Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards! - Page 7 - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#151 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

We will try to shoot for another Fight Nights(Possibly) the last one this week! 

Either on Thursday or Saturday or both if we have enough players. :ok:

Be sure to check your PM's! 

#152 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

I think someone said that the matches played today were recorded.  Are they going to be linked here when they're uploaded?

#153 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

They will most likely to combined with the next Fight Nights Stream. :ok:

#154 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Current Scoreboard ::

1. WeGotThis :: 150 Points
  2. fearthecome :: 250 Points
  3. Team Pancakes :: 200 Points
  4. Rugrats :: 200 Points
  5. Oracion :: 50 Points
  6. Solaris :: 0 Points
  7. Bad Touch :: 100 Points
  8. CholoYCholaWithQueso :: 300 Points
  9. nab :: 50 Points
  10. KnightMuffinPants :: 200 Points
  11. THQICE :: 0 Points

Something's off here. On Thursday, Pancakes had 250 points. Lost their most recent fight. Vs Rugrats giving them 300 points. A loss counts as 50 while a win is 100. We're at 2 Wins-2 Losses. Now it states we're at 200 points. We should be tied with Team CholoYChola at 300.

#155 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Something's off here. On Thursday, Pancakes had 250 points. Lost their most recent fight. Vs Rugrats giving them 300 points. A loss counts as 50 while a win is 100. We're at 2 Wins-2 Losses. Now it states we're at 200 points. We should be tied with Team CholoYChola at 300.

Oh you are 100% correct. So sorry about that Sam  :p_sick:

#156 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Oh you are 100% correct. So sorry about that Sam  :p_sick:

Shaz you should name the 2 winners and then 2nd and 3rd place. 

#157 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Shaz you should name the 2 winners and then 2nd and 3rd place. 

how would he call it though?

Choloyolo and pancakes both have 300points, but that's because they got called to play the most. Then for example you have Rugrats(2-0) which beat Pancakes(2-2)  twice and since they(Rugrats) have only fought twice they have less points,who deserves to be placed over the other. You can't really decide winners now, because some teams weren't called to do matches some days even if both teams were there.

Edited by StormHaven, 12 November 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#158 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Choloyolo and pancakes both have 300points, but that's because they got called to play the most. Then for example you have Rugrats(2-0) which beat Pancakes(2-2)  twice and since they(Rugrats) have only fought twice they have less points,who deserves to be placed over the other. You can't really decide winners now, because some teams weren't called to do matches some days even if both teams were there.

at this point i doubt there will be anymore, plus if they couldn't before i doubt they'll be able to again. Some people who joined are now inactive on DS so I say to just call winners now.

#159 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

still dont know why we had to fight the same team twice although a point is proven it was fun for probably 3-4 teams getting to fight several different teams. We fought the same guys won both times and we only had 2 rounds so far, this whole round robin setup was made so that all the teams get to fight each other. But of the two times we were suppose to fight we only fought one team, makes a few of us start to believe that some of the tourney challengers are pulling strings and complaining that their fight was unfair for them or something and want a rematch. Hasn't been any matches in a while so I'm just gonna assume the tourney has come to a stop. 

Also youre calling for the winners because your team is in the lead. The amount of matches aside Rugrats, TeamMuffinPants, and Badtouch have better win ratios than the top scores now. At this point if the tourney kept on going the teams with 300 points would barely even make it to top 3.  Also my other teammates are available so you can't assume no one is active for the tourney. If one of them are missing that's my job as a back up to fill in.

Edited by ohsnap, 12 November 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#160 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

still dont know why we had to fight the same team twice although a point is proven it was fun for probably 3-4 teams getting to fight several different teams. We fought the same guys won both times and we only had 2 rounds so far, this whole round robin setup was made so that all the teams get to fight each other. But of the two times we were suppose to fight we only fought one team, makes a few of us start to believe that some of the tourney challengers are pulling strings and complaining that their fight was unfair for them or something and want a rematch. Hasn't been any matches in a while so I'm just gonna assume the tourney has come to a stop. 

Also youre calling for the winners because your team is in the lead. The amount of matches aside Rugrats, TeamMuffinPants, and Badtouch have better win ratios than the top scores now. At this point if the tourney kept on going the teams with 300 points would barely even make it to top 3.  Also my other teammates are available so you can't assume no one is active for the tourney. If one of them are missing that's my job as a back up to fill in.

almost 3 weeks or more with no matches, of course im assuming its over as well lol. I have yet to see any announcement about this either. Which is why I brought this up as well.

#161 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

Also take into account the inactivity of some teams. For example Team Badtouch, almost never came by. And there was also incidents of disqualified teams that resulted in less teams to pick anyways. In reality this tournament should've been either elimination style or bracket style.

This is due, to the teams receiving a smaller amount of points from losing matches. Also take into account, Team BadTouch, only fought one match. Rugrats only fought the same team twice. While MuffinPants was the most diverse in their number of fights. And just because one of those teams are ready to roll no matter what, doesn't mean the others are necessarily the case.

almost 3 weeks or more with no matches, of course im assuming its over as well lol. I have yet to see any announcement about this either. Which is why I brought this up as well.

Yea and the fact that the two highest point teams are in a tie and no "tiebreaker" match for the victor or some last-time match ups with more teams going against different matches have been mentioned or announced. It's safe to assume it's actually over.

Since the final point tally is up why not a final Tie-breaker match since two 300 point teams are the top teams at the moment. And a 4th place Tie-breaker for the other two teams.

#162 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

why don't ShazamO just send out a mail to all that participate in the tournament that were not DQ and if they reply back within 3 days they will get X amount of IM point. All this back and fourth of who won and lose will get you guys into waiting even longer to decide a final outcome.

Edited by dango, 12 November 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#163 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

why don't ShazamO just send out a mail to all that participate in the tournament that were not DQ and if they reply back within 3 days they will get X amount of IM point. All this back and fourth of who won and lose will get you guys into waiting even longer to decide a final outcome.

Well I suggested a final tie breaker for the tied first place teams. And I guess some teams actually want that large 2-way split IM bonus with a mixboard-costume choice.

#164 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

so youre saying that the teams that were losing are given the opportunity to do more rounds in order to gain more points than teams who have been winning?  You might as well set those teams with winning ratios up with any other team and theyll be at at least 400 points if they won with the same amount of matches that the top points currently have. You guys had around 4  matches of those 4 matches u had we already know you lost 2. So if we were giving those 2 other matches and won them all who's obviously in the lead? Either way the current score does not decide the actual winners of the tournament. cause at this point the leading scores have a win ratio of 50% while the ppl that weren't called on to participate even when their team was available for matches during tourney days had win ratios of a 100%. So you're saying cause u had to chance to have more matches to bring up your score beats out a team who has been winning every one of their matches.

If this is how a tournament should be run please have your precious IM participating in this tournament any longer and putting our efforts to make it back on time from our daily lives is a real waste of time and effort. If this tournament was elimination chola and pancakes would technically not even be in top 3. Heck our team hasnt even fought Chola or all the other non disqualified teams we just fought pancakes twice and won both and suddenly they're like top 2. Also the fact that teams get pity points for losing is pretty sad, scrubby and lame. Ironically it was because chola and pancakes lost 2 matches and gained 50 points each match put them in the lead. Say there was no points given to the losers of the match those two teams would be at the same score as muffinpants and rugrats who only had 2 matches (2:2) while chola and pancakes had 4 matches (2:4). Logic it really helps. :)

The favoritism is off the charts.

Edited by ohsnap, 13 November 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#165 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Sorry for the delay guys.

We can do this in two ways~ Either the top two teams will fight one other for the 1st place spot OR the prize will be split between both teams. I'll be messaging them to see what they would prefer.

#166 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Sorry for the delay guys.

We can do this in two ways~ Either the top two teams will fight one other for the 1st place spot OR the prize will be split between both teams. I'll be messaging them to see what they would prefer.

not surprised the stench of favoritism reeks.

#167 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

not surprised the stench of favoritism reeks.

So... you list win:loss ratios in a point based tournament system. Where a win equals 100 and a loss equals 50. You're only two fights were against the same team, one not even technically on a group up for Fight Nights day by GM request. The two teams who are tied for first had perfect attendance to the fight nights and while I agree the point based system was sloppy and the match ups were less diverse from some teams due to attendance. Making an immediate and very likely to be incorrect assumption on favoritism is not the right action.

You know the GM is open to feedback, so why not PM him with possible improvements for the next fight nights. Maybe he can spark a discussion and result in a proper system that you would agree to more than what's going on now. As Rappicarpo stated, it was well after the "Final" week of Fight Nights and no word on the winners, future fight night dates, or any tie-breaker being called had happened.

#168 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

So... you list win:loss ratios in a point based tournament system. Where a win equals 100 and a loss equals 50. You're only two fights were against the same team, one not even technically on a group up for Fight Nights day by GM request. The two teams who are tied for first had perfect attendance to the fight nights and while I agree the point based system was sloppy and the match ups were less diverse from some teams due to attendance. Making an immediate and very likely to be incorrect assumption on favoritism is not the right action.

You know the GM is open to feedback, so why not PM him with possible improvements for the next fight nights. Maybe he can spark a discussion and result in a proper system that you would agree to more than what's going on now. As Rappicarpo stated, it was well after the "Final" week of Fight Nights and no word on the winners, future fight night dates, or any tie-breaker being called had happened.

Rugrats had perfect attendence too, along with BT and other teams who were only called 1 or 2times to fight. Some teams never  even got a chance to fight. In my opinion it is completely unfair to give the 2 teams that were lucky enough to get called to fight the most(and even get fights outside the determined fighting days) automatic first and 2nd place. The best and most fair solution is what dango suggested and give everyone who particapted a reward and not even declare places.

#169 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Uhh no cause we were only called upon to fight for those 2 matches. That Thursday when he had us fight against Pancakes again we had no prior notice about the tournament happening that day and Shazam kindly waited for our team to ready up that night. Even if my team mates weren't there I was available and I would've participated whether losing in a 2v1 match up or not and I would still got at least 100 points bring our team to 300 points as well.

So technically if we won 2 out of 2 matches which equates to 200 points that pretty much equals to a team that lost 4 matches which also equates to 200 points. Please provide a proper justification for that scenario. 

When he made the brackets ShazamO only had us in for one day of the tournament and we only got to fight once during that day. Then we were expecting to fight another team which turns out to be you guys again. The fact that we were never called upon to fight in those 4 matches or a bracket has never been updated telling us to participate is not an immediate or incorrect assumption. 

Also why would I provide feedback on the next tournament if this current situation is gonna be ignored.

I'm not saying give the prizes based on win ratios I'm saying if you want this done right then you should let the teams that haven't been called to participate as much as many chances to fight as the other teams. Cause I can guarantee that the current top scores would probably just barely make it to top 3.

Edited by ohsnap, 13 November 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#170 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Rugrats had perfect attendence too, along with BT and other teams who were only called 1 or 2times to fight. Some teams never  even got a chance to fight. In my opinion it is completely unfair to give the 2 teams that were lucky enough to get called to fight the most(and even get fights outside the determined fighting days) automatic first and 2nd place. The best and most fair solution is what dango suggested and give everyone who particapted a reward and not even declare places.

That is a proper solution as the participants should at least be, and in DS fashion it's a common term, compensated for the lack of being called.

Uhh no cause we were only called upon to fight for those 2 matches. That Thursday when he had us fight against Pancakes again we had no prior notice about the tournament happening that day and Shazam kindly waited for our team to ready up that night. Even if my team mates weren't there I was available and I would've participated whether losing in a 2v1 match up or not and I would still got at least 100 points bring our team to 300 points as well.

So technically if we won 2 out of 2 matches which equates to 200 points that pretty much equals to a team that lost 4 matches which also equates to 200 points. Please provide a proper justification for that scenario. 

When he made the brackets ShazamO only had us in for one day of the tournament and we only got to fight once during that day. Then we were expecting to fight another team which turns out to be you guys again. The fact that we were never called upon to fight in those 4 matches or a bracket has never been updated telling us to participate is not an immediate or incorrect assumption. 

Also why would I provide feedback on the next tournament if this current situation is gonna be ignored.

I'm not saying give the prizes based on win ratios I'm saying if you want this done right then you should let the teams that haven't been called to participate as much as many chances to fight as the other teams. Cause I can guarantee that the current top scores would probably just barely make it to top 3.

Which is why we need to properly set up a new and better system for this. Bracket or Elimination style is better than point systems. I'm sure as you stated the results would've been much different if this whole tournament took place in a shorter time frame, had a different set up for points, and allowed everyone equal fight opportunities.

#171 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

the current situation is that you guys are rushing to decide the victors when some of the other teams did not have an equal opportunity to participate. It makes you guys (desperately rushing a victor and knowing your team clearly did not win) look bad and the GM running this tourney giving into this request even knowing that other teams did not get to fight promising a fair and balanced tournament look worse.

Also you're trying to give feedback and improvements that would balance the tournament while trying to quickly end the tournament give the prize out to the teams currently in the lead because of this clear unfair advantage without resolving the issue at hand. Don't wanna be blunt but it's really two face no matter how you try to sugar coat it. Thanks for trying to provide the community better feedback but drop the act it doesn't look good.

Edited by ohsnap, 13 November 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#172 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

the current situation is that you guys are rushing to decide the victors when some of the other teams did not have an equal opportunity to participate. It makes you guys (desperately rushing a victor and knowing your team clearly did not win) look bad and the GM running this tourney giving into this request even knowing that other teams did not get to fight promising a fair and balanced tournament look worse.

Also you're trying to give feedback and improvements that would balance the tournament while trying to quickly end the tournament give the prize out to the teams currently in the lead because of this clear unfair advantage without resolving the issue at hand. Don't wanna be blunt but it's really two face no matter how you try to sugar coat it. Thanks for trying to provide the community better feedback but drop the act it doesn't look good.

As i said, there were no indication of any more pvp fights happening, so I brought it up. There is no favoritism here you just assume too much. 

#173 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

As i said, there were no indication of any more pvp fights happening, so I brought it up. There is no favoritism here you just assume too much. 

If the teams the top two teams are given the opportunity for a tie breaker to decide the winner but no opportunities were even given to some of the teams to fight in the the same number of matches  then yes clearly there is some sort of favoritism going on. 

Edited by ohsnap, 13 November 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#174 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

We(Rugrats) would like to play the first place team in this tournament.  Whoever loses will be ranked below the two teams that were DQ'ed  :Emo_13:

#175 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

We(Rugrats) would like to play the first place team in this tournament. Whoever loses will be ranked below the two teams that were DQ'ed :Emo_13:

So play and pick 2 twins and make it physically impossible to win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users