Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards! - Page 8 - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#176 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

So play and pick 2 twins and make it physically impossible to win

think we just established a point that both Pancakes and Chola are trying to pull a fast one. Considering we haven't fought Chola even if we were to win or lose that would put Chola ahead of your team by 50 points if a match was set up. What do you think of that? Chola gets one more extra match in putting them in the lead. Since you been justifying this system so far while trying to pull a fast one I think you would prefer it that way . 

#177 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

think we just established a point that both Pancakes and Chola are trying to pull a fast one. Considering we haven't fought Chola even if we were to win or lose that would put Chola ahead of your team by 50 points if a match was set up. What do you think of that? Chola gets one more extra match in putting them in the lead. Since you been justifying this system so far while trying to pull a fast one I think you would prefer it that way . 

We are not trying to pull any fast ones on the other teams. Just when a GM said that the last Fight Night was the Last Fight Nights, well it ending with a 2-way tie for first. Pancakes and Chola are the teams that settle it. And I'm unsure if we've (Pancakes) even fought Choloyolo yet as well. Despite we've had 4 fights it was only against 3 different teams.

I mean you're assuming we're just trying to pull a fast one and take the prizes and glory right outta the hands of others alongside the horrendous assumption of GM favoritism. When Carpo brought up the sudden lack of any final fights or who's getting the prize, he meant as in "What ever happened to that whole Fight Night's thing? It's been a while since we've gotten any news, maybe it's over and the winners will be declared?"

The fact that after this apparently the last week but a tie for first and a few weeks of no word or news on the matter happened I was actually gonna ask Shazam about what to do about the prize and the two-way tie for first. And you're saying fight one of the first place teams, allow them to break the tie without settling it with a different team. Win OR Lose, the result would be this:

If Cholo won:

1st: Cholo 400 points

2nd Pancakes 300 points

3rd Rugrats 250 points

If Rugrats won:

1st Cholo 350 points

2nd Rugrats 300 points

3rd Pancakes 300 points

Meaning if Cholo lost, we'd have to settle a final tie with Rugrats and Pancakes for 2nd place. Resulting in one more unnecessary fight so that one team gets a final point boost for 2nd place. I do understand why a team would be upset however; The lack of facing more than one team, the fact you only had two fights alone, and the number of fights all of the other teams had.

And also this fight nights took place in a bad time of the year. When several big patches and other things would have WarpPortal very busy which resulted in long gaps between fights as well.

#178 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

We are not trying to pull any fast ones on the other teams. Just when a GM said that the last Fight Night was the Last Fight Nights, well it ending with a 2-way tie for first. Pancakes and Chola are the teams that settle it. And I'm unsure if we've (Pancakes) even fought Choloyolo yet as well. Despite we've had 4 fights it was only against 3 different teams.

I mean you're assuming we're just trying to pull a fast one and take the prizes and glory right outta the hands of others alongside the horrendous assumption of GM favoritism. When Carpo brought up the sudden lack of any final fights or who's getting the prize, he meant as in "What ever happened to that whole Fight Night's thing? It's been a while since we've gotten any news, maybe it's over and the winners will be declared?"

The fact that after this apparently the last week but a tie for first and a few weeks of no word or news on the matter happened I was actually gonna ask Shazam about what to do about the prize and the two-way tie for first. And you're saying fight one of the first place teams, allow them to break the tie without settling it with a different team. Win OR Lose, the result would be this:

If Cholo won:

1st: Cholo 400 points

2nd Pancakes 300 points

3rd Rugrats 250 points

If Rugrats won:

1st Cholo 350 points

2nd Rugrats 300 points

3rd Pancakes 300 points

Meaning if Cholo lost, we'd have to settle a final tie with Rugrats and Pancakes for 2nd place. Resulting in one more unnecessary fight so that one team gets a final point boost for 2nd place. I do understand why a team would be upset however; The lack of facing more than one team, the fact you only had two fights alone, and the number of fights all of the other teams had.

And also this fight nights took place in a bad time of the year. When several big patches and other things would have WarpPortal very busy which resulted in long gaps between fights as well.

either way considering how they would set up a tie breaker match but not set up any matches for the teams that are missing matches shows a sign of favoritism in the first place. If you were stuck in the same situation, I can assure that you will not settle for no less. My team mates had busy schedules from work, school, and even taking a road trip back home and stopping by a Star Bucks along the way to get wifi for these fights. Who in the right mind would settle when there was clearly an unfair amount of match ups and you're gonna settle this charade based on the current point system? I suggest having all the teams available duke out for the final prize or splitting the prize to all the teams. Even if the timing is off and you guys got to fight in more matches assigned by the GM is clear advantage to this point system. If the GM isn't going to do anything about the teams that didn't get as many match ups yet still create a tie breaker match for these two teams it is clearly favoritism and you guys pulling a fast one before the settlement of these teams. Storm and I talked to one of the badtouch members. I also know the back up member for MuffinPants. We have not gotten any matchups besides the ones we were told. Even if you feel you didn't have the intention of excluding these teams that didn't have a fair amount of match ups in hindsight this is indeed pulling a fast one and trying to settle the prize between the two teams that did have a good number of matchups.

Edited by ohsnap, 14 November 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#179 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

either way considering how they would set up a tie breaker match but not set up any matches for the teams that are missing matches shows a sign of favoritism in the first place. If you were stuck in the same situation, I can assure that you will not settle for no less. My team mates had busy schedules from work, school, and even taking a road trip back home and stopping by a Star Bucks along the way to get wifi for these fights. Who in the right mind would settle when there was clearly an unfair amount of match ups and you're gonna settle this charade based on the current point system? I suggest having all the teams available duke out for the final prize or splitting the prize to all the teams. Even if the timing is off and you guys got to fight in more matches assigned by the GM is clear advantage to this point system. If the GM isn't going to do anything about the teams that didn't get as many match ups yet still create a tie breaker match for these two teams it is clearly favoritism and you guys pulling a fast one before the settlement of these teams. Storm and I talked to one of the badtouch members. I also know the back up member for MuffinPants. We have not gotten any matchups besides the ones we were told. Even if you feel you didn't have the intention of excluding these teams that didn't have a fair amount of match ups in hindsight this is indeed pulling a fast one and trying to settle the prize between the two teams that did have a good number of matchups.

Again with the assumptions, and talk about making yourself look bad about wanting the prizes. This is what you're doing here. I mean I understand yes that a lot of you didn't have enough matches but the only reason I brought it up was cause there were no more friday fights announced. It's not pulling a fast one. It's bringing up a topic before it is forgotten. If you want the prize SO BAD, you can have it. You make it such big drama over such a small thing. 

Edited by Rabbicarpo2011, 14 November 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#180 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

I honestly dont care about the prize I admit I am a heavy cash spender so the prize won't offer me as much as had spent on this game. All I want is justice for those that have been waiting all this time for their matches no more or no less. You are also making assumptions here.

#181 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

I honestly dont care about the prize I admit I am a heavy cash spender so the prize won't offer me as much as had spent on this game. All I want is justice for those that have been waiting all this time for their matches no more or no less. You are also making assumptions here.

Then i say leave it as is. Splitting the prize means 2 teams would get 1200 IM and both teams have 3 members which means each teammate would only get 400IM anyways. So idk why there's such a big fuss being made.

#182 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Then i say leave it as is. Splitting the prize means 2 teams would get 1200 IM and both teams have 3 members which means each teammate would only get 400IM anyways. So idk why there's such a big fuss being made.

Not to mention Rugrats is tied for 3rd place anyways so if a 3rd place prize was to be given you can chose to either fight or split yourself.

#183 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

For this first tournament... I set it to a point system to make it even so if you didn't win for the majority of the time, you still had the chance to qualify since your team was there. Participation was key with this tournament.

The future tournaments won't always be like this.

#184 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Another thing I'd like to point out is that Shazam Pm'ed teams asking if they're available for the fight night dates. I should assume that you, Rugrat's team captain, yea iirc you were the one who signed as captain at least gotten PMs from Shazam on the other dates. If you did and did not reply or replied due to being unavailable then you were not set on schedule to fight. Me and my partner as well as the back up discussed each dates and time periods and planned accordingly so we had perfect attendance for every scheduled fight night date. And if you did not receive any pm's or possibly in-game contacts then that seems to be rather unfortunate and then I would agree that you should have been scheduled for more fights.

#185 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

The major issue is still. There are some teams that were only called to fight once or didn't get to fight at all that.

#186 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

We had already discussed and schedules ourselves for saturdays and apparently thursday we were only informed to fight the first week and that one thursday prior to that thursday im pretty sure a list of days or at least availability is already discussed considering our team was also available everyday during battlesquare hours. The fact is we were available to participate but we were not given the chance to as mentioned that participation was key. We entered to win and not to settle.

#187 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

The major issue is still. There are some teams that were only called to fight once or didn't get to fight at all that.

With every fight, I messaged each team to see if they could fight. What you stated is a non-issue.

#188 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

I don't even see why a different schedule had to be set for every team. It was a tournament. Set a static schedule and have everyone follow it. If they can attend their scheduled fight, then good for them. If not, then that's unfortunate but it's something that has to be dealt with in any legitimate tournament. Everyone follows the schedule or they don't fight. No hassle, no drama. Just rules set in stone.

#189 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

I don't even see why a different schedule had to be set for every team. It was a tournament. Set a static schedule and have everyone follow it. If they can attend their scheduled fight, then good for them. If not, then that's unfortunate but it's something that has to be dealt with in any legitimate tournament. Everyone follows the schedule or they don't fight. No hassle, no drama. Just rules set in stone.

All the fights ended on a Thursday or Saturday. I gave all teams a notice of 4-7 days beforehand.  I admit, this first try was a bit messy but I would much rather have a single day or two of fights.

#190 Yoshida

Yoshida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Rugrats had perfect attendence too, along with BT and other teams who were only called 1 or 2times to fight. Some teams never  even got a chance to fight. In my opinion it is completely unfair to give the 2 teams that were lucky enough to get called to fight the most(and even get fights outside the determined fighting days) automatic first and 2nd place. The best and most fair solution is what dango suggested and give everyone who particapted a reward and not even declare places.

Apparently Rugrats didn't have perfect attendance. The reason why they were behind in terms of points is because they did not sign up the fight on that Saturday after paladin was nerfed. Rugrats would have been first place if they showed up that week. Team Pancake showed up every single time. It makes sense why Team Pancake was ahead. Some teams never got a chance to fight because either their team leaders either didn't respond to ShazamO's pm in game, didn't show up, or didn't check forum mail for final confirmation. I believe team leaders are responsible for this.

I also recall that one of the fights was discontinued because everyone wanted EW, according to ShazamO, and that was another reason why not every team get to fight each other. He had legitimate reasons to discontinue the fight. 

To be honest, ShazamO was being as fair as he could. He notified everyone who signed up for the fight, and he would wait for us to relog and re-join the match. If he was being unfair, then why would he bother to dq 2 of the teams in the tourny? 

Just because you didn't have a match doesn't mean ShazamO was being unfair.

I rarely see any participants' appreciation of GMs' efforts. 

Edited by Yoshida, 14 November 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#191 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

There was no prior notice to sign up for the saturday tournament even after the pally nerf. I know this for a fact cause I was online in the game for the most part during the period trying to test new pally nerfs and combos. As explained I even asked Shazam during that saturday why we weren't on that bracket while some others who had fought the first week were on that bracket as well. He told me that we will be in the next bracket so we waited till further notice. I appreciate the efforts that Shazam has made so far but there's also the fact that not too many ppl 

#192 Yoshida

Yoshida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

There was no prior notice to sign up for the saturday tournament even after the pally nerf. I know this for a fact cause I was online in the game for the most part during the period trying to test new pally nerfs and combos. As explained I even asked Shazam during that saturday why we weren't on that bracket while some others who had fought the first week were on that bracket as well. He told me that we will be in the next bracket so we waited till further notice. I appreciate the efforts that Shazam has made so far but there's also the fact that not too many ppl 

There was. You weren't on the bracket because your team leader did not sign your team up. You told them you weren't gonna be online and that 2 of your teammates also couldn't make it on Saturday. :)

#193 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Are you talking about the saturday where teammuffinpants did sacred protection and priest combo? The skill where the pally takes all the damage and the priest is unharmed. 

The only way I can really find out is after contacting my team leader. Cause there was a bracket made early october which did not include us and I had brought the fact that some teams got more fights in than others.

Edited by ohsnap, 14 November 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#194 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

No prize for incomplete tournament. nothing gained nothing lost.

#195 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

I can live with that ^

#196 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Are you talking about the saturday where teammuffinpants did sacred protection and priest combo? The skill where the pally takes all the damage and the priest is unharmed. 

The only way I can really find out is after contacting my team leader. Cause there was a bracket made early october which did not include us and I had brought the fact that some teams got more fights in than others.

That bracket was very likely to be a test bracket if the teams were to reply to being able to make it. It was subject to change even if not specified I always think that something would be subject to change in MMO events.

I believe both teams already selected their choice in this matter. It would be pretty disappointing for the teams to not receive anything including 2nd and 3rd places.

#197 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

I can live with that ^

you got that "either I win or no one can win" mentality. GG

#198 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Youre trying to justify winning in an incomplete tournament what better way to settle sonething for all the teams that had no prior notifications when they were waiting to participate other than equal compensation for all these teams

Looks like someone is mad since I called you out for pulling a fast one. i only used my team as an example i want justice for ALL these teams. Not everyone is as greedy as you. Also dont try to act big if you were to give up your prize and see another team fighting pancakes at the end youll start complaining. So I advise you not to try to act like a big man and try to settle this said drama by giving up the prize.

Edited by ohsnap, 15 November 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#199 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

Youre trying to justify winning in an incomplete tournament what better way to settle sonething for all the teams that had no prior notifications when they were waiting to participate other than equal compensation for all teams.

So even teams that didn't get to fight, or teams with perfect attendance should all just get nothing? Sorry way to unfair putting up with time-planning for Tournament fights and discussions on class restrictions of skills and this whole matter to deal with as well.

We all joined not only for a joy of PvP but for a prize and the fun to be had. The fact that you're requesting no prize be given to anybody including yourself and other hard working teams is unacceptable. That immediately screamed an assumption of "If I can't have it no one can." logic. So instead of agreeing to just end this tournament right away, end any more discussion, and finally put this behind us so that next time we can improve and do this in a better system, you are requesting either to screw with the current rankings by having one of the 1st place teams agree to a fight without the other team's consent just to guarantee one team a top 3 position (When you're already tied for 3rd place yourself with a different team that you can settle this with.) or to just scrap all the rewards and give all the participants a "Thanks for coming" and a "Sorry no prize." Also you're making the cruel accusation of favoritism of the GM judge of the matter and he even is trying to settle this and end it himself.

The tournament wasn't incomplete, it's system was just flawed and based purely on attendance and participation. Choloyolo and Pancakes are perfect attendees who likely were quick to respond with their preferred tournament fight dates and times and had members at the ready.

And to also state again, this tournament, WAS TAKING PLACE DURING PREPARATIONS, RELEASE, BUG-FIXES, AND OTHERWISE INVOLVING THE GALAXIA UPDATE WHICH RESULTED IN WARPPORTAL EMPLOYEES, THE JUDGES OF THE FIGHT NIGHTS INCLUDED, BEING BUSY AND UNABLE TO SET A CONSISTENT TOURNAMENT TIME SCHEDULE RESULTING IN WEEK-LONG OR MORE GAPS BETWEEN ROUNDS. Meaning; It's likely that due to the long gap between matches some teams that had more inactive players missed matches.

Edited by Coolsam, 15 November 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#200 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

I have not requested no prize I can live without one as long as it's fair for EVERY team participating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users