Large bags for new characters only? - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Large bags for new characters only?

• Please log in to reply
576 replies to this topic

#101 Somewhere

Somewhere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

Waitwaitwaitwhat! My character just got into its 30s. No box for that?! Boo hoo

#102 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I don't think he meant it as them actually hating the players, more of a joking then literal sense. Mainly because their past messups. Hell, why wasn't the start packs even mentioned in the Update and patch notes? Especially with the items that they give?

I'm not sure if you noticed, but intonation is unable to be determined by text on a screen. An example would be the sentence before this one. I could be angry, offended, or just informative. And it is the third one. Whether or not they intended for it to be a joke, other will not see it that way. As someone who uses Oliver Queen/The Arrow as a forum name and such, I would have imagined you would understand that. It's not the reason why Malcolm Merlin decided to destroy The Glades, it's that he did. [part of it].

Spoiler

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 02 September 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#103 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Truth be told I only played the beta for one day and didn't even get to lv15.

So I got on two days ago and had to make a new character.

Not really sore about that, but boy, things sure are looking worse for wear on the forums.

So when does the box give the bag?

Is my character even eligible to get it?

I mean, I did get some stuff on this character for playing the beta, so I'm curious which version of this level up box I got.

I've played WoW, ten item slots ain't no small deal.

I really feel for people that got screwed out of it just because they started playing sooner than others.

Edited by Krispin2, 02 September 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#104 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

The level up boxes with the Large Bags are the Level 25 and the Level 50 ones.

#105 aurorawolf

aurorawolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

might i just remind you, that most of you are flipping about a bag,

if this game means so much to you, spend the god damn $20/$40/$60 for a superlarge bag(s) and get it over with.

(and for the rest of you complaining about the other stuff, its bound and a time-limited costume, so clam ya tits)

all of you need to calm thy jimmies.

Edited by aurorawolf, 02 September 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#106 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

The items obtained from these packages cannot be traded.

My feelings are mixed for this...so here goes:

Pro - Even though I do feel a bit cheated since now newbies have it much easier (aka. they can experiment with builds and be allowed one free reset), I have to say this is an improvement if anything. Many new players complain that they got their skills or stats wrong because they didn't know how the classes worked in this game, and from my own experience it is still quite difficult to stick to one specific build after you've done your researches (God knows how many times I've reset my characters before I came up with my own build). Not to mention that the job description for Chef is so very appealing, yet people probably won't know how useless a Chef is until they've already invested time into it. This starter package gives them more wiggle room, what's wrong with that? Companies will always come up with newer and more attractive products and features, why would there need to be a compensation for that?

Con - Now, the Large Bags. This is a different story. What is the logic behind making these bags available in a free starter package when older players have absolutely no way of getting them? Allow them to drop from monsters since all new characters will be getting them for free; if you want to keep them rare, then have them drop off of raid bosses at least.

#107 TheArrow

TheArrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'm not sure if you noticed, but intonation is unable to be determined by text on a screen. An example would be the sentence before this one. I could be angry, offended, or just informative. And it is the third one. Whether or not they intended for it to be a joke, other will not see it that way. As someone who uses Oliver Queen/The Arrow as a forum name and such, I would have imagined you would understand that. It's not the reason why Malcolm Merlin decided to destroy The Glades, it's that he did. [part of it].

Spoiler

I understand, and maybe, i guess i just kind of assumed that he was more so joking.

#108 gau08

gau08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

im at level 50 and sad that i wasn't able to acquire those starter packs.  however,   the only way to settle this is to have freebies for all accounts in-game that would be worth to everyone.. (specially to those who already bought them) 

if there's an equivalent trade on anyone in-game i don't think this would be a problem.. sadly i do not know how this can be achieved. 

#109 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

This upsets me because anything that allows you to rush through the levels like this (temp vip and temp mount from the start) just screams they want you to get to end game when the game is still new. Which doesn't make sense considering there are new classes coming out. Once people get to the end, they're left with "now what?" and complaining about lack of content. So to me, the fact that they're pushing people to the end ALREADY (they must be taking bad notes from WoW) tells me bad research. Don't make leveling up faster. If it were up to me, I would lower the exp rates drastically. Make it an actual effort to get to 50. That way, you're actually playing the game.

#110 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

You know, this could've all been avoided if our updates were the same as the kRO2 updates instead of seaRO2.

#111 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Send every single character one of these new starter packs and problem is solved.

But I doubt this will do this..

#112 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Just Let Mobs Drop Large Bags.

Problem solved.

Until then....

table-flip.jpg

#113 matthewcupu

matthewcupu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Or you just buy everyone super large bags instead of typing supid comments like this.

I did

#114 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

I did

Where's mine? D:

Edited by Audn, 03 September 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#115 foxfight

foxfight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:RE:START Odin

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

Hum.

I have to agree that I think it's nice to provide this to new players - but it's kind of over the top, no?

I'm a little miffed myself, only because I recently created two new characters that I spent time/zeny hunting pandora's boxes to fully gear them before beginning game play (TO RUSH). Now new players are surpassing me, having put zero effort into their characters. /hmm

Of course, that is highly situational, but I'm sure there are some other players in the same situation that are feeling a little cheated. Maybe I'm just jelly.

Why not just distribute these packs out to all existing players? Would that not be the fair thing to do? As a rogue I would really appreciate the reset scrolls (NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING ABOUT THE LAST PATCH).

I hope we can strike a healthy balance, because there sure has been a lot of rage around here lately.

Edit for early morning typos.

Edited by foxfight, 03 September 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#116 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Since we're raging about costumes, where is our sheriff and showgirl?

Has it been confirmed if these temp costumes can be extended?

#117 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

It's Tuesday now: any update on this?

#118 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

My hand is feeling unusually pitchforky. I really want to know if this is being discussed by the iRO2 staff yet.

#119 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

WTS > Pitchforks  :heh:

#120 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

WTS > Pitchforks :heh:

Ill take a stack.

#121 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

I feel so lied to.

First they changed the Khara mission to accept Shabby Bag/Old Bag because they said that Large Bags will only drop during events on iRO2 (compared to kRO2 where Large Bags normally drop around the level 40-50 areas). And now they went and gave not one but TWO Large Bags to new players. Why is it so difficult to just let them drop on our server like they do on kRO2? Why'd they have to gimp our server?

The ONE time I decided I wanted to help beta test and play a game from launch, it screws me over royally. :p_sad:

Edited by ZeroTigress, 03 September 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#122 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

You guys and your pitchforks.. 

The large bags are an incentive. It's a good time to make some new alts if you would like to receive these bags too. 

If you logged in at least once in the past few weeks, you will be able to get the showgirl/sheriff costume later this week.

#123 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

The large bags are an incentive. It's a good time to make some new alts if you would like to receive these bags too. 

If you logged in at least once in the past few weeks, you will be able to get the showgirl/sheriff costume later this week.

It's a great incentive for new people! I don't think anyone would argue against keeping it, but....a lot of people have stuck with the game from the start with many alts already and you're telling us those people can only get large bags if they....re-roll their entire characters? 

#124 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Wow, really? So what incentive is there for the rest of us veterans to keep playing? RO2 was meant to drop Large Bags just as normally as Medium Bags, Small Bags, and Extra Small Bags. You guys are the ones who disabled it for our server and you expect us to just accept that the only way we can get it on our server is by making new characters?

I am just stunned.

#125 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Making new alts doesn't help get the extra storage space on your main character, and I doubt most people want to make a new alt their main with all the bp and other investments that would be lost. The community has been asking for alternatives to the ridiculous $20 bags since the game first came out and now everyone who supported the game since the start will be permanently penalized against newer accounts. Why can't we have large bags implemented the way they are on kro? Or at least make the ones in the starter packs tradeable so we can transfer them to our main character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users