Shouldn't There be Some Sort of Adjustment Between Range Classese and Melee Classes in Colo? - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shouldn't There be Some Sort of Adjustment Between Range Classese and Melee Classes in Colo?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#51 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

This guy seemed to be a problem.

Not many tanks are as desperate to win as him.

To me the problem is not that melee class are weak in colo, a tank can take down a sorc/ranger in colo 1v1, vice versa

However, ranged class can KS much much more easily.

How many times when a melee find a low hp target, and by the time you reach the target it is already dead?

How many times a melee attacked target till it has less than 20% hp, the target started to kite and a melee can only watch it being killed by ranged/dot or even mob?

Ranged class can simply KS everything in their range, while a melee has to walk close to the target and being kited all the time.

And yea because of the lag/latency/whatever bug, many times you cannot attack even the target is right in front of you.

Lol at the 1v1 Sorc thing. It is possible but it requires too many things to go right.

Props at recognizing the real issues, The reality that every ranged class has any combination of a haste, slow, and root while melee have no hastes(except Sin) and roots/slows/stuns on longer CDs than any ranged CC. Combine that with the fact that with the inherent advantage of range over melee and we get our mess.

Edited by DatMONKey, 13 August 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#52 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

To me the problem is not that melee class are weak in colo, a tank can take down a sorc/ranger in colo 1v1, vice versa

However, ranged class can KS much much more easily.

How many times when a melee find a low hp target, and by the time you reach the target it is already dead?

How many times a melee attacked target till it has less than 20% hp, the target started to kite and a melee can only watch it being killed by ranged/dot or even mob?

Ranged class can simply KS everything in their range, while a melee has to walk close to the target and being kited all the time.

And yea because of the lag/latency/whatever bug, many times you cannot attack even the target is right in front of you.

Simply give a speed boost to all melee.

VIP Assassin= 150%+ with that additional speed boost? No thanks. Just ban the VIP buff and wind elixirs, then it's fair. People would have a tough time kiting. Assassins should be the only ones with the base speed boost. This keeps the uniqueness to each classes but makes it not P2W.

Edited by ZT0100, 13 August 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#53 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

As for first round, the class I hate the most is pre-buffed priests. Later rounds become easier as long as you take down ranged classes with buffs and while all other ranged classes are easy enough to take down, priests can survive if I am the only one attacking - I can force them to use caluceo but half the time I die after that due to other classes attacking me instead of the priest.

I feel you. There was one time I was up against a duo-premade with pre-party buffs. I almost lost my hat when some dummy out of no where (who I'm pretty sure wasn't apart of it)starts to attack me instead of them, when I was having a hard time going up against them (our HPs were relativity even too). I was hoping to get their HP down enough so people would pay attention and attack them.... but yeah. I was pretty irritated that time to say the least. You have to kill them in the earlier rounds or it just gets worse. Full-buffed priests can make it to the last round without dying and then you expect to go up against them? Don't let it happen!!

#54 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Speed, power, and range are the most important things in Colo, IMO. I honestly don't care about tanks. I can simply run away if they don't have VIP to catch up. I, however, can't run away from mages and rangers( assassins too.) The point of Colo is to get kills and ranked. Although tanks have high survivability, they can't get as much kills as say, rangers and sorcerers. If a tank gets 1st place at the last seconds consistently, then that's a problem. I don't see that happening a lot. Ranged classes have the upper-hand, and that's that. Assassins are up there as well because they are fast, strong, and can tank with SA.

The point of Colo is to get BP. Melee does this by KS and Mobs. 1 kill and 6 mobs dead per round is a lot of points.

Edited by NuwaChan, 13 August 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#55 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

The point of Colo is to get BP. Melee does this by KS and Mobs. 1 kill and 6 mobs dead per round is a lot of points.

Pretty much this which is why I was satisfied to get to the 4th round consistently. If you're in the 5th round though, you may as well try to win or go out with style. Winning a good fight though is worth 10 buckets of adrenaline any day.

#56 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

That largely depends on the round. BP is our objective and more than 90% of your BP will come from round advancement. Champ is the only person that gets a bonus in R5 so ultimately the goal for anyone is to be the champ. Unfortunately melee have many more obstacles on the road to champ.

#57 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

MONKS UNITE!

#58 EdsonDC

EdsonDC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

As a player who mains a knight with 58 VM's (50ish from winning, rest from boxes), I think it's safe to say I know what I am(or was since I'm taking a hiatus with him) doing in colo.

The problem I see the most with other tanks in colo is that they dont pot or try to survive. My knight used to gulp 40-50 master reds for the entire 5 rounds of colo and most of the time does not die a single time. I think of the pots as the price I pay for the bloodpoints. I am by no means a cash shop player and comes in only with self buffs(unless coming straight from a raid). The tank class' biggest advantage is that most people ignore them which leaves you free to do whatever you want so you should take advantage of that. If some random squishy player tries to pick on you, charge on him. With the right skills it's guaranteed that player will die before he gets you to half hp.

#59 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Props at recognizing the real issues, The reality that every ranged class has any combination of a haste, slow, and root while melee have no hastes(except Sin) and roots/slows/stuns on longer CDs than any ranged CC. Combine that with the fact that with the inherent advantage of range over melee and we get our mess.

yup, no close gappers and too long cool downs on crowd control skills. That's a good point!

Soooo basicly, melee should accept it and resign to be killed by ranged? Oh, and last round has no mobs besides porings, soooo melee should not win, right?

I know thats getting your point in the pesimistic direction, but thats what you meant without knowing it.

The problem I see the most with other tanks in colo is that they dont pot or try to survive. My knight used to gulp 40-50 master reds for the entire 5 rounds of colo and most of the time does not die a single time. I think of the pots as the price I pay for the bloodpoints. I am by no means a cash shop player and comes in only with self buffs(unless coming straight from a raid). The tank class' biggest advantage is that most people ignore them which leaves you free to do whatever you want so you should take advantage of that. If some random squishy player tries to pick on you, charge on him. With the right skills it's guaranteed that player will die before he gets you to half hp.

You seem like an interesting oponent >=D!!

#60 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

As a player who mains a knight with 58 VM's (50ish from winning, rest from boxes), I think it's safe to say I know what I am(or was since I'm taking a hiatus with him) doing in colo.

I have used red pots before (not masters, just the pot 5s but only because I'm too cheap to use anything else). It does help with healing off dots.

MONKS UNITE!

I realize we have class forum, but where's the actual club membership!?

#61 EdsonDC

EdsonDC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

You seem like an interesting oponent >=D!!

Haha. I suck outside of colo though. No multislotted costumes and only +5 runes(upgrading to +6 :D). Anyways I am currently trying to learn the ways of being a rogue and damn it's quite a learning curve. I'm really enjoying it though.

I have used red pots before (not masters, just the pot 5s but only because I'm too cheap to use anything else). It does help with healing off dots.

Yeah, need to keep hp full 100% of the time so you don't draw other players' attention.

Edited by EdsonDC, 13 August 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#62 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

I realize we have class forum, but where's the actual club membership!?

Our membership is somewhere deep in our hearts.

Haha. I suck outside of colo though. No multislotted costumes and only +5 runes(upgrading to +6 :D). Anyways I am currently trying to learn the ways of being a rogue and damn it's quite a learning curve. I'm really enjoying it though.

Yeah, need to keep hp full 100% of the time so you don't draw other players' attention.

I make use of Master Purples. Cheap and efficient on classes with high VIT. Things change from instance to instance. Some colos I won't guzzle a single pot and others and I go through several stacks and still don't win.

#63 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

On round 1 to 4 I only use lvl 5 red pots to build AR before every round, then I keep it up with low lvl pots (5z for 100 lvl 2 pots), then during battle or after death I keep using lvl 5 pots, never more than 60 per colo.

on final round however I use master pots, and is the only time I use wind elixires... SEE ME DASH AT 240%!

#64 7164130604145954240

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

I don't even really bother to go after melee classes, i'd much rather get rid of wizards and sorcerors, who are severely OP and need a nerf asap.

#65 idpetey

idpetey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I just wish rogues had better burst dmg other than our one skill DI - Deadly Blow has too much set-up with low return most of the time I only end up doing 1k dmg and with the delayed animation it's not worth it I'd rather spend it on stun  >.> 

edit --- I got hit for 8k dmg from a sorc while frozen in colo just now (im full colo geared) uhh the most dmg a rogue can pull off in burst dmg is 2.4k with dark illusion so maybe just maybe sorcs have an unfair advg?

Edited by idpetey, 13 August 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#66 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

I don't even really bother to go after melee classes, i'd much rather get rid of wizards and sorcerors, who are severely OP and need a nerf asap.

Most Tanks follow the Code. "Avoid killing each other till the finals."

#67 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Oh yay~

A place where I can deploy my list ;3

http://forums.warppo...lass-tier-list/

#68 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Most Tanks follow the Code. "Avoid killing each other till the finals."

Knights and Warriors never follow that code -.-

#69 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

They have that crab mentality

#70 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

I try to follow that code as much as possible. Although I will kill an almost dead tank class in front of me ASAP instead of letting some ranged class take the credit. Plenty of Knights and Warriors have followed this unwritten rule in Colo. You're just running into the dumb or premade ones.

#71 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

I don't mind Sorcs all that much as I can pop my defensive skill to mitigate their damage, I don't care about Priests and just have to accept them as they annoying KS gods that they are. But Rangers... oh my god. An Assassin in final round against 4 rangers and 1 sorcerer? It felt like a premade although it toally wasn't, I'm not able to do jack about it. I can only get into final round relatively easily because of the chaos and randomness of it all, but when it comes to a more stricter PvP in the final round, melee can only win judging by what other classes are in the round.

#72 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

I try to follow that code as much as possible. Although I will kill an almost dead tank class in front of me ASAP instead of letting some ranged class take the credit. Plenty of Knights and Warriors have followed this unwritten rule in Colo. You're just running into the dumb or premade ones.

Yeah... I was kinda referring to those ones. No offense to the true knights and warriors of the tank code.

#73 Greyback704

Greyback704

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hi guys,

I've played monks for 2 months now, and monk is the only class I've ever played in RO2. I used to struggle in colo and felt hopeless all the times, even raged quit for a week or so at some point...

NOw, I don't have problem doing colo myself, usually advance to last round and actually win about 20-30% of the time i'm there, especially during the blind colo period lol.

With that being said, I still think monks/BM have disadvantage against most other classes, even compared to other tanks like knight/war. Tankiness are about the same, with less CC, damage, and having crappy animation to boost.  

Some advice though (to fellow monks): Use wind elixir if you want to win last round, almost a must. Pack 20-40 master red pots every colo, and dont hesitate to use it even if you only lost 2k hp, not many people want to DPS down a tank from full health, unless you pissed them off so much :).

Having pet in colo ... kinda a double blade thing. the aoe dot slow is so painful .. but you do have additional damage which is a nice thing for monk..

I hope this adds some credibility to my words.

Profile.jpgMedal.jpg

Actually, I just want to brag :ok:

@Leinzan: havent talked to you for a while buddy, didnt know you're a colomaniac in the forum too :).

Edited by Greyback704, 13 August 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#74 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

In round 5 with mostly tanks and a few rangers/sorcs the tanks that don't focus fire on the squishy classes are not playing optimally. Round 5 will eventually become a kill rank 1 fest, but for the first half of the round it's all about easy kills. It's not really possible to stay alive when 3 tanks chasing you and be effective. Yes rangers can kite, but many of the useful skills that can be cast while moving can't be cast without building up concentration though a skill that can't be used while moving. Rangers are most effective when they can stand still and charge arrow for a few seconds then run around with double strafing. The easiest round 5 for me are full of squishy classes. I may get an unlucky frost diver - then 1 shot, but at least I'm not being targeted by every other player each respawn.

Fine I'll share one of my secrets. Rangers have camo at the start of the round (unless you went av build) and you don't have to break it on the first person to reach low hp. You won't have 3 tanks chasing you if you play things right and the tanks aren't a premade - especially if theres another ranged class that the tanks can attack instead. No more secrets from me figure out the rest yourself lol

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 13 August 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#75 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

It seems like Tanks were made for PVE and not PVP, I don't think they thought of that since there's no actual world pvp, so....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users