#76 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Is block rate working, cause I haven't seen anything say "Blocked." I'm only getting damage, and my blocked rate is at 100%.

"Blocked" will only appear if you completely blocked the full amount of damage. Otherwise, the damage will display in an alternate color (blue, with red outline) from taking standard damage (red)

As it stands, knights still have the lowest damage output (attack power and skill power wise). The problem is, you can easily build attack power through gear (which is what every knight I see around does), to still do a lot of damage to most classes. I like the way the knight is going in terms of tankiness, because they should be strong in that aspect (which they are at the moment), but a slight cutback in damage output should come with it, as to not make the knight the all around powerful class. Here's what I propose:

Make the attack power passives only give 4% per lvl, to a maximum of 20% each. (instead of 25% each, like every other class).
Lower the burning damage on fire shot to 200 damage a second (before it was 300)
Overall drop in skill power by a slight percentage (10%?)

A good suggestion and worth considering. Thank you. :)

Check to depth the dc issue. Myself and others still get it and its not the connection
Maybe it has anything to do with the "Skills resets" in skills tab ? as soon as my time ran out its then when i started to dc

We will look in to that to see if that may be one of the contributing factors, thank you for the information.

Cleric

Mystic Deviation

• Increased Block Rate by 2% per skill level.
  • Added Ratio bonus of 1% Block Rate per 35/30/25/20/15 DEX.
It's not dex on the live servers its INT
agree with block rate the difference is unnoticeable

Oh my, quite an oversight and will be fixed in the next patch.

champs mute skill: can you reduce it to 5 sec. like the cleric's mute~ it's not fair that they have longer mute than magic user class

This feedback will be taken in to consideration behind the design intention of the class and skill for Champions.

crystal dies faster than pre skill update: maybe increase its def by 10% ( since you lowered it by 20%)

Indeed it does die faster, which was intended. It is difficult to properly put stats that will make the Crystal Consistant through each match, because the number of players that attack it, debuffs, etc. Will always change from match to match as well. One match may have more offensive power than another, making it die all the faster. We will continue to monitor and review what we can and continue adjusting as needed.

Patch Notes v482
Hawker

Rapid Twitch

• Movement Speed increased by 5% for final skill level.
Bow Focus
  • Critical increased by 5% for final skill level.
I don't see both of these implemented on the latest update.

Verified, somehow these skill changes were not implemented correctly but will be within the next patch for sure.

Seems as if blockrate is not working. I have 113% on my cleric and I have a few dmg reductions every few hits but it seems way low and I have yet to have a full block.

It's quite possible that the block rate is not working with the ratio passive. This is a new mechanic that has not been fully explored, though we had believed it was setup to allow for our imaginations, it is possible some aspects were not coded correctly so this will be treated as a bug and fixed as soon as possible.

hi :) is this thread still open to the eyes of the gms?. if so may i suggest a little thing :). since before the skill update i made a mage to farm items (its what i like in games "item farming, collecting, making things). but since the skill update my mage cannot farm and shes now lvl 212 with full dodge set (earrings, necklace, ring, staff, armor) she got base dodge now of 1000+ yet she is being hit like normal and i mean like -0 dodge on the mobs green and yellow.

my suggestion is- to make dodge useful against the mobs "only" so dodge sets well cume in handy. since mage build has the best farming skills dodge well be much appreciated by other mage brains in game :). just make dodge good enough against monsters so dat mage can farm.

Please be aware that the class you've chosen is not a dodge based class so the expectancy of how often you dodge may be unrealistic. We will look in to the accuracy stat generation for monsters and see if some could use some adjustment, however understand that there are also certain monster classes that have an increased rate of accuracy because of the nature of their class. If you have a ranger, hunter or mage type monster, they will have a higher accuracy rate than other types. Naturally Leaders, Captains, Sub-Bosses and Kings will also have an increased rate of accuracy as they are intentionally stronger types of monsters as well.

#77 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Oh my, quite an oversight and will be fixed in the next patch.

Are you sure you want to put the block rate % based on DEX? What if the whole dodge thing just does not work at all on cleric? Wouldn't you force clerics to add a stat they can't even utilize, since right now with the patch V.482, I tried dodge build and it doesn't work at all, it's just too low to make you able to dodge something. I think block rate % per INT is already good as it is.

#78 tomato

tomato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Are you sure you want to put the block rate % based on DEX? What if the whole dodge thing just does not work at all on cleric? Wouldn't you force clerics to add a stat they can't even utilize, since right now with the patch V.482, I tried dodge build and it doesn't work at all, it's just too low to make you able to dodge something. I think block rate % per INT is already good as it is.

I agree. Further, it wouldnt make sense that a magical class has to use dex to increase block rate. After all the skill is called MYSTIC deviation.

#79 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Block Rate Stuff:

The block rate values shown in the stats window are not being displayed properly; the actual rate is infact much lower. 

Here are some tests taken:

Cleric

Block Rate Display: 101%

14% magic tool base block rate

45% block rate passives

42.8% blcok rate from Int (642 int total)

attacks blocked: 15/60 (25%)

Block Rate Display: 95%

4.5% magic tool base block rate

45% block rate passives

42.8% blcok rate from Int (642 int total)

attacks blocked: 2/60 (3.33%)

Knight

Block Rate Display: 55%

15.5% magic tool base block rate

40% block rate passives

attacks blocked: 17/50 (34%)

What I think is going on is that the passives are being calculated the same way they were pre skill update but are being displayed in a different way (incorrectly). 

Pre patch the block rate passives were being calculated multiplicatively. 

Offhand Base Block Rate * Passive bonus

Looking at the first example, block rate would be:

14% (base offhand) * 1.878 (total passives) = 26%

Very close as to what the actual value was.

Also, I like the block rate passive being based on Dex rather than Int. Int is already a highly important stat for clerics and giving the passive to dex makes the stat more appealing which leads to more options for builds. 

Edited by Phish, 09 September 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#80 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

After further digging, a couple of (pretty game-breaking) bugs with block rate's calculation were found which are being worked on for next patch, which should correctly reflect the client's displayed block rate. A bug which reduced the effectiveness of Physical Block with some types of physical attacks has also been corrected for next patch.

Edited by Genesis, 09 September 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#81 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:24 AM

Phish, I tend to agree with Destiny on the idea of block being based on int.  Right now Clerics have to spread out their stat points pretty far with charm, int, con and or sen.  To now have to dilute them more with dex that doesn't make sense to me at first pass.  Why do you think it would be more appealing?  I tried using dex like I used to be able to and it did nothing for me at first.  Maybe with all of the changes now it will work out better but I am not sure.  I guess maybe a battle cleric might be able to add a lot more dex but I am not even sure it is worth it for them.  

#82 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

Can we get a 12 hour refresh on the resets? Please. I beg you GMs

Also, I've noticed that the Mana explosives (should drain a portion of the target's mana) does not work as well as the Mage's "Mana burn" does not really burn mana at all. 

Edited by Cloudius, 10 September 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#83 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

Phish, I tend to agree with Destiny on the idea of block being based on int.  Right now Clerics have to spread out their stat points pretty far with charm, int, con and or sen.  To now have to dilute them more with dex that doesn't make sense to me at first pass.  Why do you think it would be more appealing?  I tried using dex like I used to be able to and it did nothing for me at first.  Maybe with all of the changes now it will work out better but I am not sure.  I guess maybe a battle cleric might be able to add a lot more dex but I am not even sure it is worth it for them.  

Clerics have many things that improve their survivability compared to most classes. Heals, mana shield, blocking, and defense/magic defense passives. 

Yes block rate isn't working properly, and neither is dodge but it won't be that way forever.  Clerics already get a huge defense passive based upon int which is why I don't want this stat to be too crucial for them. Int is still going to be very important even if the passive is based on dex.

#84 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

Mystic deviation requires magic tool.
Magic tool requires INT.
But the passive content itself requires DEX.
Contradiction.

And I mean if players want dodge, they will go ahead and get DEX on their own, not forcing players to add DEX to have some more block rate that you need INT to begin with.

#85 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

By that logic, the same should be said about knights.

Advanced defense training requires shield.

Shield requires STR.

Passive content itself requires DEX. Also a contradiction.

However, I'm not too fond of pumping too much importance in only one stat. I'd have to agree that making the passives work on dex be for the best, even if it's contradictory.

Edited by jerremy, 10 September 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#86 tomato

tomato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

- The dex build that the devs announced to be back ie katar cleric is not going to have any use of a skills that requires a magic tool.

-If block rate is to be based on dex clerics will have to add cha, int, dex and sen in order to build an efficent defence. That is 4 stats. 5 if we wanna hit something else than butterflies. 

MADNESS MADNESS I SAY.

#87 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

That is my point.  Right now any of our attacks need some con to hit, if we want to deflect the high crit that players are hitting us with we need some sen, and int is our only means to AP and def (if you take the right skills), then charm to make our buffs worthwhile.  Why would one class need to put stats, and a significant amount for each, into all stats?  Most other classes put in their main stat, then add to it as needed for game play.  And without Dex working right they magic tool block skills will still not be worth the 40SP in my opinion.  

Let's see what happens after the block is fixed.  Leave it at int and see if the skills are worthwhile then.  If dex gets changed the great, go for dex or If the block skills are too OP then change it to Dex.  

#88 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

That is exactly the point. You can't have everything. If you want more survivability via block right (and maybe dodge later on) you'll need to sacrifice in another stat.

You shouldn't be able to get:

Strong Heals

High defenses

High block rate

High crit resistance

High accuracy

On the same character. You should have to pick and  choose which is most important in your build. I wish other characters had as much versatility stat wise as clerics do.

Edited by Phish, 10 September 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#89 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Remember the Dual raider stat nightmare (pre-skill update)? You need STR for major AP, you need DEX to hold weapon and dodge, you need CON to hit stuff and you need SEN to increase your overall damage. 3 primary stat and 1 secondary stat (SEN).

If now mystic deviation requires DEX to work. Then you need CHA for major buffs/heals, you need INT to hold weapon and defense, you need DEX to block stuff and you need SEN to take less critical hit. 3 primary stat and 1 secondary stat (SEN).

Artisan has 1 primary stat (CON), 2 secondary stat (DEX/SEN).
Bourgeois has 1 primary stat (CON), 2 secondary stat (STR/SEN).
Champion has 1 primary stat (STR), 2 secondary stat (CON/SEN).
Knight is in debate.
Raider has 1 primary stat (DEX), 2 secondary stat (CON/SEN).
Scout has 1 primary stat (DEX), 2 secondary stat (CON/SEN).
Mage has 2 primary stat (INT/SEN), 1 secondary stat (CHA).

Why would a cleric have 3 primary stat to choose from? INT/CHA/DEX? Can't we just keep it a balance between INT and CHA then leave DEX as a secondary stat? I don't mind if the GM to lower the defense per INT passive thing a little bit but keep the block rate % based on INT because a cleric can have sufficient defense naked anyways if you have INT.

I just simply do not want to see that 3 primary stat nightmare from dual raider respawn on clerics.

#90 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Wouldn't borug have two primary (launcher) Str to hold it?

#91 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

Wouldn't borug have two primary (launcher) Str to hold it?

Str is more of a secondary stat, as you barely need any strength at all to hold the launcher.

#92 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

So I don't know which patch (if only one) this came from, but I just got on rose and am Very excited to see an updated stat summary (specifically mdef and def separated) and increased cleric skills. I don't even have enough sp to get everything I want which is more than i could say from before as I wasn't even fully leveled and was already halfway through the attack cleric skills just to get rid of my excess sp. I look forward to leveling my character up to max and trying out the new cleric skills. I hope I'm not disappointed!

PS

Even if the skills and stats still need a drastic overhaul, as the players are suggesting, I thank you for renovating this game instead of giving up on it. It means a lot, as an older player and devout ROSE fan, that you are willing to put the much needed time and effort into making the classes balanced and the game fun again. This is exactly what I was waiting for when I quit a couple years back and I'm so grateful that, although taking a long time, you guys are putting an effort into pleasing the older players by adding and updating free game content. I can't wait to see what you have in store next (*hopes it's a planet* xD)

#93 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

xbow scout op ?

#94 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Thank you Phish for pointing out the reason it was intended to be DEX for the Mystic Deviation's enhancement of block chance. Too much weight in to INT, is the reason some changes were made in the first place. Yes, it makes things easy, but it also creates that cookie cutter build effect we were looking to escape from. Now the skill itself still gives a flat bonus as well, but it will grow if you build into it also.

I too would like to see more stat variance between classes, but I don't want to make them too complicated either. Some classes can strive well on their simplicity for some players, but I would still like a means to offer varying build strategies with stats to those who wish to take the risk and reap the rewards.

As the patch notes indicated, it was intended to work off DEX. If you want more reasoning behind why DEX is chosen, it is because it is in light with that of a combat build, even a defensive one. DEX is a contributing stat towards attack power for wands and dodge as a basic mechanic. While we continue to look in to the dodge and accuracy mechanics, it is expected that DEX will become a more viable stat to invest in to once we come to a conclusion on how to treat the accuracy:dodge issue. The reduction to skill passives was not quite as impacting as hoped, so it will continue to be reviewed.

Balance points like these have been expected even after the extensive testing we went through on Pegasus and in no way did we have visions of grandeur regarding the patch being perfect or even complete. As I've mentioned several times, there were varying mechanics we had intended to be part of the skill update that didn't get the chance to see the light, but we haven't given up on them either. The reset ability was created to help ease those major changes in to the community.

Additionally we're looking to avoid making constant changes week to week for balance. We want to try and give each balance adjustment a chance to settle in and work out. Some changes may not be for the better, some may just need further adjusting to. Dramatic enough changes to a class, we'll offer a free reset to and possibly even a timed reset opportunity, like we initially had with the update. It will depend on the changes made.

In regards to accuracy and dodge, we're going to take some time to review it further instead of making any further 'hip-shot' changes and really give it some thorough thought. I hope that we will be able to provide the news that a solution will be implemented soon.

#95 RoachCoach

RoachCoach

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

xbow scout op ?

More of a learn to play issue here, for some reason raiders like to go all out when an xbow scout has its two defensive skills up, and of course it ends badly.  Maybe you guys could kill (Name Removed)  with your ganging if you were a little better at timing it? 

Edited by RoachCoach, 10 September 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#96 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

More of a learn to play issue here, for some reason raiders like to go all out when an xbow scout has its two defensive skills up, and of course it ends badly. Maybe you guys could kill (Name Removed) with your ganging if you were a little better at timing it?

I will Ignore the fact that you are off topic and try to aim at me with some personal baggage. I give constructive feedback of how this game can be more balanced based on my experience. Anyway I would like to thank you for supporting my point that it takes multiple people to kill an x-bow. All bow scouts switch to x-bow scouts because they are overpowered at the moment.

#97 RoachCoach

RoachCoach

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

I will Ignore the fact that you are off topic and try to aim at me with some personal baggage. I give constructive feedback of how this game can be more balanced based on my experience. Anyway I would like to thank you for supporting my point that it takes multiple people to kill an x-bow. All bow scouts switch to x-bow scouts because they are overpowered at the moment.

Not a personal attack, just I have noticed one xbow scout give you guys a lot of trouble.  A lot of it has to do with the timing of its cool-downs, which I mentioned.  Xbow scout, like the knight should be a little harder to kill because of it's defensive cool-downs, which I have seen used really well by certain people.  (I am not one of them, of course).  Any xbow scout in a war type fight will pull off while it gets it's cool-downs back, and re engage when they are back.  That is your chance to take it out. 

Most scouts miss the tanking ability they had before, and the new xbow scout allows for that type of game play which explains the change.  I leveled my scout to 230 as an xbow, and had to change because the class was broken.  Now that it does what it was originally supposed to people want it changed.

Normal scouts need to kite a lot to be effective right now, and are really annoying to play now that people can't just facetank things anymore with a ranged class. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users