[Tabled] Tier II Bound Gear Suggestion Station - Page 2 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Tabled] Tier II Bound Gear Suggestion Station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#26 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

No to all of it.

Don't screw over everything you've done right within the last weeks.

#27 Squib

Squib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Server:Dat Classic

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Do NOT do this account bound -_-. You'll destroy the server faster then it's dying. Cmon now. Smarten up.

#28 musafe

musafe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Nobody wants another horrible private server, Classic server opened as a promise of a oldschool RO experience,  do not screw this.

My opinion is no.

#29 Kazaa

Kazaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

old school ?  how long are you going to stay old school ? 

This server will die if they don't bring bring up some change !!

#30 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

we're here because it's old school ... you A KITTEN? lol if it dies then it dies will die a whole lot faster if they make poor changes based off renewal

Edited by Campitor, 17 July 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#31 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

The best thing to do is to add a quest ingame that converts non-slotted mids into slotted mids for a zeny fee. This would function as a zeny sink. You can add the option to fail if you must, with a kafra shop item to ensure it does not fail.

Advantage is that all types of slotted mids get added the game (sunglasses, glasses, mini-glasses, whatever else I'm forgetting) and there is a zeny sink, as well as a source of KP.

#32 trahsc

trahsc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

this is the worst idea since the 'server-wide' trans quest.

your proposed ideas are universally disliked: even with the edits, they are unbalancing, way too custom, and while it might make the set items in question more consistently valuable in the market, they do not combat inflation or stagnation in the way that you are suggesting. implementing more slotted mids would do a much better job regarding inflation and player demands. valk armor will always be valuable on its own, and the other items can be stagnant; there is no need to artificially create value for them. you will damage the economy far more by implementing your proposed idea, and severely damage player confidence after a string of otherwise beneficial updates.

should probably do a E3 xbox one on this one and completely reverse your decision on everything regarding this

TL:DR: there is no need to create artificial value for set items. making excessively custom changes on a server that is intended to be classic is fundamentally the worst possible thing you could do.

#33 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Oda - you just pointed out, again, how you, and your whole GM-Team, have no clue about what the hell you're doing here at all.

Even SUGGESTING a slotted Vali's Manteau, and really mentioning it in a thread is enough to tell you don't care about this server at all. Even if you withdrew your idea afterwards.

Add a NPC slotting every middle headgear ingame for 10m/try at 25% success - handing out def and statless versions of the item afterwards.

At the same time you can add a KP-Item which slots the same gears at 25% chance without breaking if it fails. 300~400 KP ea try.

And stop trying to customize this server more and more with renewal-style content. People are playing classic because they don't like renewal...keep that in mind, you already messed that up in the past quite hard.

#34 MatiazV2

MatiazV2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

This is the most stupid idea I've ever seen.

DO NOT implement those slotted headgears.

Seriously, you're taking out all the fun and balance a classic server should have had from the start. We want Classic to stay classic!

Edited by MatiazV2, 17 July 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#35 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

I knew this was bound to happen, it was just a matter of time. Seriously, are you guys so hell bent on destroying Classic that you are still pushing for this Renewal-esque major metamorphosis even though people have already posted that they do not want this whatsoever. Of course, there will be your select few that will support it (which begs the question if they even play Classic the way the majority of the Classic community plays)

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this is what you wanted on your iRO Renewal server: no 3rd Classes, just Renewal changes. The server's been suffering for too long. Give it a break.

#36 Razo

Razo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

I like the idea of being able to account-bind items.
I think it would be great if we could have a tiered system similar to the slotters. Different gears would have different binding prices and any armor enchant/upgrade/card would remain. For low-end gear you could probably do something like the upgraders. Have an NPC that could bind any currently equipped low end gear in exchange for zeny and some ore (gold maybe?)
When it comes to a zeny sink. I think making more powerful account-bound versions is a good idea, but some proposed changes are ridiculous (double-slotted headgear??) I wouldn't mind one previously mentioned idea for super-expensive (60-70M?) slotted mid-gear quest. Maybe make the quest repeatable with a cooldown timer (3-7 days?) and a chance to fail.
I think a true zeny sink will require some creativity though.
The zeny would have to flow to the NPC and provide an expensive service which would not be proffitable nor game-breaking. Maybe add a 1-day vip service for 5-10M? This would allow people unable to buy wpe to try vip for a day without affecting KP/WPE sales much (currently paying someone else for 1k wpe would be a MUCH cheaper choice) and chip away at zeny a bit.

#37 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Just make it so you can bind any piece of gear, no requirements, no bonus..

#38 Razo

Razo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

*I don't have an edit button on mobile*
I forgot to add, another good idea was the dual binding NPCs. no bonus is 100% safe but if going the powered up route... definitely make it a small bonus with a chance of failure *maybe +1-5atk/matk or a small hp/sp bonus* and reset to +0 upgrade and removed hidden enchant,
something nice to have... not a must have
and definetly make it area specific bonus
(i would love to be able to reach +50matk on gears but i think that is doing too much)

'-.- just found the edit button... feeling stupid -.-'

Edited by Razo, 17 July 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#39 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

The unbound equipment is what we wanted.

This is not what we want.

Please stop making / trying to make major changes that aren't requested by the server population.

A double slotted Ulle's Cap... lol. Double Maestro? How broken.

#40 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Oh god. Looks like I was right. Old post. (Can't quote locked threads :p_swt: )

#41 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

We just got stuff unbound after a year of complaining. It might be a good idea to leave things as they are for now. Look towards some other projects that could make Classic more appealing to all the people who quit or those who avoided playing because of all the negativity surrounding the server over the last 8 months or so.

#42 Ithica

Ithica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

no thanks

#43 Squilly1

Squilly1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

Who in their right mind would upgrade something to +8 just to have it account bound, and then have to upgrade it again for more def etc...not to mention the imbalance.  I do not agree with this, been playing since 2002 and a lot is different already, if you put this in I might as well play on renewal...

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

I think this idea should be shelved... even if it's at least until after we've gotten all possible updates.

Chalk it under future new content and come back to it when we can approach it with a sakray approach and players can sit down and try every broken combination before you even consider putting it in the game IN THE FAR FUTURE.

There may come a day when we need this kind of thing to make it interesting, in the future when all gear options  are exhausted, but please that is a long way away.

Unbind or put mids directly in game. That alone will act as a huge zeny sink and actually bring players back.

#45 yayiyoyu

yayiyoyu

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

My suggestion make all mid gear a slotted quest... I'm thinking lets say binoculars [1] , sunnies [1] etc etc... A quest takes about 1-2hrs with range costly 20-40mil , level req 95++ non trans, 90++ trans, chance to make slotted mid is 30%, repeatable with 30mins cool down to remake the quest, loot quest items are base upon high tier monster like banshee drops, wanderer drops etc etc... To avoid botters to farm it... Doing da quest needed atleast 7 person in a party... To make it fair for gms make a kafra item cost 500 kp item pre req. for doing da quest... kafra item will disappear once u tried slotting ur mid gear... Make a 2 event mvp boss a reasonable mvp not OP mvp to kill.... Yes not a regular mvp bcoz of da cool down people will farm da MVP than finishing da quest... Once u successfully slot ur mid gear make it default stat but depends what mid gears is that, lets say binoculars dex +1 wouldn't not hurt other classes since sniper can hit 150+++ dex... Robot mid will be default slotted mid [1] since everybody can use it n the da default stat is already good as is.... I think diz is good idea and need to be consider I spend $100 in takius [1] event and other $100 in slot coupon i told to myself I ain't spending that much on diz game bcoz da low chance of winning every event.... Peace out

#46 yayiyoyu

yayiyoyu

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

I forgot to say make the slotted midgear tradable i mean just like wat u did in high ends gear like valk, Odin blessing but once u used it, it will be bound item to avoid RMT...one more thing slotted sunnies was a quest back in beta if I'm not mistaken 2001 it was a quest in morocc correct me if I'm wrong da npc look like playing yoyo asking to help him out giving u slotted sunnies once u done da quest

Edited by yayiyoyu, 18 July 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#47 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

I believe the main thing they want to do is to put obsolete gear into usage and create a zeny sink by hoping that there would be massive upgrading to obtain a +8 of a certain gear, also on the side promote PVM where players hunt for the items

I may be wrong, but if I am right, it's not a bad goal, but the process of reaching this goal is not so great, and there are better alternatives to do so.

Honestly if you did this for renewal, and stopped the influx of +7 certs via groove packs and only from mimic, renewal's market would so much better.

Edited by KamiKali, 18 July 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#48 yayiyoyu

yayiyoyu

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

Well my suggestion is great, but if that's there goal make upper headgear buff lets say rideword hat effect if u upgrade morigane, fricca etc... It's easy to script da items but yet again they need a permission from gravity in kro since people work for iro is underlings sad to say...

#49 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

Well my suggestion is great, but if that's there goal make upper headgear buff lets say rideword hat effect if u upgrade morigane, fricca etc... It's easy to script da items but yet again they need a permission from gravity in kro since people work for iro is underlings sad to say...

They don't need kRO permission for anything they do on classic.

#50 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

2 slot on ulles? Right I don'T want that either, it would make freaking insane stats headgear. Actually you shouldn't even think putting 2 slot on a headgear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users