Large bags for new characters only? - Page 7 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Large bags for new characters only?

• Please log in to reply
576 replies to this topic

#151 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

But with the amount of Kafra stuff they are given, if you CAN sell them, you can just buy Deviruchi Books I-IV for about 1000z and get a title that is better than the Founder Title.

They also get phantom stones, giving them a chance, however small, to get an instant 10~14k if they get the top of the pyramid and get the wings/cape/guitar. They could sell it for the zeny, spend 1-2k for the books for Intellect title, and spend the rest of the remaining money to get the freaking mayor plumberge title, which I don't have yet because I'm poor and I still have a lot of farming to do.

So to add to the cape bait and switch, you guys add this to our frustrations? Here I am, busting my ass to farm all these cards, DNA, and oridecon pieces so I don't have to spend my money because I have to save that for school, trying to get some of those kafra shop items that are in those free newbie boxes so I can get more money to buy things that will make my character better, AND YOU'RE JUST THERE, GIVING THESE ITEMS I HAVE TO WORK HARD FOR TO THESE NEWBIES FOR FREE??

You may be doing something nice for the actual new players to welcome them, but what the hell is the use if the rate of players quitting your game is WAY more than that of the new players starting? Even if you do have new players, they will still find out how buggy this game is and how it's no different from grinding to level (just gives you the illusion that you're not) and find out how inconsiderate the devs are, and quit with the same rage as the other players are.

You can't make everyone happy, but can't you even at least TRY to make a lot of them happy?

Flipping tables isn't even enough for me here.

#152 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Enable Large Bags as Old Blue Box and Old Purple Box rewards!

#153 ZellKFF

ZellKFF

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • LocationBrussels, Belgium
  • Server:Channel 5

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Honestly, when we were told that large bags were to be implemented via the boxes, it was a surprise to us as well. 

As usual. Goddamnit, you look like a bunch of tools who are just at the mercy of whatever patch gets implemented by Gravity. Hell, you usually don't even know what half of a patch content entails, and keep writing that "more details will follow". SORT OUT THESE COMMUNICATION ISSUES and voice your opinion on upcoming features, before they actually hit the server.

My guildmates and I are usually pretty laid back and even openly defended WP (and the CMs in particular, because we know there is only so much they can do), but the cape fiasco, then this ridiculous "incentive" is really getting on my nerves. We're meant to be here to have fun and instead we spend our time getting screwed up the ass and disappointed over and over.

We do not want an event where players might have a random chance of getting a large bag, we want the same as the new players - 2 large bags for the chars we spent hundreds (thousands for some) of hours on. Please make it happen.

Goddamnit Zanbee, this is a big deal for a lot of people so take it as such.

Edited by ZellKFF, 03 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#154 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

The Bag issue is a aware concern, because it was raised by the player-base as tons of player concerns large bags Should have been available to players via drop i do agree on that one,

As the whole player base is aware, and i am being honest everyone is being told in a orderly fashion that people will not agree on in anymore terms because it is causing everyone to feel upset "that newer players/characters can only get these items"

"These bags will be only available VIA Events or re-creation of a character using boxes, anymore than that you will have to buy them"

The Viable to solution to this method, i'm sure is by putting Two, large bags (from the boxes) Inside the temporary storage of older players, that will keep the player-base happy enough.

Therefore, solution solved.

We know that you can't give everything, but two simple large bags from the boxes are enough to keep the non-paying and Paying player base happy, and do not cause anyone to get upset.

I know it is a event, but it does not please the player-base in a way that Gravity/Developers are putting it, which does not help the situation at hand (I'm not saying about WP, rather the developers with it on their end)

Keep your player-base happy, and you've got a good funding point, and a higher player-amount including those who pay.

I already know you can't satisfy everyone, but it's about how your players react to it, and how/what should be done about it that's important.

Edited by AmiiMii, 03 September 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#155 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

The "we didn't know" excuse needs to stop. Y'all had two weeks to get your stuff together about the patch. Enable Large bags to drop to all players or give every current account one of those packs in the mail.

How can you guys continue to do this to your playerbase?

#156 i7thSlayer

i7thSlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:- out of order

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

20 bucks for a bag? Dang! And iI thought Requiem was expensive.

#157 foxfight

foxfight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:START Odin

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Well I guess its a good thing I don't have Founder or Pre-Historic titles on any of them....oh wait.

This.

tumblr_inline_mrghtbbPx41qz4rgp.gif

Edited by foxfight, 03 September 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#158 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Honestly, when we were told that large bags were to be implemented via the boxes, it was a surprise to us as well. 

We understand everyone's frustrations. There are some big holiday events coming soon, and we will see if we can use the large bags as rewards. Therefore, everyone at all levels will get a chance to get the large bags.

No. Most of the things in game are already chance-based; OBB(god damn WIS Potion), gear tokens that only give 2-4 people in the raid group some gear(and that's just ONE part of their gear out of 5, out of 10 people in the raid that might---nvm I'll stop there.), munil boxes, unidentified cards, DNA Fragments, etc. New players get them by simply PLAYING.

Like I said, we will find ways we can bring in these items for players that have reached the end-game phase as well.

...much better.

#159 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

Seriously, please give us a reason why they're not enabled as monster drops on our server. I cannot see any reason to disable them other than to force us to buy Super Large Bags.

#160 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Rule #1, Zanbee, never trust the kRO devs at face value. You guys really need to investigate the patch contents yourselves if you haven't already and not rely on the notes.

#161 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

20 bucks for a bag? Dang! And iI thought Requiem was expensive.

Holy anger issues in your signature :p_omg: .

#162 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Holy anger issues in your signature :p_omg: .

The guy represents the RO2 community and the door represents WarpPortal and the RO2 developers.

#163 Kaori

Kaori

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Honestly, when we were told that large bags were to be implemented via the boxes, it was a surprise to us as well.  (please solve those communication problems)

We understand everyone's frustrations. There are some big holiday events coming soon, and we will see if we can use the large bags as rewards. Therefore, everyone at all levels will get a chance to get the large bags.

I'm sorry, but I don't want a "chance" to get the large bags. I want the large bags (and everything else too).
I played beta and have been here since May 1. While I don't mind the new characters getting all of that (even if it's a bit too much) I think that all characters created before the last patch should also get the boxes.
If anyone says, oh but you already have founder titles and other stuff they don't have, all I can say is, it's their problem for not playing since the beginning.
The mmorpg I played before this one was already 5 years old when I decided to play, and I didn't have all the fancy stuff they had. Never complained. Just tried to lvl up my characters, farm items to make money and buy whatever I could. Only got free stuff from events available to everyone.

#164 Dinocat

Dinocat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but how about just sending everyone one of the starter packages? 1 package in the giftbox would get every player the same thing the newer folks will get.

Sometimes I feel the most simple of solutions are overlooked.

#165 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but how about just sending everyone one of the starter packages? 1 package in the giftbox would get every player the same thing the newer folks will get.

Sometimes I feel the most simple of solutions are overlooked.

Edited by Yukyrie, 03 September 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#166 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Disappointment.

DISAPPOINTMENTS EVERYWHERE.

#167 L337fox

L337fox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'm sure in the context of the sentence made by Zanbee she meant chance as in opportunity, not chance the random probability.

I agree with the above though. Surely it can't be hard to give everyone a package. I'd love to respec to something else instead of the generic 40/40/8 and I'd love to get out of the chef profession.

#168 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

I agree with the above though. Surely it can't be hard to give everyone a package. I'd love to respec to something else instead of the generic 40/40/8 and I'd love to get out of the chef profession.

:hmm: don't think you could change your profession (unless there's a way to do that I'm not aware of)...

#169 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

:hmm: don't think you could change your profession (unless there's a way to do that I'm not aware of)...

There's Cash Shop item for that. I forget what it's called off the top of my head.

#170 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

:hmm: don't think you could change your profession (unless there's a way to do that I'm not aware of)...

You can change your profession. I just changed mine like 2 months ago from Blacksmith to alchemist. I think its called guardian rune or something.

#171 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

There's Cash Shop item for that. I forget what it's called off the top of my head.

Guardian Rune

#172 TheArrow

TheArrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

So, older players have to hope they can get the large bags as an event, while new players get them by leveling up? Why not give the starter packs to everyone? Why do only people that created characters after the patch get them?

You mention Leveling incentive in the Patch update, by why didn't you state what the incentives were for leveling up? Is it because you knew there would be an outrage when people found out that it was kafra shop items and large bags?

#173 TomCrancy

TomCrancy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Make large bags available for 1 million blood points each.

#174 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

Event will probably go something like: top 5 guilds will all receive 5 large bags per member :D

#175 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

doesnt make sence!! noobs are supposed to learn the game, hunt and loot the medium bags from monsters

sure theyre propably the ones who need the bag the most (with all the crap they'll be getting from quests) but making it available to older players seem more sensibler.. i dont really have problems with inventory space atm but it would be nice to have more slots for pots for my pothead rogue..

not all bad though, i guess i'd make a new character as a new "storage"

Make large bags available for 1 million blood points each.

no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users