96 replies to this topic

#1 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Woot! we survived the WoE patch and after we hit that rockbottom theres nowhere else to go but up!

I made this thread as both a thank you similar to what @Saralee made to the CM's who were not only responsive but very patient and understanding, but also to encourage all the members here to realize that we've survived through one of the toughest most buggiest patches ever introduced and here we are! New players in the future will be coming in and lets hope players who left will return too, because although this game was never RO1 to begin with, its a game I've grown to cherish!

Despite the lags and slow content output, i've learnt to enjoy the game by talking to strangers, making new friends, helping newer players in random wolf caves or izlude and just plain out have FUN! we didn't start playing the game to be stressed out on petty details and bugs, we started playing because we wanted to be entertained and getting there, doesn't always mean having the best gears or biggest guild... getting there is by having memories of doing silly stuffs with your guildies and friends :)

Sooo... please please without further ado, have faith in the game because even I who was on the edge of leaving, had a change of heart after remembering all the things i've been through... That moment when you first completed wolves cave, that first blue equipment or the rush you feel when the colo was fair and an all out chaotic FFA ensues.... Remember those times, because the game is only as good as the players and the community that plays it!  :wave:

Regards,

AurelliaX

#2 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

And yet your guild probably made dozens of people quit by spawn camping the WoE entrance.

#3 FateTurns

FateTurns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Woot! we survived the WoE patch and after we hit that rockbottom theres nowhere else to go but up!

I made this thread as both a thank you similar to what @Saralee made to the CM's who were not only responsive but very patient and understanding, but also to encourage all the members here to realize that we've survived through one of the toughest most buggiest patches ever introduced and here we are! New players in the future will be coming in and lets hope players who left will return too, because although this game was never RO1 to begin with, its a game I've grown to cherish!

Despite the lags and slow content output, i've learnt to enjoy the game by talking to strangers, making new friends, helping newer players in random wolf caves or izlude and just plain out have FUN! we didn't start playing the game to be stressed out on petty details and bugs, we started playing because we wanted to be entertained and getting there, doesn't always mean having the best gears or biggest guild... getting there is by having memories of doing silly stuffs with your guildies and friends :)

Sooo... please please without further ado, have faith in the game because even I who was on the edge of leaving, had a change of heart after remembering all the things i've been through... That moment when you first completed wolves cave, that first blue equipment or the rush you feel when the colo was fair and an all out chaotic FFA ensues.... Remember those times, because the game is only as good as the players and the community that plays it!  :wave:

Regards,

AurelliaX

New contents are coming out wayy too slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

#4 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

I've barely stepped into WoE  :p_sad:, and just because were a big guild... were not all the same... and the only time our guild goes in is to do WoE dailies... you can even see Xion in the WoE section actively promoting smaller guilds and people to speak up and voice their opinion! so no... please don't think that way  :sob:

And yet your guild probably made dozens of people quit by spawn camping the WoE entrance.

#5 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

WP is great but the devs are stupid. Which is why this game will die a slow painful death.

#6 Eespeon

Eespeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAldebarran Tables
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

too bad. every patch 1/8 of the community leaves.

#7 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

I've barely stepped into WoE  :p_sad:, and just because were a big guild... were not all the same... and the only time our guild goes in is to do WoE dailies... you can even see Xion in the WoE section actively promoting smaller guilds and people to speak up and voice their opinion! so no... please don't think that way  :sob:

Which is why I referred to your guild rather than you yourself or any other specific people. Fairytail DID spawn camp, many people DID get put off of WoE due to it (including myself), and some people DID quit because of it. So forgive me for finding your post incredibly ironic.

#8 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

WP is great but the devs are stupid. Which is why this game will die a slow painful death.

For all that happens, it's all Gravity fault to begin with

#9 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

I agree.. The staff had been working real hard and trying to save face from a problem that was not supposed to happen if the Devs only had brains.

#10 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Sorry, but we are more or less like the guys in Titanic, keep dancing while the Iceberg is gonna hit us.

This game will be dead even before the Noel Patch, faith can't fix anything here just like it can't fix anything out there.

#11 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Game is dead.

I came to RO2 because of good memories regarding RO1, but this game is nothing alike RO1. I know a lot of people came with the same feelings.

Endgame is almost non existent, game is too linear, a -_-storm of bugs hitting patch by patch, while we have unreasolved issues from the launch. RO2 is a nice slot machine for Gravity, they will support it while it still gives em profit.

You end up having almost nothing to do pretty fast in this game, leading to a lof of afking, just chatting with people you met on this game or came here with you while it slowly dies.

You think things can only get better? Try making a new character, getting a party for those dungeons along the storyline is a pain already, it used to have quite a few going on all the time, now you are lucky to ever get one... if you have high lvl friends to help, good for you, if not, enjoy a lot of wait time. Only segment of our playerbase that doesnt seem to drop is the bots, sadly. 

This server is already getting like SEA way too fast, on SEA its also a pain to complete dungeons and area bosses content before 50, because there are no people doing it.

#12 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Cuz gravity pulls us down.

#13 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Cuz gravity pulls us down.

It's not just the bugs and lack of support from Gravity. It's the game design as a whole.

It's fun and nice for a while, after that it's just a chore.

After I got full colo set I have no motivation to keep playing this game, raids are pointless, other upgrades cost a lot of zeny/KP for small stat boosts.

I get in, talk to someone, look at my char for a couple of minutes and... meh

WoE could have been good, but until they fix it completely/balance it to make something that is actually fair and competitive, there will be no players left for it.

#14 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

wow complain complain complain. 

I love this game. If you can't stick with it w/e go play something else with your goldfish attention span (3 seconds). When you come back in a few months its those of us with perseverance that'll be pimped out. ^_^

#15 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

wow complain complain complain. 

I love this game. If you can't stick with it w/e go play something else with your goldfish attention span (3 seconds). When you come back in a few months its those of us with perseverance that'll be pimped out. ^_^

People are just bored.. End game is really terrible..
I for one just troll the public chat 80% of my time.. 

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

I have faith that RO2 has the potential to be good.

The developers on the other hand...

#17 JoshObra

JoshObra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin (SN: UrAwFuL)

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, I totally agree the end-game get's extremely boring. A bunch of my guild mates that just turned 50 already gets bored after a few days since there's practically nothing else to do but RHD and help out in normal dungeons (many of which just log on during "reset days" or just for Colosseum at this rate).

In all seriousness, I believe that most raids (pointing at PvE/Bapho) should have a 24-48 (less is better) lockout from time of completion rather than a reset twice a week. In that case, there should be a lot more raids going on everyday, plus the fact that you can gear up faster at that rate for the next tier of equipment (depending how good your dice rolls are).

And going back to topic, I do commend our CMs and Developers (and other staff members I failed to mention) for their hard work and patience. I've seen programming for a game once and it's not an easy job (although I wished it was, like a point and click WYSIWYG kind of thing). 

I have waited years for RO2. I still have faith in it. And I really hope they hire more harder working developers with an open mind.

Edited by JoshObra, 24 July 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#18 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

The developers on the other hand...

Come on... say it....  :p_smile: 

#19 monimonih

monimonih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationMilan (Italy)

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

I have lot of fun with my friends on RO2, I don't understand why some people keep complaining on everything, lol

Edited by monimonih, 24 July 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#20 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

I have lot of fun with my friends on RO2, I don't understand why some people keep complaining on everything, lol

True.. Without friends.. i might already quit the game.. But, the point is.. RO2 has a terrible end game, Which i'm hoping it would change.

#21 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

Some of us stick around for the friends we made in the game.. and I guess if you come from an active guild, everybody tends to have something to do so I guess you won't really get bored. Though most of the end game stuff is redundant.

The PVP aspect of the game is worst.. and WOE is basically one big joke. 

Not really optimistic about how the game is going, I just hope that that with every new content they bring in they will not try to break the game even more.

For most parts, some of us will stick around. Just idle or chatting with friends in the game and trying to figure out what to do to get away from the monotonous routine.

#22 dorgun

dorgun

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

I might get flame for this, but colosseum gear has damaged natural pve progression. T1 colosseum should have never been better than bapho or pve normal. The result is that people who already got colo gear has not incentive to do raids. It is also true that people without colo gear, in order to speed getting BP has little incentive for raiding since pve gear has little to no effect in colosseum performance.

However, I think it is still too early to call doom on ro2, I see plenty of people looking for teams at dungeons and raids, maybe not as often as it used to be but still decent imho.

#23 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

However, I think it is still too early to call doom on ro2, I see plenty of people looking for teams at dungeons and raids, maybe not as often as it used to be but still decent imho.

RO2 has some serious competition coming up over the next few months. With the way things have been going, you can expect a good portion of players to leave if the devs haven't chased them away before then. I already know a nice chunk of players who will be quitting next month.  :yawn:

#24 100000176145242

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

Game is dead.

I came to RO2 because of good memories regarding RO1, but this game is nothing alike RO1. I know a lot of people came with the same feelings.

Endgame is almost non existent, game is too linear, a -_-storm of bugs hitting patch by patch, while we have unreasolved issues from the launch. RO2 is a nice slot machine for Gravity, they will support it while it still gives em profit.

You end up having almost nothing to do pretty fast in this game, leading to a lof of afking, just chatting with people you met on this game or came here with you while it slowly dies.

You think things can only get better? Try making a new character, getting a party for those dungeons along the storyline is a pain already, it used to have quite a few going on all the time, now you are lucky to ever get one... if you have high lvl friends to help, good for you, if not, enjoy a lot of wait time. Only segment of our playerbase that doesnt seem to drop is the bots, sadly. 

This server is already getting like SEA way too fast, on SEA its also a pain to complete dungeons and area bosses content before 50, because there are no people doing it.

about the lack of  players in low dungeouns, i cant complain about  it, and i come from sea, it seems way better here  then there

#25 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Which is why I referred to your guild rather than you yourself or any other specific people. Fairytail DID spawn camp, many people DID get put off of WoE due to it (including myself), and some people DID quit because of it. So forgive me for finding your post incredibly ironic.

Funny because Athrun and I enforce a big "don't attack unless attacked first" policy. So if you have names and pics, let me know through messages. Like any guild, we have those who don't listen. Personally I don't tolerate that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users