Ratmaster Hardmode - Problems and Suggestions - Page 3 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ratmaster Hardmode - Problems and Suggestions

98 replies to this topic

#51 ktbanh

ktbanh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

Yeah, it is actually. All three sorcs were going FS. It's just that our rangers were so awesome we didnt even need the sorcs for dps. ^^

The day when Sorcs replace priests for heals.

:help:

#52 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Or, Maybe get 4 piece bonus, and get the +hit... and negate the hit loss from the lvl 53 monsters, and the Vigor / Haste / Crit form the rest of the set bonus and see what happens. Buff's don't fix misses.. C'mon. Collision.. you are btter than this.

WTF guis, we didn't clear HM the week it came out #broken #fix pl0x we have PVP gear and can't do PvE.

>< In all seriousness though.. Just wait till you get better gear. Or the more "appropiate" gear, and see how it goes before calling something broken.

Their Hit Rate should not have been much of an issue. Note that they said they were using Pump-It-Up-Hard Pills (5% Hit Rate) and their DPS additionally used Explorer potions (7% Hit Rate from Exp. Concentration Pot). They should've had an additional 12% Hit Rate between those two.

DPS should've had around about 99% Hit Rate against Lv.50 monsters. That would give them 85.51% Hit Rate against Lv.53 monsters.
So with pay-to-win, their Hit Rate should've been around 97.51%.

Yes, a full set of CoA gear would help their Hit Rate further (about 88.08% without p2w), but their Hit Rate was already very good, and they still couldn't beat the fight legit.

#53 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

Or, Maybe get 4 piece bonus, and get the +hit... and negate the hit loss from the lvl 53 monsters, and the Vigor / Haste / Crit form the rest of the set bonus and see what happens. Buff's don't fix misses.. C'mon. Collision.. you are btter than this.

WTF guis, we didn't clear HM the week it came out #broken #fix pl0x we have PVP gear and can't do PvE.

>< In all seriousness though.. Just wait till you get better gear. Or the more "appropiate" gear, and see how it goes before calling something broken.

All of our DPS were hit capped on the level 53 monsters. With Explorer/Pump it up pills we were at 112% hit. Nothing missed.
As far as gear goes: CoA H is almost exactly the same stats as Colo. In fact, Colo is actually better in some cases because the set bonuses aren't static percent increases.

Our gear cannot be any more "appropriate", and this fight couldn't be any more broken.

#54 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

All of our DPS were hit capped on the level 53 monsters. With Explorer/Pump it up pills we were at 112% hit. Nothing missed.
As far as gear goes: CoA H is almost exactly the same stats as Colo. In fact, Colo is actually better in some cases because the set bonuses aren't static percent increases.

Our gear cannot be any more "appropriate", and this fight couldn't be any more broken.

More +10s

#55 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:08 AM

More +10s

+10 weapons are too risky right now, since it's been confirmed they still have a chance to break with karnium at +8 and above.

And upgrading armor does absolutely nothing to benefit DPS. Quality.

#56 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

+10 weapons are too risky right now, since it's been confirmed they still have a chance to break with karnium at +8 and above.

And upgrading armor does absolutely nothing to benefit DPS. Quality.

My group all have a +8 weap or higher and I still find hardmode to be pay 2 win even though we have the best equips in the game, is this real life?

It's actually not even pay 2 win its more pay 2 live

Edited by OneLastDance, 30 June 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#57 Alvana

Alvana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

pay 2 w*!

#58 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

My group all have a +8 weap or higher and I still find hardmode to be pay 2 win even though we have the best equips in the game, is this real life?

It's actually not even pay 2 win its more pay 2 live

Except we're not even winning, so it would be more like this:

Posted Image

#59 Alvana

Alvana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

Get Money Get Paid!
Posted Image

...Then flush it down the toilet.

Edited by Alvana, 30 June 2013 - 05:21 AM.

#60 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

Get Money Get Paid!
Posted Image

...Then flush it down the toilet.

You kids have fun with that, over a video game. :p_hi: I'll just sit here, happy with my CoA Normal gear and empy zenny wallet

Edited by ODKN, 30 June 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#61 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

You kids have fun with that, over a video game.

0/10 Your worst troll yet. See me after class Timmy.

#62 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

0/10 Your worst troll yet. See me after class Timmy.

But Teacher, you are too busy spending money to kill a virtual master SPlinter, and don't have time to teach me!

Seriously, though, why this whole thread anyhow? Just send it to the GMs and be donr with it... Rather than make this giant thread where everyone can complain about how b roken this game may, or may not, be.

Edited by ODKN, 30 June 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#63 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

But Teacher, you are too busy spending money to kill a virtual master SPlinter, and don't have time to teach me!

You have much to learn about the art of the benjamins!
Now listen to this song for 10 hours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yIOFlTsxKo

#64 Alvana

Alvana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

Yes seriously though, why use our freedom of speech and gather as one to find solutions on how we can overcome this great challenge that is legit hard mode ratmaster. We can just all stfu and bug it until AoD.

#65 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

Lets find a way to bug AoD, oh while we're at it lets find a way to bug WoE

#66 Alvana

Alvana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

No worries about bugging WoE, as soon as they open it up it's gonna crash.

#67 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

No worries about bugging WoE, as soon as they open it up it's gonna crash.

You're silly

#68 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

Lets find a way to bug AoD, oh while we're at it lets find a way to bug WoE

I found a pretty interesting bug in AoD back on kRO2, you should check it out:

Posted Image

#69 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

Yes seriously though, why use our freedom of speech and gather as one to find solutions on how we can overcome this great challenge that is legit hard mode ratmaster. We can just all stfu and bug it until AoD.

This is their forum, there is no freedom of speech, last I recall...

#70 Turniper

Turniper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

So when watching the video two thoughts came up about dealing with the turtles.
1. Multi DoTs. With the possibility of having 5 high hp targets on you, spreading out your dots could be a huge dps boost. With poison arrow doing 400+ damage spreading that out over 4 extra targets is another 1k dps. Doing this with full party dots, especially wizards and hybrid priests. This could really whittle down leo while fighting the other turtles.

2. Just not letting them spawn. I'm not entirely sure but don't the turtles spawn when the previous one's hp hits a certain point? So instead of killing them all and dealing with ratmaster you could just leave reo at full hp and wait for ratmaster to wake up.

Either way I doubt they'll leave the boss as broken as it is now. They'll definitely make it doable when they release the kafra shop super bomb item that does 99k damage with stun.

Edit: I'd like to point out that I only just got around to watching it. xD Nice attempt guys.

Edited by Turniper, 30 June 2013 - 05:47 AM.

#71 6846130506173218720

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Either way I doubt they'll leave the boss as broken as it is now. They'll definitely make it doable when they release the kafra shop super bomb item that does 99k damage with stun.

Yeah they'll definitely make meaningful balance fixes just like they did with Humbaba and Einherjar to encourage people to do fights properly instead of bugging them. Definitely.

#72 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Yeah they'll definitely make meaningful balance fixes just like they did with Humbaba and Einherjar to encourage people to do fights properly instead of bugging them. Definitely.

Doing Humbaba normally isn't that hard...compared to the einherjar.

#73 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

2. Just not letting them spawn. I'm not entirely sure but don't the turtles spawn when the previous one's hp hits a certain point? So instead of killing them all and dealing with ratmaster you could just leave reo at full hp and wait for ratmaster to wake up.

Hmmm.....

Edited by xxalucard, 30 June 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#74 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Er.. people are just WAY too freaking lazy with Humbaba. I've done it on hard with a mix of RHD/normal raid gear legit. It just takes coordination.. not overtuned at all.

#75 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

The turtles spawn based on a timer after Leo engages from what I remember.

In my CoA Normal group, we did it and before we got Leo to be stunned/slept, and the next turtle came out already.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users