Tsukasa's In-Depth Crecentia Guide [Updated 9/18/13] - Page 3 - Alter - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tsukasa's In-Depth Crecentia Guide [Updated 9/18/13]

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#51 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Wait wait wait Ruroka

Are you sure about the «Land of Darkness» formula? As far as I've tried LoD tics every 1 second (it misses a lot tho), and it "clearly" says (at max) 10% base damange + 5% if the enemy HAS a stigma (never says quantity), then its 15% regardless of them having 1 or 5 isn't it? Sadly mine is just lvl 1 atm so I can't test it...

The tricky one is «Curse Burst» which is actually (at max) a 10% base damange + 5*Stigma% for a wooping 35% and 5*stigma% to any foe at 5m radius from target (so its 0% if they have no stigma) which is pretty cool with «Stigma Thread» since the last splashes the stigma at the same number to all nerby enemies (if the target has 5 stigma stacks, then every enemy nearby it will have 5 stigma stacks)... Sadly stigma only lasts about 3 seconds and that timer doesnt refresh with neither «Diem Wind» nor «Illusion Blade» once you reach the 5 stacks (so you are forced to use finishers and LoD and CurBur lose value too).

#52 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'd retest LoD but I already used my skill reset and am not willing to buy another. What I wrote down was my observation when I did have it.

To be honest, there needs to be a clearer rewording of the skills.

P.s. Ruka is fine.

Edited by Rukaroa, 23 September 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#53 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Ruka then, Lein here >=P

I have it at one and still going up steadily, I think I get a skill reset from that fancy box I got at lvl 5 and have yet to open, so might aswell test it out extensively >=D!!

I'll let you know once thats done (don't expect it to be too soon :V!!)

#54 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

I hope levicorpus works like shadow armor with an AoE sleep addition [that is more or less meaningless since most of the time things will be tagged with DoTs anyway and instant wake up].

While we're on the subject of descriptions lacking detail, does anyone know if the effect of Levicorpus is 50% damage reduction on YOURSELF (like Shadow Armor), or on the enemy? I don't see a duration of the damage reduction (Shadow Armor has one), so it seems like it's a 50% damage reduction on the enemy while they're asleep... Although, that would be a bit senseless, wouldn't it? However, if it's on yourself, and it doesn't have a duration, you could basically sleep a random enemy (from the skill description, enemies don't awake until hit), and have a 50% damage reduction without a duration... So, again, I ask; is it on you, or the enemy?

Can anyone verify how this skill actually works? The description is making it sound like it just reduces the damage the enemy takes. This would make some sense, considering it's a type of skill that puts your enemy to sleep. Basically, the damage reduction on the enemy would make it a double-edged sword type skill.

However, if it reduces the damage that you take by 50%, then what exactly is the duration on that reduction? Does it last the full 10 seconds your enemy is asleep? Does it last longer? There isn't a duration listed for the 50% reduction, so I have to ask. :p_laugh:

#55 Mehaperson

Mehaperson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Odin-US

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

Can anyone verify how this skill actually works? The description is making it sound like it just reduces the damage the enemy takes. This would make some sense, considering it's a type of skill that puts your enemy to sleep. Basically, the damage reduction on the enemy would make it a double-edged sword type skill.

However, if it reduces the damage that you take by 50%, then what exactly is the duration on that reduction? Does it last the full 10 seconds your enemy is asleep? Does it last longer? There isn't a duration listed for the 50% reduction, so I have to ask. :p_laugh:

It reduces the damage YOU, the caster, takes by 50%, lasts 10 seconds, the sleep lasts 10 seconds, the sleep is AoE, the 50% reduction of damage does not apply to anybody else but yourself.

As of right meow, dunno after 9/25, but right meow it does not activate unless the wave hits a mob/enemy.

LOD, land of darkness is no good. no point in having it when other skills are more viable.

Your main DPS is dots, not melee, so stack int. Don't stack agi, our gear doesn't have agi, don't try to force agi and lose 300-500 spellpower because you want to crit 3% more of the time.

Melee DPS is only viable because we're forced into it, the only strong hitter is tempest, but that's a 52 second CD with vigor and 32 seconds with guardian

Diem Wind is not reliable, but only skill available, dont bother stacking strength, stack int instead, only thing it's good for is stacking stigmata for increased damage for your tempest, but you need 5/5 cause it's your only spammable skill for dps and the 100% chance for stigmata is pretty helpful for tempest. 5 stacks = tempest 125% rather than 100% unless you go into stigmata mastery, but why would you waste 3 points for 5% crit on NORMAL hits? (and rumor has it increases dmg for the raid by some percentage, dunno how much of that is real, but meh)

I've tested the damage between 5/5 Illusion blade and 5/5 Diem Wind, Diem wind is better dps.

Contingency is a must 5/5 have because it shreds 5% armor and does 25% dot from your melee dps.

Curse reinforce is a FLAT addition, not scaling, so it's not 15% of Crucio's 28% and 14%, it's 15% added towards the 28% and 14%, so it's actually, 43%, and 29% for Crucio

Raw tilt and blindness are interchangeable, as well as, both being able to be on multiple targets.

They both cannot be used on the same target at the same time, one or the other.

Rotation is (least for me anyways, been doing pretty good dps so far)
Raw tilt -> Crucio -> Furnunculus -> Contigency (16-18 second CD with vigor, 14 second CD with guardian) -> Crucio -> Diem Windx3 -> Curcio -> Diem windx2 -> Tempest -> then repeat from beginning, skip tempest because it's going to be on cooldown, refresh dots every 4-5 casts of Crucio as it does have a 4-5 second CD or count 5 seconds after Contingency is off CD, and the longer Furnunculus lasts the more damage, but dont let it fall off cause that's loss of dps. Oh and use awake darkness when guardian is popped for maximum CD usage and damage output, or burn it in the beginning and wait 8 minutes for it to come back up(rather than the 5 minutes with guardian), or pop it and crit 10 times to get that 10% defense for your raid.

uhhhh Evanesco only reflects solid damage, not damage over time, dont bother getting it cause 10% of nothing is nothing because, it's hitting your tank obviously, so loss of dps there.

If any questions, comments, concerns or want to debate/discuss, I will be more than happy to do so, atm this is just what i've figured out.

My build atm: http://www.ro2base.c...310655.22310655

Edited by Mehaperson, 24 September 2013 - 06:21 AM.

#56 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

uhm.

@Mehaperson:

Suposing you use the «Awakening Darkness», what's your rotation including «Death Grip»? What's your opinion about that skill so far?

Also, are you sure about «Illusion Blade»? I've been checking its damange and it surely seems lower than «Diem Wind» 5/5, but it came to me that MAYBE the damange is not shown in a single number but it actually hits the target twice, once for 14% and another for 20% if cursed at 1/5, and you throw a lot of curses... I will test this later >__>.

@Kura:

On the checks I've done on «Land of Darkness», unfortunately, it strikes any target on range once every 2 seconds just like a DoT, but it is dependant of our hit and crit rate, this means that each strike has both a chance to miss and a chance to crit. This skill will shine the most on big mobs during «Awakening Darkness» to cheaply build the party DEF.

Sadly I gotta agree that Melee is just the side damange of the Crescentia, and also good for an immediate burst or threat build. This is due that on the long run DoTs overtake that damange. Mainly because Stigma only lasts 3 seconds and can't be mantained once you reach the 5 stacks, and while «Tempest» is on cooldown, the only skills that use Stigma are «Land of Darkness» and «Curse Burst», and of the 2 it seems only «Curse Burst» can overdo «Diem Wind» once you have 3 Stigma stacks at 5/5, while «Land of Darkness» will side strike your oponent as you build stigma but unless you use «Stigma Thread» you are only doing 10% damange on all the oponents except the one you are meleeing, and even if you splash the Stigma it'll only be for 3 seconds @____@!!

#57 Mehaperson

Mehaperson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

@Leinzan
for Death grip I just fit it in where ever diem wind was supposed to be at with death grip instead

I do agree with Illusion blade 5/5 does more damage, but as dps (damage per second) diem wind is def the better choice imo.

#58 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

No, well, «Diem Wind» of course wins just because «Illusion Blade» has a 5 seconds cooldown... meh w/e... I tested it out and doesn't seem like «Illusion Blade» gives any other strike aside from the initial one... maybe its something like if you have 1000 atk and do «Illusion Blade» 1/5 it would be 140 * 1.3 = 182 instead of 140 + 300... yup... pretty much quite lame... just a good bet to earn 2 stigmas then.

#59 g1314975252

g1314975252

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Can somebody give me some advice on my intended build?

Thank you in advance.

http://www.ro2base.c...310713.22310713

#60 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

are you planning to just PvP? cuz that build screams PvP...

#61 g1314975252

g1314975252

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Well actually I'm more of a PvE player o.o

#62 YoungLifeJunes

YoungLifeJunes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

http://www.ro2base.c...310238.22310238

Anyone at all?

I took someone's build and adjusted something to what I think could still work.

I wanted a build that could be useful in raids and still not suck in Colosseum.

#63 Mehaperson

Mehaperson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Anyone at all?

I took someone's build and adjusted something to what I think could still work.

I wanted a build that could be useful in raids and still not suck in Colosseum.

so why did you get rid of your only skill that reduces the damage you take as a melee character?

#64 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Well, personally I wouldn't bother with boosting crit, or agi at all, most of the damange done by crescentia comes from DoTs after all and those can't crit.

Sure they have some incredibly strong burst skills which can crit, like «Tempes» and «Death Grip» but one will happen once every minute and another once ever 10~13 seconds during «Darkness Awakening» (which is actually pretty nice).

But remember that Cres will not receive any AGI from gears aside from accesories, and 1 AGI point = 0.09 crit at lvl 50.

It will never be very incredible... maybe the most crit you'll be able to pull with all party buffs, AGI, and what not would be around a 20%

I wish, however, that «Stigma Mastery» would give you a 5% extra chance per stigma to crit on target... THAT would be lovely.

#65 YoungLifeJunes

YoungLifeJunes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

so why did you get rid of your only skill that reduces the damage you take as a melee character?

If you're talking about Earth Worm I just don't know what skill to take points from.

Edit: Is this any better?

Edited by YoungLifeJunes, 25 September 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#66 Urthemiel

Urthemiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

So tell me ppl why use Levicorpus at all? 5 points into some lame aoe sleep that only lasts 10 secs and has 1 min cooldown? come on...

And why none of you giving Bram Gush any thought which is spammable aoe?

#67 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

So tell me ppl why use Levicorpus at all? 5 points into some lame aoe sleep that only lasts 10 secs and has 1 min cooldown? come on...

And why none of you giving Bram Gush any thought which is spammable aoe?

more than because of the sleep effect, is because of levicorpus secondary effect, wich is 50% def buff for 10s at rank 5 (pretty much a sin shadow armor with aoe sleep effetc)

#68 Urthemiel

Urthemiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Well, i'd rather get someth more useful than 50% def for 10 sec, don't see any grand use for it.

#69 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Sadly, Crescentia has way too many good skills for either single target focus or crowd control.

This means that no matter what build you pick, you'll always lack something .___.

«Levicorpus» has good use for both PvP and PvE if well timed, specially the 50% DEF increase, and Crescentia gets a great deal of parry to boot since both INT and STR boost this stat, reducing insta kill strikes to punny mosquito bites is quite possible. However I've yet to try this skill properly myself, so based on what I've heard the DEF buff won't apply unless the skill hit a target with its sleeping wave... which makes me wonder if this skill won't work with any foe which was not reached by the wave, and what's more, with bosses.

«Gram Gush» from what I've seen and used it, works pretty well in conjunction with «Land of Darkness», specially because from what I've seen, «Land of Darkness» increases in damange per stigma stack on the enemy, for a max of 50% strikes per tic. However, «Land of Darkness» and «Stigma Thread» seems to be bugged (again based on what I've seen) and tends to miss a lot of the time even on targets 6 levels below you. This in return makes «Gram Gush» fall in value. It is still anyhow the skill you should spam the most if you are battling a mob with «Awakening Darkness» to give a shot for critical strikes and boost your DEF.

#70 Urthemiel

Urthemiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

i think i'll use Mehas build only change maxing Levicorpus to Gram Gush and put remaining point to crit passive, that kind of setup should be of way more use.

PS: I was also thinking of doing pure str or pure int build, but from what i've gathered doesn't seem to be viable does it?

#71 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Sadly, Crescentia has way too many good skills for either single target focus or crowd control.

This means that no matter what build you pick, you'll always lack something .___.

«Levicorpus» has good use for both PvP and PvE if well timed, specially the 50% DEF increase, and Crescentia gets a great deal of parry to boot since both INT and STR boost this stat, reducing insta kill strikes to punny mosquito bites is quite possible. However I've yet to try this skill properly myself, so based on what I've heard the DEF buff won't apply unless the skill hit a target with its sleeping wave... which makes me wonder if this skill won't work with any foe which was not reached by the wave, and what's more, with bosses.

Levicorpus requires a mob in range to activate the damage reduction factor, but the target does not need to fall asleep from the skill for the DR to activate.  It means the skill is efficient to protect vs close range attacks, but will yield no value if the enemies are all staying at long range.

Land of Darkness, by the way, functions similar to Curse Burst, if you happen to like LoD.

#72 Urthemiel

Urthemiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Land of Darkness.. in the time it takes for it to cool down i can use Gram Gush x10 times rendering it completely useless.

Curse Burst however... seems like it should be a nice addition for Gram Gush for explosive aoe damage.. i may max it actually...

Edit: nah maxing it seems to be impossible unless i sacrifice another useful skill or go with +2 on it.. sigh~ needs some thinking over.

Edited by Urthemiel, 26 September 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#73 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well... yea, thanks Lanie... thats what I've been trying to confirm all this time >___>

And just did it... its true, «Land of Darkness» does increase in damange per stigma stack, which means that at lvl 5 with 5 stigma stacks and «Curse Mastery» is a wooping 50% per tic, sadly it misses 2/3s of the time and stigma lasts no more than 3 seconds and you can't sustain it since at the 5 stacks they will dissapear regardless of you spam «Diem Wind» 5/5 or not.

Urthemiel, you can spam «Gram Gush» while «Land of Darkness» is active to maximize both skills' damange in conjuction, add a maxed «Curse Mastery» and «Land of Darkness» will beat «Curse Burst» by a 15% damange even at 5/5...

As I said, Crescentia has a ton of good skills, but you can't have everything .___.

Edited by Leinzan, 26 September 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#74 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Is Stigma Mastery worth it?

It's 3 points, and it may be useful, assuming it actually does the increase on just one Stigma point.

One Diem Wind and then Tempest sounds simple enough in Colo for a higher chance to Crit, but Tempest is best with 5 Stigma points, and that may be hard in places like Colo. Even if I get 5 Stigma points on a person, the duration of those points is short. If they begin to run, I might not be able to use Tempest on them before the Stigma points expire.

So, is the 5% higher chance to Crit worth it?

#75 Urthemiel

Urthemiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

U clearly about pvp, so no. Pvp is all about mobility, low cooldown times, low execution times.. in other words, speed.

No1 is going to let you to build up stacks on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users