Classic: 2013 patch notes part V: Breaking Dawn Part II - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part V: Breaking Dawn Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
700 replies to this topic

#51 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

#unemploymentbenefits

People will quit and join no other server, then.

You are ineligible for unemployment if you quit, unless there was a really good reason (typically agreeing to -_-ty conditions then quitting because of them doesn't constitute good reason.)

#52 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

You are ineligible for unemployment if you quit, unless there was a really good reason (typically agreeing to -_-ty conditions then quitting because of them doesn't constitute good reason.)

Thank you for understanding my sarcasm.

#53 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

I know people that it will bring back, because they don't want to have to spend $100s or billions of z to be competitive. They want to be able to buy someone else's luck with the RNG or borrow a pair whilst they make their zeny to buy their own.

BUT I MIGHT BE HALLUCINATING THE WHOLE THING OR BEING MESSAGED BY GHOSTS ON SKYPE THAT DON'T  EXIST.

Also there is no reason that a group who work together to hunt an mvp or miniboss card should be forced to equip it in an inferior way to some d-bag that probably RMTed the card.

There is NO REASON to punish team work. None. It makes no sense. MVPs are supposed to force party play (maybe they don't but that is the aim) so why are people who don't work in teams rewarded with greater power?

It will bring SOME people back, maybe, until they see the other 500 problems with the server. Slotted mids SHOULD NOT BE A PRIORITY RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THE BIG GUILDS SAY SO. I understand they are super URGENT for WOE, but this server SHOULDN'T be a WOE server. Look how dead the game in general in Xellie. Orc Hero, an MvP who drops probably one of the top 3 cards in the game, easily duo-able, and even soloable for a good chunk of classes, not even touched half the day ( I know because I farm randomly throughout the day ). It LITERALLY took me 13 days to find someone selling a Giant Axe, and at that point I had already farmed my own.  This may be an "issolated" case, but it shows the stuff doesn't get done.

Let's add in Straws, a week before alchies come out, what were straw prices? 3k? 2.5k? What were they when bots couldn't bot wolves anymore due to 12 AFKmests on the map? 5.5k-6k and they haven't dropped a penny since.

My point is, as a MAJORITY people on this server don't want to do their own farming. Someone's Zipper Bear bot gets banned, what do they do? Take their last 2 zippers and put them up for 80mil each, forcing the cards from 22-25 to 35-40 over the course of a week. Because there aren't bots there anymore. What are chems and sinx's going to do when they hit the material bots next? I'd wadger probably quit/ buy price inflated stuff.

Priorities for the server should be the following

1) Recruiting new blood

2) Offering incentives to join, incentives to stay

3) Encouraging party play. I don't know if it is going to take lowering Champs damage overall, disabling reflect AND IW on MvP maps, or just buffing the hell out of certain MvP's and increasing drop rates on others to encourage farming.

4) BG and PvP incentives. Get x amount of wins in BG gain 3 day VIP on your account, something like this. Would promote BG's and would get people to actually do them outside 3 hours a night on weekends.

5) Encouraging players to play and compete the first hour of WOE 1.0. I don't know if MAYBE splitting WOE 1 into 2 sections with an hour break between them would help or not. I KNOW they have the tools to mess with treasure spawn, so they could easily make the treasure spawn 7 days worth at once if they wanted to.

6) Slotted Mids situation. Either unbind them, or put the quest in ASAP. 

#54 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

I agree unbinding slotted mids isn't an absolute priority but nonetheless it needs to be done soon. The reason everyone is blowing up forums about it is because they already unbound a lot of equipment and left this very important item out. It doesn't take a lot of resources to do this; an intern could do it with a few strokes of the keys

1) Recruiting new blood

2) Offering incentives to join, incentives to stay

3) Encouraging party play. I don't know if it is going to take lowering Champs damage overall, disabling reflect AND IW on MvP maps, or just buffing the hell out of certain MvP's and increasing drop rates on others to encourage farming.

4) BG and PvP incentives. Get x amount of wins in BG gain 3 day VIP on your account, something like this. Would promote BG's and would get people to actually do them outside 3 hours a night on weekends.

5) Encouraging players to play and compete the first hour of WOE 1.0. I don't know if MAYBE splitting WOE 1 into 2 sections with an hour break between them would help or not. I KNOW they have the tools to mess with treasure spawn, so they could easily make the treasure spawn 7 days worth at once if they wanted to.

6) Slotted Mids situation. Either unbind them, or put the quest in ASAP. 

Love, love, love this idea.

Edited by kbb93, 07 August 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#55 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

ill just make it short and sweet new guilds wont come because 100% stun immune is not a common thing untill the satan morroc gear is released or theres a better way to get sloted mids  till then no woe/pvm guild will move to our organization. 

random derailing  when is the oca exchanger being made available?

#56 Kazaa

Kazaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hoi Chummers! Getting a new patch note thread going for the new month here, also want to talk about some of the projects we are working on here and in the Classic Foundry. 

-New Loading Screens

This is really an update ?

#57 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

keep the midslot account bound. increase the chance of getting slotted mid. 10% is stupid especially u have that u have to pay money for it

#58 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Edited by kbb93, 07 August 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#59 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

This is really an update ?

Patch notes, not just update notes. 

#60 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

I love the idea about the BG rewards too but something has got to be done about those BG bots.

#61 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

August 7th maintenance: 

-Primo D' Buffer being added to Prontera.

• For non VIPs' level 5 agi up 
  • For VIPs  agi up and +3 all stats bonus, no cooldown. 

and renewal hot keys please.

#62 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Patch notes, not just update notes. 

Does this imply a new EXE?  Or can the loading screens be updating without uploading a new exe.

'Cause you know, a lot of autopotters would break if a recompiled client was put up...

#63 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Gimmie an exp event, I just started playin again.

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

As much as I want to weigh in on the slot mid discussion I feel like everything has pretty much been said that I could say or want to say (barring the fact that humbelum is an idiot)

The reason I'm pushing for it now, surprisingly is because like most other creatures we are aware of, I WoE in the here and now. I am a being that exists in this timeframe, not the past and not the future.

It would more than likely take editing no more than between 1 and 5 characters of code to do and would make a HUGE difference instantly, not only improving the WoE play and bringing people back (who will need to level their WoE chars!) but it would also stimulate the high end market.... and that is needed.

There is very much the server needs. Very very much. Kathy needs to be back on the stairs. Some of the PVM maps need fixing up. We need Magic stones removed from cart requirements. I'd like to see a 70-90 juperos TI because Juperos is awesome.

We need bots dealt with (in a way that won't create another mass quit, because I am sure the server will be done then), we need something that turns guild treasure from junk to something useful. We need more players. We need that person botting hugel races banned. We need BG improved.

The majority of that stuff will take time.

Just to touch on this, there is zero point to disabling IW/Reflect on MVP maps. In an ideal world I would say... put them both in. But why?

Because I watch people kill them in 2~3 man parties, by spamming (botted) bombs and just tokening repeatedly. It's sick. It's MVP cheese but it's pay2win MVP cheese. At least Icewall requires a degree of attention and skill.

I played on old chaos doing every MVP the hard earned legit way. I learned to cheese them. I prefer the team method so I have a reason to include more people, but what ends up happening? We can't "legitly" compete against a bomb/token spammer (It's very hard to beat that -_-).

Edited by Xellie, 07 August 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#65 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

I think the "hold up" on slotted mids is if they WANT them unbound , or if they want to introduce the quest but keep them bound. I don't think they have decided on what is "best" for the server. While many people think " hey let's unbind slotted mids" there are downsides to this you know, right?And please don't try to stretch " will make people come back and lvl their characters" because we both know the people who want slotted mids for the most part are the same people who can and probably will just buy leeches. Don't see how this is more PvM, I just see more leechers being online on Stellar Days.

I write code for a living, if the stuff is coded right, you are 100% right with the 3 lines of code statement. Heck if it was REALLY effeciently written they would literally only need to change one part of the code.

Xellie, can I ask you something? If slotted mids were unbound right now, do you REALLY think anything FOR THE SERVER would change?In my eyes the only thing that changes is high end WOE until something else isn't done that people want ( Satan Morroc gear is my next bet ). What is next after that? Want convex mirrors back? MVP gravestones? Bloody Branches? MCA's? My point is where does the wanting stop.

edit: To continue on my point, people ( I can't remember if it was you or not ) have stated others want to be able to " spend zenny on slotted mids ". These same people will get the slotted mids and think " hey I want to be able to spend zeny on MP's, GR, and other high end cards, put them in OCA's. The next step will be " I want to be able to farm MVP's, give us Bloody Branches. Next step will be, MCA's sound good, I can buy those from someone. Next step will be oh, I want to be able to do........, I think my point is, while I support the ability to be able to buy stuff for zenny not real money, I don't support JUST BUYING IT. I feel people need to get off their rears and, you know, play the game?

Edited by Musu, 07 August 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

They wouldn't leech... I know the people I play with. You don't have to believe me but there are a lot of people in Valhalla who actually stand by "playing the game" and "playing their char". So don't assume anything. We aren't like most WoE guilds who only play for WoE. Biochems, they're gonna leech sure. Sins and sinxs are a lot less likely to. Also High Wizards. They're actually fun in PVM and benefit from slot mids a lot.

Also I didn't say "3 line" I said "Three characters" It's probably a flag that indicates bound or no, so it could even be as simple as changing a 0 to 1 or along those lines.

It would change the server more than you think. I dunno why you're lumping it in with bloody branches (I have quite a lot of those), MCAs (no thanks), Convex mirrors (wtf) when in my experience I played on a server with unbound mids since pre-comodo. 

There will be people who can make money off the coupons (we all like making money off RNG right? Upgrades, statting etc) - it makes certain pvm builds more fun (wizards and sinx come to mind instantly) and helps WoE decently. Considering that the majority of the server are WoE players now, I think they deserve some attention too.

I don't support JUST BUYING IT. I feel people need to get off their rears and, you know, play the game?

How the eff do you think we got the zeny? By doing nothing? By having cute hate contests in town? It might actually have been through hunting minivalks, geffenia, Endless tower, thanatos and if that is "just sitting on their rears" then I don't know what to say to you.

wtf you probably think we got our god items by praying.

Edited by Xellie, 07 August 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#67 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

I think the "hold up" on slotted mids is if they WANT them unbound , or if they want to introduce the quest but keep them bound. I don't think they have decided on what is "best" for the server. While many people think " hey let's unbind slotted mids" there are downsides to this you know, right?And please don't try to stretch " will make people come back and lvl their characters" because we both know the people who want slotted mids for the most part are the same people who can and probably will just buy leeches. Don't see how this is more PvM, I just see more leechers being online on Stellar Days.

I write code for a living, if the stuff is coded right, you are 100% right with the 3 lines of code statement. Heck if it was REALLY effeciently written they would literally only need to change one part of the code.

Xellie, can I ask you something? If slotted mids were unbound right now, do you REALLY think anything FOR THE SERVER would change?In my eyes the only thing that changes is high end WOE until something else isn't done that people want ( Satan Morroc gear is my next bet ). What is next after that? Want convex mirrors back? MVP gravestones? Bloody Branches? MCA's? My point is where does the wanting stop.

edit: To continue on my point, people ( I can't remember if it was you or not ) have stated others want to be able to " spend zenny on slotted mids ". These same people will get the slotted mids and think " hey I want to be able to spend zeny on MP's, GR, and other high end cards, put them in OCA's. The next step will be " I want to be able to farm MVP's, give us Bloody Branches. Next step will be, MCA's sound good, I can buy those from someone. Next step will be oh, I want to be able to do........, I think my point is, while I support the ability to be able to buy stuff for zenny not real money, I don't support JUST BUYING IT. I feel people need to get off their rears and, you know, play the game?

I second your concern for "where will it stop?" But that's why we're all here. The moderators claim they are going to listen to the community more and make changes that we want. If that's true then we don't have anything to worry about. 

As for the unbinding of slotted mids; just do it. Throw in that quest to boosts the supply of them too. This way low levels that get lucky and grab one can sell the slotted mid for a good amount before the price starts to fall. As for high level players who obtain one, I say the more the merrier. We need to start regulating this screwed up market we have.

#68 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

wtf you probably think we got our god items by praying.

LOL. Xenu is making mine right now.

#69 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

I like that the slotted mids are account bound, however, I do think slotted mid gear should be more easily available if they are to stay account bound. 

You want to put mvp/miniboss cards in mid gear instead of top head gear?  Well, that's the choice you have to make: Either some d-bag RMTs it and selfishly puts it in a slot mid for that perfect build, or puts it in an inferior top head gear so that it can be shared by everyone.  That's one aspect of the balance I actually like in the game.  You have to choose whether you want a powerful card to be put in good gear (but used by few), or put a powerful card in a mediocre gear (but be used by all).

#70 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

It's just irritating, we worked really hard to have all we do now.... but not being able to use the funds we made (BY ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME) is stupid

@esum: Yah you know what, why even bother partying? Everything is superior solo. -everything-. What would be the point of doing anything together? Solo levelling is better than party levelling. Solo items are better than group earned items. Lets just remarket RO as a single player game imo. Why have other people?!

That's why I hate partying with people. Especially those who are all about "well its ok to lose out so long as we had fun on the way". And it is fun until you come up against those who solo'd.

Maybe we should nerf god items whilst we're at it.

(I say this because isn't 99% of the RO whine that nobody wants to do stuff together? Well here you go!)

Edited by Xellie, 07 August 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#71 ChrisRO

ChrisRO

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Loki (Classic)

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

and renewal hot keys please.

This, I definetely would like to have the renewal interface. Don't get me wrong, i just want the interface, nothing else.

#72 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

remove the exp penalty from party share or make it really small Like (5% ish) = encourages large parties and less soloing :)

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

Nah don't bother. Working together should be penalized. I mean... if you had a TKM in thors soloing around getting like 200m/hr, then obviously a party of people working together deserve to get less, because it's benefiting more of them.

#74 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

@esum: Yah you know what, why even bother partying? Everything is superior solo. -everything-. What would be the point of doing anything together? Solo levelling is better than party levelling. Solo items are better than group earned items. Lets just remarket RO as a single player game imo. Why have other people?!

That's why I hate partying with people. Especially those who are all about "well its ok to lose out so long as we had fun on the way". And it is fun until you come up against those who solo'd.

Maybe we should nerf god items whilst we're at it.

Lol what?  I have no idea how that relates to me stating my opinion that I like account bound mid head gears and the balance it forces in the game.

#75 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Lol what?  I have no idea how that relates to me stating my opinion that I like account bound mid head gears and the balance it forces in the game.

Working together should be penalized. I mean... if you had a TKM in thors soloing around getting like 200m/hr, then obviously a party of people working together deserve to get less, because it's benefiting more of them.

Same deal?

You're talking about forcing a group who worked together to be inferior therefore discouraging team play.

Yet this is an MMO where everyone cries to party and hates people who say "well ain't nobody got time for that!"

Edited by Xellie, 07 August 2013 - 10:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users