King Poring Rewards - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

King Poring Rewards

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#26 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

It's too much... I got like 3 king poring hats just trying to get the pins lol. Just hoard the ocas!

Lol! But isn't KPH better than pins?

Not fair :(. 10 boxes and only got pins. I just wanted one King Poring hat -_-.

LMFAO XD so opposite to Sapphic.

Oops yea 6 things so about 150 coins on average.

And meditation, a representing number is just so much more easier to explain here. It's an assumption, which is a relative measurement you can use to calculate your cost of getting it. I don't recall saying that amount of coins guarantee you an oca..just in case that's what you thought. It's much better than telling people "Your chances are entirely random", although true, doesn't answer anyone's question of "What are my chances of getting one". Pleeeease refrain from comments such as "You have a weird concept" if you want to explain something.

Kafra Cards are 10kp each so they're worth about ~1m each? It's certainly useful but I'd rather place my bets on the 25 coin tries. 

25 coins > all?

the cards in the machine are NOT the same as the storage access cards.... these cards claim access to ANY kafra service free of charge

Kafra Pass and Kafra Card, not even the same name :P and by "these cards" I guess you mean kafra "passes", right?

Wait, I'm confused.

Kafra Card Box from cash shop gives you Kafra Service, including access to 3 storages.

Kafra Pass from 10 coin machine lets you talk to a Kafra Service, and use any service free of charge? So this includes opening storage zeny, teleport zeny, WoE Kafra heals/repairs?

Storage Access Pass from 10 coin machine lets you have access to 3 storages, so basically same as Kafra Card?

With a Kafra Card you can open all 3 storages from wherever you are and with a Kafra Pass you just don't pay for kafra services.

There's no such thing. It's the same "free ticket for kafra storage" you get from training ground.

I'm pretty sure the pass works like those free tickets from training ground, but it's not the same item. The 3 are obtainable by the 10 coins deal. 

kafra pass? I though that item was removed from the game a very long time ago

Its similar to free kafra storage or free ticket for kafra transporation

it just give free service for whatever you take only 1 time though but the effect should be desactivated anyway

the only thing you can do with that ticket is exchange it for 2000z to kafra pavianne in adb

If it was removed, it's back in the game now lol.

To sum it up, Kafra Pass gives you free kafra services, it's a one-time use item. And Kafra Card let's you open your storage wherever you are, it doesn't matter, and you can also have access to the 3 storages with this card.

Having this cleared now, the 10 coins deal sucks so bad. The thing is between 25 and 50 coins deals. I'm pretty sure, as you guys said, that the 25 coins deal is better than the other one, since the headgears are kinda crappy and low priced. We just don't know how their prices are gonna be on the next month, or more.

Edited by Joaco, 29 July 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#27 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

i didnt say a word about the rewards.... i said teh event itself is kinda half assed... and that poring king seems undewhelming... i mean i have fairly low agi and he has plant def and yet he can be taken down without any problems at all... he never comes close to hitting me and he has like NO skills at all... they might as well just had regular porings spawn with the coins inside them... for as big and awesome as king poring looks i was expecting something at least on par with a poring mini boss if not a MVP...

i think it's to give "newbies" a chance to participate in killing king poring 

#28 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

I dunno I personally think there will be too many hats floating around. Whereas ocas will constantly be depleted by being opened!

#29 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm pretty sure the pass works like those free tickets from training ground, but it's not the same item. The 3 are obtainable by the 10 coins deal.

"Kafra Pass, Free Kafra Storage Ticket, Free Kafra Warp Ticket"

I got a "free ticket for kafra storage" myself. It is the same item. Note that I wasn't talking about "kafra pass"; the post I quoted mentioned both "kafra pass" and "storage access pass" as distinct items. What the poster called "storage access pass" is, in fact, just a free kafra storage ticket, worth no more than 500z.

#30 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

Oops yea 6 things so about 150 coins on average.

And meditation, a representing number is just so much more easier to explain here. It's an assumption, which is a relative measurement you can use to calculate your cost of getting it. I don't recall saying that amount of coins guarantee you an oca..just in case that's what you thought. It's much better than telling people "Your chances are entirely random", although true, doesn't answer anyone's question of "What are my chances of getting one". Pleeeease refrain from comments such as "You have a weird concept" if you want to explain something.

Kafra Cards are 10kp each so they're worth about ~1m each? It's certainly useful but I'd rather place my bets on the 25 coin tries. 

You can get an oca at the first try, or still can't get one after 100 times, cause each time is a different one. Explained.

Math is not an assumption.

I don't have enough time to explain here a concept like Mathematical Expectation.

Since i'm an engineer i can just say that telling people "6 things so about 150 coins on average" is really inaccurate and meaningless.

EDIT : "What are my chances of getting one ?". Is like answering to someone asking what are my chances to get a mvp card ? How many mvp do i need to kill before getting a card ? Would you answer to this please ? :D

Well, and no one asked what are my chances of getting one. Ralis initially supposed you can choose your reward. That's why was said "

Are they seriously giving out OCAs for 25 coins? So every half hour it dies is worth like 2 or 3 OCAs PER PERSON? Ridiculous."

Edited by meditation, 29 July 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#31 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

You can get an oca at the first try, or still can't get one after 100 times, cause each time is a different one. Explained.

When did I disagree with you on this? Of course your statement is correct, but how is it even relevant to what I'm saying?

I said 'by chance', so of course any person would assume that. I do not know why you had to state it out while quoting me. 

And as I explained myself. It's a relative measurement. Just like as you can derive an estimated % chance from average results, you can do the opposite. It's good enough and suitable for the explanation here. Accurate? No, of course not, but did I ever say I was proving a mathematical concept? Meaningless? Not for you to decide.

Do you think car insurance companies are just gonna go "Since all the people who bought our insurance can all have car accidents or all the people won't have any car accidents, why don't we just throw any random number to charge them?"

Again I don't know why you have to be so fixated on disproving me mathematically. It's accordance to relativity. This 'rule of thumb' is somewhat meaningful. Your obvious statement isn't.

#32 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

When did I disagree with you on this? Of course your statement is correct, but how is it even relevant to what I'm saying?

I said 'by chance', so of course any person would assume that. I do not know why you had to state it out while quoting me. 

And as I explained myself. It's a relative measurement. Just like as you can derive an estimated % chance from average results, you can do the opposite. It's good enough and suitable for the explanation here. Accurate? No, of course not, but did I ever say I was proving a mathematical concept? Meaningless? Not for you to decide.

Do you think car insurance companies are just gonna go "Since all the people who bought our insurance can all have car accidents or all the people won't have any car accidents, why don't we just throw any random number to charge them?"

Again I don't know why you have to be so fixated on disproving me mathematically. It's accordance to relativity. This 'rule of thumb' is somewhat meaningful. Your obvious statement isn't.

Math and its rules are objective, not subjective.

You are trying to climb on a mirror... and I'm not so fixated in disproving you. Again, if you can understand that, is completely meaningless to "derive an estimated % chance from average results" since :

You can get an oca at the first try, or still can't get one after 100 times, cause each time is a different one.

You won't build a stadium without architecture, math and physics knowledges and most relevant to this thread you won't keep talking about trying to build a stadium deriving an estimated % chance of the time you got lucky and doesn't fall istant on your head, and the time it lasts 3 seconds before falling on your head cause yeah, will be completely meaningless. This is the same case cause we are talking of expectation and math.

What are my chances of getting one ?

To help people you should have answered : you have a 16% ~ chance of getting one every time you try. That is really different from saying "around 150 coins to getting one" since is always 16%   every time you try and the % doesn't increase the more you try...

Edited by meditation, 30 July 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#33 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Server:Chaos ^^

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

Dont bother to argue over event prizes rate. Just face the fact everything in ro is all about luck. Cards, enrich and bla bla is all about luck.

I got KPH at my second try but never seen it ever again T.T For me, I think the best way to earn zeny is upgrade the kph to +7 then sell it so ppl can either turn it to costume or continue to Upgrade it for brewing

#34 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

You are trying to climb on a mirror... and I'm not so fixated in disproving you. Again, if you can understand that, is completely meaningless to "derive an estimated % chance from average results" since :

You can get an oca at the first try, or still can't get one after 100 times, cause each time is a different one.

You won't build a stadium without architecture, math and physics knowledges and most relevant to this thread you won't keep talking about trying to build a stadium deriving an estimated % chance of the time you got lucky and doesn't fall istant on your head, and the time it lasts 3 seconds before falling on your head cause yeah, will be completely meaningless. This is the same case cause we are talking of expectation and math.

Yes you are correct on this. I don't know why I had to repeat myself three times with this. 

But by saying that three times, you are trying to disprove me that representing an average number is meaningless.

Do you even know what relativity means? Of course an average number have no meaning in terms of mathematical expectations. I acknowledge this. Told you three times. But what I'm trying to tell you that in this case, it does have meaning in the sense it can be used as a point of reference to allocate your work efficiently.

100 weapons were upgraded. Only 10 succeeded.

Anyone, even without the architecture of math knowledge, can still easily say "It's about a 10% chance". Thus if his goal is to get 1 weapon upgraded, he would decide to get 10 weapons. Without a reference point of "10% chance", he might overwork to get 100 weapons and have 10 weapons succeed instead, which he doesn't need.

Now, let's see what's going on here. Are any of the statements he said is true to mathematical expectation? No. Is it a reference point which he can use to efficiently allocate his work and time? Yes.

Thus, this use of representation is relevant to his decision and beliefs. It's what we do. That is my explanation for using an average number.

With your case - 

If he said "You can get an upgrade at the first try, or still can't get one after 100 times, cause each time is a difference one." Since there is no reference point to look at, he can do anything and anything can happen.

Are his statements true? Yes. Do we operate like that? No. Thus, useless with just that single, obvious statement.

I do agree I should have started with 16% and ended there, would have caused less confusion. The point is, although stating '16% = 150 average coins' isn't mathematically true, it's how we decide what to do. It's how we function by using an expected number and assume it will go there. Stop repeating yourself, you are correct, but meaningless. 

#35 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Okay meditation and michaeleeli, ENOUGH! If you have internal problems, just talk about them via PM, don't detract my thread please.

We got the point, 16% to get an item from 25 coins deal. Chances don't get increased by tries, just 16% for all items. FINAL POINT!

Thank you so much.

#36 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

TIL you can't use an average chance to calculate an average cost, apparently.

#37 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Thus far I've gotten about 16 (50 coin) boxes.

11 hairpins

1 KPH

4 Poring Box

Also, havn't been around for the king poring kill, does he drop anything worthwhile himself?

#38 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

King Poring doent have any drops himself... ive gotten a 2 KPH (one i gave away) and a handful of pins... on a side note has anybody else noticed cins dropping in places that are inaccessible like in water or in walls or o top of some of the hills that we cant walk on? you cant even accidentally get to these places so why do the coins drop there?

#39 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

you cant even accidentally get to these places so why do the coins drop there?

I was honestly wondering the same thing. Just adds to map clutter and lag (which has been extremely annoying while trying to beat others to coins).

#40 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

on a side note has anybody else noticed cins dropping in places that are inaccessible like in water or in walls or o top of some of the hills that we cant walk on? you cant even accidentally get to these places so why do the coins drop there?

All I could do was stare at the coins on the hills knowing I can't get them :C

#41 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

on a side note has anybody else noticed cins dropping in places that are inaccessible like in water or in walls or o top of some of the hills that we cant walk on? you cant even accidentally get to these places so why do the coins drop there?

To troll us.

I tried so hard to teleport to those areas to no avail. They definitely should not be dropping in areas we can't reach.

#42 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

i just hope king poring stays in the game but powered up as a MVP.... hes too cool to waste as a super weak event monster

#43 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

hes too cool to waste as a super weak event monster

I'm told thats all he was on kRO.

#44 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

thats sucky....

#45 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

i just hope king poring stays in the game but powered up as a MVP....

Is King Poring really more worth of attention over these?

EDIT: See images here: http://forums.warppo...ards/?p=1457691

Edited by ZeroTigress, 30 July 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#46 Ebersu

Ebersu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

thats sucky....

Yup. I agree with you. Really love his design. Wish he would stay as a powered up MVP too

#47 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Next week I will see if I can't give him some skills to play with...

#48 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

How about some fun drops also? Nothing like MCA's/OCA's though.

#49 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thus far I've gotten about 16 (50 coin) boxes.

11 hairpins

1 KPH

4 Poring Box

Also, havn't been around for the king poring kill, does he drop anything worthwhile himself?

Lots of hairpins lol, Facekiller already answered that question, but no, he doesn't drop anything.

Did you sell those gears & boxes? Do you think it's better than 25 coins deal or not? :P

King Poring doent have any drops himself... ive gotten a 2 KPH (one i gave away) and a handful of pins... on a side note has anybody else noticed cins dropping in places that are inaccessible like in water or in walls or o top of some of the hills that we cant walk on? you cant even accidentally get to these places so why do the coins drop there?

Yeah, that's right. Those coins aren't accesible by us, not sure why do they dropped there. I hope this will be fix on tomorrow's maint.. A lot of coins wasted there...

I was honestly wondering the same thing. Just adds to map clutter and lag (which has been extremely annoying while trying to beat others to coins).

Lol, indeed. It sucks.

All I could do was stare at the coins on the hills knowing I can't get them :C

Hahahah, don't go pick the ones you can :P

To troll us.

I tried so hard to teleport to those areas to no avail. They definitely should not be dropping in areas we can't reach.

Bad trolling :(

I didn't even try going there, thanks you let us know that. Agreed.

i just hope king poring stays in the game but powered up as a MVP.... hes too cool to waste as a super weak event monster

He'll stay, not sure if as an MvP, cause he's not.

I'm told thats all he was on kRO.

Indeed, he's tha same as on kRO. A lame mob.

Is King Poring really more worth of attention over these?

CHARLESTON3.gifMM_EVIL_FANATICS.gifTORTUROUS_REDEEMER.gif

MG_AMDARAIS_H.gifMG_CORRUPTION_ROOT_H.gif4_M_DEATH.gif

4_JITTERBUG.gifBAPHOMET_I.gif

Can't see the pics, they all say: Banned! Dafuq? lol. kRO pics or what?

Yup. I agree with you. Really love his design. Wish he would stay as a powered up MVP too

More challenge would be good.

You meant "can", right? LOL! That would be cool, btw, could you try to fix the coins dropping on dead zones or zones we can't access, please? 

#50 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

How about some fun drops also? Nothing like MCA's/OCA's though.

Hmmm, I'm fine with the coins. What do you think he should drop?

P/s: Sorry for double posting, 10 quotes is the max you can quote ._.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users