Large bags for new characters only? - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Large bags for new characters only?

• Please log in to reply
576 replies to this topic

#76 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hey, you founder people started early. You got a headstart over the new players. This is their way of catching up to you!

This is more like taking them to the finish line in a car while the rest of us are stuck running on foot. I will rage if that's the reason they did this.

#77 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Why did they not just think to give one of these beginner packs to all existing accounts via the same way they deliver your daily freebee items? I know WP is just a publisher but they should really try more to get in touch with the community pre-patch. Maybe this will give the devs some time to send a revised patch to avoid customer base loss. The current system of blind patching the community without a decent guideline of what WP can do for us regarding the devs is clearly not working.

Edited by RORose, 02 September 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#78 Zubat

Zubat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Not to sound like I'm disagreeing, but I think it's a nice viewpoint in terms of. Hey our veterans are making alts and getting bored of it. Let's speed things up for them and help them out with a new character incentive event. We don't know what new permissions KRO gave out about the large bags, or what exact reasoning there is but from a veteran stand point I see it as hey my 2nd time around it won't be as terrible.

#79 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

We have BPs,VIPs and Storage expansion joints and khara invested on our mains, remaking your class is not an option.

#80 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

I have been informed, due to the holiday, this will be addressed tomorrow. So please be patient and try to hold some understanding as we observe Labor Day here in the United States. The CMs are aware you would like answers, but cannot be in until tomorrow morning.

#81 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I have been informed, due to the holiday, this will be addressed tomorrow. So please be patient and try to hold some understanding as we observe Labor Day here in the United States. The CMs are aware you would like answers, but cannot be in until tomorrow morning.

I apreciate your answer VMod11.... Let's see what happens tomorrow... For now, I'll keep listening my rage music for this thread.

#82 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

I apreciate your answer VMod11.... Let's see what happens tomorrow... For now, I'll keep listening my rage music for this thread.

Wouldn't happen to be Satsugai would it?

#83 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Wouldn't happen to be Satsugai would it?

In fact, yes it is. Looks like Monk players think alike...

#84 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Thanks, Appreciate it.

#85 gau08

gau08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

the people who have problems with this are those who have spent money on getting things as fast as they can with the use of money to save time and effort and to avail things that were open to them from before. 

the people who are happy with this are those who cant/will not/ or are not capable of buying every single thing to make things easier for them.

are veterans prohibited from making new characters? or if they make one wont this be available for them?

if not then wont it be a good chance to perhaps make a new character that you wanted if not then let it be. 

(im at level 50, i did not receive nor did i have the chance to get those starter packs) perhaps ill make a new character. 

will i get those items at the beginning.. answer? NO! so...  ill have to grind look for party/ies and be motivated to get a chance at receiving good bounded items. will it be easy of coarse not. 

if new players would get a chance at something good why prevent it? In the long run veteran players would still have the advantage so give the new ones something they can be happy about. 

#86 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

the people who have problems with this are those who have spent money on getting things as fast as they can with the use of money to save time and effort and to avail things that were open to them from before. 

the people who are happy with this are those who cant/will not/ or are not capable of buying every single thing to make things easier for them.

are veterans prohibited from making new characters? or if they make one wont this be available for them?

if not then wont it be a good chance to perhaps make a new character that you wanted if not then let it be. 

(im at level 50, i did not receive nor did i have the chance to get those starter packs) perhaps ill make a new character. 

will i get those items at the beginning.. answer? NO! so...  ill have to grind look for party/ies and be motivated to get a chance at receiving good bounded items. will it be easy of coarse not. 

if new players would get a chance at something good why prevent it? In the long run veteran players would still have the advantage so give the new ones something they can be happy about. 

You have got to be joking. How is it fair that new players are getting items worth thousands of zeny? Including two large bags that you can't even get in the game any other way? That 10 extra space from those would be so helpful to anyone. I don't even care about the temp costumes, mounts and 3 + 7 day VIP. Its everything else thats an issue. If I could make a new character and transfer the bags then it wouldn't be an issue but sadly that isn't an option.

So right now its be gimped 10 spaces compared to new characters or pay $20 per super bag which is absolutely ridiculous.

#87 4730121116050538127

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Interesting. Weird enough didn't they say that they would never give out large bags? (You know, the khara that got changed.) under a pretense of making sure it was optional, and now it's given out to newer players? meh.

Edit: Giving new community a way to enjoy play by circumventing legitimate game play from the beginning of the character, it just seems off getting new customers using starter packages, knowing it can DE-stabilize game play by using this sort of idea, I'm sure. Playing without being retail about it, just seems so off..

IIRC the old Khara quest Requires you to buy 3 SUPER LARGE bag , and it is available only as Khafra shop item. Large Bag on the underhand drops in sograt deset/Road of blessing in KRO and before these New character package shenanigans, Is unobtainable in IRO2.

Personally I dont care about the costumes or VIP or those Khafra items( I can get those fore my character), these unobtainable Large Bags given out are far more annoying.

#88 TaroBubbleTea1

TaroBubbleTea1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Server:Ch. 1/4/8

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Lol-- if my chars were under lvl 25-- I'd gladly remake them but-- *flipstable*

Edited by TaroBubbleTea1, 02 September 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#89 matthewcupu

matthewcupu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

just give largebag to them, so they stop crying...

#90 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

*pop vein* this is so... -_-... For the new players to catch up to founder titles? whaaaat?!?! in that case give only one large x founder title... dammit... I'm seriously thinking of remaking my ranger since she is over 25... Okay...  well, since I don't have a pitchfork so I will go and kill Carlos for his and someone get the torches from the laboratory please, those burn nicely *leaves to maple forest*

#91 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

just give largebag to them, so they stop crying...

Or you just buy everyone super large bags instead of typing supid comments like this.

#92 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

For the new players to catch up to founder titles? whaaaat?!?!

This was said by a player, not by anyone on staff. And information about this will come from a CM tomorrow. For now, please keep calm and do not let others think that speculation is truth.

#93 shomesuke

shomesuke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

First the thing of the pieces of eremes..............now this..........warpportal hate RO2 players or something like this?? 

#94 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

First the thing of the pieces of eremes..............now this..........warpportal hate RO2 players or something like this?? 

I have already warned to stop making people think speculation is the truth. WarpPortal does not hate the players. Please be patient and wait until the holiday is over for a response from the staff.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 02 September 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#95 Zeniachan

Zeniachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

For the new players to catch up to founder titles?

Sorry, that was me who said that...I was being sarcastic though, and wasn't really referring to "founders" as in, the titles, but the players themselves who played around launch, referring to their dedication. Apologies for the confusion.

#96 TheArrow

TheArrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I have already warned to stop making people think speculation is the truth. WarpPortal does not hate the players. Please be patient and wait until the holiday is over for a response from the staff.

I don't think he meant it as them actually hating the players, more of a joking then literal sense. Mainly because their past messups. Hell, why wasn't the start packs even mentioned in the Update and patch notes? Especially with the items that they give?

#97 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I don't think he meant it as them actually hating the players, more of a joking then literal sense. Mainly because their past messups. Hell, why wasn't the start packs even mentioned in the Update and patch notes? Especially with the items that they give?

They were mentioned. as Leveling Incentive Box, or something close to that.

#98 Zubat

Zubat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

We have BPs,VIPs and Storage expansion joints and khara invested on our mains, remaking your class is not an option.

I'm sorry to anyone who was literally forced to make purchases in a free to play game.

#99 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

IIRC the old Khara quest Requires you to buy 3 SUPER LARGE bag , and it is available only as Khafra shop item. Large Bag on the underhand drops in sograt deset/Road of blessing in KRO and before these New character package shenanigans, Is unobtainable in IRO2.

The original Khara mission on kRO2 required 3 Large Bags. It was changed to Super Large Bags in seaRO2 and iRO2 for some reason. Then they changed the Khara again to require Shabby Bags/Old Bags, which are trash items. They're basically doing whatever they can to keep Large Bags dropping in kRO2 and limiting them in every other official server.

#100 TheArrow

TheArrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

They were mentioned. as Leveling Incentive Box, or something close to that.

Ah,

B. Level up incentive box

i. Able to get level up box through mailbox after creating a character

Funny how they don't seem to mention what you get in the box's. Especially the fact that you get 2 of one item thats not even in our version.

Though i do think they did mention before that we would only have Large bags during special events or something. Funny how this event is only for new people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users