332 replies to this topic

#51 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

I want the number rankings back. It gives order on kill priority but then again, my opinion is just a single voice.

#52 rasterfahndung

rasterfahndung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

what i would like to see:

1. hide ranks for all palyers (including themselves)
2. get a kill counter for mobs and players (to guess the rank)
3. change the counting for kills: NOT LAST PERSON HITTING GETS THE KILL, BUT THE ONE WHO DID MOST DAMAGE in the killing process

then it finally would make sense to go for classes like priest or beastmaster, where you need to deal tons of damage to get em down -.- for now its only a waste of time to go after them for a "maybe"-kill. this would include that when you die your damage done before would still be counted, cause else other people would benefit from your work! this way nobody could killsteal ever again.

deal good damage and u get a kill, last hit only and get no kill. that would be fair for all...

Edited by rasterfahndung, 31 July 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#53 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

if there is a vote, I vote for NOT showing the rankings at all until the end of the round, that was the real source of chaos. Not the dissappearnce of the BIG NUMBER OVER YOUR HEAD.

the BIG NUMBER OVER YOUR HEAD only made you a high prize target.

Edited by Leinzan, 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#54 HoukaSeyru

HoukaSeyru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Blind Colo -> much Fun its really exciting because you dont know if you made it or not :p_laugh:

I dont even care how much kills i have :p_hi:

Edited by HoukaSeyru, 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#55 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

I don't mind having a separate mode for it (and even rewarding similar bp / medals) but please do not change the entire thing to be like this.

The main reason people are winning that never had won before has to do with the utter randomness and lack of information on who actually got a kill.  I wouldn't mind playing this on purpose every now and then but to just totally take out what little strategy colo used to have would be the killing blow to me playing :(.

Separate blind/random mode and they get the same bp rewards?  Absolutely cool.  Totally killing the original colo because a lot of people randomly won for the first time?  Not cool.

2 modes if you're gonna do this

#56 zodlars

zodlars

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Yeah i like it blind, make it more interesting but yeah it would be better if u can see ur number of kills.

#57 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

It's amazing. Final rounds are actually very intense now.

Remove the big numbers above peoples heads and don't show what place you're in, yet record kill counts.

#58 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

I never thought I would see people cry about Tanks having some advantage in colo.

#59 Beren69

Beren69

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Its okey, but activate it on the final round pls!

#60 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

+1 for not seeing ranks for both others and ourselves (reason being that it encourages everyone to engage in combat instead of running and hiding, plus it forces premades to be more careful when trying to feed each other kills because they can't be sure of their own rankings).

But I'd like to know the kill count as well (only our own, not the kill counts of others).

3. change the counting for kills: NOT LAST PERSON HITTING GETS THE KILL, BUT THE ONE WHO DID MOST DAMAGE in the killing process

Goodbye, FS priests, tanks, and basically anything that's not ranged DPS. So...no.

#61 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

1. hide ranks for all palyers (including themselves)
2. get a kill counter for mobs and players (to guess the rank)

then it finally would make sense to go for classes like priest or beastmaster, where you need to deal tons of damage to get em down -.- for now its only a waste of time to go after them for a "maybe"-kill. this would include that when you die your damage done before would still be counted, cause else other people would benefit from your work! this way nobody could killsteal ever again.

deal good damage and u get a kill, last hit only and get no kill. that would be fair for all...

1. Hiding ranks would make Colo random. The winner would be totally random.

2. Ain't nobody got time for dat!!! This is FFA. You kill people in sight, not going around looking at their kill counters.

3. What if you jumped on a half-dead player that has just killed someone? It's also not fair. Player A killed player B, but was mortally wounded. Player C popped out of nowhere and finished player A off. This is basically KSing from a dead man.

#62 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

I never thought I would see people cry about Tanks having some advantage in colo.

Word... funny thing is that I saw them being slaughtered even more XD

#63 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

I'm perfectly fine with not being able to see any ranks at all.

I would however like to see a kill / mob kill counter so I can keep track of that in order to plan my strategy accordingly.

#64 Cthulhuzealot

Cthulhuzealot

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

+1 for not seeing ranks for both others and ourselves (reason being that it encourages everyone to engage in combat instead of running and hiding, plus it forces premades to be more careful when trying to feed each other kills because they can't be sure of their own rankings).

No cause the ones that go in as premades still can speak on raidcall/teamspeak/mumble and say "Hey im 1 killme"

Edited by Cthulhuzealot, 31 July 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#65 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Word... funny thing is that I saw them being slaughtered even more XD

Everyone one is getting killed more. The only difference is that good tank players have an easier time advancing and the not so good DPS players are having to use a little effort t advance.

#66 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

No cause the ones that go in as premades still can speak on raidcall/teamspeak/mumble and say "Hey im 1 killme"

I said +1 for not seeing ranks, even for ourselves.

#67 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I want the number rankings back. It gives order on kill priority but then again, my opinion is just a single voice.

blind colo more funnest - fact ) but im also fo showing runks

as option  blind colo at half: no kill/places for all, just showing 1st places runks(1-5 or soo) up on head, soo ppl know what target next XDDD

show rank for ourselfs only = bad idea

Edited by 8729130607033955267, 31 July 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#68 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

+1 for hiding all rank and kill stats.

#69 Cthulhuzealot

Cthulhuzealot

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I said +1 for not seeing ranks, even for ourselves.

True my bad sowry XD

#70 5428130503174244767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Fix it. I want the unbug version

#71 Verus

Verus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

The only way I can get by in colo is by knowing whether I've killed enough mobs to advance to the next round. I don't care what rank I am, I don't care what rank others are. I just want to know whether I can advance to the next round with the kills I have.

#72 Eespeon

Eespeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAldebarran Tables
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

this is what I first expect when colo was released and it should be this way. round 5 is so much fun with all that tension.

#73 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

You can see your own rank when you press the *Capslock* key. so meh!

#74 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

You can see your own rank when you press the *Capslock* key. so meh!

Capslock shows a blank screen as of this latest patch.

#75 100000642812735

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

I actually like the idea of a Blind colo, but we should have the option between blind and non-blind. Maybe make one worth 10% more BP? But yeah, we should definitely be able to see our own kills... there are many times when i think I got a kill and turns out I didn't because someone stole it from me! (which brings up my next idea) how about the kill goes to whoever dealt the most damage (like how whatever guild deals most damage to emperium in WoE is the winner)? This would reduce the Kill stealing that a lot of ranged classes do and helps bring other classes which can't KS easily back into being able to win colo fairly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users