#1 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

While there are still debates going on currently about things like "this class is better than that class because", I thought I'd make a rough list and a brief description of which class belongs in what tier in PvP.

This is based off of the information I gathered here in the forums and in-game experience. So no flaming please.

For those who don't know what "tier" is in games.

http://www.urbandict...e.php?term=tier

Top Tier:

1. Ranger - Deals tons of damage and has various arsenals essentially for any situation, may stealth. 

2. Sorcerer - May swiftly kill individual targets in a matter of seconds, may self heal.

3. Priest - May self heal while dealing damage over time on individual targets, may deal a massive blow every 20 seconds.

Balanced Tier:

1. Wizard - Deal massive damage while dealing damage over time effects on individual targets.

2. Soulmaker - May deal a massive blow every 10 seconds and 30 seconds, can apply a strong damage over time effect, and can self heal anytime.

3. Warrior - May deal massive damage occasionally, can increase defenses and heal self.

4. Assassin - Deal heavy critical damage at high chance, may stealth and has high mobility.

5. Crecentia - May apply many damage over time effects on individual targets, can weaken individual targets, may deal a massive blow every 10 seconds and 60 seconds.

6. Rogue - May deal tons of damage by taking a fraction of a potion's healing effect, may stealth, may stealth again while in combat and heal self.

7. Knight - High defense, can reduce damage taken, and deal decent and steady damage.

Bottom Tier:

1. Monk - High defense, may deal moderate damage, may deal a massive blow every minute, limited mobility.

2. Beastmaster - Tons of health and defenses, may deal moderate damage and occasionally heal self. 

When there is a balance patch or a new class arrival, then this list will be updated as soon as possible. 

Edited by Yukyrie, 03 October 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#2 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Looks legit.

#3 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

With the right build, a Monk can cast 3 Asuras every 2 minutes. Other than that, I agree with everything you've said here. :p_laugh:

I decided to make a Ranger, and today, I tried Colo for the first time on my Ranger. I'm only level 28, so my cards and titles aren't really all that great, but I still managed to make it to round 3 with 5 kills (3 different people in round 2, 2 different people in round 1, and surprisingly, I managed those kills without Kill-Stealing, and without people Kill-Stealing me, managing a B rank both times), and I came to realize just how powerful Rangers are at the moment.

I've never got a kill on my Monk, and it's not due to lack of trying, either. I've only done 4 Colos on it, though, maybe 5. PVP isn't really my biggest interest in any game, but I do enjoy it.

Anyway, I noticed immediately how easy (I'll explain what I mean in a moment) it is to actually play a Ranger. There were people there wearing all Colo gear that I could still get decent damage on (they would kill me when they noticed me, though), and I had always assumed it would be difficult at first due to the fast-paced nature of their attacks, that it would be hard to track everyone's movements, and keep track of how much damage you were doing... But I immediately noticed who I was hitting harder, and I did focus on those people. With that class, it was a LOT easier to hit multiple people really quickly, even with only single-target attacks, I could hit and cycle through people, then focus on whoever I hit the hardest, and go from there. While fun, it bugged me because this is a class that has always had this advantage, and really, it's never been balanced...

In RO1, I've known Snipers that could take out even GOOD Champs due to traps, even if they were using Body Relocation, because the Sniper would just Ankle Snare, and toss SP traps everywhere. Pneuma wasn't really helping them, either, due to status effects (there was no way to block ALL of them without certain MVP cards). The class has always been overpowered, but in RO1, Champions and Monks were overpowered, too, and arguably the most overpowered class in the game at times (Assassin Crosses were arguably a close second with the right build). Now, I've never played 3rd Class servers, so I don't know how things go there, but this is just from my own personal experience saying that Monks seem to have been nerfed, yet Rangers were made more overpowered. Hell, even their limitations (actually having to have a physical item for traps, being able to trap themselves in PVP environments) have been removed in RO2. I know this isn't RO1, but I know they've carried over aspects from that game, and it's quite obvious that how the Ranger class works is one of the things they carried over. Hell, they even made the falcon more OP, in my opinion, anyway (it's what killed me the most in Colo today, actually, because I kept having 3 of them gang up on me).

#4 Skyton

Skyton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFrance (62)
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

I've never got a kill on my Monk, and it's not due to lack of trying, either. I've only done 4 Colos on it, though, maybe 5. PVP isn't really my biggest interest in any game, but I do enjoy it.

Wow dude, it is so easy to KS with azura strike ! (when no miss -_-)

#5 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

Wow dude, it is so easy to KS with azura strike ! (when no miss -_-)

In the time it takes to hit, a Ranger has already done the damage to the one you're trying to hit, and they're dead, and you're probably half-dead at that point, too, because while you're casting Asura, a dozen people gang up on you. That's just Colo. There isn't really any honor in it at all, just one big KS fest. I try for one-on-ones and other people jump in.

I managed one kill on my Monk just now, though. Got to round two killing one person and a monster, but didn't get any kills in round two. :p_sad:

#6 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

I mostly agree with the OP.

Also, sorcs seem to do a bit better than rangers in colo (imho).

It is also worth mentioning that Ranger is the only 1-tier class that can benefit from the poring 200% atk buff and Wizard is the only 2-tier class that can't.

Edited by elvenne, 08 July 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#7 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

In the time it takes to hit, a Ranger has already done the damage to the one you're trying to hit, and they're dead, and you're probably half-dead at that point, too, because while you're casting Asura, a dozen people gang up on you. That's just Colo. There isn't really any honor in it at all, just one big KS fest. I try for one-on-ones and other people jump in.

I managed one kill on my Monk just now, though. Got to round two killing one person and a monster, but didn't get any kills in round two. :p_sad:

I've accidentally killed people before because of that tackle.

#8 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

I've accidentally killed people before because of that tackle.

Lucky. :p_laugh:

#9 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

I like this list, seems legit.

(noticed how most of us posting are monk players lol)

#10 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

Well, the Heavy Tackle is pretty useful, when is well timed and aimed to almost dead players. And Asura can KS too :D

Also, as a friend of mine says when we play Super Smash Bros. on a Captain Falcons Duel: "To play with Capt. Falcon, there is only one rule: The lives pass on, but the glory of a meteor smash or a well timed Falcon Punch stays"

Lesson from that: Don't be afraid of using your Falc--- I mean, Asura Strike on Colo, you could get lucky!

falcon-punch-700x525.jpg

Edited by TatsuyaKeith, 08 July 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#11 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Should also include something about kiting for the ranged and the melee. Ranged should always be moving when being chased by a melee and shouldn't be stationary for a long time. And for melee, even if your target is just standing still and attacking you, circle around them because it helps your wrist to adjust to moving targets and sometimes it throws them off.

I'm a warrior btw.

#12 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

One tip for melee in general. Know your Euclidean geometry.

#13 Oreot

Oreot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

I would actually put Priest as the King of colo. Forgot to mention how they are nigh impossible to kill... With the amount of defensive options they have, and god help you if they have Spinel pots.

#14 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

I enjoy 200% buff critical striking 12k Asura Strikes.

Only possible in Colo though lol.

Edited by Meconopsis, 08 July 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#15 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

I would actually put Priest as the King of colo. Forgot to mention how they are nigh impossible to kill... With the amount of defensive options they have, and god help you if they have Spinel pots.

Most wizards counter all priests. Their dps and DoTs should be overlapping their heals and HoTs. If a wizard is losing to a priest, then they're doing something terribly wrong, like using Lightning Bolt on them.

Mainly the reason why I put priest above wizard because priests have way better survival skills than them. In a 1v1, a priest can only be so lucky to win against a wizard.

So it would make sense to put them close to each other in such ranking.

Edited by Yukyrie, 08 July 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#16 Zechrem

Zechrem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Ah jeez monk is moderate def? is this why people are trying to kill me beginning of the round cause of this guide lol? monk is high def and knight is moderate def but I do agree on your ranking system but I would place monk over beastmaster. The only reasons I believe knights aren't targeted as much is because they can be very debilitating and will likely leave you injured enough to become the next target for everyone.

Rangers are good as they have a very steady stream of attacks, while sorcs are one shot wonders (which leave them vulnerable between cds as apposed to the ranger who is highly mobile), priests are just... op cause that 3k hp buffer is more like 8k when you consider various factors as most class's work on a rotation set on burst which would work if it wasn't the hp buffer.

#17 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Ah jeez monk is moderate def? is this why people are trying to kill me beginning of the round cause of this guide lol? monk is high def and knight is moderate def but I do agree on your ranking system but I would place monk over beastmaster. The only reasons I believe knights aren't targeted as much is because they can be very debilitating and will likely leave you injured enough to become the next target for everyone.

Rangers are good as they have a very steady stream of attacks, while sorcs are one shot wonders (which leave them vulnerable between cds as apposed to the ranger who is highly mobile), priests are just... op cause that 3k hp buffer is more like 8k when you consider various factors as most class's work on a rotation set on burst which would work if it wasn't the hp buffer.

Edited~ Idk what I was thinking @_@;;

It's quite debatable between BM and monks for who could survive the longest. 

I had to rank by how often they get kills, but then again, BMs can only legitimately get kills by means of KS, or with the 200% Atk buff.

While monks can almost one shot anything with the 200% Atk buff + Gfist while having great defenses.

So, it would be fair to rank monks to be higher than BMs just by survival rate, and killing efficiency.

#18 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

god bless the warriors the true HEROES OF COLLO!

#19 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

god bless the warriors the true HEROES OF COLLO!

Rage Strikes <3

#20 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Rage Strikes <3

200% pooring buff + enrage+ rage strike= SAY HELLO TO MY FRIEND CLEAVELAND

feels so satisfying

Edited by jdmtouch, 10 July 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#21 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

200% pooring buff + enrage+ rage strike= SAY HELLO TO MY FRIEND CLEAVELAND

feels so satisfying

It's way more satisfying when you manage to kill 2 melee swarming a ranger with the Poring Buff :3

#22 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

What's the massive damage from Knights? They have poor burst damage, more about annoying people with stuns and slowdown.

#23 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

looks pretty accurate to be honest

#24 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

What's the massive damage from Knights? They have poor burst damage, more about annoying people with stuns and slowdown.

Lvl 2 Battle Tactics + Critical Shield Cannon

#25 Atweig

Atweig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Most wizards counter all priests. Their dps and DoTs should be overlapping their heals and HoTs. If a wizard is losing to a priest, then they're doing something terribly wrong, like using Lightning Bolt on them.

I confirm that. With no Colo gear/wpn at all, I can out-dps priest's healing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users