Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

We have already requested that the Bomb not be implemented this patch. 

*gives Zanbee hug* Hopefully it doesn't come this patch and never will.

#127 Timmmt

Timmmt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

C. Munil Trade item changes

i.Unable to trade butterfly mask anymore with chance coupons

ii. 10 of chance coupon can be traded to Afro hair (perm 1 slot)

iii. 10 of Mayor Plumberge seed can be traded for tree bark

iv. 10 of tree bark can be traded to Blue Leaf

v. 10 of Blue Leaf can be traded to Mayor Plumberge

vi.100 of Mayor Plumberge can be traded to khara - Mayor Plumberge name tag

So we need 100000 Mayor Plumberge seed in order to get the name tag.
I'll need over two months to do it assuming each mob drop one seed.

The drop rate is about the same as DNA Fragments, so you'll probably need to kill over 1 million mobs to get the title.

#128 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

3. Kafra Update

vi. Mayer Plumberge Random Box

C. Munil Trade item changes

iii. 10 of Mayor Plumberge seed can be traded for tree bark 

iv. 10 of tree bark can be traded to Blue Leaf 

v. 10 of Blue Leaf can be traded to Mayor Plumberge

vi.100 of Mayor Plumberge can be traded to khara - Mayor Plumberge name tag

About these, Zanbee... if you get the Mayour Plumberge Seeds from monsters, can it be ANY LEVEL monsters? or must it be monsters around your level?

100,000 seeds in 1 month seems kind of excessive, we'd have to slay MILLIONS of mobs to get them and that seems a little bit absurd.. even if you can just farm porings, it seems kind of excessive.

... or can you get more than only seeds? Or can you also get Barks / Leaves / Mayor Plumberges from monsters?

I suggest these are clarified prior to patching... or we could find ourselves in a new Title Drama due to drafty patch notes becoming official...

Edited by Audn, 27 August 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#129 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

About these, Zanbee... if you get the Mayour Plumberge Seeds from monsters, can it be ANY LEVEL monsters? or must it be monsters around your level?

100,000 seeds in 1 month seems kind of excessive, we'd have to slay MILLIONS of mobs to get them and that seems a little bit absurd.. even if you can just farm porings, it seems kind of excessive.

... or can you get more than only seeds? Or can you also get Barks / Leaves / Mayor Plumberges from monsters?

I suggest these are clarified prior to patching... or we could find ourselves in a new Title Drama due to drafty patch notes becoming official...

We... are looking to change it. Since it is a bit a last minute, no guarantees. 

Ok we were able to get some more descriptions of the bomb. 

It cannot be used in WoE and Colo. It cannot be used on bosses, and can only single-target monsters 5 m. away from you. It comes with a 5 seconds knock-down effect and ignores defense ability. There is also now a 6-10 min. cooldown.

#130 Howie

Howie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Assuming the bomb still does 90k, what would the use of the bomb even be at this point? Unable to use in WoE and colo (that's great) and unable to use of bosses? What can you use it on...? A mob with 15k hp? XD

#131 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

We... are looking to change it. Since it is a bit a last minute, no guarantees. 

Ok we were able to get some more descriptions of the bomb. 

It cannot be used in WoE and Colo. It cannot be used on bosses, and can only single-target monsters 5 m. away from you. It comes with a 5 seconds knock-down effect and ignores defense ability. There is also now a 6-10 min. cooldown.

About the damage.. can you confirm it's in the range of 90k-100k?

What's 6-10 min cooldown? does it vary? If so, what makes it vary?

I still don't find a reason for this item to be ...  I'd prefer not having it...

Also, while it pains my heart to point this out... you also stated that pets weren't going to be allowed to be in Colosseum... yet I still get Stunlocked by Executer Undead in Colosseum..

I certainly hope this patch turns out heavenly right... because it seems to be real promising, if you ask me.

Edited by Audn, 27 August 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#132 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

I would love it if you could look into lowering the requirements for entering AoD. 11 unsealed weapons is a lot of RM H kills -- if you've killed him 1-2 times in H you're probably ready to venture into AoD.

#133 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Does this include being unable to use them on world bosses? It better not be! Did you test it on things like RSX or Goblin Leader? How much will it cost for each one? Depending on your answer, you guys might not make any revenue off of this item at all even after these changes.

I still say do not implement it for what it's worth.

Edited by GuardianTK, 27 August 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#134 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

well, if you guys still want to do this, I would seriously suggest that the bomb be disabled in raid dungeons completely (i.e. you cannot even use it). Here are just a couple of examples where although it doesn't work on bosses, it would make raiding trivial:

Bapho-H:

- Baphomet's party-wiping bombers 1shotted (+Bapho-N's Horong? 1 shotted)

- Humbaba's plants 1shotted, Humbaba's large devruchi 1shotted

- Minotaurs off-minions 1shotted (4 bombs), Mino Bear 1shotted

PvE-H:

- not much since we just deal with bosses directly

CoA-H:

- Ratmaster Turtles, 10x 90k = Kill Leo before rat wakes up (every party can trivially do this without bombs), then nuke Mikki: 2/3 turtles gone, 3/3 can be damaged half way with the remaining bombs

- Mini & Mongi = Speakers completely gone

- Robberbug = Thiefwings 1 nearly shotted

AoD:

- bosses will have 100k HP adds, these will get 1shotted

Though it doesn't work on raid bosses, it doesn't really matter because it still works on their minions. This bomb creates so many opportunities for abuse, I think it's seriously best leave it out.

Edited by mysticalre, 27 August 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#135 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

I stand by my comment in the other thread.

Still don't release it. If dungeons are made with this bomb as part of the design to get rid of the adds around a boss, don't release it. That is bad design and should never need a cash shop item to clear something. Even if this wasn't the case and the bomb damage was nerfed to oblivion, don't do it. That encourages bad play on the player's part.

The issue is not whether or not this is a cash shop item or not. The issue is that the item itself in unneeded and should not be part of the game in any way, shape, or form.

Edited by Rukaroa, 27 August 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#136 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

I have to agree. I still don't see how this bomb is going to benefit the game in any way shape or form.

#137 Dontcare01254

Dontcare01254

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

well, if you guys still want to do this, I would seriously suggest that the bomb be disabled in raid dungeons completely (i.e. you cannot even use it). Here are just a couple of examples where although it doesn't work on bosses, it would make raiding trivial:

Bapho-H:

- Baphomet's party-wiping bombers 1shotted (+Bapho-N's Horong? 1 shotted)

- Humbaba's plants 1shotted, Humbaba's large devruchi 1shotted

- Minotaurs off-minions 1shotted (4 bombs), Mino Bear 1shotted

PvE-H:

- not much since we just deal with bosses directly

CoA-H:

- Ratmaster Turtles, 10x 90k = Kill Leo before rat wakes up (every party can trivially do this without bombs), then nuke Mikki: 2/3 turtles gone, 3/3 can be damaged half way with the remaining bombs

- Mini & Mongi = Speakers completely gone

- Robberbug = Thiefwings 1 nearly shotted

AoD:

- bosses will have 100k HP adds, these will get 1shotted

Though it doesn't work on raid bosses, it doesn't really matter because it still works on their minions. This bomb creates so many opportunities for abuse, I think it's seriously best leave it out.

+1

#138 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

What about wizards? We only have the INT buff as a raid utility and our damage is pretty low compared to all the other dps classes.

Rogues are already  top dps in raids, competing with rangers only, and you still decided to buff their damage. So, why not buff wizards?

I understand that you probably did it for colo, but it affects pve too.

i really think justice has been done this time

rogues are melee, theyre close to the tanks and therefore closer to danger and dying..

u know those porings in colo?, hit them and u get a chance to get snared. what can ranged classes do?, they can still attack, while melees can't..

ranged classes have more chance in getting to the next round of colo because they can ks easier.

next - do monk

-_- useless class

make guillotine fist aoe, and consume all sp, kinda like how it was in RO1 - make the monks a feared class again,

i avoid monks in colo not just because theyre tanky, and have a lot of hp - but because they already have a hard time as it is with their useless skills

#139 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

I get you guys want to make money but this is not the way. How about opening a cash shop item suggestion thread and we can tell you what we'd like to pay for or what we'd like to see in the cash shop. That way products you put out already would have a need and demand and are a welcome addition to the game rather than facing the backlash of such an item that could potentially break the game.

If you must have the bomb like this let there be huge consequences such as no items drop from the boss and you obtain half the amount of victory points. Either way I don't think this is something you want to put in there.

#140 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

4. Dungeon

A. COA (H) monsters' Enrage time changed

i. Mini Mongi --> Skill: Enraged Twins --> from 600 to 720

ii. Rat Master Kremp --> Skill: Furious Guillotine Fist ---> from 720 to 840

iii. Golden Robberbug ---> Skill: Final Struggle ---> from 600 to 720

Increasing the enrage timers DOESN'T help to make these boss encounter easier its because the main problem is their attack strengths. This lists shows how the bosses attacks

Golden Rodderbug:
-Dealing on this boss doesn't have much problem although this boss uses an aura that makes it invincible for short time.

-Summons thief wings

-Summons tornado and poison pools

-Summons angry GTB when GRB is about to die (at 300k HP left)

Mini Mongi

-Has a lot of AOEs, and its triggered every 5-15 sec

-Uses a Sound Wave Bomb that deals damage as well as ignite DOT usually 500+/sec and its unavoidable. (casts ever 45 sec)

-Uses a debuff called Ear Drum Damage where you lose your hit rate (10% per stack), but if you have 3 stocks, you'll die in 30 sec

-Has a huge AOE that deals damage + ear drum damage debuff

-Summons traps that damage + bleed/silence.

-Summons a tornado that deals damage and slow debuff.

Rat Master Kremp + Turtle Assassins

*Leo (comes at the start of battle, turning Kremp to fall asleep and become invincible)

- Uses a red marker AOE that deals damage and bleed.

- Spawns explosive toads that when touched, can hit 15k+ damage, does this immediately after the red marker AOE

- Must be killed in 2 minutes before Kremp wakes up.

- Can silence the entire raid for 5 sec

*Miki (comes 3 minutes after the battle starts)

- Ignores threat

- Uses a red marker AOE (180 degrees) that hits everything in front (hits 2500+)

- Uses a blue circle targeted AOE that deals 3000+ damage + freeze

- Uses a stacking ignite DOT that can hit 300-400 per sec per stack, if this stacks 3x, your guaranteed dead (hits 1000+ per sec)

*Donna (comes 5 minutes after the battle starts)

- Ignores threat

- Spawns 3 earth cracks

*Raffi (comes 7 minutes after the battle starts)

- Uses red marker AOE

- Ignores threat

- Uses targeted blue AOE that hits 6000+

- Becomes invincible but stunned when she has around 20% HP for 5 minutes

- Uses targeted blue AOE

*Rat Master Kremp

- Uses a stackable defense rate debuff (-7% def rate per stack)

- Uses a combo attack that does deal damage to one target and nets it, then he will do an AOE that targets the same person who got hit by first combo along with the people beside him(deals damage and stuns the affected area).

- Summons abyss when certain HP is left (these halves your current HP, you'll never die unless got hit by 2 of them at the same time)

- Uses red marker AOE (45 degrees) does 4000+ damage

- Uses red marker AOE (180 degrees) that hits 4000+ and bleed DOT of 500+per 2 sec ( 4 cores, it will become 1200+ per 2 sec)

- Uses a huge AOE that deals damage + ignite DOT (hits 700+ per sec, but if he has 4 cores, can go 1700+ per sec for 7 secs)

- Summons energy cores that makes his attacks hit harder (30% per core, max 4 cores for total of 120% attack buff) killing these cores causes them to shatter into 4 fragments and if touched my a person, he will get -50% ATK/MATK/def rate debuff for 10 sec, while if the fragments touched on the rat, it will get +10% attack buff per stack and this stacks on existing core buffs). Killing these cores are futile as this will come back again, (there is no way that we can remove the cores due to respawns). Rat summons cores from 50% HP

- Uses a targeted blue circle AOE that deals damage + fall effect

The most crucial part is when Kremp has 4 cores that can one shot the entire raid.

Edited by ROAdikMaster, 27 August 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#141 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

If it's the same Plumeria as the one on SEA, prepare for more raging as the way this event is implemented is entirely pay2win once again.

Non-pay2win method: collect 100,000 seeds from monsters to convert to 100 Plumeria Flowers to get the title. The problem, besides the outrageous amount you have to collect, is that the drop rate is insanely low and the event period is a month.

Pay2win method: buy Kafra Plumeria Box that randomly gives you the materials needed to convert to the title. You'll need about 200-300 of these boxes (depending on RNG) that cost about 10 cents each.

Although you have a non-pay2win option to complete this title, you'll quickly realize that you don't have the will or time to do it within the event period, and will be forced to buy the boxes from the Kafra shop.

And you will buy it because the title stacks with the current khara titles and has OP stats.

I think this is not too bad. Let's do some calculations.

10 cents = 10 kafra points

So, 10kp for each box. We need around 200-300 boxes. Let's say on average 250 boxes. 10kp x 250 = 2500kp needed in total.

Our current rate is around 1:2.5

Converting kp to zeny is around 6250zeny to get the title.

Pay2Win method: Buy around 2500 kafra points.

Non-pay2win method: Farm for DNAs or other methods of farm zeny and buy those 250 boxes/ingredients from auction house. U need around 6250 zeny.

I think it's not too bad really. Non-pay2win players can simply farm zeny and buy it from AH. Even better if they could reduce the price to 5 cents/5kps for each box in my opinion. Increase drop rate is good too but may have to wait a long time/or even impossible for the korea dev team to implement. That probably means forever patch delay ahead like T2 colo equips that has been delay for almost 2 months...

Now I'm looking forward for this coming patch for the new title :)

Edited by UchihaDave, 27 August 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#142 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

I think it's not too bad really. Non-pay2win players can simply farm zeny and buy it from AH. Even better if they could reduce the price to 5 cents/kp for each box in my opinion. Increase drop rate is good too but that means forever patch delay ahead like T2 colo equips that has been delay for almost 2 months...

KP is already 1 cent per KP. Why are you increasing it to 5 cents per KP?

That aside. Are the extra stats on the title temporary like the stats on the costumes?

#143 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

That aside. Are the extra stats on the title temporary like the stats on the costumes?

Sorry for my notation. I mean 5 cents OR 5 kps per box

Edited by UchihaDave, 27 August 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#144 Timmmt

Timmmt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

On SEA, there are two separate stat effects, each giving 28str/27agi/28int/whocaresaboutwis/42vit for a total of 56str/54agi/56int/lolwis/84vit. After the event, only one of the stat effects will remain permanently.

#145 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

One more thing.

If GM insists to increase drop rate and thus delaying the patch, then plz patch it for those boxes to be available in kafra shop first. Because players who want to buy it from kafra shops don't want to wait another month or longer for the new title.(Not only for kafra buyer but also for those average players who want to buy it from AH)

Edited by UchihaDave, 27 August 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#146 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm sorry but I don't believe that the developers can make this item selective when pets aren't. Rather than this become a fiasco and people crying about lies and misinformation please do your best to completely remove this item from our game.

#147 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

One more thing.

If GM insists to increase drop rate and thus delaying the patch, then plz patch it for those boxes to be available in kafra shop first. Because players who want to buy it from kafra shops don't want to wait another month or longer for the new title.(Not only for kafra buyer but also for those average players who want to buy it from AH)

Giving early access to paying players... That's "new". How about making it drop only for characters with VIP status during the first half of the event duration and then available to everyone else? Then keep the kafra shop box but raise the price to 100kp/box. I am a genius.

*sarcasm, in case you didn't note it*

Edited by Audn, 27 August 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#148 2505130516194409887

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Update on T2 gear Zanbee?

#149 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

Giving early access to paying players... That's "new". How about making it drop only for characters with VIP status during the first half of the event duration and then available to everyone else? Then keep the kafra shop box but raise the price to 100kp/box. I am a genius.

*sarcasm, in case you didn't note it*

Wrong.  Average players have access to it too!  Of course, they should patch it tomorrow no matter what.  If they want to increase the drop rate, they can do it later just don't delay tomorrow patch for the title. I rather hope they keep the old drop rate for tomorrow patch then delaying the whole patch.

If paying players got access to it, they can SELL IT TO AH for AVERAGE PLAYERS to buy.   Each box is 10kafra points, which is around 25 zeny each.  Average buyers can surely afford to buy those, yes it may take sometimes, therefore this event should be 1-2 months long.  Also, while they hunt/farm for zenies from monsters, they may get couple of those Mayor Plumberge.

The "increasing drop rate" in my opinion may not work BECAUSE those Korean Dev already FAILED to increase the rate of victory medals effectively

Edited by UchihaDave, 27 August 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#150 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

One thing. if you dont want the bomb, then dont buy it!. It's all about CHOICE. If some want paid coa runs, so be it. If you want to get hardcore like most of us do, then do it. Just dont complain when they are releasing new kafra items because it's business to them and its a game to us. Their employees wont earn money just by saying "Warpportal you guys are great!", "Best GM/CM Ever!". Just face the reality. if you wer'e on their shoe, and you are running an online game business and people playing your game just want 60% of your items just be given to them, what will you feel? That's why its called a free to play game. YOU HAVE A CHOICE if you want to spend and YOU HAVE A CHOICE if you dont want to spend. 

Edited by Reyaje, 27 August 2013 - 03:24 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users