Endless Tower (especially Arch Bishop and Maestro) and then finding a guild that goes to ET frequently is a good first step for any starting player.

One of the best posts I've seen recently on making zeny in the game - http://forums.warppo...62#entry1256362

Edited by Dreimdal, 23 June 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#44 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

This is what i meant by it's hard to keep up with older players if you're a new guy on the server. They basically have 5+ years worth of items on them already. More fun if we all start equally. Even though at some point some people will definitely be richer and have better gears than you, at least the gap wouldn't be years.

IMO not really, all skills have drawbacks/counters. I actually prefer renewal over Classic as there isn't as much diversity in pre-renewal as there is when playing renewal. Champs just gfist. Suras can CC, GOH, gfist, etc. WOE biochems either bomb 24/7 or slim pitch 24/7. Genes use howl, crazy vines, hell plant, bomb, etc. Sinxs edp-link-sb to death or just spam grimtooth on the enemy's stack. GXs use CI, RC, CRS, and different poisons like leech end and oblivion curse, depending on the situation. Renewal woe's repetitive stasis/CC/SD is another thing but you get the picture. More involvement on renewal than on classic. People get to do more stuff than just press one key.

all of those spells you listed are 1 key spells rofl. 1 hit. dead. omg so skilled. seriously, no player should be able to hit another player for 100k dmg. theres something severely wrong there. 1 shot skills ruined pvp

#45 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

If you think some people on a new server can't buy to auto rich I lol. And the bots will be there day 1-5 of its opening. It might be forever before mvp cards get into the system, but not much else will take forever.

I can't even imagine how TERRIBLE the price of some needed 3rd class items will be like pile bunker when there's only 1-3 on the server. Being new you won't know the ways to make money they do, I can make 30-40 million a day greeding because I know how to do it right, because my class basically forced me to learn or just not play it. But, that's still just pennies.

Some classes/builds really need rare items to excell that are almost or never will be released again.

And I don't agree with people on page one that think no eden makes anything better. NO, renewal maps suck for leveling outside a few. No eden gear I could agree with since it screws up early game economy to being worthless until 90+ drops. And it should have weight even if it was in so you can't trans with it. Because you should know well enough how to play and save gear up for the second time around.

#46 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

If you think some people on a new server can't buy to auto rich I lol. And the bots will be there day 1-5 of its opening. It might be forever before mvp cards get into the system, but not much else will take forever.

I can't even imagine how TERRIBLE the price of some needed 3rd class items will be like pile bunker when there's only 1-3 on the server. Being new you won't know the ways to make money they do, I can make 30-40 million a day greeding because I know how to do it right, because my class basically forced me to learn or just not play it. But, that's still just pennies.

Some classes/builds really need rare items to excell that are almost or never will be released again.

And I don't agree with people on page one that think no eden makes anything better. NO, renewal maps suck for leveling outside a few. No eden gear I could agree with since it screws up early game economy to being worthless until 90+ drops. And it should have weight even if it was in so you can't trans with it. Because you should know well enough how to play and save gear up for the second time around.

Making money is not that much of an issue. The issue is getting your hands on things you need/want. Whether you can afford them or not, doesn't really matter because just finding someone who sell them isn't as easy as you think it would be. Then when you do so you find out that the person is selling it for a ridiculous price because there's no means of getting the item other than buying off from people who have had them for ages when they were available (event, kafra shop, w/e)

+ this:

i mean seriously how the hell do they expect anybody to be able to farm 2000 badges just for a weapon (thats like 400 merit badges) without joining matches....which means you have to join matches in non pvp gear and get completely slaughtered, and even then its still A MASSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE GRIND due to the extremely low amount they give as a reward for a match. no thank you.

New players will certainly have a hard time getting necessities like kvm weapons, etc.

#47 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

KVM capped at +10 is just plain stupid. Renewal's max upgrade level is +20 and kvm weapons get bonuses up until +14, so having them at +10 max is just....ugh. Let me just say that this is not Classic we're talking about. I agree with not having turn ins and all the eden stuff which kinda made iRO a "really easy mode" version of renewal RO. :)

Everything started to be capped at +10 upgrade and this could even lessen the QQs about Suras.

Or lets say you can overup it from 10~14~20, but no more hammers & safe upgrades, but only enrich ores like from classic [w/breaking rates], and KVMs were not so, so, so hard to get. Ive got 4 of them from doin Seal Quests and farming BG years back and so as my entire set. But well the problem now is how many ppl who are still doin seal runs and BG is still dead bugged.

I am not trying to bring up renewal to be classic [just lookin at loki's status by now] but pre-renewal had the stuffs Ive posted inb4, its just me tho.

#48 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

Here is a thought remember the old Turn In where u had to travel to a map and kill monsters
yes lets revert back to that and bring back bb to all maps. I call for a reboot to old ro

#49 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

Or remove TI's all together :v

#50 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

omg, f-c-k o-f-f with the TI hate whatever.

if you already have either tons of maxed characters or want to stick to one class forever...

I suggest you shut up, because that mean, you are not one of the peoples who are levelling to 150/50 with renewal exp mechanic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users