What's the best card to put in HBP? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's the best card to put in HBP?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Just because a lot of people prefer it? Or do you actually have a reason that it's overrated?

people tend to think immune makes them more tanky in pvp when in fact if you're at least a half-decent player then you'd use a converter on all your skills which can be endowed with an element. noxious>raydric for pvp, unless you know you're tanking pure neutral damage. as for pvm, go with raydric if you cant afford dr of course no arguing about that.

@kasshin

hmmmm i dont actually get why a lot of people default woe sets. i only find woe sets useful for swordsman/thief/merch classes. yes stacking demihuman reducs is nice but sometimes there are things better than what the majority considers as the best. maybe its just my play style but meh.. my sura can reach 71k hp without tao (only 50ish% demi reduc tho), non-tao woe set wearers can't do that :P

#27 Iknowyou

Iknowyou

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Assassin Cross card

#28 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Raydric, raydric raydric raydric.

DR is great for your second HBP, but IMO there are too many times you can't wear it (due to a strong ele attack) to default it - so your first hbp should be a raydric. 

IMO, nothing other than these two, or 30% ele resist cards (for specific purposes - I have fire and water, and use them to make certain MVPs trivial to kill)

Noxious is better for PVP/WoE, because much more is ranged than neutral - but in PVP/WoE, you don't have the luxury of wearing an HBP; the woe sets just give too much reduction to pass up. You take less damage with an uncarded WoE garment versus a ray or nox carded HBP...  (you have 40% demi resist from shield+hat +4 from rest of WoE set w/out garment =44% reduc so taking 56% and 30% reduc from neutral -> taking 39% damage from neutral from players, 56% other damage from players. With nox, it's 80% neutral reduc, so you'd take 44% from neutral, 50% from ranged, 40% from ranged neutral, and 56% from all other players. With WoE set, would have 40+6+15 = 61% reduc, so you'd be taking 39% damage from ALL attacks from other players - And that's before you card the WoE garment. )

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 August 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#29 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Noxious is actually good against very few things in WoE =/ basically just magic and arrow storm. Honestly all garment cards except DR for fist are pretty mediocre.

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

I used to have a raydric backpack + DR backpack. I had both for situations where the DR was more of a drawback than a bonus.

The end result was the raydric one collected a lot of dust so I sold it.

#31 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

SInce I own some popular HBPs i could comment on some cards within my experience. 

Giant Whisper Card

This one is my favorite one of all three and reasoning behing is simple. This card has three benefits  and it meets its needs when you're using hbp with following stats.

If the user's base Str is 80 or higher, Atk +20.
If the user's base Vit is 80 or higher, Max HP +3%.
If the user's base Luk is 80 or higher, Crit +3.

That being said, Apart from +3 crit from luk(tho it still could be helpful for some GX and RK to reduce their crit gear and invest into more dps gear) 20 atk from str, and 3% hp from vit is great for lots of melee oriented character. Although its not really recommended when you're soloing or really need the reduction. I love to pop this on when i go ET with friends or BB popping for fun.

Reduces damage received from [Neutral] element attacks by 20%.

This helps you withstand against strong melee attacks during Ti and probably best, and the most versatile card of all other cards for garments. to certain areas, this card beats the DR card when you're not comfortable with switching gear. Really good default and i always default this when I soloing. 

This card is great for people who don't use Mora gears.  and some other character who wants to pursue crit build. I personally made this for RK, GX, and Ranger and it shines with my GX for the most part. It was great for aspd RK too and works great with crit Ranger. +9 crit with 15% crit damage is really amazing.

#32 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

people tend to think immune makes them more tanky in pvp when in fact if you're at least a half-decent player then you'd use a converter on all your skills which can be endowed with an element. noxious>raydric for pvp, unless you know you're tanking pure neutral damage. as for pvm, go with raydric if you cant afford dr of course no arguing about that.

@kasshin

hmmmm i dont actually get why a lot of people default woe sets. i only find woe sets useful for swordsman/thief/merch classes. yes stacking demihuman reducs is nice but sometimes there are things better than what the majority considers as the best. maybe its just my play style but meh.. my sura can reach 71k hp without tao (only 50ish% demi reduc tho), non-tao woe set wearers can't do that :P

The things that will most likely kill you is (GoH, Dragon Breath, Guillotine Fist) 

GoH - Converted or not noxious wont reduce it with the range portion reduction. it gives a mediocre 10% reduction when they dont convert.

Dragon Breath - Forget about it this doesnt get reduced by anything other than fire element armor.

Guillotine Fist - Raydric might save you in this situation depending on how strong the gfist is.

#33 Edstyle

Edstyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:Feeding Homunculus

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Just hurt to imagine HBP, diabolus set, CoD(or any other good headgear) with job card set

#34 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

The things that will most likely kill you is (GoH, Dragon Breath, Guillotine Fist) 

GoH - Converted or not noxious wont reduce it with the range portion reduction. it gives a mediocre 10% reduction when they dont convert.

Dragon Breath - Forget about it this doesnt get reduced by anything other than fire element armor.

Guillotine Fist - Raydric might save you in this situation depending on how strong the gfist is.

Do you know if the alligator card reduce the range portion of it? Endow or not endow.

#35 Falcon616

Falcon616

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

that's because no one is old school anymore

If you're old school, don't use hbp, just use muffler or manteau :heh:

#36 Jowgen

Jowgen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationLocation Not Found
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

I think what everyone is trying to tell you is if you're going to have only one single HBP and want an all-in-one backpack, you'd be safe to choose a card that would work in most situations. Seeing as Raydric can be used quite often in PVM it would be a good choice. Azzy is correct as far as gears; rarely do people use HBP in woe/pvp due to the reductions on the woe sets.

Generally: Raydric HBP would be your best option if all you ever plan to have is one backpack.

#37 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

I only use one backpack now and it's carded with DR. I always just default it in PvM except for when I'm facing monsters like KK. I default it for most bosses too. Some of the hard hitting ones only focus on one element so I just use the appropriate elemental armor coupled with KBCs and other cards like Leaf Cat or Giant Hornet. I have a Raydric, Jakk and Marse nid garb for switching in case the monster still hits hard with a variety of elemental attacks. Also, eleproof pots are cheap.

#38 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

Do you know if the alligator card reduce the range portion of it? Endow or not endow.

It does not.

#39 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

I think Jowgen answered for me but.. my question for OP is what type of char is it asides from it being a non-melee type char. The other questions are... Do you WoE?... Do you PvP? Are you a PvM type person?...how often do you plan on using this backpack and what do you intend to do with it. Asides from the fact that its good to have when the garment is upgraded to +9. For supporting and defending I think its best that you put a ray card. Although you can be super duper and put DR and GR card but suffer a few drawbacks for extra zenny.

#40 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

I think Jowgen answered for me but.. my question for OP is what type of char is it asides from it being a non-melee type char. The other questions are... Do you WoE?... Do you PvP? Are you a PvM type person?...how often do you plan on using this backpack and what do you intend to do with it. Asides from the fact that its good to have when the garment is upgraded to +9. For supporting and defending I think its best that you put a ray card. Although you can be super duper and put DR and GR card but suffer a few drawbacks for extra zenny.

#41 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

#42 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

Iedit: something's wrong with my web browser so it keeps trying to repost D:<

Edited by Tamago, 12 August 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#43 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

My activity in RO:

1) PvM

2) MVP

3) ET

4) PvP (will do it more in the future)

And absolutely no WoE because of time zone difference. No 2 and 3 might reverse or more or less equally often in the future. I intend to use my HBP as my main garment (except for my future ranger ofc). Sry if I'm being unclear.

#44 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

sounds like raydric would be best... its the all around best card since most monsters do neutral attacks and unlike DR it doesnt have any elemental weakness...

#45 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

My activity in RO:

1) PvM

2) MVP

3) ET

4) PvP (will do it more in the future)

And absolutely no WoE because of time zone difference. No 2 and 3 might reverse or more or less equally often in the future. I intend to use my HBP as my main garment (except for my future ranger ofc). Sry if I'm being unclear.

Raydric Card is probably the best option unless you have any other garment with raydrc card such as Immune Diabolus Manteau. If you do have other raydric carded garment already, DR card is the best choice for non fire elemental mobs.you can hot key both of them and switch back and forth depending on situation.

Also, lots of different classes needs different types of gear. so please let us know which class is your main class. (stat too)

Edited by CharAznable, 12 August 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#46 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

@Youmeihime: Yeah I think its best that you place a Raydric card.. I think its most preferred and the overall value would never dissipate in time if you plan to sell it in the near future or just decide to do something with it. It is most common card to use esp in a pvp situation for normal damage reductions. Do you have a Ray carded Valk Manteau or something close to it. I I'm not sure if they have HPB currently on a char simulator but you can probably compare the %'s or example damage from an enemy if you use the simulator to find out a bit more about it. That can be the best recommendation that I can give you.  :p_hi:

#47 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Lol.... I see don't use Raydric and use orc baby......

I think I'd rather not use any of that advice...

Raydric - DR - G.Whisper are the only cards that will not kill the HBP vlaue. Raydric HBP is a great default and a great place to start, any other card would be situational

Edited by Havenn, 12 August 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#48 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

@Youmeihime: Yeah I think its best that you place a Raydric card.. I think its most preferred and the overall value would never dissipate in time if you plan to sell it in the near future or just decide to do something with it. It is most common card to use esp in a pvp situation for normal damage reductions. Do you have a Ray carded Valk Manteau or something close to it. I I'm not sure if they have HPB currently on a char simulator but you can probably compare the %'s or example damage from an enemy if you use the simulator to find out a bit more about it. That can be the best recommendation that I can give you.  :p_hi:

At +7, 90 vit will give +5% neutral resist, at +9 it i will give 10%. so with raydric, its 25~30% depending on her upgrade, and also her stat. if she would invest 90 vit no matter what, HBP with Raydric will beat most of other alternative. Nidhog mant is also good alternative since it has 7% ele resist. 

#49 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Raydric Card is probably the best option unless you have any other garment with raydrc card such as Immune Diabolus Manteau. If you do have other raydric carded garment already, DR card is the best choice for non fire elemental mobs.you can hot key both of them and switch back and forth depending on situation.

Also, lots of different classes needs different types of gear. so please let us know which class is your main class. (stat too)

I do already have an immune nid. I think I have said this before in the first page that I play non-melee class most of the time.

#50 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

@CharAznable: Yeah that's true about Proxy skin the effect of the skin is best at +10 as well although I do remember the combination of that and KBC carded accs.. I forgot which ones but I do think that the RWC items take place for any other acc atm. Another one is 2x cat paw [1]

@ Youhime: Are you going to swap this item with your other non-melle chars as well??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users