Good class to start with? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Good class to start with?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

You can solo ti's tho it's still lvling rk and ab is a great combo as well.

#27 Eklavya

Eklavya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

Lol. Novie! Rk doesn't even need great gear people just want you to pull or something in a ti, and will let you do nothing really as long as the party is doing well enough

Thats not true. Potting do cost alot if you are starting and Pullers need hell lot of pots. Ofcourse this is reduced if you have Pumpkin Hat (or similar gear).

Also you need to have reduct gears or you will die alot specailly in case of Gwing (where pullers are expected to move first).

Its hard to solo as RK and party recruiters prefer Sura/Champ over RK/LK when it comes to tank.

With that said, if you have patience and a little money to buy potions, RK is very fun to play

#28 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos ^^

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:09 AM

wut....

have you never seen an autowarg ranger with 193 aspd?

Have you never seen mvp with ranged attacks? Why do rangers with 193 aspd still needs a tanker when the mvp 'wont' hit them?

#29 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

Thats not true. Potting do cost alot if you are starting and Pullers need hell lot of pots. Ofcourse this is reduced if you have Pumpkin Hat (or similar gear).

Also you need to have reduct gears or you will die alot specailly in case of Gwing (where pullers are expected to move first).

Its hard to solo as RK and party recruiters prefer Sura/Champ over RK/LK when it comes to tank.

With that said, if you have patience and a little money to buy potions, RK is very fun to play

just buy the witch hat. You have 800m anyways. It gives you lots of conveniences and if you play long enough, it will save more than 100m you spent on it

#30 Eklavya

Eklavya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

just buy the witch hat. You have 800m anyways. It gives you lots of conveniences and if you play long enough, it will save more than 100m you spent on it

Yeah, that's what I meant by pumpkin hat.

#31 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

The one character that I did not regret making is a Gene. Good overall support class in WOE/PVP, good over all class in TI, great overall killers in WOE/PVP if need be, and the strongest MVP class in game. All with the same stats. Gears can be swap back and forth base on situations.

#32 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

Knight or Rogue are excellent classes to start with - Rogue being my favorite (since you can steal items and even Mug cash from monsters) for farming early on and building up some money for your real

"First class" character be it what it may.

Making an Alt account with a Priest and a Merchant is also excellent practice, since you can either dual client your own Buff / Warp Slave, or vend your farmed items.

You could also opt for Sicount level 10 with your merchant, making NPC healing items cost less - which is useful early on.

Afterwards you can decide if you like Boss Hunting, Player Versus Player or simply enjoying the enormous ammount of content the World has to offer (eg.: Quests, Leveling Up, Farming etc).

Hope this helps, and good luck! :)

#33 Nocredit

Nocredit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

because of how little people understand classes and underestimate the power of arrow shower.

said the guy who says bowling bash sucks

Edited by Nocredit, 29 August 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#34 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

ACOLYTE DEFINITELY

#35 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

said the guy who says bowling bash sucks

i do think it sucks. thats my personal opinion. i dont like the mechanics of the spell at all and about half of the community agrees with me on that. just because you think something is good doesnt mean others have to

#36 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

The only thing wrong with bowling bash is the gutter lines (which should have been removed with renewal). Other than that, bowling bash rocks once you understand positioning. I 1 shot the 10k hp wraiths in the low TI with BB. It does Not suck.

#37 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

i do think it sucks. thats my personal opinion. i dont like the mechanics of the spell at all and about half of the community agrees with me on that. just because you think something is good doesnt mean others have to

Oh wow. 1 or 2 person agrees with you and it's the about half the community. The game is not that dead yet friend

#38 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

The only thing wrong with bowling bash is the gutter lines (which should have been removed with renewal). Other than that, bowling bash rocks once you understand positioning. I 1 shot the 10k hp wraiths in the low TI with BB. It does Not suck.

thats everything thats wrong with it. position lag/hit lag completely nullifies the spell. most people have to use third party programming just to even see the gutterlines so they can hit anything. the high SP consumption allows for a very narrow margin of error which means if you miss you already just lost the game (especially if youre relying on an earth deleter card for SP regen).

the spell does great damage....if it hits anything.

#39 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

You just clearly have no idea how to use the skill and you don't care to even learn, if you did, you'd see how useful and easy it really is to use.

It doesn't take a genius to make sure all the mobs are on the same side of you. Endure/spear dynamo>run around until they're all by each other>bowling bash>profit

#40 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

That or brandish spear does good dmg if you can't use bb

#41 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

He's whining about 2 super good skills when he dont know how to use them. Bowling bash may be alittle difficult before trans because low sp pool but after trans.. you can spam it and not worry about sp if you add alittle of it. The gutter lines are simple(dont listen to that whiner) Just endure or spear dynamo about 5cells from your original place and kill them fast and easy. Dont worry of dieing if you have a pumpkin hat or pots with you. Knights are hardy :P If you have pos lag, just use endure and walk. Somehow you will teleport to your original place and start walking

#42 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Okay I think I'm going to decide with RK. Are there any particular builds I should aim for on RK as far as versatility goes?

I'm also considering Ranger if it's that much easier to level than RK.

Edited by Quoc, 29 August 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#43 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

Just go ranger they beat RK in MVP and PVM cheaper aswell

#44 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

brandish is awesome and never fails to miss (unless youre standing next to a rock or something, then it bugs out), plus has a very low SP cost to use which is even better. shame bb doesnt work as well as brandish

Okay I think I'm going to decide with RK. Are there any particular builds I should aim for on RK as far as versatility goes?

I'm also considering Ranger if it's that much easier to level than RK.

ranger is 1000x easier to level. VIT knights (the aoe based build) are a cake walk to level till about 85 and then you pretty much have to start partying because there are very few maps in the game that offer big enough mobs to lvl on at that level. AGI knights can solo level till 99 quite easily but will cost alot in healing items (which wont be a problem cuz you have an priest friend). LK has an awesome 1 shot kill spell that makes leveling them fast. RK though will be a miserable experience for you unless you like just tanking mobs for parties. If youre going to go Dragon Breath build, the first 30 levels are extremely slow and painful, but after that they take off and be awesome. Ignition break build is really good, but you need 23 job levels as an RK just to even get it, which if youre not vip, will take forever to get. i would suggest going with the ranger since it offers a more fun playing experience the whole way through. you dont wanna be burned on a game you just started =p

Edited by killedbytofu, 30 August 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#45 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

I hit Shadow Chaser (pre-renewal) with my Stalker using Bowling Bash at Desert Wolves + Ice PIck and cheap Animal Type damage reduction gear.

Heck, you can even Bowling Bash with a Bow and Arrows! Anyways....

As a first class, honestly, you should focus on making money asap (on renewal anyways) otherwise you could get discouraged by the gross inflation.

A few ways you can help the start of your game (in whatever order you wish):

Account 1

1) Merchant : Discount and Overcharge are useful.

Account 2

2) Acolyte : Warp Portal, Blessing and Agility Up to support your active characters in the game.

Account 3

3) Your main character : I suggest a rogue (so a thief -> rogue) to start, since they can auto-steal items while attacking and cost close to nothing to gear.

Assuming you can dual/tripple (tripple being the best) client (I could on my old computer and it was a piece of crapolla)

You're well on your way to a smooth and succesful gameplay experience :)

Edited by Alicia, 30 August 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#46 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Don't get brandish spear after you become LK. I just realise it's worst than bowling bash.

If I'm not wrong, brandish spear needs alot useless prerequisite skills whereas bowling bash only needs 2 hand quicken which you will use next time if going hybrid build and also counter attack(extra) which is only 5skill points. You also need pecopeco and a spear to use it which you wont use brandish spear when 3rd class since you have a dragon.

besides, to explain about the hybrid build thing and not using spear stuff is because there is the HS/DB build once you are 3rd class which sucks alot. You cant survive elemental attacks from mvp due to the fact HS only does complimentary damage when using mora set so you wont be able to use elemental armor. HS also does little damage in pvp/woe too.

BB also does like 2x more damage with sword guardian cards which will make lvling a breeze and TI soloable.

So dont go wasting skill points for brandish spear. Super not worth it

Edited by kingjoe547, 30 August 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#47 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

go for rk/gene/ if you want good end game classes that are complimentary with an AB, ranger is fun solely for simple farming, can't do too much in end game unless you develop unique sorts of play with traps and warg. but you won't be dealing 30k+ arrow storms damage in pvp and woe without thanatos and samurai specter.

bowling bash on knight and LK

bowling bash on stalker

#48 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

What about if you use of Force Veteran Sword [1]?

#49 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

VIT knights (the aoe based build) are a cake walk to level till about 85 and then you pretty much have to start partying because there are very few maps in the game that offer big enough mobs to lvl on at that level.

harpies. easy lvling until lvl 98, even as trans

#50 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

BB also does like 2x more damage with sword guardian cards which will make lvling a breeze and TI soloable.

What about if you use of Force Veteran Sword [1]?

If you can afford it, that card + a veteran sword is your absolute best BB damage. Killedbytofu doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to BB. It's not That difficult to use, and it doesn't eat That much sp. Especially if you get an earth deleter armor, then you'll never run out of SP. If you're feeling ballsy and confident in the mass amounts of mobs you could even get a rideword hat and you'd be golden.

I do 10k+ BB's on my knight and I don't use the veteran+card combo (because I'm cheap and its expensive).

Sword Guardian Card

Critical Rate + 5, HIT + 5
Increases Bowling Bash damage with an one hand or two handed sword by 25%.

Veteran Sword [1]

A sword that only allows for its swordmaster to use it.
Str + 1, Dex + 1
When 'Bash' is mastered, the skill's attack power increases by 50%.
When 'Bowling Bash' is mastered, the skill's attack power increases by 50%.

Suddenly that 10k gets reduced to about 8k due to decreased attack, but the 75% damage more than makes up for it. That would be approximately a 14k spammable BB.

BB gets you through the knight levels and early RK levels, once you get IB/DB then you'll end up changing to those unless you're against fire property monsters.

Now assuming the formula on irowiki is accurate...

I suppose on the note of clashing spiral since killedbytofu did mention it, it's single target. It does good damage if you have a heavy weapon, and bad if you don't. There is a new spear (not sure if it's in iRO yet, Randel is supposed to drop it, but who knows if it's in his drop table. I havn't seen anyone talking about it in game) called Gigantic Lance.

It's a 2000 weight spear that will make clashing spiral do insane single target damage. My calculations are probably wrong because this seems ridiculously high (using the formula in irowiki), but with just the spear, BSB combo, and 120 str, you should do around 1,104,521 damage in a single blow. That's without an element, and non-lexed. The downside is that you can't use clashing again for a full 20 seconds, so it's really a one hit wonder skill with this weapon.

Edited by Tkwan, 30 August 2013 - 03:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users